All Categories

General price inflation

General price inflation

Search
Dec 14, 2019, 04:5512/14/19
08/26/19

General price inflation

I'm not really here to complain, only to point out certain facts.

I have been observing the trend of the packs carefully for the last 3 months and realized a truth... The packs get bigger with a value/price ratio going down. 

Example: the conqueror pack used to be 5$, 1 shard, 1 key, 1 xp banner, 1 chicken and some recharge. 

It got replaced with a different one, 10$, 1 shard, 2 key, 2 banner, 2 chicken... For double the price, one shard was lost. 

And then now 15$... 2 shards, banner 3 days, 3 chicken... And 2 keys... Now a key got lost. 

In a general sense it applies to other packs. When I passed 50, I had a generous offer for 25$... Now I am 60, the offer isn't even double the previous one, but the price is 100$.

The packs are bigger with less and less. I was happy to spend 5$ a day, I'd love to see this 5$ conqueror come back. The fact that some are 60 does not mean they have more money.

As for marketing, when selling in bulk, one is supposed to lower the price per unit, not raise it. It is common sense and it is how big companies make big bucks.

The only economic model that applies to a raise in price per unit are related to either a lack of availability - wich is not the case here because you are basically selling codes... Or the other option is when targeting addiction... Wich probably works for a very little percentage of gambler that do not represent a big percentage of your general sales, and even less if you could keep every player that started spending.

This is an interesting question: not how many keep paying, but how many stopped paying? 

Is this raise related to me spending money? Is there an algorithm calculating new packs when someone starts spending? Trying to find the limit? If it is the case, you need to turn it upside down. A costumer also need a sense of satisfaction, a feeling that says "I am being taken care of, I am cherished and dotted". Even in Las Vegas, the Wales get the suite so they can stay and spend longer... Here it's like the price of the coin is being raised. 

I hope someone with common sense will read me. I love this game and I want to support it, but right now, I will lower my purchases because if I do not have the option to spend 5$ a day, I'll pay 15$ once a week, maybe. 

Please consider 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 14, 2019, 13:2412/14/19
05/13/19

Upvoted

The game is being ridiculous - for sure.

Players should get a discount for spending more money.

It is like you said.

Companies give people discounts when buying in Bulk.

Dec 15, 2019, 08:1912/15/19
08/06/19
Nico, you mention Las Vegas. If you arent`t aware, you may be, but Plarium has it`s roots in the gambling business. They would give their firstborn children to be able to use the odds they use for us in this game, in their real gambling institutions. Us players and our issues do not even rate in the top ten of importance to Plarium, and I`ve seen nothing that would prove otherwise. I do agree with you on your points.
Jun 19, 2023, 18:4606/19/23
06/18/20

I couldn't agree more with you on this point that why became a play for free play that and I tryed getting them to fix the Hydra for me that they will not 

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 19, 2023, 22:2406/19/23
12/30/20
zafire

I couldn't agree more with you on this point that why became a play for free play that and I tryed getting them to fix the Hydra for me that they will not 

Hey, while we welcome feedback, perhaps starting your own thread or taking another avenue would be better than bumping a 3.5 year old, unrelated thread. :)

Necro bump thread locked.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.