All Categories

Gear levels and stat scaling

Search
Mar 6, 2020, 14:1003/06/20
11/21/19

Has anyone determined, or can the devs say, if your stats work off a linear or logarithmic curve as you level up/raise your gear levels? And are their any caps? Values to where raising them any higher would be so little gain its not worth it anymore. I'm trying to figure out, but hard to tell, if putting a main stat Defense % on one of my main champions will make a difference. And also if stacking their skill attributes. Makes a difference rather than mixing other stats that don't help skill. Like an all HP champion that has Def% for chest, or crit rat on gloves, etc
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 6, 2020, 20:2803/06/20
12/19/19
I have no clue exactly how it works, but from what I've read there are diminishing returns. So don't go all defense % on defense champ. Mix in some hp%. It makes sense to me logically, but as to how to balance I have no clue.
Mar 6, 2020, 23:4803/06/20
11/21/19
And its also a pain figuring out which gear sets would work best with whom. There's really not jsut 1 "master set" depending on who it is. Lifesteal is good for soloing higher campaign levels, but only so far. Trying Fury for a bit for my highest hero, hard to say if it's been doing anything. Now I'm working on trying  a Daze set lol... the amount of silver used is incredible.  Oh the joy of Gacha games.... 
Mar 7, 2020, 04:2703/07/20
12/17/19

Hell Hades mentions the defense soft cap a lot in his videos. You start losing effect somewhere around 4.5k

Accuracy after like 250 isn't terrible, but really only needed in Arena. (I might be remembering this lower than it is, but you'll never reach a soft cap anyway, I don't think)

Resist I think only needs to ever get up to like 100 or 150, but isn't something you should really be trying for anyway, unless it's a hyper specific strat you're aiming for (Well, maybe for tanks in Spider's Den while you're working on your speed team?)

HP, Crit Rate/Dmg, Attack pretty much never wall off, but there's the built in 'You can only kill it so dead' clause, since technically any 'overkill' you do with few exceptions is just wasted. Hitting a 1k hp skeleton with 2k dmg doesn't make it 'extra dead.'

Speed also has a built in 'Doesn't matter how fast if you hit like a mosquito' clause. Going 3 turns to an opponent's 1 turn is fine and all, but hitting like an angry mosquito doesn't do much

Not sure how helpful all this is, but things I've remembered/learned watching YouTube and playing on my own.

TLDR form; Def > HP, Attack being huge doesn't matter if you can't survive the opponent.
Mar 8, 2020, 11:5503/08/20
08/26/19

Valdys said:

This would help. :)

With all due respect, but this wouldn't help much beside those basic info we already know. The OP here (and basically everyone that want to be effective) is more interested in actual numbers behind those general directions, as things like "Over some point you will start to get diminishing returns. You'll need to do some testing to find out where that point" is literally useless.

I don't really see any meaningful reason why so many basic things directly related to the gameplay are so secretive. Those are just numbers related to skills and knowing them will help us make informed choices. I don't understand how this can impact the game in any bad way.

I have Elhain and Souldrinker, Let forget for a moment that they are different rarity, with different basic stats, kit and such. I just use them for sole example, as i know their actual numbers behind the skills.

I know that their A3 is AoE that hits 2 times and have multiplier of 3,5/3,5. We don't have someone with real advantage here.

But Souldrinker's A1 have multiplier of  7,4 and Elhain;s A1 have multiplier of 3,5 (and a condition that if she crits she will hit one more time with same multiplier). So, obviously Souldrinker is clear winner here.

How i know those numbers? Some nerd on internet have spend tons of energy, silver and time in game to run countless test to actually comes with these numbers. With all due respect to that guy, hes idea and actual tests are genius, but that's just not right. Plarium can give us those to help us have better understanding of their game.
Mar 10, 2020, 00:1303/10/20
Mar 10, 2020, 00:14(edited)
11/21/19

Hell Hades mentions the defense soft cap a lot in his videos. You start losing effect somewhere around 4.5k

Accuracy after like 250 isn't terrible, but really only needed in Arena. (I might be remembering this lower than it is, but you'll never reach a soft cap anyway, I don't think)

Resist I think only needs to ever get up to like 100 or 150, but isn't something you should really be trying for anyway, unless it's a hyper specific strat you're aiming for (Well, maybe for tanks in Spider's Den while you're working on your speed team?)

HP, Crit Rate/Dmg, Attack pretty much never wall off, but there's the built in 'You can only kill it so dead' clause, since technically any 'overkill' you do with few exceptions is just wasted. Hitting a 1k hp skeleton with 2k dmg doesn't make it 'extra dead.'

Speed also has a built in 'Doesn't matter how fast if you hit like a mosquito' clause. Going 3 turns to an opponent's 1 turn is fine and all, but hitting like an angry mosquito doesn't do much

Not sure how helpful all this is, but things I've remembered/learned watching YouTube and playing on my own.

TLDR form; Def > HP, Attack being huge doesn't matter if you can't survive the opponent.

Well yeah, things like HP and Speed wouldn't wall off, but what I meant was, for example, damage that's based on HP/Def/Atk/Speed (I think I saw a hero with speed-based skill, not sure) rated skills, so yes, you could stick on as much HP as a 32/64 bit app can read, but how is the damage that skills that are based on HP scaled. And you say Def > HP, but to what extent, esp with those heroes whos skills are all HP based? (I assume that ATK is worthless for heroes who don't have Atk-based skills so I try to avoid that stat when I can) And you're right about crit rate, i was thinking back when I played WoW and for PvP gear you stacked Resilience for anti-crit I think, or maybe I'm just mixing memories with other ones ha..

Mar 10, 2020, 00:1503/10/20
11/21/19
Daering said:

Valdys said:

This would help. :)

With all due respect, but this wouldn't help much beside those basic info we already know. The OP here (and basically everyone that want to be effective) is more interested in actual numbers behind those general directions, as things like "Over some point you will start to get diminishing returns. You'll need to do some testing to find out where that point" is literally useless.

I don't really see any meaningful reason why so many basic things directly related to the gameplay are so secretive. Those are just numbers related to skills and knowing them will help us make informed choices. I don't understand how this can impact the game in any bad way.

I have Elhain and Souldrinker, Let forget for a moment that they are different rarity, with different basic stats, kit and such. I just use them for sole example, as i know their actual numbers behind the skills.

I know that their A3 is AoE that hits 2 times and have multiplier of 3,5/3,5. We don't have someone with real advantage here.

But Souldrinker's A1 have multiplier of  7,4 and Elhain;s A1 have multiplier of 3,5 (and a condition that if she crits she will hit one more time with same multiplier). So, obviously Souldrinker is clear winner here.

How i know those numbers? Some nerd on internet have spend tons of energy, silver and time in game to run countless test to actually comes with these numbers. With all due respect to that guy, hes idea and actual tests are genius, but that's just not right. Plarium can give us those to help us have better understanding of their game.
I think the impact would be reduced amount of people that impulsively buy more silver for the re-training/gearing they have to do? That's my guess at least...
Mar 10, 2020, 05:3903/10/20
Mar 10, 2020, 05:53(edited)
05/13/19

Daering said:

The game wants you to make uninformed choices.

Legendary hero A has multiplier of 10

Legendary hero B has multiplier of 20

Informed Players don't bother using Legendary Hero A

Game does a Fusion Event

Legendary hero C comes out with multiplier of 7

Informed Players say the hero is trash - They don't spend money getting the hero.

Game creates New Heroes.

Legendary hero D comes out with multiplier of 5

Informed Players say the hero is trash - They don't spend money to buy shards to pull the hero.

Now add in Mystery/Secretly:

Legendary hero A has multiplier of Unknown

Legendary hero B has multiplier of Unknown

Players begin leveling & using both heroes

Game does a Fusion Event 

Legendary hero C comes out with multiplier of Unknown

Players spend money to try out the new hero.

The game wants you to do test on heroes to find out if they are good or bad because you often will spend money or game resources to acquire those heroes

It has a big impact on the game.

It keeps the game alive

Mar 10, 2020, 06:1703/10/20
08/26/19

Hehe, yeah, I have an general idea how their corporative minds works, but you do realise how smal percentage from players actually are inrerested in these number, will dig for available info and will make any additional effords in general.

But still we are dealing with Plarium here, company that publish majior patch 1.13 mainly with those 0.01% whales in top Platinium in mind. So..  yeah, we will never be able to get these number the offitial way.