All Categories

Great Hall advice

Great Hall advice

Search
Mar 16, 2020, 16:1403/16/20
12/19/19

Great Hall advice

Coming up on mission to get one to level, then obviously this will be the one I take to 10 for remaining missions. I have magic resistance at 6 and spirit accuracy at 6. I use 5 of magic champs (elhain, apo, gorg, alure, jarl) and only 2 spirit (zelotah, brawler). Brawler ACC is at 229, but that requires ACC chestplate for 78 and 1 accuracy set for 40 bonus. Thinking ahead, getting that to 10 (yes weeks away I know) will enable me to drop the ACC set for more survivability. The resistance helps a broader set of my team though. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 16, 2020, 17:1303/16/20
08/26/19

For me, the main priorities in GH  are Accuracy and Critical Damage, almost from the beginning. What you pick depends on which champions you have the most, which ones you use most, and whose debuts you rely on the most. For me, it was Force for the acc and Void for the crit. dmg. Then I systematically started all the acc and crt. dmg to level 7 or 8, because right now I'm using champions of all affinities, then something more specific like resistance for blue or hp for green. 

However, how you approach it depends on your play style and preferences. If you find resistance more important, then you should act accordingly. The fact that we can't reset GH even after some big beginners mistakes puts a little bit of unnecessary anxiety every time we have to upgrade something. :)

Mar 16, 2020, 17:3903/16/20
12/19/19
Yes. ACC and CD should have been my priorities. I'm using 2 blue in Arena so resist helps. ACC just for brawler (I guess zelotah too, though I wish he had stun instead of sleep...) is tough to swallow. Almost to 500 gold medals, so have a couple days to think about it.
Mar 17, 2020, 20:0903/17/20
05/13/19
I think ACC & RESIST are the best ones to do first if we are talking in a vaccum.
Mar 18, 2020, 10:0903/18/20
02/20/20

ACC and defence might be better in general.  ACC is used for all debuff no brainer. 

CD: well how many of your chars have 100% critical at start?

RES: are you in end game long arena battles and faction wars that much? Because pre-Gold III is all speed nuke

DEF: everyone benefits from defence, and it is particularly useful for clan boss and arena. Many defensive characters scale damage off defence. 
Mar 18, 2020, 12:2703/18/20
08/26/19

Ethan said:

CD: well how many of your chars have 100% critical at start?

Any one of those whose damage in dungeons or Arena I really rely on. Well, except for KH, for obvious reasons and RG, still in process. For those champions I use mainly for CB I have other priorities when it comes to stats, you are right here.

On my second account I use Skartorsis in dungeons and Arena, he can keep his 30% CR buff with 1 turn CD and i can run my attack champions with 70% CR, except for Alure - for her I must be sure that even during the buff CD she will be able to use her A1 optimally.

If my Scullcrown didn't land crit on every hit when farming this may means slower run (but those extra 5 - 7 sec aren't really that important), but if that's happening on Arena, well... it's just not feels right, to say at least. Now my RG still land noncrit hit from time to time and when this is happening on Spider and on his A2, that may lead to wipe. If Alure didn't crit 100% of the time on FK, she has no use for me there.

And since I have all my accuracy in GH to 7 or 8 tier and one of them maxed for the progress mission, my next priority was CD upgrade for void and blue to 7 or 8 tier. This is where I am now. Next step - maybe defense and/or hp for green and/or red, then for others too. I don't aim at Plat, so resistance at this point doesn't really matters for me much. This is my personal choise as i say, it may differ for other peoples preferences.

In my understanding, as you progress and get better gear, it will be easier to hit 100% CR (or get closer without %gloves) and this will make CD even more meaningful.

this doesn't mean that i disagree with you, defense is generally a useful stat for everyone and everywhere, i easily agree with that.

Mar 18, 2020, 12:2803/18/20
10/08/19
I've been playing for months now. Putting in work, leveling up and hatching champions. What in this world do you have to do to hatch or obtain a legendary champion? I'm level 43 and thought I would have a legendary champion by now, at least one.
Mar 18, 2020, 12:4103/18/20
02/20/20

I still think ACC > Def

Because you survive an extra turn and the benefit that brings to damage, ally buffs, boss debuff is way more than your own critical damage. Also on CB and end game boss, you are almost exclusively focused on doing damage over time ticks --- so staying alive for an extra DOT is way more useful (and DOTS do not crit).

For clan boss and arena, you need 200 ACC and 4000 Def at least, so it is worth investing some GH on this. 

Def is especially beneficial to heros with less than 1500 Def because of diminishing returns at high values. Giving attack heros some Def buff from GH can make them survive a lot longer, which is always useful in CB. Arena, and Dungeon 20. 

Mar 18, 2020, 13:1503/18/20
12/19/19

Lordjeffries-

After 90 days I still have not pulled a legendary. I wouldn't worry about it, most important to get the best rares (books are much easier) and for epics use the tomes wisely. I could claim wurlim from BP but haven't done that yet because he doesn't really provide much incremental improvement in the areas I need. So I'm not going to level him to 60 and use Legenday tomes on him. Epics that don't require Tomes are INVALUABLE. 

lordjefferies86 said:

I've been playing for months now. Putting in work, leveling up and hatching champions. What in this world do you have to do to hatch or obtain a legendary champion? I'm level 43 and thought I would have a legendary champion by now, at least one.

Mar 18, 2020, 19:4903/18/20
02/13/19

My advice:

ACC > RES > C. DMG > DEF > ATK/HP
Mar 18, 2020, 23:1703/18/20
Mar 18, 2020, 23:22(edited)
08/26/19

Ethan said:

I still think ACC > Def

Because you survive an extra turn and the benefit that brings to damage, ally buffs, boss debuff is way more than your own critical damage. Also on CB and end game boss, you are almost exclusively focused on doing damage over time ticks --- so staying alive for an extra DOT is way more useful (and DOTS do not crit).

For clan boss and arena, you need 200 ACC and 4000 Def at least, so it is worth investing some GH on this. 

Def is especially beneficial to heros with less than 1500 Def because of diminishing returns at high values. Giving attack heros some Def buff from GH can make them survive a lot longer, which is always useful in CB. Arena, and Dungeon 20. 

It seems to me that you are arguing with yourself, because we all agreed here that the ACC is probably the highest priority stat for GH upgrade. :)

Mar 18, 2020, 23:2903/18/20
12/19/19
LOL. I was trying to interpret that one (ACC>DEF) myself :)
Mar 20, 2020, 02:1903/20/20
Mar 20, 2020, 02:23(edited)
05/13/19

Trips your post inspired me to write a Novel about the Great Hall.

I was going to write the information here on your forum, but I decided it would be best to just create a guide.

it took me 2 days of sleepless nights.

it took me 9 different posts because I kept hitting the 50k text limit.

It took 10 screen shot pictures.

BUT IT IS ALIVE!

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/673_guides-and-tutorials/192014_great-hall-guide-for-beginners-to-expert/

My Great Hall Guide Creation!

A Mammoth of a read.

Walls of Text.

However, it is all said & done.

Mar 20, 2020, 03:3603/20/20
Mar 20, 2020, 03:55(edited)
12/19/19

Player J-

Excellent Guide.

I feel even better about my RES and ACC choices for 1st two 6s. I have since upgraded Blue RES to 7. Though I am not yet to that mission thanks to my spider problem :). In General, I agree with almost all of your points as they are spot on.  But for me the two choices Blue RES and Green ACC made the most sense.  But I believe overall RES > ACC for the same reason DEF > ATK, everyone benefits from RES only some benefit from ACC.  For me, the choice was even easier. I'm sure with one glance at the list you would agree.

I have 9 60s now:

5 Blue (Elhain, Apo, Gorg, Jarl, Alure)

2 Green (Occult Brawler, Zelotah) 

2 Red (Skullcrusher, DoomPriest)

When I had 5 it was 3 Blue (Elhain,Apo,Gorg), 2 Green. Clearly my focus was here. For Blue, E & A don't benefit from ACC at all and while Gorgs buff remove is helpful it is his 3rd most important skill. For Green, OB needs ACC for CB.  RES is not needed for CB before nightmare at least when the boss is still void.  Zelotah can use ACC for sleep, but I look at that as a tertiary skill.  It's great when it happens, but is often cleared by a teammate especially on auto.

For me staying in Gold4 Arena is important so I can get more medals and do more upgrades. My team is defense based relying on surviving 1st attack. RES very important or I get nuked. When I move on to Red, clearly RES will be 1st. 

Now if I was blessed with more champs that were debuffing ACC, would be more important.

I think now I need to start upgrading Red RES and ACC for my TBD spider team or future CB team.  Since I do not know the exact affinities that will be most important I will most likely do upgrades at lower levels as gain per medal it is significantly more expensive at each level.  I am back to 182 medals but probably need to start investing elsewhere instead of saving all to get to 10. IDK. With my Blue heavy roster, maybe some Blue DEF 1st.

Thanks for a great guide!

Trips

Mar 20, 2020, 14:0603/20/20
12/19/19

Another excellent resource. 

Valdys. Can you create a thread that can be pinned with links to both of these. Lock the thread, and make it so mods can add links to useful discussion threads or guides here or elsewhere. 

Just a thought.