All Categories

any plans to increase debuff limit?

Search
Mar 12, 2020, 11:2503/12/20
10/11/19

As the title says.

The current limit of 10 debuffs severely impacts the usability of grave chill and frozen banshee. I am trying them both out in a poison team with yaga and hyria. Turns out I need to figure out a replacement for hyria that doesn't have anything to do with poison because I constantly run into the debuff limit and have to use primary attacks when others are avilable simply because the attacks that apply debuffs are almost useless when the debuff limit have been reached.

So will we see a much needed buff of this limit to make the poison heavy route an added viable route for CB farming instead of constantly being limited to a handfull of usable characters?
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 12, 2020, 11:3303/12/20
02/13/19

Hi,

I don't think they'll increase it, 10 is fine, even if I'd like to place more poisons.
Mar 13, 2020, 13:0403/13/20
10/11/19

Valdys said:

Hi,

I don't think they'll increase it, 10 is fine, even if I'd like to place more poisons.

I refuse to accept it as "fine" when the AI is incapable of handling it.

Example: Grave chill is about to attack. Target is at debuff limit. AI uses his 'decrease defence' attack even though it has a long cooldown and cannot be placed due to the debuff limit already having been placed.

That's not "fine".
Mar 13, 2020, 16:1403/13/20
02/13/19

Zorth said:

Valdys said:

Hi,

Example: Grave chill is about to attack. Target is at debuff limit. AI uses his 'decrease defence' attack even though it has a long cooldown and cannot be placed due to the debuff limit already having been placed.

That's not "fine".

I don't agree with you.

You can choose to place debuffs or not. If you know AI doesn't "know" how to control debuffs, you should play manual.

Yes, there is an auto button, but it doesn't mean it will be perfect because it isn't a person and it will commit some mistakes, you can't avoid it, because it can't follow your strategy. 

Then, what's your team? You have to use a specific comp to not full all the debuff bar, this is an easy rule.

Mar 13, 2020, 20:2003/13/20
Mar 13, 2020, 20:23(edited)
10/11/19

Valdys said:

Zorth said:

Valdys said:

Hi,

That's not "fine".

I don't agree with you.

You can choose to place debuffs or not. If you know AI doesn't "know" how to control debuffs, you should play manual.

Yes, there is an auto button, but it doesn't mean it will be perfect because it isn't a person and it will commit some mistakes, you can't avoid it, because it can't follow your strategy. 

Then, what's your team? You have to use a specific comp to not full all the debuff bar, this is an easy rule.

So in other words, what you are saying is: AI doesn't work with the limits in the game, but that is fine because... reasons...

That's extremely lazy and the same as outright saying a working product is not important.

Nice.

I'm starting to regret paying for the battlepass now if this is what I can expect of 'quality control'.

edit: and frozen banshee + grave chill alone can fill up the bar fast because they both got abilities that apply 2 debuffs per usage after poison affinity (another debuff that needs as many debuffs as possible to increase in power) is on the target.
Mar 14, 2020, 15:0303/14/20
02/13/19

Your request is like the players who ask infinite energy. 

There's a limit to make it more difficult... why do you want it easier?
Mar 14, 2020, 16:0503/14/20
12/09/19
Zorth said:

Valdys said:

Zorth said:

Valdys said:

Hi,

That's not "fine".

I don't agree with you.

So in other words, what you are saying is: AI doesn't work with the limits in the game, but that is fine because... reasons...

That's extremely lazy and the same as outright saying a working product is not important.

Nice.

I'm starting to regret paying for the battlepass now if this is what I can expect of 'quality control'.

edit: and frozen banshee + grave chill alone can fill up the bar fast because they both got abilities that apply 2 debuffs per usage after poison affinity (another debuff that needs as many debuffs as possible to increase in power) is on the target.
This is about strategy. If your landing so many de-buffs you need to prioritize them. If 2 champs land all the poisons then use High Damage attack champs to fill the remaining spots. Or use Survivability champs such as HP or Def Champs. There are so many ways to mix and match what works. Just because a certain way is a meta does not mean its the only and best way for you.