All Categories

A suggestion on how opening shards could be improved

Search
Oct 11, 2019, 07:3210/11/19
07/03/19

Hi all, 

I have been playing this game now for roughly 6 months, reached level 60, doing most dungeons on 14 or 15. I'm a F2P kind of guy and enjoy the game this way. 

I have however been extremely unlucky with pulling champs from crystals.

I have NO Legendaries, a few good epics - Royal Guard, Gorgorab, Jareg and the normal rares that most other people also have - the starter heroes and Apoth. No good Void champs. 

I would suggest to at least not always have really crappy odds of getting a "good" champion, that you build in an increased percentage of getting a rare hero every time I open a green shard, increased percentage of getting an epic and legendary when opening a blue shard and same for void and yellow shards. 

So basically it would look like this:

Base % of getting a rare champion from opening a green shard is 1,4% - with each green shard I open and do not get a rare champion that number increases by 0,5% or so. When I finally receive a rare champion, the bonus % resets to 1,4% again. 

And then apply a % increase for epics and legendaries for blue, purple and yellow crystals.

Just my thoughts. Let me know yours. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 11, 2019, 12:2610/11/19
07/11/19

This has already been suggested a lot of times and Plarium even said they are thinking on something like that.

They, however, also said they want rare stuff to be rare, so I wouldn't get you hopes high.

Also Plarium is pretty busy adding new content and it looks like they don't have a lot of time for improving existing game mechanics.
Oct 12, 2019, 00:0210/12/19
Oct 12, 2019, 00:14(edited)
06/21/19

I find that my luck is better when I save shards and open them in batches. It is all random though, so I don't know if that effect is real.

Also, if you are going to incrementally increase the odds, you don't have to start at that high of a percentage. Putting a cap on the odds and lowering the rate of increase would probably make the suggestion more appealing.
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Oct 12, 2019, 00:1110/12/19
09/18/18

Hello

As others have stated, this has been highlighted already (this isn't a bad thing... more like Support the cause type thing :) )

Rng can be cruel but it can also be nice to you, the way of RNG, but what I have read in the past is that Plarium was working on a royalty program though that was some time ago, so let's hope they look to add something like this soon, I'll also forward this suggestion to the CM's devs, and if I hear any news back ill update this thread.

Good luck and have fun.