All Categories

Does Souldrinkers “Set Ablaze” passive scale with Fury

Search
Mar 6, 2020, 10:1403/06/20
03/06/20

Fury: “Damage increases as HP decreases.”

Set Ablaze: “Places 2 [Bomb] debuffs on each enemy that detonate after 2 turns when this Champion dies.”

So my question is, if I build Souldrinker with Fury armor, will his bombs deal some ridiculous additional damage when he’s dead. Will the Fury armor continue to increase his damage when his HP hits 0 and dies?

Just a thought and I was wondering if anyone’s tested it. Thanks in advance for any help

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 6, 2020, 11:3103/06/20
02/13/19
No, bombs scale on atk, so you need an atk buff if you want to increase your damage.
Mar 6, 2020, 11:5603/06/20
Mar 6, 2020, 11:57(edited)
03/06/20

Don’t bombs actually scale with the champions primary damage stat (which is in this case attack). But bombs also inflict damage and Fury states specifically “increases DAMAGE as HP decreases.” 

So bombs damage are excluded from this damage buff? Would they then also be excluded from strengthen buffs?

Mar 6, 2020, 12:0803/06/20
02/13/19

Bombs depends on ATK stat only, so fury set won't increase their damage. 

Strengthen buff is still too recent, so I'm not sure about it... I'll ask to the support.
Mar 6, 2020, 12:1303/06/20
03/06/20

Ah I see. I guess maybe because it’s a Debuff the damage doesn’t scale with fury.

Thanks for checking with the support regarding strengthen though
Mar 6, 2020, 12:5303/06/20
02/13/19

"The Bombs do standard amount of damage which isn't affected by debuffs/sets."

This is the reply from the support.

Mar 6, 2020, 12:5703/06/20
03/06/20
That’s kind of unfortunate if fury scaled with champions who can deal damage when they die, it would give an otherwise useless set of armor a niche purpose 
Mar 6, 2020, 21:3103/06/20
Mar 6, 2020, 21:34(edited)
05/13/19

PK Brown said:

That’s kind of unfortunate if fury scaled with champions who can deal damage when they die, it would give an otherwise useless set of armor a niche purpose 

Actually, Don't be so quick to write off the Fury Set!

I have been wanting the game to release a Health Based Champion which does Provoke.

The game didn't release one for the longest time, until a week ago.

Khoronar is the new HP champion - who can do Provoke.

The enemy is forced to hit him - causing him to lose health + ramp up his damage with the Fury Set.

I don't own Khoronar, but if I do ever pull him.

I am going to test him out in a Fury set.

Thus, The Fury set is still alive!

Mar 6, 2020, 23:5403/06/20
06/22/19

If I understand the skill correctly the damage increase base on the Percentage of HP lost and not the amount of HP lost.  If I have a good Fury set, I will try it on Skullcrown and put her on a "Slow team". She is squishy so she will lose a lot of HP quickly but will not die right away because of her unkillable passive. Then nuke while her HP is low. Just a theory that I just thought right now.

And yeah, putting Fury on Khoronar is not a bad idea since he has aoe provoke and  built in counter. But I guess other gears like Crit Damge set and Savage set can be better, since it does not need a condition to increase its damage output. 

Player J said:

PK Brown said:

Actually, Don't be so quick to write off the Fury Set!

I have been wanting the game to release a Health Based Champion which does Provoke.

The game didn't release one for the longest time, until a week ago.

Khoronar is the new HP champion - who can do Provoke.

The enemy is forced to hit him - causing him to lose health + ramp up his damage with the Fury Set.

I don't own Khoronar, but if I do ever pull him.

I am going to test him out in a Fury set.

Thus, The Fury set is still alive!

Mar 7, 2020, 04:2803/07/20
02/13/19

Did some tests, so maybe the support is wrong about buff/debuffs:

Weaken increases bombs damage, so Strengthen should reduce it.
Mar 8, 2020, 04:0203/08/20
05/13/19

JoinME said:

If I understand the skill correctly the damage increase base on the Percentage of HP lost and not the amount of HP lost.  If I have a good Fury set, I will try it on Skullcrown and put her on a "Slow team". She is squishy so she will lose a lot of HP quickly but will not die right away because of her unkillable passive. Then nuke while her HP is low. Just a theory that I just thought right now.

And yeah, putting Fury on Khoronar is not a bad idea since he has aoe provoke and  built in counter. But I guess other gears like Crit Damge set and Savage set can be better, since it does not need a condition to increase its damage output. 

Here is a Screenshot of the Fury Set Description which I read:

I believe the +5% Damage amount is being applied to a heroes Hidden Multiplier.

I believe the +5% Damage increase is similar to a Tome Skill Up.

There is no way for me to prove this. 

The only person who would know would be a Developer, but they don't like talking.

So yeah - it is just my theory at the moment.

Every 10% HP lowered - You gain extra Damage which I am assuming is being tacked on to your Heroes Hidden Multiplier.

If that is what is happening, I think the Fury Set can be pretty insane. 

The First problem I had was the lack of viable Health Base Champions.

The skill description says the set is Solid on a Tank & Bruiser type of hero.

The people who wrote that description is so full of crap!

Most of the Tanky/Bruiser type of heroes in the game have high Defense, but low HP.

You can't use them with this set.

The reason why is because most of the high tier people in arena run heroes with skills, gears, or masteries which Ignore Defense.

If you run high DEF with very low HP, You are going to get 1 shot.

What you need is a Health Based Champion.

This is what I have been waiting for to do my test.

A High Health Based Champion doesn't mind if its health drops.

Most of the High Health champions don't suffer from the similar Ignore Defense issue!

They can often tank the hit which would otherwise 1 shot a Defense base hero.

The Second problem I had was the lack of Provoke Health Base Champions.

The skill description says the set is very Good on a hero who does [Taunt] or [Provoking].

You force the enemy to hit you so you lose health - This helps enable the Fury Set to start rocking & rolling.

The only hero in the game who is Health Based + Does AOE Provoke = Khoronar

I haven't found any other hero who can do it.

So yeah - My search for the perfect hero combination has been dormant for so long

They finally made a hero worthy of the test.

Now - All I have to do is pull him from a shard

1 in a million chance - lol

It is interesting that you mention Skullcrown.

I never thought of using the Fury Set on her.

Maybe, I should have thought about it. lol

My poor Fury Set tests have been a dead end for a very long time.

I have a Fury Set.

I have been saving it for a very long time.

I have thought about selling it for silver a million times. lol

Please tell me how the Fury Set does with your Skullcrown.

It might give us hope that the Fury Set can be relevent on 2 heroes in the game.

Mar 8, 2020, 08:2703/08/20
06/22/19
I also have khoronar but i dont have good fury set for him as of now. I am still favoring on farming dragons than any other dungeon. 
Mar 9, 2020, 18:2403/09/20
05/13/19

JoinME said:

I also have khoronar but i dont have good fury set for him as of now. I am still favoring on farming dragons than any other dungeon. 

You lucky devil! lol

I guess you can do the test for us all I suppose - 1 day