All Categories

Attention Experts

Attention Experts

Search
Mar 6, 2020, 21:3603/06/20
12/19/19

Attention Experts

Valdys, PlayerJ, Daering and other veterans,

I ask you for some direction. I'll summarize the state of my progress below and put screenshot in reply.

Day 78/79

Silver: 9,600K

Gems: 269

Challenges: 2 Arena left (3 Level 5 GH, Gold Tier for 2 periods)

Missions: 210/286 59/75 for part 3. Should cruise to Relickeeper fusion soon. Have one GH at 6, one at 5.

Dungeon Progress Completed (15 all Keeps I think, Min 15 on auto, IG 18, Dragon 18 manaual, Spider 10, FK 13)

Arena: Gold 1, dropped to silver for current event. Hoping to get max rewards. Team is Gorg/Skull/Zelotah/Elhain (my team is just too slow I think)

CB: 6.5M - 8M per key on Brutal. OB/Skull (mastered)/Apo/Zelotah/Gorg. I'm obviously just trying to speed up and get us much poioson as I can and heal/shield. Guessing I need ATK Debuff and DEF Buff mixed in somehow.

Primary Champs (gear is almost all 16+, save accessories which are minimal at this point -- I just need new gear pretty much everywhere):

60 Skullcrusker (Mastered/Booked, HP=46k DEF=2315, SPD=22, ACC=32)

60 Zelotah (Booked, HP=72k, ATK=1800,DEF=1800, SPD=150, ACC=65)

60 Occ Brawler (Booked, HP=37k, ATK=2100, DEF=1800, SPD=172, ACC=223)

60 Gorgorab (Need books, HP=40k, DEF=1800, SPD=168, ACC=95)

60 Apothecary (Booked, HP=36.5k, DEF=1500, SPD=208, CR=94%)

60 Elhain (Booked, HP=36k, ATK=3200, DEF=1550, SPD=123, CR=56%, CD=87%) - Need gear upgrade bad. Lifesteal/ATK now

50 FellHound (Booked, Use reflect damage on FK and AOE for Spider)

50 Doompriest (Mastered, no books yet, HP=32K DEF=1440, SPD=197) I used gems to master because I was about to 6* (food is ready to go), having second thoughts.

Other 50s considering for 6* (Grizzled Jarl, Crimson Helm, Fellhound)

50s not in running (Adriel, Shaman, Whisper)

New Epics I think are good but not even leveled to 40 (Reinbeast, Alure)

Other 40s gathering dust (Jizoh, Seeker, Hordin, Valla, High Khatun, Yaga) 

So I know CB needs to be my top priority, then Arena. Then worry about FK/Spider. Was hoping Doomspriest would be the right choice because she is much easier to book. But now I don't see how the synergy works anywhere, ugh.

I'm guessing Jarl? But damn I'm going to need alot of books. I can do one 60 now. Have double XP for about a week, so probably another then. After that it may be a while. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Trips

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 6, 2020, 21:4403/06/20
12/19/19
Mar 7, 2020, 15:0203/07/20
08/26/19

Hehehe, expert you say!  No, I'm no expert in any way, it just happens I go through the forum often and write here and there and that makes you think I'm an expert. But, no, I'm not, I'm just a guy with opinion and some free time, heheh, a very dangerous combination, as some would say. :)

But since you have taken so much time and effort to collect and present the above info, I will share with you what I think about a few issues I notice. Please take it not as an expert opinion, but as a subjective assessment based on my experience.

First, the fact that I see Armiger in your Vault  tells me that you have a good idea of ​​the game as a whole, so I'll try not to summarize and talk about basics, but to be as specific as possible. And as you already notice, my English is not perfect at all so don't pay attention to spelling and grammar please.

First of all, I see some good pulls and possibilities. You mentioned most of the champions that deserve attention at the stage you are now ad I will add some more. Grizzled Jarl, Crimson Helm, Whisper, Apo, Gorgo, Zelotah, Osccult Brawler, Alure, High Khatun, Doompriest, Scullcrusher, Coffin Smasher, Walla, Warmajden, Fleshmonger, Seducer are all champions that are or can be part of your progress.

[] Okay, Clan Boss.

According to the group you are using, you do not fit in either the speed or the CA composition. Speed ​​Comps is when you try to do maximum damage by making as many turns as you can before Boss wipe your team. Your best bet for speed comp according to the available champions is High Khatun as leader (speed aura, turn meter boost), Occult Browler (main poisoner / damage dealer), Whisper (damage dealer / extra turn / Weaken), Coffin Smasher (Decrease Attack / HP Burn / passive) and some support for sustainability (Apo, Doompriest, Zelotah which gives you the best result). You still lack Decrease Defense but if you use that as basic comp you can optimize that team with better version of those champs in future.

BUT... you have Skullcrusher, so you don't need to go speed road. You have to have a completely different approach here - not just trying to be as fast as possible and make maximum poison damage, as you say, but to have the right speed and right turn order. This is more difficult to achieve since for best result you have to remove any mastery that mess with turn meter (but...this may affect your Dungeon performance and you probably already have those) and have your champs in specific speed and turn order, which means a lot of silver and access to lots and good gear to experiment with while setting the right speeds.

BUT... since you have Skullckusher, so you best approach to CB at this stage is still CA one, even without all those fine tuning. Your best champs (those you have) for CA team are Scullcrusher (CA obviously), Occult Browler (main poisoner / damage dealer), Whisper (damage dealer / extra turn / Weaken), Coffin Smasher (Decrease Attack / HP Burn / passive), some support for heal/shield like Apo, Zelotah, Adriel  or whatever champ you have now and give you best result. Just make sure your team have good defense so you can endure more turn. That is really the very basic explanation, but no point to go in details.

[] Аbout your stats and equipment

As I mentioned defense - man, you need to take look at your defense stat. Only time you want that low defense is when you build total glass cannon like Skullcrown type champ. I understand there is a different between 3 and 7 months account, so I do not consider the numbers themselves, but I am talking about the principle and the ratio between stats.

Lets take for example your Zelotah - that guy sure benefits from a lot of HP, yes, you want him to throw a big shield, which depends on how much max HP he has, but giving him so low defense make him way too vulnerable for support character. If i were you, I will be more than happy to substitute 10k HP or even more for 1k defense on him any day without even thinking. 10k less HP on him means 2k less shield overall, which is not a big deal, but 1k extra defense is huge.

Also, if I were you, i will be more than happy to substitute any c.rate for extra speed and defense on your Apothecary. At this stage you probably hit 94% c.rate with c. rate % gloves. If that's true (correct me if I'm wrong), then don't hesitate to replace those with def.% gloves. Don't hesitate in a second. Later in the game you can get better equipment that can give you speed, def, hp and c.rate as bonus substat, but you start to aim for c.rate on him only when you obtain some decent speed, defense and hp. He may pull some extra regular heals *aside from those buff and turn meter boost) if he is fast enough and live longer, but he can't crit heal when he is dead, even with 100% c. rate. That's the main reason behind that approach and my personal and subjective advise here.

I don't have Occult Brawler, but judging by his kit description and some personal experience if I will get him I will go similar path. His main source of damage are poisons and Warmaster, when fully mastered, like your OB are. Neither poison or WM are affected by his attack, so stacking attack on him will eventually boost his overall damage so little at the cost of other more important stats like speed/acc/def/hp.You already hit some really good accuracy on him, so don't bother with his atk stat and start to focus just on speed, defense and HP, even if that means lowering down his attack. Faster, defense oriented OB will be my choice for building him and I'm sure he will outperform any attack oriented build. As I mentioned, i don't have him and can't speak from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this one. Still, I'm open for  correction from someone with more experience with him.

Ahhh, Elhain! We both looked at these four champs at the beginning and chose a beautiful elf with a bow, eh? I understand you, brother. :) But this beauty is very picky when it comes to her stats. She definitely wants that 100% c rate no mater what and will not take "no" for an answer. You have to give her what she wants. Give her 100% c. rate, man! She will love you for that. She will start to perform way better, then she will never miss hes extra hit on A1. Don't rely on hes Lightning Strike to keep her on 100% rate with that buff, you can't count on that. Try to hit that 100% c. rate mark and then start to work on hes attack and c. damage. She is not an endgame champ (just don't let her see that, it is between us) but judging by your available champions she is still your main source of raw damage and you still can't replace her. But when it comes to raw damage, she will can pull some good numbers, she has good modifiers to back up for hes lack of utilities. And again - 100% c. rate, mate!

[] Сome thoughts on the different champions you have

Doompriest was that champ, aside from Skullcrown, that totally changed my early/mid progression. She needs just one book, can work well at 5/50 and is one of my all time favorite champions because of the fact how impactful she was for my early progression. If you hadn't completely mastered her, I would have advised you not to rush her to 6th rank, but now you will miss hes T6 (which, depending on where and how you use it, may not be as important as of most other champions). Still, as much as I love her, at this point you need more damage/utility to progress Spider/FK (and if you need hes heal and passive somewhere, she will still can work fine at 5/50 if you build her speed/tank oriented.

Alure - this pretty red skimpy dressed girl begs for your attention. I was stuck at FK 13 for long, long time, progressing everywhere else having enough damage to bring that bad guy down in a couple o turns and totally lacking any suitable way to take down his shield.Then i pull her and I decided to invest in her because FК was completely blocking my progress and there was no other options for me beside more waiting. I made her 5 rank and somewhere around middle of her way to level up i was tempted to test her. Boy, she outperfom all my expectations. She just jump me from 13 to 17 stage in a couple of days. Now she is 6/50, fully mastered and I love her (i mean i love what she did for me...eerrr... nevermind, its not how It looks like) :) She can pull some really serious damage when is properly equipped, obviously her modifiers are something that is worth mentioning, but the damage itself is not what you seek for her (but again, her raw damage impress me when i start to use her fully mastered and equipped) She doesn't need any books, only thing that she needs is 100% c. rate, speed and good accuracy. Fast enough, so ones you lowered FK shield, with good speed and accuracy she will keep it lowered forever with hes A1. No need to worry for block heal debuff also. he just stays there with lowered shield till you kill him One thing worth to mentioned is her AI is pretty good, on FK she will use hes A1 over A2 and A3 even if they are off cooldown and ready, thus making her not total pain in the ass on auto there (yeah, I'm looking at you, Harvest Jack!). Also she is usable against Golem - that turn meter often helps me to prevent minions from making their turn. Overal she is champion that need to be considered as possible option for future investment.

Boy, I will stop here, because this wall of text is starting to look menacingly large in my eyes. No one will want to read something that long :)

Mar 7, 2020, 17:4403/07/20
12/19/19

Thank you Daering! Lots of great stuff for me to absorb.

1)CB

I see I have a problem where I am trying to mix speed with counterattack... not good synergy there. I think you are correct that CA is where to go. Obviously Brawler and Skullcrusher. I think I need Zelotah for shield/heal. Based on my current roster, I may not currently have an "end-game" CB team which is ok because I don't have masteries yet or lifesteal gear on anyone but Elhain (who won't be on CB team lol). Doompriest would be a good choice to add for passive (heal/remove debuff) but since Skull is targeted with stun I don't need the remove debuff. I also don't want a poison removed from Brawler because I need it to gain extra turn on his A2. This is what I didn't look ahead and see with Doom, ugh...800 gems (Maybe I can do arena defense with Doom/Skull/Zelotah/????). Since I won't have Masteries & Lifesteal gear for a full CB team anytime soon, I'm thinking of a temporary team that I can increase my current damage on brutal and then next level (need new clan as Brutal is highest we can attack). So I'm guessing with those 3 I need to focus on ATK down and DEF up. Maybe Coffinsmasher is next on my list, wow didn't see that coming.

What about Skull, OB, Zelotah, Coffin, Jarl (need lots of books but I don't have other increase defense options)? Or will whisper give me more upside on attack then Jarl on defense. Not sure if testing at 50 before ranking up will be applicable. Shit, I'd need to work on Coffin first anyways. Damn, I'm screwed for a while. LOL.

2) Stats/Equipment: Very limited gear inventory currently. Need to hit Golem/Dragon for better gear but have double XP for another 6/7 days so that will have to wait. My primary stats on gear are mostly good, substats not so much. I do see my overall DEF problem on all except Skullcrusher.

> Zelotah: Gotcha on DEF. Does subbing in +500 DEF for -10k HP make sense, I can swap DEF% for HP% on gloves (will cost me a few million silver to get the +16)? That's what I'm looking at. I'll also look for more DEF% in substats as I upgrade his gear.

> Apo: Yes, CR gloves. Gear is subpar clearly, all speed sets +16. 5* except 4* HP% chestplate (no good replacement). 5* Epic CR Gaunt+16 (bad substats). Have rare 6* +8 DEF% guants:flat DEF 18,Attack(2) 19%. These would be great if the attack substat was something else. But I guess I should switch these in and boost to 16+ now.

> Elhain: Dirty Sexy :). Currently Lifesteal/Divine Offense. Need to up CR/CD and ATK. Gloves are 4* HP%. If I'm not going to use for CB, should I not use Lifesteal or do I need LS for dungeons. Figure I'll still use Elhain for FK/Spider and maybe Arena.

> Doompriest: Does just not currently help me I don't think. Passive in arena would be good though. Would like to make something wotk since I sunk the 800 gems already.

> Alure: Looks like I need to start leveling her and see what artifacts I have available as she is naked, mmm.

3) Thoughts on Reinbeast? Would arena team of Skull, Reinbeast, Zelotah, Doom be good

4) Getting Arbiter from Missions. I should be able to cruise through Relickeeper (will I use him anywhere? Arena?) in a few days. Any guess on how long it will take to get to Arbiter? 1 month,2 months, more?

Note: I have 15 Rare books, 4 Epic, 7 Legendary(9 very soon, enough to fully book arbiter!)

Shards: 6 blue, 4 purple, 3 gold

Not sure where I am at now with who to 6*... LOL. Guessing will have enough food for 2 in a few days. I really want to do Alure now, hope Elhain isn't jealous. 

Mar 7, 2020, 20:3103/07/20
08/26/19

I don't want to discourage you, but you are months away from the Arbiter, so it should not be a factor in your current decisions. My experience can't be a benchmark, but in my main account I got to my last mission before Arbiter sometime at the end of the sixth month and I've been on the same mission for a month now, lol. That "auto" part kills me. :) My second account, started a month later and in which I made a lot less mistakes, will soon catch up with the first one, but as of right now I see a few walls that will block my path much earlier than Spider 20 auto, so maybe it will take more than 6 months. Different accounts face different problems along the path to Arbiter and that may speed up pr slow down time to get her. My point is - you may be get her earlier, but she is still months away from you, so don't make today's decisions based on her.

I didn't mentioned Rainbeast, I don't think he is worth 6 star investment. Maybe somewhere early in the game he may be used as some kind of troll in bronze or low silver, but middle to late game? No. Same thing apply for Relic Keeper. Fuse him and trow him in Vault. If i have to chose, i will go for Hordin instead, if strong single target is what i need.

Next thing i will consider is to start building masteries on my key champions. That will take time and energy, but once you get your core team fully mastered, your progresses will be noticeable and that will help you hit higher dungeon stages, do more CB damage, better win ratio on Arena.

Mar 7, 2020, 20:4603/07/20
Mar 7, 2020, 21:00(edited)
12/19/19

Interesting your take on Reinbeast, looks great for Arena defense at least. I hear you on the masteries, wish I didn't waste on doompriest. Skull is mastered and others are into t4, it will be slow grind. I'll try to make sure my next are used on a CB core member. I'll do mino whenever I don't have 2xp running. 

Eta: should I swap out lifesteal on elhain until i need for higher dungeons like spider? 
Mar 8, 2020, 02:0903/08/20
Mar 8, 2020, 02:25(edited)
05/13/19

The way I do things are a little different vs. most people. 

I like observing different team compositions. 

I look at different Clan Boss teams which have been used from a wide range of people. 

I go through each team - I look at each hero in the team to see what skills they do. 

The reason I do all of this stuff is so I can create a list. 

The list I created is based on skills which I see people using in there Clan Boss team. 

After doing dozens upon dozens of comparisons, You will begin to see certain skills rise to the top. 

Players using certain skills will start doing higher Damage amounts vs. other skills in CB. 

The reason I have done this method is because I started playing Raid when it was still a young game. 

The game has no youtube creators. 

The game had no one who could help you. 

You go to Reddit or Discord - most people didn't know what to do, either. 

The only information you had was a screen shot. 

Players would post a screen shot saying - Hey, look at the damage I did to CB. 

We would ask them how on earth they would do so much damage. 

They would respond with "I don't know. I got lucky". lol 

It was difficult asking for help because most people were beginners. 

Thus, I tried to improve myself by looking at the heroes in each team composition. 

This is more or less how my below list got created. 

Critical Skills for Clan Boss  

1. Decrease Attack  

2. Decrease Defense  

3. Weaken  

4. Poison / HP Burn  

5. Speed Lapping / Speed Tuning  

Bonus Skills for Clan Boss  

6. Healer  

7. Shielder  

8. Debuff Extender  

9. Increase Defense  

10. Cleanse / Block Debuffs  

11. Ally Protection  

The above list is based on a Speed Team or Counter Attack Team set up for Clan Boss. 

Obviously, My list is ever changing & adapting. 

• New strategies come out 
  • New set ups  
  • New heroes come out 

The Unkillable team is now a valid Clan Boss set up. 

Players didn't know if it would remain viable after the nerf. 

Most people still say it is viable. 

It is a completely different set up entirely to what I am showing. 

The Revive on Death set up is a new set up for Clan Boss. 

Players have been making that set up work for Clan Boss. 

It is a completely different set up entirely to what I am showing. 

Now that I have explained all of this to you. 

I will show you how my list works. 

I will show you how it can help you do more damage. 

Critical Skills for Clan Boss

1. Decrease Attack  --------------------------------------> Coffin Smasher - Crimson helm - Grizzled Jarl 

2. Decrease Defense  -----------------------------------> War maiden - Valla - Fleshmonger 

3. Weaken  -------------------------------------------------> Whisper - Athel  

4. Poison / HP Burn  -------------------------------------> Occult Brawler (Don't need anymore poison with him) 

5. Speed Lapping / Speed Tuning  -------------------> Apothecary (Speed Lapping) - Skullcrusher (Speed Tuning) 

We Skip the Bonus Skills for Now - We Focus on the Main Skills First 

The above list is the critical skills we want in the Clan Boss. 

I have gone through your Rooster - I have tried to write down all the heroes you own who can do these certain skills. 

Out of the heroes you own, I am liking the following heroes: 

• Coffin Smasher

Coffin Smasher has Decrease Attack on his A1 which is 3 hits. 

Each hit gives Coffin Smasher a chance to place the Debuff which is sweet. 

The skill never goes on a cool down (Since, it on default skill) 

Coffin Smasher has a high chance of keeping the debuff on the CB compared to other 2. 

• War Maiden

Compared to other heroes who can do Decrease Defense. 

Warmaiden has the highest chance percentage. 

• Weaken

You only have 2 Hero options to do Weaken from what I saw. 

I decided not to use either of them. 

The reason why I'm not a fan of them is because they have skills which can give them extra turns. 

I want to use Skullcrusher in your set up because you own a Counter Attacking Champion. 

Team Counter Attacking Champions are great! 

They put a Counter Attacking Buff on your allies for 2 turns. 

The important thing to remember is when your using a Counter Attacking buff. 

You want to try and get the full benefit from the buff. 

If your heroes move 3 times in a row before the Clan Boss moves, Your CA Buff will fall off. 

So you want to build your team with a controlled speed which we call Speed Tuning. 

If you didn't have a Counter Attacking Champion, I would use a Speed Merchant (Apothecary). 

I think Whisper or Athel would be great for Apothecary teams because those teams try to do a lot of turns. 

• Occult Brawler

There isn't much to say about this hero.

OB is an Insane Poison Hero

• Skull Crusher

You have the option to make a Speed Set up with Apothecary.

You have the option to make a Counter Attack Set up with Skull Crusher.

They both are amazing heroes.

Teams can be designed around both of these 2 heroes.

Teams created from these 2 heroes can do a lot of damage on the Clan Boss.

It has been proven.

Normally, I like to lean towards the Counter Attacking Champion if you have the option.

The reason why is because Apothecary is amazing in Dungeons.

So we have gone through the list.

We talked about each hero.

We talked about why we will use them or why we will not use them.

BUT WE FIND OURSELF IN A SITUATION!

We only have 4 heroes.

We can have 5 heroes in Clan Boss.

So who do we add as our 5th?

This is where the Bonus Skill for Clan Boss List comes into play!

We basically go 1 step first down our list.

Bonus Skills for Clan Boss

6. Healer ----------------------------> Zelotah - Doompriest - Gorgorab - Apothecary

7. Shielder <-------------------------- Zelotah does this as a side effect  

8. Debuff Extender   

9. Increase Defense   

10. Cleanse / Block Debuffs <--- Doompriest does this as a side effect  

11. Ally Protection <---------------- Skullcrusher does this part of his skill kit 

We have 4 different healers here.

Gorgorab & Apothecary - I don't like them.

The reason why is because they do Turn Meter Filling which will mess up Skullcrusher.

We don't want our team to gain turn meter because it can throw off our CA Buff.

So the choice is between Zelotah or Doompriest.

Both are amazing heroes - They are just awesome!

How do we decide which one to pick?

We look at the other utility they bring to our set up.

Zelotah offers Heals + Shields

Doompriest offers Heals + Cleansing Debuffs

Both of these heroes offer 2 extra useful effects.

So they are even again! 

How do we decide which one to pick? 

We look at the ranking of each of the Utilities.

I rank Shields at 7th.

I rank Cleansing Debuffs at 10th

Why? Because Shields can go on all heroes (Keeping all heroes alive longer) 

The Cleanse is only effecting 1 hero (The hero getting Stunned by CB Slam)

Thus, Zelotah is the hero I would use as your 5th.

Clan Boss Team:

• Coffin Smasher
  • War Maiden
  • Occult Brawler
  • Skullcrusher
  • Zelotah

Mar 8, 2020, 02:2403/08/20
02/13/19

Hi,

Thanks for asking my help!

I think the right order is: campaign > dungeons > clan boss > arena > faction wars.

1) Your farmer is Elhain atm, right? I don't see better farmers, so it's ok, let's wait for a Skullcrown or something like that.

2) Which dungeon stages do you farm? As you already know, gear is the most important thing in Raid, so you need to farm and farm week after week for better gear. You should always farm the last stages.

3) Clan boss: Crimson Helm, Grizzled Jarl, Skullcrusher, Occult Brawler and Elhain. You'll replace Elhain with Rhazin and Crimson Helm with a better champion with atk down on his a1.

4) Arena: Gorgorab, Apothecary, Warmaiden and Elhain. Really speed team.

5) Faction wars is the last point because you have to be nearly endgame...

Mar 8, 2020, 04:3103/08/20
12/19/19

Thx playerJ and Valdys for feedback.

Lots of different routes to go for CB. I'm going to analyze further. 

1) elhain is sufficient farmer, not fastest but as f2p cant afford to 60 another just to expedite this

2)gear is a weakness. I  need to spend more time in dungeons. I can beat golem 18 and dragon 18 manual but it is slow. Brawler and sustain is my route here, so it is slow. Spider, I struggle big time. FK would be improved with alure I think. 

3) lacking lifesteal gear and masteries is an issue I need to address

4) arena is gorg, zelotah, skull, elhain now. Not ideal 

5) FW not a concern
Mar 8, 2020, 04:5103/08/20
02/13/19
Trips said:

Thx playerJ and Valdys for feedback.

Lots of different routes to go for CB. I'm going to analyze further. 

1) elhain is sufficient farmer, not fastest but as f2p cant afford to 60 another just to expedite this

2)gear is a weakness. I  need to spend more time in dungeons. I can beat golem 18 and dragon 18 manual but it is slow. Brawler and sustain is my route here, so it is slow. Spider, I struggle big time. FK would be improved with alure I think. 

3) lacking lifesteal gear and masteries is an issue I need to address

4) arena is gorg, zelotah, skull, elhain now. Not ideal 

5) FW not a concern
Yeah, you need to focus on the dungeons and wait for better champions.
Mar 8, 2020, 06:3803/08/20
05/20/19

This is the kind of thread I feel this forum needs more of.  Way too many guides focus on getting the right champions.  

That's not what this game should be about.  It should be about how to make use of what you have.

I want to hear about abilities which synergize.  I want to hear about when and how to use your champions intelligently.

Let's face it.  Raid: Shadow Legends is going to continue to grow and there will be more and more champions added to the game.  The odds of getting a specific champion will drop.  Meanwhile, there will be more variety in the champions players possess.

I feel this is for the good of the game.  But, as the game expands, players will have to adapt.   Instead of whining  complaining they didn't get an overpowered S ranked legendary, they should look at their new champions and begin thinking how they may use them in the various places of R:SL.

Mar 8, 2020, 10:1103/08/20
Mar 8, 2020, 18:13(edited)
08/26/19

Trips said:

Eta: should I swap out lifesteal on elhain until i need for higher dungeons like spider? 

It pretty much depends on what LS set you have and what end stats you can achieve.The LS set itself doesn't do much work if you don't get the stats you need for the character.

My personal approach to equipment is the following - priority is given to the stats that are critical to the performance of the champion, depending on his or her kit and role in team and then to stats as a whole - what overall numbers I am aiming for (certain speed, acc, res, CR etc.) Then, if there is a certain set that can compliment and expand their kit and I still can get those numbers I aiming for, then good, I will use it. If that set can't give me that critical stats I need, then most probably I will skip it until i can get good enough set.

Let me give you an example with my second account Arena team. What we've pulled over the months of the gameplay determines our way of playing, so my best approach to the arena is totally different than on my main acount. My best bet there still remains High Khatun (a new addition, replace Apo for extra speed aura), Umbral Enchantress (two turns provoke + unkillable), Skartorsis (cr+atk buff, overall good tank, dmg and utilities) and Souldrinker (high dmg and bombs).

First think - no matter how fast HK is her buff and turn metter itself can't do magic and pull all other to go first. They still need some speed threshold. My aim here is at least or close to 200 speed to other three champs. It is still low, but above that I had to sacrifice other important stats, so atleast 200 speed is middle ground.

High Khatun need to be fast. That's all. I'm willing to sacrifice almost all other stats to get her in desired speed. Then I will prioritize defense, acc and hp in that order. There is no suitable set for her, I can't afford to sacrifice any speed set bonus for no matter what utilities.

Scartorsis gives me 30% CR and 50% ATK buff, can clean all debuff and heal my team on second turn and hes A1 is AoE with chance to steal buff. Very good overall base stats, can be very tanky and often is my last man standing and one man army. The way battles usually plays tells me i need him to have good overall stats and survivability - good defense and hp, any extra damage or acc is nice. I have good provoke set, that fits hes role, kit and needed stats for extra CC on later stage of the battle, if things start to get serious.

Umbral Enchantress is just one big troll champion. She's only there because of her A3 and that's all I want and expect from her - to go right after High Khatun, to throw Provoke for two turns and thats all. After that two turns she is usually still main target because of his low HP and that gives me some extra turn advantage. Real hero, useful even on the verge of death! I know she can hit really hard even on 5/50, i ran some tests and her abilities can hit really hard if she is properly equipped, but i don't need his damage. I dont even need her 6/60 to be useful in Gold 4, so she stays there 5/50, with almost no other stats beside speed, acc and resistance - 18k hp and 1,4k defense are more like insult to enemy than threat. But she is real mvp in this environment.

What i need from her is to place provoke for two turns. So, speed first, then stack accuracy as much i can squeeze from my equipment, then as much resistance as I can get, so she can resist those champ, that have steal/remove buff build in their A1. That's all. Frost set is good addition to extend and compliment her kit, but that is on low priority here, but since I have some good Frost set pieces, that can give me those needed stats (she still has too little resistance than I would like, but, hey, we can have all, right) i give her frost sets to. But stats first, then comes set.

Souldrinker is one bad mother@r. I used him long before they buffed him a little, though with a pretty variable result, but now he has become a real killing machine. I know people didn't like him much and there is a valid reasons for that, as he need to be in right composition to shine and most people just want their cmampions to be good no matter what and where. Souldrinker is not that kind of champion. You can block his bombs, you can dispel his bombs and that will make him just regular damage dealer, noting more. But that's why I put him and Umbral together - two turn provoke is all he needs to shine.

He is my main damage dealer here. Hes first hit from A3 is AoE that hit two time and sometime he just oneshot some of the enemy, that are not well prepared. Hes other skills hit hard too, especially A1 (according to some users test hes A1 have multiplier of 7,4 (9.6 fully maxed 6/60) which you can't see often on champions basic attack). Overall pretty solid damage dealer. But beware, he has bombs attached to his body and he will not hesitate to use them! Bomds scale with the attack, ignore enemy defense and since no other of my champions can do any meaningful damage, Souldrinker has to do that job by himself alone.

After hitting speed mark, go full attack on him, Anything with atk% is priority, then acc to actually land those bombs and then any CR and CD is nice. Since Scartorsis gives me 30% CR buff at the beggining of the battle I don't need to stack CR for Souldrinker, so 60%+ is easy achievable. Extra ATK buff from Scartorsis further extend bombs damage, so the math here is this: after two turns each bomb (two for each enemy) will explode for 2x28+k damage, ignoring any defense, just pure damage. Not bad. Hes A1 and A2 can reduce duration of bombs and they can explore earlier, Much better. Sometime i switch Umbral for Draco, when see i dont need Umbral's Provoke and after Draco's debuf and Scartorsis buff, bomds explode for 2x32+k. Even better.

On top of that when he dies, he puts two additional bombs on enemy for two turns, though for less damage each. That is when Scartorsis overall endurance, tankiness and additional CC comes to play. When things got bad for my team, he is usually the man that has to finish the job. Not always, but most of the time he does finish it.

There was a time when I used a Retaliation sen on Souldrinker to further reduce bomb duration upon triggering CA, but I faced some bugs when i tested that build: CA do lower bombs duration, but when they explode, they don't do any damage. I do report that in a proper way and you can guess  what happen - yeah, that's right, nothing happens.

The final result of this champions combination and real team work is shown on that screenshot below of which i have plenty and i collect for my clan buddy with whom we have some sort of competition :). This team helps me land earlier and stay in Gold 4 with reasonable win rate. I still lose 3/4 of my defense battles (but that's OK, i need to be in lower end of Gold 4 for more efficient medal farming ratio), I still have to pick battles and cant afford to be carreless about that, I still can easy be beaten by faster team, if some enemy overcome Umbral's resistance and steal/remove Unkillable buff then im in trouble, Tormin is pretty much my hard counter too. So... not OP team in any means, just the suitable champs from my poll that can work well together. This also can be used as an example of that you don't need four God Tier Legos to be successful, thou it is way much harder this way. Btw, that shot is old, at that time i don't have any aura, not just speed aura. Now I have High Khatun replaced Apo and things get easier more or less. 

The main reason behind all those writings is to point the way I manage my gear - stats over sets. As for your Elhain, you are maybe the only person who can correctly judge when and what set to use. I suppose this LS set originally helped you get over Brutal 3 stars and now it helps you fаrm Brutal 12. The weak point of LS set is that if its not good enough he can't do the job - you can't do good damage, can't crit often, if you crit you can't do for good crit damage, so overall you will go less damage, have longer battle, will get less health with every hit and that will reduce LS set usefulness and the main reason you use it.

My humble advise is to get rid of your LS set for now and focus on basic sets, which will give Elaine straight bonuses. Focus on her stats and try to  achieve certain speed (not really important if she is just farmer, but important everywhere else), 100% crit rate, try to double her attack and then go crt. damage. Then try to boost atk and crt damage more on less simultaneously.  Any defense and HP you put on her is important too. She doesn't need any accuracy, she is not that difficult to build.

You will eventually replace her, but for now she is main source of raw damage and you must make sure he do the job well - the only reason you get her in game content with other champions (beside the fact that she is elf with a bow:) is that she brings row damage to tour party. Make sure she can do that well and then other will make sure she stays alive.

Mar 8, 2020, 14:2503/08/20
Mar 8, 2020, 23:23(edited)
05/13/19

For Arena, I would use the following list.

CLASSICAL ARENA NUKE SET UP 

Leader: Speed Aura --------------------------------------------------------------------------> Gorgorab 23%

1st move: Turn Meter Filler 15% + Speed Buff 30% ---------------------------------> High Khatun

2nd move: Turn Meter Filler 15% + Increase Attack 50% --------------------------> Gorgorab

3rd move: Decrease Enemy Defense 60% [Damage Scales Off Attack] -------> War Maiden

4th move: AOE Damage Dealing [Damage Scales Off Attack] --------------------> Elhain

High Khatun ---> 6 Speed Gear - Speed Substats - All Speed, All the Time

You want her to be extremely fast.

Gorgorab -------> 4 Speed Gear - 2 Immortal/Defense/Health Gear - Speed Substats

You want him to be mildly fast, but mostly tanky.

War Maiden ---> 2 Speed Gear - 2 ACC - 2 Cruel/Offense

You want her to be accurate with her debuff, but mostly hit like a freight train.

Elhain -----------> Mixture Cruel/Offense/Critical Rate/Critical Damage

You want her to destroy people - Use your best Damage Gear Pieces

Team Strategy:

• You go First
  • You hit Hard
  • You win!

If enemy doesn't die from your hit, You Lose.

If enemy goes first before you, You Lose.

The Set up is Simple & Effective.

You kill them or they kill you.

Mar 8, 2020, 18:1803/08/20
08/26/19

there is a small typo. High Khatun gives only a 15% turn meter boost.

Mar 8, 2020, 23:1903/08/20
Mar 8, 2020, 23:21(edited)
05/13/19

Daering said:

there is a small typo. High Khatun gives only a 15% turn meter boost.

It wasn't a typo - I saying 30% because High Khatun & Gorgorab together will do 30% turn meter boost together.

I had it wrote down as:

• Turn Meter 30% + Speed Buff 30%
  • Increase Attack 50%

However, I decided to change it to 15% individually so that people don't get confused.

• Turn Meter 15% + Speed Buff 30% 
  • Turn Meter 15% + Increase Attack 50%
Mar 9, 2020, 00:4903/09/20
Mar 9, 2020, 00:50(edited)
08/26/19

I understand that it's more of a concept presentation, but things don't always happen in an ideal way and order. The 2 x 15% = 30% turn meter in theory does not always mean 30% in real gameplay. They are just eventually 15% and eventually another 15% turn meter.

Mar 9, 2020, 02:1103/09/20
12/19/19

So I would use Apo (already 60) and 208 speed instead of khatun. 

On another note, I tweaked sexy Elhain. Still lifesteal but got CR at 101% boosted CD to 96%. Still need some improvements. Will hit gear dungeons once my double xp expires. Farming until then.

I'm in gold 2 using gorg, zelotah, elhain, skull. I'll be content in low gold until I get better gear / new champs.
Mar 9, 2020, 04:2903/09/20
Mar 9, 2020, 04:30(edited)
05/13/19

Trips said:

So I would use Apo (already 60) and 208 speed instead of khatun. 

On another note, I tweaked sexy Elhain. Still lifesteal but got CR at 101% boosted CD to 96%. Still need some improvements. Will hit gear dungeons once my double xp expires. Farming until then.

I'm in gold 2 using gorg, zelotah, elhain, skull. I'll be content in low gold until I get better gear / new champs.

Using Apothecary instead of High Khatun is fine - I like using High Khatun in Arena because of her A3.

1 thing to keep in mind - Elhain isn't going to be good on your Arena set up because She is Attacked Type.

The team you have is slow which isn't a bad thing if you are building a Tanky set up.

The issue is your Elhain will not survive enemy initial nuke.

For your set up to be good, you need a Defensive Damage Dealer - A hero who can scale damage based on Defense 

A Defensive based hero can help you survive a hit + do a big hit of there own.

If you want Elhain to be your damage dealer, You need to run her in a Speed Composition like Me or Valdy have been recommending. 
Mar 9, 2020, 05:3903/09/20
08/26/19
Trips said:

I am sure you can see the differents between old and new Elhain, right?  "One little step for player, giant leap for his champ. " Or maybe I didn't get the quote right. 😂
Mar 9, 2020, 14:3703/09/20
12/19/19

Daering- I do see the difference already. 

PlayerJ- Yes, Elhain isn't ideal for this slow CA team. But has been working ok. If she gets nuked in round 1. Gorg revives her and I can still win battle. But I agree a defense champ (reinbeast, Jarl, crimson helm) might be a better setup especially for defense if I can get the speed and AI to work.
Mar 9, 2020, 15:5703/09/20
02/20/20
My advice: don't waste time with intermediate non-A/S level champions. Go for stuff that will carry you deep into late game. Because getting something to 60 and booking is just as costly later on (it never gets easier --- books actually become rarer, as there are no missions left).....

Arbiter is clearly a good goal to aim for, s-tier speedy healer.

Therefore, you should prepare for your hardest challenge in the missions. Let me tell you, you haven't started the missions yet - compared to the ones coming for you. The missions have 10% super hard (randomly inserted as gear checks).

For me the most time consuming and hardest missions are:

1. Upgrade Great Hall all the way up to 10. This is a show stopped for Arbiter if you don't master Gold II/III on farming level. You need a very strong setup at the current meta, because [rare] speed + nukes won't cut it much after Gold I/II. You can't just wait for easy kills (1 lvl 1 champs hoping to drop ratings or hand around auto-refresh between rating tier boundaries) -- this won't get you the ~4000 gold medals needed. You need either a tank defence team to counter the speed meta, or a superior epic/legendary speed + nuke team. 

2. Spider Auto 17+20. This is hard just to get to 20, let alone auto kill reliably (50% plus). For me, the easiest key here is to have a stable negative-affinity tank (preferably defence based), because there are quite a few. Alternative of having cold heart or royal guard is much rarer.  [HP Burner Helps!!!] 

Other tips:

- Upgrade defence first and attack last in great hall, because every champ needs defence, and most best champs are not attack based.

- Save shards for 2x events

- Don't 60 champions unless they are really good. Going 60 turns out to be just as painful for late game as early game (no quick way)

P.S. by the time you get to Arbiter, you will probably have found better legendaries.

P.S. I am now on last mission for Arbiter, and I know it is just a matter of time. But the hardest parts were definitely getting 1. an arena team for Gold III/IV., and finding the setup for Spider 20 auto.

----------------------------

Not an expert, just hope it helps.