All Categories

I'm a whale. The basic lack of QoL improvements has be worried about the longevity of the game.

I'm a whale. The basic lack of QoL improvements has be worried about the longevity of the game.

Search
Mar 7, 2020, 00:5203/07/20
01/10/20

I'm hoping that this will get someone's attention over here at Plarium. I've been a part of the Discord community for a while now but it's obviously extremely ineffective and utterly ignored. Nobody seems to pay attention to it and the Community Managers only use it to apologize for the game being down. Nobody takes our feedback; nobody responds to our feedback. Nobody seems to care about the player-base in the slightest. I couldn't even tell you when or if ever the CM's have actually talked to the community directly because they certainly haven't the entire time I've been playing.

That being said, I've been playing for a little while now and I've spent my fair share of money on the game, enough that I guess I'd be considered a "whale" and hopefully enough to illicit some kind of response here. I love this game and want to offer what I guess is a "whale's" perspective. There are so many quality of life elements that are missing and make the game a lot harder to play, which in turn makes me worry about how long the game will be around and if I should invest more into it.

My storage is almost completely Epic and Legendary Champions. However, I cannot organize them by name; I can't favorite them; I can't see their names; I can't see if any of their spells are upgraded without clicking on each one of them individually on top of taking them out of storage. I also don't understand why it is so difficult to expand the storage beyond 300. I'm bursting at the seams with Epics, so much so that I've been forced to use all of my rares for food and will be unprepared for the next Fusion hypothetically.

When I start gearing my Champions, I can't sort my gear by stat; I can't filter it by stat: I have to click each piece of gear individually to see if it has what I want. I can't search for gear that has specific stats; I can't sort it by slot.

What's also crazy to me is that these are things that were suggested and road-mapped all the way back in 2018. 

I don't know about it from a coding perspective, but these are basic game mechanics. I don't understand why we can't get these simple QoL upgrades, ones that have been suggested over and over again. It's always "we're working on it" and "sooner than you think" and I'm getting sick of it. I have invested a lot of time and a lot of money in this game because I love it and want it to succeed.

People complain about the lack of new content. What I think bodes far worse for the longevity of Raid is the lack of simple QoL upgrades and communication from you all at Plarium.

I'm hoping that you will look at my account and see how much money I've spent on the game and understand that I'm not trying to be a troll (and ban me or delete this), but that I really want this to be a better game, one that I can play for years to come like I did with SW:GOH. Please, please stop ignoring the community and take the time to implement some of these QoL upgrades.

If the game continues to get ignored like this and it's simply a cash grab, believe me: the next Raid clone that comes along that has these simple mechanics added, not only myself but a lot of other whales out there will take their money elsewhere. I don't want to though: I want this game to grow and prosper, I want to continue spending money on Raid, but that requires investment into it from Plarium which doesn't seem to be happening.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 7, 2020, 04:2503/07/20
02/13/19

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Like you said: «that have been suggested over and over again. It's always "we're working on it" and "sooner than you think"»

Until they make an official announcement, the answer will be the same. It doesn't matter if you write it here or on discord or dm a mod. It will be the same.

It doesn't matter if you're a whale or not, players are all the same and Plarium can't prefer anyone for their money. And they won't do it.

We already know this game needs more space for champions, artifacts and a lot of things, but if you write it here, after other 10 players have just wrote the same thing, won't make it happen sooner.

Mar 7, 2020, 19:3903/07/20
01/10/20
Valdys said:

We already know this game needs more space for champions, artifacts and a lot of things, but if you write it here, after other 10 players have just wrote the same thing, won't make it happen sooner.

Thank you for this. What would you suggest? How do we go about trying to exact change?
Mar 7, 2020, 22:0603/07/20
05/29/19

I’m with the Original Poster. I have definitely spent more than enough to be considered a whale. My thoughts mirror his and instead of spending $99 a few times a week I’m now basically not spending at all. I did $9.99 recently, that’s it. Space, Sorting/labeling/filtering are huge issues for me. This is the first Plarium game I’ve played.  If I swap to a different game, it will also be the last. These are basic features that should have been added when the game was released.  

Lack of counter champs is another issue I would raise on behalf of the other players. Martyr is needed to be top tier but too rare, I have the other ones but in over 1000 blue and 100 yellow shards, still no martyr and no second maneater.  

Mar 7, 2020, 23:2103/07/20
02/12/20

I am a new and active player and I have already noticed the lack of features which are standard in most games I have been playing.  I kept thinking I must just not know enough about the game but that was not the case.  No inventory? really?  I have to leave the dungeon and go back to base and enter the tavern to see that I am still one potion short of what I need?  Chat features?  Can I really only broadcast to the whole of Telaria?  I am pretty patient but these things would drive my son crazy.  I would love to invite him but he would quickly get frustrated and quit.

Saying that complaining about it won't make it happen any faster?  Why not just hold up your middle finger?  what a demonstration of lack of corporate empathy!  If there are good reasons that these haven't been addressed then tell the community what they are.
Mar 8, 2020, 01:5503/08/20
Mar 8, 2020, 01:57(edited)
02/13/19

1337bobbarker said:

Valdys said:

Thank you for this. What would you suggest? How do we go about trying to exact change?

At the moment, you should just wait until they release the next patches. If you have some suggestions or constructive feedback to improve the game, write them here or dm me. But saying stuff we already know, won't help us.

I'm here everyday, but I can reply faster on discord: Valdys#9897
Mar 8, 2020, 01:5803/08/20
02/13/19
blaine4739 said:

I’m with the Original Poster. I have definitely spent more than enough to be considered a whale. My thoughts mirror his and instead of spending $99 a few times a week I’m now basically not spending at all. I did $9.99 recently, that’s it. Space, Sorting/labeling/filtering are huge issues for me. This is the first Plarium game I’ve played.  If I swap to a different game, it will also be the last. These are basic features that should have been added when the game was released.  

Lack of counter champs is another issue I would raise on behalf of the other players. Martyr is needed to be top tier but too rare, I have the other ones but in over 1000 blue and 100 yellow shards, still no martyr and no second maneater.  

Plarium already said they won't add more counters.
Mar 8, 2020, 02:0403/08/20
02/13/19
Col Bashful said:

I am a new and active player and I have already noticed the lack of features which are standard in most games I have been playing.  I kept thinking I must just not know enough about the game but that was not the case.  No inventory? really?  I have to leave the dungeon and go back to base and enter the tavern to see that I am still one potion short of what I need?  Chat features?  Can I really only broadcast to the whole of Telaria?  I am pretty patient but these things would drive my son crazy.  I would love to invite him but he would quickly get frustrated and quit.

Saying that complaining about it won't make it happen any faster?  Why not just hold up your middle finger?  what a demonstration of lack of corporate empathy!  If there are good reasons that these haven't been addressed then tell the community what they are.
I've never said you shouldn't complaining about game issues. I've said you (or anybody else) shouldn't complain and start new threads about a known issue. They said "we are working on it", so it means we'll see it in the next patches. Complaining about it more and more won't make it happen sooner. The only thing I can say is "be patient", if you like the game.
Mar 9, 2020, 10:0903/09/20
Mar 9, 2020, 10:11(edited)
01/27/20
Valdys said: 

Until they make an official announcement, the answer will be the same. It doesn't matter if you write it here or on discord or dm a mod. It will be the same. 

It doesn't matter if you're a whale or not, players are all the same and Plarium can't prefer anyone for their money. And they won't do it. 

see, that is the main issue. Those QoL improvements are not "massive stuff" where plarium Needs a year to work on it. Especially Talking About storage space. We're past the Point of where we coundn't even get a single of every champ out there, as the total amount of Champs exceeds the maximum storage space available. Not counting what you Need as Food to lvl them, that you need fusion event champs, etc. 

Being able to see the names, gear and lvl of spells of Champs in the vault is the same - it's not a "massive game changing implementation" which should take as loong as it does Right now.

I get that the sorting of gear is a bigger Thing though, as it requires a complete UI overhaul (way more than the Points above, which just Need some tweaking) - but again, as the Roadmap was out in 2018 with "soon(TM)" the answer shouldn't be "as Long as there is no post Nothing is Happening" in March 2020. Even you should see this and understand that your answer is more than just "blunt" …. for People like the OP of this Topic ist outright insulting to say "just Keep spending, what we promised more than a year ago WILL come eventually, but just stop nagging us when the Company will deliver what they promised - we didn't say anything since then so why don't you just Forget About it for now?"

It's just not acceptable that some Basics which (I found out in the Forum) have been requested since the game went live and were mentioned by mods multiple times even before the "official Roadmap" at the end of 2018. The latest after THAT plarium should have started to actually do something. 

Again. Most of the stuff asked for is easy to implement - especially Looking at the Budget plarium has available. It's also not only asked for by some random People or some few of the whales, but also by each and every Content-crator out there and talked About in most clan and public Chats over and over.

Besides "new Content" (which, except the new unobtainable except for the top 300 Arena Players - and new heroes we don't have space for, isn't even "Content" --- quests are not Content, new Maps/Arenas/Dungeons or a 2nd clan-boss beside the one we have would be "new" CONTENT. The rest is just "new" Features Building on the existing Content -- quests that let you do the same Content over and over again is not new CONTENT but just a new FEATURE reutilizing the already available Content.) we all "see and love" it's, like the OP stated, far more important to finally tackle those BASICS which should have been taken care of in the first 6-12 months the game ran (outside of beta) or at least after the "massive and full of promises Roadmap" in 2018 in the months thereafter (which means until middle of 2019 …. not middle of 2020 …. that's not what a Roadmap is for or "soon" could be used in ANY way)

Mar 9, 2020, 14:1103/09/20
Mar 9, 2020, 14:15(edited)
01/10/20

Valdys said:

1337bobbarker said:

Valdys said:

At the moment, you should just wait until they release the next patches. If you have some suggestions or constructive feedback to improve the game, write them here or dm me. But saying stuff we already know, won't help us.

To counter your point, we know what's coming in the next patch: stuff for Platinum arena. That's it. We haven't been told they're working on anything else that addresses any of these concerns. In fact, since Dracogate we haven't heard or seen just about anything. We don't know what you know, because nobody here has addressed it in over a year. 

If they plan on adding some of these features or are working on them, why not say that? If there are 8-10 posts a day that are all saying the same thing shouldn't it be addressed?

A lot of games have come and gone while their fanbase waits around. Saying to wait for a patch or a response is something we have been doing and we haven't gotten anything.

Edit: Sorry, just saw new 1.13.5 patch notes. New login rewards, new champions, and some AI fixes. I understand that new Champions and gear is the way to generate money but someone at Plarium has to realize that these are only immediate gains and not long-term gains.

Mar 10, 2020, 08:3203/10/20
02/13/19

1337bobbarker said:

Valdys said:

1337bobbarker said:

Valdys said:

To counter your point, we know what's coming in the next patch: stuff for Platinum arena. That's it. We haven't been told they're working on anything else that addresses any of these concerns. In fact, since Dracogate we haven't heard or seen just about anything. We don't know what you know, because nobody here has addressed it in over a year. 

If they plan on adding some of these features or are working on them, why not say that? If there are 8-10 posts a day that are all saying the same thing shouldn't it be addressed?

A lot of games have come and gone while their fanbase waits around. Saying to wait for a patch or a response is something we have been doing and we haven't gotten anything.

Edit: Sorry, just saw new 1.13.5 patch notes. New login rewards, new champions, and some AI fixes. I understand that new Champions and gear is the way to generate money but someone at Plarium has to realize that these are only immediate gains and not long-term gains.

If you see other threads here with other mods' replies, then it means we already know about it and cms too.

You said Plarium hasn't announced it yet and it's the exact thing I said in my reply. I also said you should wait their official announcement.