All Categories

ONE champion fragment per day

Search
Apr 22, 2024, 17:3004/22/24
09/05/23

Today I discovered something amazing: a gamer can only purchase ONE fragment per day of drexthar from the tagteam market. 

Why? Who conceived such an insanely restrictive idea?

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 22, 2024, 18:5704/22/24
09/29/16

I remember when I started playing. I didn't buy Drexthar fragments because I said I won't play this game long enough to buy all of them.  I bought all of them soon and now after 3 years of playing I just say: "Buy them." 

Apr 22, 2024, 20:1704/22/24
09/05/23
Truetom

I remember when I started playing. I didn't buy Drexthar fragments because I said I won't play this game long enough to buy all of them.  I bought all of them soon and now after 3 years of playing I just say: "Buy them." 

There is NO "buy them" option hence I created this thread. The ONLY option is 1 fragment per day so...it takes 100 days to buy all of them.

Which is enraging if you have enough goldbars for an immediate 100 fragment purchase 

Apr 22, 2024, 20:1904/22/24
07/01/22
stormbringer

There is NO "buy them" option hence I created this thread. The ONLY option is 1 fragment per day so...it takes 100 days to buy all of them.

Which is enraging if you have enough goldbars for an immediate 100 fragment purchase 

Everything in Tag Arena Bazaar has a timer limit, some are per day and some are per week. Yes it takes over 3 months to get Drexthar and I was in that same situation, I wish I had started buying them sooner. But thats how it is and how it works.

Apr 22, 2024, 20:5804/22/24
12/16/21

Wait'll you start doing Hydra and find out about weekly mithrala frags 😁

Apr 22, 2024, 20:5804/22/24
Apr 23, 2024, 17:32(edited)
01/31/20

Just be happy that you can get Drex basically just for playing a bit of 3v3.  He is an awesome toon that will help you in many areas of the game, not the least of which is as a top tier spider tank.  There are many of us who had to figure out Spider w/o Drex cuz the 3v3 Bazaar didn't exist back then, so no free Drex for us until way later.  

Apr 22, 2024, 20:5904/22/24
01/31/20
MooredRat

Wait'll you start doing Hydra and find out about weekly mithrala frags 😁

But she is so totally worth the wait.  

Apr 22, 2024, 21:0304/22/24
12/16/21
WileyMan

But she is so totally worth the wait.  

100%

The painful irony is that she's such a great support for hydra. Getting her frags would be SO much easier if you already had her to start with 😁

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 01:0404/23/24
02/24/19
MooredRat

100%

The painful irony is that she's such a great support for hydra. Getting her frags would be SO much easier if you already had her to start with 😁

Haha, true 

Apr 23, 2024, 17:2604/23/24
09/05/23
Onikage55

Everything in Tag Arena Bazaar has a timer limit, some are per day and some are per week. Yes it takes over 3 months to get Drexthar and I was in that same situation, I wish I had started buying them sooner. But thats how it is and how it works.

You can apply that "But that's how it is blah blah" to pretty much every OP in the forum

Apr 23, 2024, 17:3004/23/24
09/05/23
Onikage55

many restrictions relate to the number of times per day a gamer can hit the plarium servers. It costs money to run these servers and they want to avoid overloading them.

However whether I purchase drexthar now...or wait 100 days makes zero difference to plarium servers thus there is no cost/technical reason for imposing this restriction

Apr 23, 2024, 17:3604/23/24
05/26/22

Meh, Drex is lazy and drinks all your beer. 

"Get a job you lazy bum!"

Apr 23, 2024, 17:4404/23/24
01/31/20
stormbringer

many restrictions relate to the number of times per day a gamer can hit the plarium servers. It costs money to run these servers and they want to avoid overloading them.

However whether I purchase drexthar now...or wait 100 days makes zero difference to plarium servers thus there is no cost/technical reason for imposing this restriction

We are just players suggesting that you start buying the Drex Frags ASAP cuz he is totally worth it even if the wait is a PITA.   

All of the "free" legos that you can get through "buying/earning" fragments from various parts of the game are time-limited.  This applies to Drex from 3v3, Yannica & Yakarl from Clan Shop and Mithrala from Hydra.  

Apr 23, 2024, 18:0804/23/24
09/05/23
WileyMan

We are just players suggesting that you start buying the Drex Frags ASAP cuz he is totally worth it even if the wait is a PITA.   

All of the "free" legos that you can get through "buying/earning" fragments from various parts of the game are time-limited.  This applies to Drex from 3v3, Yannica & Yakarl from Clan Shop and Mithrala from Hydra.  

I rackedup 36000 goldbars over 2 months expecting to be able to purchase drexthar. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I can only buy 1 fragment per day.

THAT is why I am...unimpressed. And my interactions with plarium technical support can be summarized as "sorry, game mechanics and balance etc, have a nice day"

Apr 23, 2024, 22:0004/23/24
07/01/22
stormbringer

You can apply that "But that's how it is blah blah" to pretty much every OP in the forum

No, this isn't a One-Off. Its how every item for sale in the Bazaar works. It's the equivalent to complaining you can only buy 5 or 10 of something in the Clan Shop. It's across the board.

Now if most stuff didn't have a purchase cooldown, then I'd see your point. 

Hell Clan Shop you can only buy 5 fragments a week. That's less than 1 a day, so technically you can get Drex the fastest of any of the buyable leggos

Apr 24, 2024, 02:2404/24/24
05/03/20

I saved 100 gold bars, when it was difficult for me to earn them.  Then discovered I could only spend one per day.  Drex was 5 month project for me.  We have all been there.  Welcome to the club.  

Apr 24, 2024, 13:5804/24/24
09/05/23
Onikage55

No, this isn't a One-Off. Its how every item for sale in the Bazaar works. It's the equivalent to complaining you can only buy 5 or 10 of something in the Clan Shop. It's across the board.

Now if most stuff didn't have a purchase cooldown, then I'd see your point. 

Hell Clan Shop you can only buy 5 fragments a week. That's less than 1 a day, so technically you can get Drex the fastest of any of the buyable leggos

Its also a GREAT way to kill gamer interest. I'm no longer raging but equally since plarium are demanding I log in every day for 100 days AND click on the tagteam market AND click drexthar fragment to receive 1 fragment then...the amount of money I've already spent I could have purchased other more enticing games that don;t make strange requests from gamers.

maybe I'll revisit this issue after 100 days to determine whether I have any further interest in the game

Apr 25, 2024, 04:4704/25/24
07/01/22
stormbringer

Its also a GREAT way to kill gamer interest. I'm no longer raging but equally since plarium are demanding I log in every day for 100 days AND click on the tagteam market AND click drexthar fragment to receive 1 fragment then...the amount of money I've already spent I could have purchased other more enticing games that don;t make strange requests from gamers.

maybe I'll revisit this issue after 100 days to determine whether I have any further interest in the game

I'm going to be real with you. When I started, I didn't know the fragments were 1 per day and it sucked finding out that it would be more than 3 months till I had Drex. However, I wasn't mad at Plarium. I was mad at myself for not starting to buy them sooner. I was on my 4th month of the game, meaning I coulda had him already.

However, here's a very important thing: Drexthar and Mithrala are incredible champions that you can get for free over a long enough period of time. You don't have to log in consequtively to get them but yeah, you need to many times. That is the point of this game. Look at the daily login champions like Scyl. My biggest regret in this game was spending $300 in my first 2 months buying Energy and Multis. I thought that would progress my account the fastest but in all honesty, if I had waited till my 6th month and then bought that same amount of energy and multis, it would have been almost 10 times better for my account then than it was at the start.

Arbiter was another rough one, getting 1000s of Arena Town Hall mats for the Progress Mission was rough too. 

Lastly, and this is the MOST important thing of all: This game is built around logging in every day. If that isn't a good fit for you, that's ok. However if you stick with it, you'll get to a point where you no longer spend and continually progress your account easily. You don't even need to spend at all to have a great account, but it takes much longer. Paying to save time makes sense to a lot of people, your time is valuable. Put a price on what a Hour of your time is worth and use that as a metric before you spend any more.

Apr 25, 2024, 20:518 days
01/31/20
Onikage55

I'm going to be real with you. When I started, I didn't know the fragments were 1 per day and it sucked finding out that it would be more than 3 months till I had Drex. However, I wasn't mad at Plarium. I was mad at myself for not starting to buy them sooner. I was on my 4th month of the game, meaning I coulda had him already.

However, here's a very important thing: Drexthar and Mithrala are incredible champions that you can get for free over a long enough period of time. You don't have to log in consequtively to get them but yeah, you need to many times. That is the point of this game. Look at the daily login champions like Scyl. My biggest regret in this game was spending $300 in my first 2 months buying Energy and Multis. I thought that would progress my account the fastest but in all honesty, if I had waited till my 6th month and then bought that same amount of energy and multis, it would have been almost 10 times better for my account then than it was at the start.

Arbiter was another rough one, getting 1000s of Arena Town Hall mats for the Progress Mission was rough too. 

Lastly, and this is the MOST important thing of all: This game is built around logging in every day. If that isn't a good fit for you, that's ok. However if you stick with it, you'll get to a point where you no longer spend and continually progress your account easily. You don't even need to spend at all to have a great account, but it takes much longer. Paying to save time makes sense to a lot of people, your time is valuable. Put a price on what a Hour of your time is worth and use that as a metric before you spend any more.

Well said.  Solid guidance for playing this game, for sure.