All Categories

Scarab King Floor 100 Hard

Search
Jul 15, 2023, 01:3907/15/23
10/04/22

Cant keep my people alive. HELP! =0) Who should I use for this?

i

Views
Comments
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jul 15, 2023, 01:4607/15/23
06/24/19

I see 2 Alures so you should be able to control the TM.  

Alure / Alure / Miscreated Monster / Psylar / Deacon should work.  Can swap our MM for another damage dealer if you have Bloodshield accessories available for everyone. 

Jul 15, 2023, 01:4607/15/23
10/04/22
ShortOnSkillz

Alure / Alure / Miscreated Monster / Psylar / Deacon should work.  Can swap our MM for another damage dealer if you have Bloodshield accessories available for everyone. 

Bloodshield?

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jul 15, 2023, 01:4707/15/23
06/24/19
_Hutch_

Bloodshield?

Accessories you get from CvC.  They give you a shield based on damage dealt.  You don't care about the size of the shield, just that one exists when fighting Scarab.

Jul 15, 2023, 01:5807/15/23
10/04/22
ShortOnSkillz

my Alure TM debuffs arent landing...

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jul 15, 2023, 02:0307/15/23
06/24/19
_Hutch_

my Alure TM debuffs arent landing...

You probably need more accuracy in your builds then.  There's also the chance of weak hits but with 2 of them they should be able to control the Turn Meter.

Jul 15, 2023, 02:1207/15/23
10/04/22
ShortOnSkillz

You probably need more accuracy in your builds then.  There's also the chance of weak hits but with 2 of them they should be able to control the Turn Meter.

thx.  do you know what the ACC needs to be? and when you say control you mean lock down like in Fire Knight?

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 15, 2023, 04:3607/15/23
12/30/20
_Hutch_

thx.  do you know what the ACC needs to be? and when you say control you mean lock down like in Fire Knight?

350+ for Hard 100 Scarab assuming no accuracy boost from another champion or aura, and she'll need to be crit capped of course

and yes that's what he means. if done properly then Scarab should never take a turn

Jul 15, 2023, 10:0507/15/23
10/01/22

you can also use a psn champion to solo scarab, ur bad el might work if hes in regen set and high hp/def.

i personally use orn for hard floor scarab, hes low resist so even when he enters provoke cycle he will just keeping casting a1 and psn it (yes psn bypasses shield)

Jul 15, 2023, 11:3807/15/23
10/04/22

every time I am hitting Scarab, he is hitting me... not even when it is his turn.  i havent been able to find the right balance btwn TM control and shields.... ARGGGHHHHH! =0)

cc @oblivion01332 @ShortOnSkillz @dthorne04 

Jul 15, 2023, 12:1707/15/23
10/04/22

maybe my question should be a GEAR question and less about a skills question?  What gear should be fighting Scarab 100?

Jul 15, 2023, 13:0507/15/23
Jul 15, 2023, 13:07(edited)
10/01/22
_Hutch_

maybe my question should be a GEAR question and less about a skills question?  What gear should be fighting Scarab 100?

honestly my method above is probably best for you, the reason hes hitting you more than you think he should is because he has a passive where he will counter attack anyone who attacks him that is NOT under a shield buff, if ur bad el is in regen gear try putting him with a few wave clearers and see if he can solo it, and the ring bloodshield others mentioned gives you a shield when you attack someone, sure the shield sucks most of the time but its that little shield that will prevent him counter hitting you so much.

either this or an army of shielders/healers and just psn him down or whatever method u want to kill him.

Jul 15, 2023, 13:3707/15/23
09/21/20

No offence meant here to the OP but I'm curious - the basic questions you're asking don't seem to correlate to the strength of account you've got there, with many of the best champions that should be able to easily do this content.

You clearly don't know basic scarab mechanics (counter attacks) or know about bloodshield rings or even accuracy requirements and yet you're doing hard DT floor 100 and have a roster like that. How about doing some research yourself on the many websites that are around before resorting to asking everyone else to basically play for you? 

That would help you way more than asking the forum every time you hit a problem.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 15, 2023, 17:4807/15/23
12/30/20
_Hutch_

every time I am hitting Scarab, he is hitting me... not even when it is his turn.  i havent been able to find the right balance btwn TM control and shields.... ARGGGHHHHH! =0)

cc @oblivion01332 @ShortOnSkillz @dthorne04 

need to have shields up when hitting scarab in an alure/ch/similar comp. It's what I run though my first Alure is faster than my shield champ (Miscreated) so she has a Bloodshield ring. 

This means you need to have your abilities timed properly for when you get to the scarab, too. 

Jul 17, 2023, 13:5607/17/23
10/04/22
Drambuie

No offence meant here to the OP but I'm curious - the basic questions you're asking don't seem to correlate to the strength of account you've got there, with many of the best champions that should be able to easily do this content.

You clearly don't know basic scarab mechanics (counter attacks) or know about bloodshield rings or even accuracy requirements and yet you're doing hard DT floor 100 and have a roster like that. How about doing some research yourself on the many websites that are around before resorting to asking everyone else to basically play for you? 

That would help you way more than asking the forum every time you hit a problem.

Thank you for the reply.  I am doing my research - that is why I am here.  If you seek answers differently, I respect that but I find interactive research is much more effective than passive - 'check this site, read this, watch this video' - kind of research.

Style differences. nothing more - nothing less, and no hard feelings.  I appreciate your perspective.

Jul 17, 2023, 13:5807/17/23
Jul 17, 2023, 13:58(edited)
10/04/22
oblivion01332

honestly my method above is probably best for you, the reason hes hitting you more than you think he should is because he has a passive where he will counter attack anyone who attacks him that is NOT under a shield buff, if ur bad el is in regen gear try putting him with a few wave clearers and see if he can solo it, and the ring bloodshield others mentioned gives you a shield when you attack someone, sure the shield sucks most of the time but its that little shield that will prevent him counter hitting you so much.

either this or an army of shielders/healers and just psn him down or whatever method u want to kill him.

So i have been using people with LOTS of shields!  I have 2 valks, Krisk, sometimes Warlord, sometimes UDK, sometimes garkumnaar (SP? - LOL)  serious shild-age but i seem to be out smarting myself somehow. =0)

Jul 17, 2023, 14:0007/17/23
10/04/22
dthorne04

need to have shields up when hitting scarab in an alure/ch/similar comp. It's what I run though my first Alure is faster than my shield champ (Miscreated) so she has a Bloodshield ring. 

This means you need to have your abilities timed properly for when you get to the scarab, too. 

hmmm - could be a speed tuning issue.  I have gone manual and resolved that I need to do so and time all my shields and just be in it for a long fight to move on...  I just havent been able to do it right.  that is why I am thinking I have the wrong gear sets for this battle?

Jul 17, 2023, 14:0607/17/23
06/25/20

Personally, for floor 100 i don't bother with TM. I just don't find it consistent enough. I just run a team of five people with bloodshield and wear the boss down. I don't even run anyone with a Destroy set.

My team is Brogni (lead), Mithrala, Aniri, Geomancer, and Doompriest. I think several don't even have bloodshields - I just rely on the shielding from Mithrala and Brogni to back them up.

Jul 17, 2023, 14:2407/17/23
10/04/22
kramaswamy.kr

Personally, for floor 100 i don't bother with TM. I just don't find it consistent enough. I just run a team of five people with bloodshield and wear the boss down. I don't even run anyone with a Destroy set.

My team is Brogni (lead), Mithrala, Aniri, Geomancer, and Doompriest. I think several don't even have bloodshields - I just rely on the shielding from Mithrala and Brogni to back them up.

good info.  I am a clan leader but we have 8 people and haven't done CvC to get any bloodshield.

Aniri, Geo, and Doom, i have.  No Mithrala yet (hate going against her in Arena - LOL) and no Brogni.

@everyone - IS Gala Longbraid a good option?  seem she places a shield each turn...?

Jul 17, 2023, 14:2607/17/23
10/04/22
oblivion01332

I have Bad El in Swift Perry - should I change that out?

Jul 17, 2023, 15:1107/17/23
Jul 17, 2023, 15:19(edited)
10/01/22
_Hutch_

I have Bad El in Swift Perry - should I change that out?

im not saying bad el can 100% solo him, its a theory, but he would 100% have to be wearing a regen set if he did, with very high hp/def/speed , with a blood ring, i think he has a chance.

this is the method i use for my orn, but the difference with orn is he has a psn on his a1, so even if i get stuck into a provoke cycle orn will keep psning him with a1, but if bad el had blood ring he should be occasionally able to break the cycle of provoke and land psn, and with the healing from regen set / and his a1 he should be able to survive solo assumiung he has enough hp/def.

if u dont have a bloodring, you could try taking another champion that can also do a similar thing in a regen set such as UDK who can apply some extra shield and absorb some hits while bad el is doing his thing, and run it as a 2 man(or at least make sure the others die off before boss fight or very early into it), because if even one of ur team falls into that provoke cycle vs him it can bring the other usually unkillable champions down with them because they are taking far more hits than usual.-