All Categories

clan boss debuff

clan boss debuff

Search
Feb 28, 2020, 01:5402/28/20
02/28/20

clan boss debuff

I can't really find anything relevant on this strange phenomenon.

For a mission i joined a small clan a few weeks back, i also got into the clan boss. He's pretty fun to do tbh.

got to around 2M dmg usually, i just use HP burn and poison debuffs because my team is not quite too strong yet.

Now i just joined another clan and i thought i'd jump right into the clan boss.

And all of a sudden my 80%  chance poison debuff seems to proc only about 20% of the time. And after the resists i can only seem to debuff around 10% of the time.

The chance always seemed ok before, is it because it's a different clan or am i missing something here?

Kael is the example i'm using here, his A1 has a 2.5 poison for 80% chance

If anyone can shed any light here, i would be very appreciative

PS: i did 3 runs so i'm pretty sure it wasn't just me being unlucky

edit: i think the problem is kael's attacks are weak in terms of matchup vs the clan boss, and weak attacks don't apply debuffs i think?

But it's still weird that it still procs sometimes, maybe because of crits?

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 28, 2020, 04:4302/28/20
02/13/19

Hi,

It's just RNG. :)
Feb 28, 2020, 06:2702/28/20
08/26/19

You are right, after boss reachs 50% hp he change his aff from void to random and if it happen to be force aff, your Kael will have hard time landing debuffs. When you attack strong aff, you have (I think) 40% chance to land weak hit and you can't place debuffs with weak hit. That will drop your damage a lot. 

Feb 28, 2020, 08:0202/28/20
01/27/20

Valdys said:

Hi,

sorry Valdys but that's just wrong. As he said he's having "weak hits" - which means he isn't Aware of the "below 50% CB changes" and the correct answer is in the post above. Not everything can be brushed off in 5 words or less :P ;)

@Topic:

see the post above. If the boss Drops below 50% he changes to one of the three affinities and you should Always check which one he has. If he's force Kael will really have a hard time to perform. In those cases you should Always try to go for him before the 50% mark (as this is the easiest if you don't have specific Groups to take care of the affinities as with void everyone performs normally) and you should see your "regular" Performance lvls all the time :) 

It's the same as in any fight - rock/paper/sizzor --- and spock (void). Be Aware of the allignment and don't try to fight an allignment (also in PVP) with a weaker allignment. You'll hurt yourself and make the game even harder for you than it already can be in some cases :)
Feb 28, 2020, 22:4202/28/20
02/28/20

Thx alot for providing me with answers guys :-)

So it's not like a crit will automatically cancel out a "weak" attack? Which would basically give me normal chances of applying my debuff if that were the case :-P

Just asking because i was thinking of running war maiden kael in arena and if i can bypass the "weak" attacks this way i might go a crit build on her :-D

No lizard in the game so spock is op ?:-D
Feb 29, 2020, 00:0902/29/20
Feb 29, 2020, 00:10(edited)
02/13/19
gothikguardian said:

Valdys said:

Hi,

sorry Valdys but that's just wrong. As he said he's having "weak hits" - which means he isn't Aware of the "below 50% CB changes" and the correct answer is in the post above. Not everything can be brushed off in 5 words or less :P ;)

@Topic:

see the post above. If the boss Drops below 50% he changes to one of the three affinities and you should Always check which one he has. If he's force Kael will really have a hard time to perform. In those cases you should Always try to go for him before the 50% mark (as this is the easiest if you don't have specific Groups to take care of the affinities as with void everyone performs normally) and you should see your "regular" Performance lvls all the time :) 

It's the same as in any fight - rock/paper/sizzor --- and spock (void). Be Aware of the allignment and don't try to fight an allignment (also in PVP) with a weaker allignment. You'll hurt yourself and make the game even harder for you than it already can be in some cases :)
You won't always do weak hit even against the stronger affinity. So, it's RNG, because there's always a chance and it's called RNG.
Feb 29, 2020, 00:2402/29/20
08/26/19

Unfortunately, you can "bypass" the weak attack :) , no amount of crit chance will help you with that. There is a fixed 35% change (I was wrong in my first post, the correct numbers are 35%) that you will land weak hit against strong affinity and that chance is rolled first, without taking into account any statistics of the champion. So, you see, it is other way around. :)

If we roll weak hit, bad things happen - kitten dies somewhere, man loses his job, we see pathetic white numbers on the screen and no debuff at all. If we have good roll, then our champion is happy and things go smoothly for us. :)

On more serious note, there is something that is worth mentioning. When it comes to a weak and strong attack against a strong affinity there are a few exceptions to this rule, for example these are cases where the description of the skill explicitly states that the skill is always a crit, or always normal hit. Like Hakkorhn Smashlord (Lego,Skinwalkers,Magic) A3 - always normal hit (no weak, no crit)

When it comes to applying debuffs against strong affinity there are cases in which a skill applies a debuff or debuffs without any attack or damage. In that cases affinity doesn't matter (you didn't attack, so you can't have weak hit, so you can't miss your debuffs). In this case its only your accuracy versus target resistance. Like Dracomorph (Lego, Lizardmen, Magic) A3, for example.

Feb 29, 2020, 03:2502/29/20
02/28/20

Thx alot for the great info.

I have been testing a bit in the arena and with the clan boss today.  2 different affinities on the boss, lucky me :-P

Seems i got really unlucky the first time around. Today was alot better against a strong affinity, the numbers seem to add up :-)

Neutral affinity was just like void, but that's because my main dmg is from kael and jotun :-P

So it's go hard or go home i guess :-P

Feb 29, 2020, 03:3102/29/20
02/28/20

Valdys said:

gothikguardian said:

Valdys said:

Hi,

@Topic:

You won't always do weak hit even against the stronger affinity. So, it's RNG, because there's always a chance and it's called RNG.
I think i get it now
You were actually both right, it is RNG on top of RNG. 
I think gothikg just wanted to stress that it wasn't just the 80% rng chance of a normal debuff chance but there's more calculation involved :-)
Anyhow, thx for the input from everyone. It rly helped me along :-)
Cheers guys
Feb 29, 2020, 10:1102/29/20
05/13/19
Kazura8 said:

Valdys said:

gothikguardian said:

Valdys said:

Hi,

@Topic:

I think i get it now
You were actually both right, it is RNG on top of RNG. 
I think gothikg just wanted to stress that it wasn't just the 80% rng chance of a normal debuff chance but there's more calculation involved :-)
Anyhow, thx for the input from everyone. It rly helped me along :-)
Cheers guys
Ok guys, i am going to close this topic. Have a nice day :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.