All Categories

weekly bp quest not well thought out

Search
Mar 4, 2020, 19:2303/04/20
10/11/19

So, I have this weekly BP quest of needing to place alot of debuffs on enemies on fights I win in arena.

Problem being: I need to win fights that aren't against rank dumpers that I oneshot

and

the enemy team can't have debuff blocker and I must also be lucky enough for them not to resist.

Basicly, it feels close to imposisble to complete this. I've gotten less than a handfull of debuffs placed at the moment and I honestly can't see how I should get so many in a week. Most of the teams I face have some sort of debuff blocker on their team, and those that don't have high resists values and basicly resist almost anything I throw against them.

To me, this is one of those quests that doesn't really work in practice but only "look cool" in a vacum. Let us be able to have debuffs done in PvE count as well at least.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 4, 2020, 19:3103/04/20
10/11/19
to give an idea about how silly it feels: I've just cleared an entire page of teams I could fight against in arena. Beat every single one of them on that page. I got a single tick on that quest for my effort.
Mar 5, 2020, 01:0003/05/20
07/17/19

I agree this is a more difficult challenge, and I am having some trouble with it myself since I don't have many good champs with these skills.  Basically im hoping Big Un will eventually get it done for me even with his super shtity ACC.

However, if you could clear the weekly challenges in a day like most of them, they really aren't that much fun.

This particular challenge feels not very thought out unless you have Torim I guess
Mar 5, 2020, 04:3303/05/20
02/13/19

Hi, Guys!

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, this challenge looks annoying, but I'm sure you'll complete it anyway, it's not really difficult... it will just take his time.

Of course it was easy for me because I have Tormin, but there are a lot of champions with those debuffs.

Mar 5, 2020, 07:4203/05/20
01/27/20

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

Yeah, this challenge looks annoying, but I'm sure you'll complete it anyway, it's not really difficult... it will just take his time.

Of course it was easy for me because I have Tormin, but there are a lot of champions with those debuffs.

and exactly this is the issue. If you don't have a specific champ it's hard to get to there. Also besides having to have that specific champ you Need to have him geared, leveled and ascended enough so he even gets off one or two shots without being dead the instance his feet hit the Arena Floor ((even with a very high Speed Team he might only have one shot before he dies -- and then you still have to win with 3 heroes against 4 after you "shot yourself in the foot for trying to place ONE debuff"))

If you don't have anything like that you can just place the stun/Sleep set onto one aoe-heroe and hope he does well with it in some way. The Thing is, it's not 10 or 20 which would be fine. we're Talking About 60. For most of us this means having to use 10+ Tokens every day the whole week to even get there, as we mostely only get one debuff out per fight --- and as there's still a Chance of losing some of them (as we go with 3 heroes and one "lets hope he sets his debuff" with 25% !!!! Chance ) it's not "hard" and "takes time" it's super annoying and frustrating.

A challenge is fine if everyone can do it in some way, but not if it requires you to either have an amazing champ (bellower for instance) and can get it done in a few nice tries or have to spend Hours upon Hours to get it done. That has Nothing to do with challenge but "mindless grind with super high Frustration triggers".

Again, I don't mind it and wouldn't complain if it would have been 10-30 placed (then it could have even been done with some starter-Champs in 20-30 Arena fights) but that they decided to make it 60! 

Mar 5, 2020, 08:5703/05/20
10/26/19
I totaly agree. My only source of stun is Miscreated Monster and I still have to be very lucky with enemy teams: too week? My previous champion will one-shot a few or leave everyone at low hp so MM will kill them instead of placing debuff, too strong? Most likely lost fight or every stun resisted. And that's with a decent source of the debuff. It should be either lowered or a decreased speed should be added to the list. Ppl that don't have a good source of those debuffs are at a disadvantage + this challange if copared to the rank-up one fron the same set looks even worse: on the one hand you have sth that everyone can do whenever and on the other we have this. 
Mar 5, 2020, 12:0703/05/20
10/11/19
Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

When most teams you meet have debuff block, it feels pointless. I have Zelotah for AoE sleep and Flesh-tearer for trying to reduce the duration of debuff blocks to actually be able to land the debuffs, but most fights are over before I get to the point of being able to actually land the debuffs.
Mar 5, 2020, 13:2203/05/20
01/28/20

same here don't have champ for it and gear to finish this quest. it could be difficult to finish in campaign would need to farm for gear at but more possible but now in arena its total bonkers. most of us have perfectly balanced team to win in arena take one member of it and you cant do anything. For now I'm just leaving this quest hopefully they come to they senses and replace this event with something more resemble. But you can see that Plarium gonna bring more quest like this .... just splash some cash to win Tormin or any overpowered champ with debuffs 

Mar 5, 2020, 13:3203/05/20
11/09/19

This will be the only weekly challenge so far i won't clear most likely. I just don't have the champs ranked high enough to do it.

I'm not even trying. Which is sad because it's an epic book for finishing the whole week.

Mar 5, 2020, 14:4403/05/20
06/22/19

I saw you have 5star Alure. You can do something like Turnmeter booster + Draco + Alure (2nd skill) + nuker. If you think you cant one shot everyone, make Alure move after your nuker so she can make them sleep then it will make them lose a turn. 

I just theory craft this, dont know if it will work. But i hope this helps. 

animejay said:

This will be the only weekly challenge so far i won't clear most likely. I just don't have the champs ranked high enough to do it.

I'm not even trying. Which is sad because it's an epic book for finishing the whole week.

Mar 5, 2020, 16:4903/05/20
11/16/17
I used freeze gear on a champ with provoke, like Jizoh (everyone should have and he gets targeted a lot because he's spirit). That plus some stuns here and there. Finished it fairly quickly.
Mar 6, 2020, 16:1703/06/20
Mar 6, 2020, 17:25(edited)
11/12/19

I feel the same way, that this particular challenge is problematic. I don't even have enough champions leveled with these debuffs or enough sets with chance to apply them that I can actually win in the arena. I've basically written this weekly off cause its just not something I can feasibly do. It's hard enough for me to get the "one shot x number of champions in the arena" quests done. But this is just not something I am capable of doing with my current crop of champions.

If this challenge wasn't specifically for arena, or didn't require you to actually win, then it wouldn't be an issue, but I have one team of champs who can do decently in the arena and none of them have these debuffs. Changing my team or changing their gear to get these debuffs would mean I wouldn't actually be able to win. It's already hard enough for me to dance around all these teams with legendaries and epics with way better gear than mine in gold 1-3.