All Categories

Teams are getting so ridiculous nowadays...

Search
Apr 20, 2024, 19:4804/20/24
07/07/22

So I've been playing Classic Arena more often. Wanted to finish the arena badges progress mission and unfortunately have prgressed to SIlver Tier 3.

The level of opponents I have been facing has sharply risen. Opponent Team power levels on average seem to be about 50-100k higher than my team. It's been tough. At least 1/3 of these teams have absurdly high speed and just batter my team without giving them a chance to even take an action.

Fought a team earlier with the standard opponents: Sun Wukong and Scyl and they are both stupid as hell. Sun Wukong especially is stupid. Stuns, sheeps and totally shuts down your team's buffing abilities and, of course, you can't fully kill him unless he's the last enemy standing....

I'm used to that. Even tried bringing Fenax to hopefully lock Sun Wukong out of coming back a few times. But this team had Elva too....and holy crap, what can you even do against Elva? Every time I start to kill somebody she just spams veil buffs on them and I can't touch them anymore.

And then I have Sun Wukong locking me out of buffing my guys, Elva locking me out of debuffing HIS guys. Both Scyl and Elva AOE team healing and rezzing. What can I even do at that point? And I haven't even mentioned the 4th guy on his team...

Some of these team combos are just so disheartening.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 20, 2024, 19:5304/20/24
07/07/22

And Elva's team heal is even worse than Scyls because enemies with "Extra turn" abilities can heal multiple times before your characters can act.

Apr 20, 2024, 19:5804/20/24
12/18/19

Dont fight the teams you find annoying lol, just go for the easy 1 man teams if you dont want to get stressed...at the end of the day the great hall doesnt ask where the medals came from :P

Apr 20, 2024, 21:3704/20/24
11/16/20

What is the team that you are using?

The easiest most common team for arena medal farming is still a speed nuke imo. That consists of opening with turn meter fill, then a aoe decrease defense champ, follower by a aoe nuke. The fourth slot can be a second turn meter fill moving after your first one, or second aoe nuke moving last. Example team High Khatun, apothecary, warmaiden, kael. You can get to gold and farm with a team as bad as that as long as its set up right.

That kind of team as long as you go first you should win in under 10 seconds.

If you want suggestions you should post screen shots of your roster and some of your current arena teams stats.

Apr 21, 2024, 02:4604/21/24
Apr 21, 2024, 02:48(edited)
07/07/22
evilized6666

What is the team that you are using?

The easiest most common team for arena medal farming is still a speed nuke imo. That consists of opening with turn meter fill, then a aoe decrease defense champ, follower by a aoe nuke. The fourth slot can be a second turn meter fill moving after your first one, or second aoe nuke moving last. Example team High Khatun, apothecary, warmaiden, kael. You can get to gold and farm with a team as bad as that as long as its set up right.

That kind of team as long as you go first you should win in under 10 seconds.

If you want suggestions you should post screen shots of your roster and some of your current arena teams stats.

I switch between using Justicar and Astralon. Justicar may be a rare but he is actually pretty nice against certain teams because he has a built in counterattack and is fairly tanky so I often use him against teams that are faster or using UDK since counterattacks just keep hitting UDK so he can attack UDK like 3 times in between his own turns.

I really don't like the idea of first turn nuke teams as it just feels so cheesy and unchivalrous.

i

Apr 21, 2024, 02:4904/21/24
07/07/22
sharkium

Dont fight the teams you find annoying lol, just go for the easy 1 man teams if you dont want to get stressed...at the end of the day the great hall doesnt ask where the medals came from :P

It's tough cus almost EVERYONE is using UDK, Scyl and Sun Wukong and Artak.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 21, 2024, 03:0704/21/24
12/30/20

So a few things:

1) your team almost certainly isn't good enough even with Falmond to make up for how weak the overall team/composition is.

2) you may not like first turn nuke teams but anytime we give up the edges that help us win, we are going to run into trouble. 

3) I would also drop the full roster screenshot, if you do care to try to get better teams going.

Apr 21, 2024, 07:0304/21/24
07/01/22

"I really don't like the idea of first turn nuke teams as it just feels so cheesy and unchivalrous."

Ok I'm not sure what you're complaining about then? I'm guessing this is some sort of RP thing you've got going on but you can't ignore the meta and then complain about your losses. Does this also mean you won't fight single-person teams because that's also "unchivalrous"? Lastly, you're extremely disrespecting Martyr having her not fully ascended and with less than half as much power as Justicar. Unforgiveable.

Apr 21, 2024, 09:3804/21/24
11/16/20
Sir Kyle

It's tough cus almost EVERYONE is using UDK, Scyl and Sun Wukong and Artak.

yes its going to be rough using that team you have vs anything. I would suggest taking my advice from above. That or just be happy winning a random fight in silver here and there and not progressing.

Apr 21, 2024, 15:1604/21/24
07/07/22
dthorne04

So a few things:

1) your team almost certainly isn't good enough even with Falmond to make up for how weak the overall team/composition is.

2) you may not like first turn nuke teams but anytime we give up the edges that help us win, we are going to run into trouble. 

3) I would also drop the full roster screenshot, if you do care to try to get better teams going.

What's wrong with my team composition?

i

Apr 21, 2024, 16:1504/21/24
06/25/20

The short answer is "everything". The long answer is - you have much bigger problems to sort out before arena. For starters - you have way too many level 50s, and the ones you've chosen to bring to 60 are extremely questionable. I honestly don't even know where to start, but I suppose the first thing would be to see if you have a Dragon 20 team yet?

Apr 21, 2024, 18:5504/21/24
07/07/22
kramaswamy.kr

The short answer is "everything". The long answer is - you have much bigger problems to sort out before arena. For starters - you have way too many level 50s, and the ones you've chosen to bring to 60 are extremely questionable. I honestly don't even know where to start, but I suppose the first thing would be to see if you have a Dragon 20 team yet?

Farthest I've gone is dragon 14 in 1:34. Doing well there. Haven't pushed farther yet.

Apr 21, 2024, 19:2004/21/24
06/25/20

Then your priority needs to be getting to 20. You should post your full roster since I have to assume you have many more champs to choose from than you're showing. That said, there are a ton of possible teams you could run which should be able to handle D20 no problem. Realistically, by this point you should be solo-farming it, but, baby steps I suppose.

Get Pythion to 60 ASAP. He'll carry your D20 team easily. Just put him alongside your three best damagers, and round the team out with Martyr.

Apr 21, 2024, 19:2904/21/24
Apr 21, 2024, 19:29(edited)
12/16/21

you've got the champs for a UNM demon lord team too, though I'd wager not the gear, yet

Apr 21, 2024, 19:3904/21/24
12/16/21

UDK in toxic gear with 220+ spd, 4k+ def, 60k+ hp and 330+ res can solo dragon and IG 20

Apr 21, 2024, 21:3204/21/24
Apr 21, 2024, 21:32(edited)
11/16/20
kramaswamy.kr

Agree very much with this. 

He has champs for unm cb team, decent arena comps, and general dungeon teams. Can safley assume he lacks the gear and knowledge to complete any of these currently.

OP stop wasting resources leveling and ascending and awkening everyone. Only invest resources into champions you will be taking to 60.

Apr 21, 2024, 22:0904/21/24
Apr 21, 2024, 22:14(edited)
07/01/22
Sir Kyle

What's wrong with my team composition?

i

You've got lots of great champions and should be in Gold V with no issue. How you're not clearing Dragon and IG 20 on auto is confusing. All I can assume is its a gear issue, which is solved by doing those dungeons on stage 16 then 20. Deacon, Pythion, Godseeker, Martyr, Rathalos, Scyl, Walking Tomb and Staltus. Hell even Deliana and Arch Bishop.

You should also be clearing Hydra every week on at least Normal if not Hard (doing enough damage for top chest). Hard might take you two keys but Normal should only take one.

You don't wanna do 1st Turn Nuke but you want to survive it? Stoneskin (for your gear) is the best chance you have. Also you'll get Mithrala. There's SO Many teams with a beast Pythion having like 400-600 Resist that survives the nuke and then brings everyone back. Pair him with UDK and then bring two DPS and you're golden. Hell if you hate UDK so much, that's what Ronda is for. She flat out knocks him out of the fight with her A2.

Don't try to copy the teams you see on Defense. Since they're AI people make them differently. Go to Live Arena and spend some time in Bronze and you'll get a better idea of how to build a offense team.

But above all else please do more content. City, Doom Tower, Faction Wars are all free sources of great gear. You've been here for 6 days less than me. I'm assuming you're F2P but you have champs that can do Ultra Nightmare 2 key. Seriously, in 3 months if you focus on that content you aren't doing, you'll be on Hard Mode dungeons, Hard Doom Tower and you'll easily EASILY be Gold V in Arena

Apr 21, 2024, 22:2304/21/24
07/01/22

Here I'll build your team for you to do Dragon 20 (you may have to manual a few stages to get to 20)

Staltus, Pythion, Rathalos, Scyl and UDK. That's a very safe team that might take a bit to clear Rounds 1 and 2 but you should have no issue being on Auto. You've got 2 AOE stuns and good aoe damage. You've got survivability. Hell you can swap UDK for Martyr, her AOE Counterattack and AOE Provoke is even more CC and DPS. If you are hiding Artak somewhere or you have some other AOE HP Burn (other than Tomb) bring them instead of Martyr or UDK.

Apr 21, 2024, 22:3404/21/24
06/25/20

You don't need to overthink it. Pythion + Martyr + any other three will do the job. Just use who you already have at 60.

Apr 22, 2024, 03:5504/22/24
07/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

You don't need to overthink it. Pythion + Martyr + any other three will do the job. Just use who you already have at 60.

My thought process is the lack of gear and them being unbooked (most likely) is going to make the stages take a bit longer so survivability is gonna be more important. A slow and steady approach. Right now is a great time to do it though with the 3x speed event

Apr 22, 2024, 04:5504/22/24
07/07/22

Reason I am leveling the Champs I have is because I really like Sacred Order and Banner Lords. As you might tell from my Avatar, I am all about the Knights in Shining armor archetype.

So I am hoping to progress in the game using Sacred Order and Banner Lords and if I need to dip into High Elves, Shadowkin or Barbarians, that's not so bad.