All Categories

Post Maintenance Freeze caused me to Lose Kymar

Search
Aug 1, 2023, 14:2508/01/23
04/16/22

I am sick to my stomach. I am on EST timezone and the tournament ended at 4:40AM my time. I hung back from my opponent in first place with the plan of pulling several legendary champions out of my summoning portal right before the end of the tournament. I set an alarm for 4:29AM, woke up, logged in and immediately got a message that server maintenance was about to start. I immediately tried to start pulling my fragment champs and was kicked out. 

I furiously tried to log in over and over again. server maintenance ended and I was able to get back into the game with one minute and 20 seconds left in the tournament. I started pulling immediately. I pulled five or six fragment legendaries from the portal and after clicking on the VERY LAST champion that would've won me the tournament, the game froze on the screen that shows them "cracking" through their statue casing. 

I was freaking out because it was just stuck there. no points came up, the champions animation never played, it just froze. I forced closed, came back into the champ and immediately pulled another fragment legendary from the portal to try and ensure the win. But it didnt register any points for my first pull that froze and the next pull after logging in must have been happening at the exact same time i pulled the last champion.

So, I threw away 130 Voids (months and months of saving), 4K mystery shards, almost 1000 gems (to increase my champion inventory space) and 6 or 7 legendary fragments from the portal all for nothing.

I'm so upset after saving for so long and throwing a ton of resources at this only to have maintenance over the last 10 minutes of the tourney. I could've lived with that if the game didn't freeze on my LAST champion pull that would've won me the tournament.

I opened a ticket with support and they basically said that I should've planned better. How am I supposed to plan for maintenance like that?

Sorry to vent guys. It's just that I've been a loyal player for years and I don't know how to plan for maintenance that blocks the most important part of the tournament (the last 10-15 minute). I just feel so hung out to dry over this whole debacle and I'm at a loss. Hope you guys had better luck :(

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2023, 14:5308/01/23
12/18/19

Lol even reading this makes be furious, cant imagine how you feel...shit like this is why we need laws against combining some rope, a bag of cement and sea 😂

Aug 1, 2023, 14:5808/01/23
04/16/22

Its honestly depressing. Does anyone know anyone who I could reach out to about this? I know that Plarium can see from their records that I was logged in just before maintenance, logged back in immediately after and was pulling champs. I found the number one guy's clan and his account wasn't even logged in while I was pulling so I know I would've won if the game didn't freeze. 

Aug 1, 2023, 15:0508/01/23
06/25/20

There's absolutely nothing you can do, unfortunately.

Aug 1, 2023, 15:1208/01/23
04/16/22

@kramaswamy.kr thats depressing man. Thanks for the reply though 

Aug 1, 2023, 17:1408/01/23
06/20/19

My sympathies.  That's sad and I cant images how you feel.

Aug 1, 2023, 17:5008/01/23
04/16/22

@Angwil thanks man. I'm gutted over it. I heard stories of plarium giving people back their rare fusion champs that they accidentally fed so I was hoping a mod or someone here would have mercy on my soul 

Aug 1, 2023, 18:2708/01/23
12/19/19
Mont_ster

@Angwil thanks man. I'm gutted over it. I heard stories of plarium giving people back their rare fusion champs that they accidentally fed so I was hoping a mod or someone here would have mercy on my soul 

Take a chance with another ticket.... are you a spender?

Aug 1, 2023, 19:1708/01/23
04/16/22
Trips

Take a chance with another ticket.... are you a spender?

@trips a few hundred over the lifetime of the account, so nothing crazy. 

My main issue is that I pulled Arix out of the portal while the tourney was still active, the game froze, I had to force close and re log in. When I got back in, Arix was in my inventory (proof that it registered on their severes) but I didnt get any points. I have asked them specifically if they can see on their side that I pulled Arix while the tournament was active and they haven't replied yet. Is it best to wait for their reply or open a new ticket you think? 

Aug 1, 2023, 19:3508/01/23
10/01/22

tbh i thought to my self this morning that the timing of that update was incredibly bad, plarium if you have a decent bone in ur body give this man the champ he should rightfully have, how dare you do server maintance just before it ends and then blame the player base for not doing it in better timing, we all know people pull resources at last min to come top of tournys so to me plariums response to you via email is a joke, id be absolutely pissed.

Aug 1, 2023, 19:5208/01/23
04/16/22

@oblivion01332 thanks, im glad there are some people that agree with me. They seem to be ignoring the simple fact that Arix was pulled while the tourney was still going but I didn't get the points for him (that 500 points wouldve won the tourney for me). I've asked them to verify that piece of info and I haven't heard back from them sense. Hopefuly that means they are pushing things up the chain of command but who knows?

Aug 1, 2023, 20:0108/01/23
Aug 2, 2023, 01:22(edited)
10/01/22
Mont_ster

@oblivion01332 thanks, im glad there are some people that agree with me. They seem to be ignoring the simple fact that Arix was pulled while the tourney was still going but I didn't get the points for him (that 500 points wouldve won the tourney for me). I've asked them to verify that piece of info and I haven't heard back from them sense. Hopefuly that means they are pushing things up the chain of command but who knows?

tbh if you pulled that last champ and diddnt see it open, but arix was in ur inventory aterwards it must mean you did pull it during the event, in my eyes plarium dont have a leg to stand on in this, they should correct their mistake but iv also experienced plariums support first hand, ... but hopefully a mod on this forum can get this pushed for u and get plarium to do the right thing.

i also dont think the other guy in ur tourny should lose the champ either, its plariums mistake so you should both get one.

mod note: please stay away from foul language insults 

Aug 1, 2023, 20:1008/01/23
04/16/22
oblivion01332

tbh if you pulled that last champ and diddnt see it open, but arix was in ur inventory aterwards it must mean you did pull it during the event, in my eyes plarium dont have a leg to stand on in this, they should correct their mistake but iv also experienced plariums support first hand, ... but hopefully a mod on this forum can get this pushed for u and get plarium to do the right thing.

i also dont think the other guy in ur tourny should lose the champ either, its plariums mistake so you should both get one.

mod note: please stay away from foul language insults 

I agree. I don't want the champ taken from the other player, he did nothing wrong. I just want someone at support to acknowledge the problem instead of saying "you should've planned better" or sending me directions on how to check my wifi connection. Any idea how to get a mods attention? Thank you for your time btw 

Aug 1, 2023, 20:1408/01/23
Aug 1, 2023, 20:33(edited)
10/01/22
Mont_ster

I agree. I don't want the champ taken from the other player, he did nothing wrong. I just want someone at support to acknowledge the problem instead of saying "you should've planned better" or sending me directions on how to check my wifi connection. Any idea how to get a mods attention? Thank you for your time btw 

there are several mods on this forum who are fairly active, i have no doubt one of them should respond to this before the day is over. 

@ShortOnSkillz 

@harleQuinn 

@dthorne04 

Aug 1, 2023, 20:1808/01/23
04/16/22

@oblivion01332 ok great. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help 

Aug 1, 2023, 22:5108/01/23
Aug 3, 2023, 01:26(edited)
04/16/22

UPDATE: plarium just acknowledged that I pulled Arix at 8:38AM UTC but they are saying that the tournament only ran until 8AM UTC (which was not true for my tournament grouping). 

I sent them time stamped screen shots from 8:30AM UTC that shows my tournament group with 9 minutes and 10 seconds remaining. We will see what they say to that. 

Aug 1, 2023, 23:0908/01/23
12/19/19
Mont_ster

UPDATE: plarium just acknowledged that I pulled Arix at 8:38AM UTC but they are saying that the tournament only ran until 8AM UTC (which was not true for my tournament grouping). 

I sent them time stamped screen shots from 8:30AM UTC that shows my tournament group with 9 minutes and 10 seconds remaining. We will see what they say to that. 

Sounds like your case is getting stronger.   I gave 0% chance (I am on your side though btw 😆) of a positive outcome before this information. 

I'll sign your kymar petition! Though that might hurt your case.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 2, 2023, 01:1108/02/23
Aug 2, 2023, 01:11(edited)
02/24/19
Mont_ster

Heya, Mod here! Thanks for the pings everyone.

First of all, I hate to hear you missed out, and by the slimmest of margins on a game freeze.

But on the good side, you've already taken the right steps towards your best chance at a remedy. Why don't you shoot me a DM here on the forums or through your Plarium Play app?  We can chat about this further and see if there's something I can do to help 

Aug 2, 2023, 02:1208/02/23
05/03/20
Trips

Sounds like your case is getting stronger.   I gave 0% chance (I am on your side though btw 😆) of a positive outcome before this information. 

I'll sign your kymar petition! Though that might hurt your case.

Your biggest problem is that if they give you Kymar they are setting a precedent for every server maintenace in the future.  Good luck.  

Aug 2, 2023, 02:1608/02/23
04/16/22
harleQuinn

Heya, Mod here! Thanks for the pings everyone.

First of all, I hate to hear you missed out, and by the slimmest of margins on a game freeze.

But on the good side, you've already taken the right steps towards your best chance at a remedy. Why don't you shoot me a DM here on the forums or through your Plarium Play app?  We can chat about this further and see if there's something I can do to help 

Thank you for the reply! I've sent you a DM

Aug 2, 2023, 02:2108/02/23
04/16/22
ClosedPoly

Your biggest problem is that if they give you Kymar they are setting a precedent for every server maintenace in the future.  Good luck.  

Maybe but the timing of the update was still terrible. 

Why would they decide to do it at the end of a huge tournament, when many people will be hard pulling instead of taking the first 10 or 15 minutes out of non-personal CvC that has days left to go? It doesn't even make financial sense for them to do that 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.