Whats the point of primal shards?

Whats the point of primal shards?

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Sep 14, 2023, 02:4309/14/23
02/24/19
Angwil

I just don't get what the big deal is.  There are only four so every time you get one the odds of getting a dupe goes up 25%.  

anyone that has 4, 2 of them will be dups.  In no time whales will have all 4 and stop spending.  

zero spent from that point until

Then they will trickle out one or two new mythical at time to open their wallets.

in the meantime, it has ZERO affect on my game!

I'm still tired of your common sense approach in our rage threads.

Where's the rioting? Didn't we talk about this, how other people having Mythical champs magically prevents your teams from working anymore?

Sep 14, 2023, 02:5409/14/23
06/20/19
harleQuinn

Where's the rioting? Didn't we talk about this, how other people having Mythical champs magically prevents your teams from working anymore?

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Sep 14, 2023, 03:0209/14/23
06/25/20

i

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 14, 2023, 03:2509/14/23
02/24/19
Trips

i

This guy buying a few packs 

Guy doesn't seem to be using those in Tag yet.....

i

...just showing off, I guess. :D :D

Sep 14, 2023, 04:2209/14/23
06/25/20

Alright so I finally got around to looking at them... my thoughts:

• Siegfrund - *shrug*. Don't think he's gonna change things much.
  • Gharol - the offense form seems pretty interesting, but I'm not blown away either.
  • Arbais - another *shrug*.
  • Mezomel - k this guy looks strong af. Dependent on multipliers of course, but that A2 just seems absolutely lethal, especially combined with the A3.
  • Fronli - *shrug*

So, overall, one that will absolutely see arena use. The other four aren't bad, don't get me wrong, and their utility in having a very wide range of abilities is probably going to make them an auto-include on any team - but they aren't going to change things up significantly. Mezomel is the only one you'll be seeing plenty of, in the same manner as, say, Georgid. And, given they require a new resource (Mythical Tomes) which, as far as I'm aware, don't drop anywhere yet, AND they need a full set *per form*? I'm not gonna lose sleep over these guys.

Sep 14, 2023, 14:1309/14/23
05/21/22
harleQuinn

I like how you refer to game community disappointment and feeling ripped off as "rage". I have not seen anything comparable to rage. Maybe instead of sarcasm, actually take the feedback whether bad or good, and do something productive with it that would make the game better and more enjoyable  for everyone.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 14, 2023, 15:4309/14/23
Sep 14, 2023, 15:44(edited)
12/30/20
MONK€YLORD

I like how you refer to game community disappointment and feeling ripped off as "rage". I have not seen anything comparable to rage. Maybe instead of sarcasm, actually take the feedback whether bad or good, and do something productive with it that would make the game better and more enjoyable  for everyone.

I see you are a bit confused, let me clarify a few things for you. 

1) If you haven't noticed rage, you haven't been looking for it or are ignoring it. It's there across the different platforms Raid is discussed on, including this forum. 

2) Being demanding just makes you look like a jerk. Quinn, myself and other moderators aren't Plarium employees and we spend a considerable amount of our free time bringing forward community feedback whether good or bad. 

As such, our roles as moderators don't preclude us from having senses of humor or you know, just being people and not jukeboxes meant to be yelled entitled requests at. 

Hope that helps. 

Sep 14, 2023, 16:2709/14/23
06/02/22

Hi, each and every time I have faced one of these game breaker new champs in the arena, I have beaten them with little or no problem. Always thought their was too many champs in the game, so adding new ones makes not one jot of difference to me. Do agree that the summon chance for them is a tad low, but to be fair it's about income generation rather than anything else. They add the chance to get primal fragments from hydra. 

Sep 14, 2023, 17:4109/14/23
06/20/19
Swiftblade

My possible reactions to this:

a) Be jealous. But that is such a waste of my emotions, it's not worth it.

b) Be like "what the hell, already?". But should i be that surprised? Out of 100000 players, some will be dumb and spend a BMW's worth of money on a dumb video game.

c) Say "Good for him" But what does that mean? His wife is probably gonna divorce him when she finds out he spent thousands on pixels instead of buying her some jewelry. So how is that good for him....

d) Be like "OMG, this guy is gonna dominate, and he will break the game and so i should quit". Although not true, this might be the best course of action LOL

Diamonds or pixels, same value.  Food, clothing, shelter, transportation? Real value.

Sep 14, 2023, 17:5409/14/23
05/26/22
Angwil

Diamonds or pixels, same value.  Food, clothing, shelter, transportation? Real value.

Agreed, wether you are spending a 1,000 dollars on golf clubs, diamonds, etc. it is all the same. It is for your enjoymnet and not for any real need. If someone wants to spend their money on digital assets and they have the free money to do it, more power to them. 

I personally wouldn't but I would buy a 1K watch and have. 

Sep 14, 2023, 19:4009/14/23
06/20/19
Shibb

Agreed, wether you are spending a 1,000 dollars on golf clubs, diamonds, etc. it is all the same. It is for your enjoymnet and not for any real need. If someone wants to spend their money on digital assets and they have the free money to do it, more power to them. 

I personally wouldn't but I would buy a 1K watch and have. 

Believe me. I have my toys ):

Sep 15, 2023, 10:5009/15/23
11/19/22
Fathertron

I find all the outrage about mythicals and primal shards odd. I also play Summoners War, where their equivalent of a void shard comes with a 0.3% chance of getting a legendary, there's no mercy system, they are hard to get for free, but in the shop you're talking around £50 for one single void shard plus resources. And yet, Summoners War has a great and active community, and their live arena esport channel is great fun to watch. Void legnedaries are very desirable in that game, yet it's not hard to come across them in PvP. Heck, even I managed to get one after 6 months of play and am hoping for another soon. Somehow that 0.3% chance hasn't ruined my game. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about in Raid. 

Then again, the biggest YouTuber for SW has just announced that he's leaving the game as his views have been in slow decline for years and now no longer provides enough income for him to do it full time. So, maybe the SW pricing model doesn't work so well after all!

Sep 17, 2023, 00:2909/17/23
04/25/23

First free red I cracked I got Mezomel. I dont keep up with the news and didn't know Mythic's were going to be a thing until I started up the game that day and there it was. Thought it was a neat character concept - the shape shift looked cool but seemed annoying that you had to manually shift modes. Really I has assumed everybodies first red would drop a Mythic for them...get everybody excited about getting more Primal shards? I guess not. The second free red - I pulled a blue - not sure what one - was also watching tv...so I just poked at the screen until it went away and thought "Well...so much for the red crystals" 😛 Couln't believe that something that was supposed to be one step higher than Sacred would be allowed to drop Ancient toons - even a Sacred drops a Void - Ancient just seems like insult to injury.

Sep 17, 2023, 09:0109/17/23

Hahaha. Too small sample size.

Sep 20, 2023, 09:2009/20/23
Sep 22, 2023, 13:34(edited)
09/20/23
WorseThanSmoking

First free red I cracked I got Mezomel. I dont keep up with the news and didn't know Mythic's were going to be a thing until I started up the game that day and there it was. Thought it was a neat character concept - the shape shift looked cool but seemed annoying that you had to manually shift modes. Really I has assumed everybodies first red would drop a Mythic for them...get everybody excited about getting more Primal shards? I guess not. The second free red - I pulled a blue - not sure what one - was also watching tv...so I just poked at the screen until it went away and thought "Well...so much for the red crystals" 😛 Couln't believe that something that was supposed to be one step higher than Sacred would be allowed to drop Ancient toons - even a Sacred drops a Void - Ancient just seems like insult to injury.

I think they could do better if they made mythics more accessible. I understand that they are supposed to be rare, but I think it would be fair if every player could get at least one free mythic. 

Review is here aviator-fun.com

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 20, 2023, 12:1909/20/23
02/24/19
paullip

I think they could do better if they made mythics more accessible. I understand that they are supposed to be rare, but I think it would be fair if every player could get at least one free mythic. 

Review is here aviator-fun.com

There is content coming that will actually enable every player to get a mythic! More news on this coming soon. :D

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 20, 2023, 14:1709/20/23
02/24/19
MONK€YLORD

I feel properly chastised by your entitlement. I will work hard to remove my sense of humor. Thanks for the advice!

Sep 20, 2023, 14:3709/20/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I feel properly chastised by your entitlement. I will work hard to remove my sense of humor. Thanks for the advice!

😆 🤣 

I find it easier to just be straight condescending and rude than to incorporate a bit of dry humor that   is incomprehensible by the entitlement generation.  That and I am not that funny. 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 20, 2023, 14:5609/20/23
02/24/19
Trips

😆 🤣 

I find it easier to just be straight condescending and rude than to incorporate a bit of dry humor that   is incomprehensible by the entitlement generation.  That and I am not that funny. 

My whole personality is dry humor. I need it too. Take that away and I'm just some random girl.