All Categories

Hydra Clash

Hydra Clash

Search
Apr 17, 2024, 08:4404/17/24
02/28/22

Hydra Clash

There appear to be two constants in my clans Hydra clash battles

1  As a low level clan every week we average about 400 - 450 M depending if everyone bothers 

2  We always end up in 4th or 5th place as the clans that finish in the top three places in our group always average 750M +

When I said 'if everyone bothers' that's why - it's not worth it for most folk, a lot don't make the first chest - and whilst I appreciate everyone progresses in Raid low level clans aren't making up 300M + in a week

So the matching is screwed or they just can't be bothered with low level clans 

Hydra clash should encourage participation, if we're always grouped with clans we can't compete with it has the opposite effect - we can't be the only clan this happens to but I guess nobody is really bothered

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Apr 17, 2024, 17:2804/17/24
02/24/19

Heya Ratted. Would love to see some matchup screens moving forward, of final results. Would help my reports. :)

Apr 17, 2024, 18:4304/17/24
05/26/22

All I want is a setting for hydra that I can put on my champions that says, "Don't be stupid". I swear they go out of their way to attack the worst possible head. I can't see it but there must be an "outragiously drunk" debuff that gets put on my team. 

Apr 17, 2024, 19:0304/17/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Heya Ratted. Would love to see some matchup screens moving forward, of final results. Would help my reports. :)

i

Matchmaking looked pretty fair in our last clash.  Not sure I've had one this close 1 to 5

Apr 17, 2024, 19:4204/17/24
Apr 17, 2024, 19:47(edited)
06/13/23

Since the matchmaking is based on similar to CvC where it reads the points of the last few and places against each other some clans don't participate fully in a few to make it easier for future rounds for them. Bomb 2 then win 2-3 type of thing. Like I think 3 and 4 weeks back the clan I'm in we were 3rd/4th we weren't fully committing to it. But the last few ones we've been placing first now because of that. 

i

Above is mine that ended today. I only used 2 keys on this one. But can see us in first are just about 3x those in 5th, 2x those in 4th. 1st to 3rd were all at or around 900M last night. I then did my 2 keys moving us from 3rd to 1st and the other clans weren't able to catch back up. 

Looking at the who actually got a reward from the Clash. (35M+ damage) 

• My clan in 1st place has 5 people that got something from it. 
  • 2nd place has 10 people that got something.
  • 3rd place has 4 people that got something.

----------------

• 4th place if they ranked would have had 5 people get something.
  • 5th place if they ranked only had 2 people above 35M

Between the top clans like in Trips SS yeah they'll all be close. I've noticed in lower clans like mine and probably Ratted's is similar there is a big gap between some of the damage. 

Apr 17, 2024, 19:5104/17/24
12/19/19

To be blunt, the 35M minimum is basically plarium saying clash isn't designed for you... it's not early game content 

Apr 17, 2024, 20:1904/17/24
06/13/23

I consider 35M obtainable early game content. It is especially easy early game if you're in a guild that has all difficulties unlocked. 

Like my clan we sometimes kill Hard, but we have Nightmare unlocked. So getting 35M is actually a lot easier than if the clan only had Normal and Hard for people. Before I was in this clan I was in one that only had Normal and Hard. This made it very hard to get 35M points to start getting the gear from Clash chests when starting out. Then I switched to this clan that had them all and getting 35M points became a cake walk. And now a days I get 350M+ points from 2 keys, but that's mostly just because MH Archer. 

In the creator f2p event there were people doing over 50M in Hydra in the 90 days of starting out. They got lucky with what champions they pulled though. Which like anything in this game RNG be RNG for what teams you can make for points. 

Apr 19, 2024, 11:4204/19/24
02/28/22
Trips

To be blunt, the 35M minimum is basically plarium saying clash isn't designed for you... it's not early game content 

That's just wrong though, if someone can do 7m and get a Warrior Chest on normal why shouldn't they be able to participate and gain rewards in the clash?

Basically a clan might have 20 players who can around 7M, four or five who can get good numbers, if one week everyone participates and the clan get in the top three only 4 or 5 members ger rewarded

That attitude is not helpful for anybody and will never promote participation

Apr 19, 2024, 13:3204/19/24
12/19/19
Ratted

That's just wrong though, if someone can do 7m and get a Warrior Chest on normal why shouldn't they be able to participate and gain rewards in the clash?

Basically a clan might have 20 players who can around 7M, four or five who can get good numbers, if one week everyone participates and the clan get in the top three only 4 or 5 members ger rewarded

That attitude is not helpful for anybody and will never promote participation

By early game, I mean VERY EARLY GAME. See dehawks post, 50m on 90 day accounts.  Obviously those are experienced players, but getting to 35M seems a reasonable hurdle.  Incentive to progress beyond 7M.

Apr 19, 2024, 14:1604/19/24
11/16/20

hydra clash is terribly designed.

Apr 19, 2024, 14:4604/19/24
06/07/21
harleQuinn

Having only been 1st (not), 2nd (once), or 3rd (not) in the last 6 Clashes (mostly 5th place, is there some way to add placement in the matching?  It is hard to get Clan Members to particapate when we're always getting kicked to the curb.

We have people who have given up on even trying for Clash Chests and only just getting a top chest on what ever level Hydra they can.

It seem we are Always Matched against the same type of teams.  Even if we only put up 3.2 - 4.0 we are always pulling 6.8 to 10+ Clans in the next Clash.

Apr 19, 2024, 17:0704/19/24
02/28/22
0osik

Having only been 1st (not), 2nd (once), or 3rd (not) in the last 6 Clashes (mostly 5th place, is there some way to add placement in the matching?  It is hard to get Clan Members to particapate when we're always getting kicked to the curb.

We have people who have given up on even trying for Clash Chests and only just getting a top chest on what ever level Hydra they can.

It seem we are Always Matched against the same type of teams.  Even if we only put up 3.2 - 4.0 we are always pulling 6.8 to 10+ Clans in the next Clash.

Yep that's our story, and in all probability many many low level clans

Probably good if you're a clan who does 750M always getting matched with clans who do 450M though

It just seems the same week in week out

Apr 19, 2024, 18:0304/19/24
12/16/21

I've said it many times now;

They need to lower the minimum for clash rewards.

I *HATE* seeing lower level guys in my clan put in *hours* to do their best and help the clan, and then get nothing for it if we finish in the top 3

Apr 19, 2024, 20:0304/19/24
12/19/19
MooredRat

I've said it many times now;

They need to lower the minimum for clash rewards.

I *HATE* seeing lower level guys in my clan put in *hours* to do their best and help the clan, and then get nothing for it if we finish in the top 3

Are they actually lower level or just not interested in progressing hydra? Serious question.  I mean all the free champs released over last 6 months plus...

I'm admittedly out of touch of what early game is like.

Apr 19, 2024, 20:3404/19/24
12/16/21

*Most* of them 2 key UNM and farm normal 20 dungeons, some are still working towards that.

A lot of people with jobs and families and other interests in addition to RSL don't have the time to do all the fusions, let alone put hours into hydra every week.

Or so I've been informed 😋

And there's a very steep learning curve to figuring out how best to deal with hydra at any given turn. I just kinda randomly flailed at it for the first couple months until i got the hang of what works and what doesn't.

Really need to get around to writing a primer for the cluster.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:4804/24/24
02/28/22
harleQuinn

Hi, thanks for this - first week - our usual fourth place 450M and as I said the winning clans are way ahead of us - first time I can remember being matched with a clan that does 1261 though, usually it's in the 750 - 850 range - 5th placed clan is probably not greatly pleased with the match up either

IMO if you can get a chest you should get a reward and rewards should scale down from 1st to 5th place

i

Apr 24, 2024, 12:3704/24/24
12/19/19
Ratted

Hi, thanks for this - first week - our usual fourth place 450M and as I said the winning clans are way ahead of us - first time I can remember being matched with a clan that does 1261 though, usually it's in the 750 - 850 range - 5th placed clan is probably not greatly pleased with the match up either

IMO if you can get a chest you should get a reward and rewards should scale down from 1st to 5th place

i

So your clan used 24 keys and you blame the matchups? 

So we've gone from asking for more freebies and participation trophies to...

Wanting late game rewards without participating?

2 things need to happen:

1) effort to reach 30m

2) effort to use 3 keys

Someone needs to start a thread with worst teams doing 10M+ on hard. 

Apr 24, 2024, 13:3404/24/24
02/28/22
Trips

So your clan used 24 keys and you blame the matchups? 

So we've gone from asking for more freebies and participation trophies to...

Wanting late game rewards without participating?

2 things need to happen:

1) effort to reach 30m

2) effort to use 3 keys

Someone needs to start a thread with worst teams doing 10M+ on hard. 

Your view - however we have 25 folk in the clan, most will use a key and get the 6M chest on normal, there is no incentive for them to use three keys, and it does not matter how many keys are used, if our total weekly is 450M we should get matched like that

I know you're end game in a strong clan and your attitude is generally get better and don't complain but sometimes your comments just  come across as intolerant and arrogant

Apr 24, 2024, 14:0004/24/24
12/19/19
Ratted

Your view - however we have 25 folk in the clan, most will use a key and get the 6M chest on normal, there is no incentive for them to use three keys, and it does not matter how many keys are used, if our total weekly is 450M we should get matched like that

I know you're end game in a strong clan and your attitude is generally get better and don't complain but sometimes your comments just  come across as intolerant and arrogant

I'm intolerant of complete lack of effort.  I give the same arrogant BS to lategamers refusing to try on Amius.
I deservedly get razzed for my laziness and stupid crap I do....

Admittedly arrrogant, but 10M on hard is 20M points.

People using 1 key and doing minimum 6M on normal and thats it don't deserve rewards.

Your screeenshot shows rank order placing is based entirely on key usage.  All 5 clans suck equally (LOL) some just were willing to suck 3x instead of once.

I honestly don't know how difficult it is to get 30M or 35M.  How many in your clan have Arbiter? I think an entire team can be made of login champs?  Wukong is amazing on lower difficulties

Apr 24, 2024, 14:0904/24/24
12/19/19
Ratted

My attitude is get better, I'm willing to help every member in your clan get to 35M.  I'll hop in your discord or we can do 1 member a day in this thread.

Apr 24, 2024, 15:0704/24/24
02/28/22
Trips

My attitude is get better, I'm willing to help every member in your clan get to 35M.  I'll hop in your discord or we can do 1 member a day in this thread.

I do get what you're saying, and I didn't actually intend to insult you but reading back I can see that I could have so I apologise for that.  I do often find your comments useful, however in this case we really are low level and don't have Clan rules, and thank you for your offer but we don't have Discord.

A lot won't have finished the Arbiter missions and can probably build one team to get one chest on normal, that may be the first or the 6M chest but using more keys wouldn't do anything really,  I guess I'd just like to see some rewards for participants who get a chest, even if fifth place in the clash got one piece of gear and a bit of silver that would encourage participation and stop the have and have nots in the clash.  And it would show Plarium have considered lesser clans and players