All Categories

Do attack buffs impact damage from a defense based attack?

Search
Mar 4, 2020, 19:3303/04/20
11/16/17

Example: Seeker is a DEFENSE champ that has a skill that boosts attack, but his damage is based off of defense. Does an attack buff have any impact at all on the damage that a defense based attack will do? 

I could see how Plarium may do things like this to force people to diversify teams for the sake of balance. If that is not the case, then this is just a silly idea for them to give defense champs skills that boost attack.

My two best arena champs are defense based, so I want to fit seeker into the team for the aura. I'm unsure if i should keep another attack champ on the team or not just for the sake of not wasting a buff.
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 4, 2020, 20:2103/04/20
08/26/19

Tagg101 said:

Example: Seeker is a DEFENSE champ that has a skill that boosts attack, but his damage is based off of defense. Does an attack buff have any impact at all on the damage that a defense based attack will do? 

I could see how Plarium may do things like this to force people to diversify teams for the sake of balance. If that is not the case, then this is just a silly idea for them to give defense champs skills that boost attack.

My two best arena champs are defense based, so I want to fit seeker into the team for the aura. I'm unsure if i should keep another attack champ on the team or not just for the sake of not wasting a buff.

The short answer is - no, it doesn't affect Heroes based on Defense (those whose skills are based on Defense).

As for the rest - well, your Seeker has a Defense aura and a passive skill that boosts Defense on all of your team, right? It seems to me that he has more than enough utilities to increase the effectiveness of both ATK and DEF based champions.

Mar 4, 2020, 20:3903/04/20
11/16/17
Daering said:

Tagg101 said:

The short answer is - no, it doesn't affect Heroes based on Defense (those whose skills are based on Defense).

As for the rest - well, your Seeker has a Defense aura and a passive skill that boosts Defense on all of your team, right? It seems to me that he has more than enough utilities to increase the effectiveness of both ATK and DEF based champions.

Thanks for the answer. I don't think it was going to make or break my decision for the team either way, but it is good to know for sure. There are a lot of other similar scenarios.
Mar 4, 2020, 22:4803/04/20
Mar 4, 2020, 22:52(edited)
05/13/19

Tagg101 said:

No, you are wrong!

Seeker damage scales off Attack.

Here is a picture: Proving you are wrong.

Seeker A2 does Turn Meter Fill 30% + Increase Attack 50% + Extra Turn

Seeker A1 scales off Attack --> Seeker will do more damage because of the Increase Attack buff

Mar 4, 2020, 22:5103/04/20
11/16/17
Player J said:

Tagg101 said:

No, you are wrong!

Seeker damage scales off Attack.

My mistake. My real question was answered though. I wonder why they even make Seeker a defense champ then.
Mar 4, 2020, 23:0903/04/20
05/13/19

Tagg101 said:

My mistake. My real question was answered though. I wonder why they even make Seeker a defense champ then.

Because he is great for a Defensive Team.

Mar 4, 2020, 23:4903/04/20
07/17/19
The "type" of a champion should be taken with a grain of salt, look at their skills and see how best to build them.  Many HP champions have 0 skills that scale with HP