All Categories

Frenzy Set Change- Not a Nerf, but much worse

Search
Jun 8, 2023, 14:2606/08/23
06/08/23

The frenzy set was not nerfed but changed to a different mechanic that has completely different uses than the set had before. This is not ok. People have invested resources into this set for what the original mechanic did not what it will do once the patch drop.

If the community lets this go this sets a precedent for Plarium to take other sets and completely change their uses to better suit their schemes. This kind of change is extremely disruptive to players accounts.

I hope the community and content creators don’t hesitate to put pressure on Plarium to get this change reverted.

Edited out phishing link. -Mod Team

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 8, 2023, 15:3306/08/23
06/05/22

I'm unsure, but I tend to disagree. It's similar to the brimstone situation really. We want a balanced, fun game. Plarium feeling like their hands are tied can lead to a bad state of the game.

Just look at the top tier arena situation. Taras and Marichka are obviously overpowered. Any non-gacha game would have nerfed them months ago. But the fear of pissing whales off prevents Plarium from taking needed action. And the result is that there's currently 96 players in gold live arena. No, I did not miss a zero. Out of the millions of people who play this game every day. For comparison, Gold I in tag is considered extremely hard to reach and there are 17000 players at or above that level.

So while I sympathize with people losing out on some investment, it is a minor issue compared to entire game modes dying. And the same argument can be made for any champion rebalance. I'm sure there's at least one player out there who is enraged because Cillian the lucky was "nerfed". Heck, even going for a guaranteed champ, and then Plarium releases a new champ that supersedes them... you have to count with this kind of stuff happening from time to time.

Jun 8, 2023, 17:3306/08/23
01/21/21
Urlibu FTP

I'm unsure, but I tend to disagree. It's similar to the brimstone situation really. We want a balanced, fun game. Plarium feeling like their hands are tied can lead to a bad state of the game.

Just look at the top tier arena situation. Taras and Marichka are obviously overpowered. Any non-gacha game would have nerfed them months ago. But the fear of pissing whales off prevents Plarium from taking needed action. And the result is that there's currently 96 players in gold live arena. No, I did not miss a zero. Out of the millions of people who play this game every day. For comparison, Gold I in tag is considered extremely hard to reach and there are 17000 players at or above that level.

So while I sympathize with people losing out on some investment, it is a minor issue compared to entire game modes dying. And the same argument can be made for any champion rebalance. I'm sure there's at least one player out there who is enraged because Cillian the lucky was "nerfed". Heck, even going for a guaranteed champ, and then Plarium releases a new champ that supersedes them... you have to count with this kind of stuff happening from time to time.

Ok. I am sorry I have to do this, but I fail to see how any of the points you are making are connected.

The frenzy set change is not similar to the brimstone situation at all. Post-nerf the strategy and purpose of brimstone was still the same which is to land the brimstone debuff, they only changed an aspect of applying the debuff but its purpose remained the same. Whereas with this frenzy change they are completely changing the strategy and purpose of the set by making the turn meter gain based on debuffs instead of loss of HP%. A lot of people were focusing high resistance on their frenzy gear which counteracts with the new mechanic which makes their investment worthless.

What do Taras and Marichka being overpowered or the state of live arena have to do with Frenzy Set? For me, I use my best frenzy gear on two of my strongest champs in live arena. The news of this change to frenzy has already made me lose interest in doing live arena, and when this change takes place I will need to rebuild those champs in new gear and probably my other champs too since it was apart of the strategy I use. I fail to see how this change will improve anything in live arena. I only see it having the opposite effect.

This is not a minor issue because it is in no way helping keep any game modes alive. It is a major disruption to players accounts who use frenzy set. 

Please share a precedent of a champ that was buff/nerfed and their intended use changed? Then maybe you have a point. If you want to compare changing a champ to this change to frenzy set it would be like taking a champ like Krisk and instead of him being a tanky support champ turning him into a squishy attack based nuker. Everyone would be rightfully irrate.

If you never used frenzy set before you probably don't understand how its purpose was changed to something entirely different and far less effective.

Jun 8, 2023, 18:4506/08/23
06/05/22
skippidychicken

Ok. I am sorry I have to do this, but I fail to see how any of the points you are making are connected.

The frenzy set change is not similar to the brimstone situation at all. Post-nerf the strategy and purpose of brimstone was still the same which is to land the brimstone debuff, they only changed an aspect of applying the debuff but its purpose remained the same. Whereas with this frenzy change they are completely changing the strategy and purpose of the set by making the turn meter gain based on debuffs instead of loss of HP%. A lot of people were focusing high resistance on their frenzy gear which counteracts with the new mechanic which makes their investment worthless.

What do Taras and Marichka being overpowered or the state of live arena have to do with Frenzy Set? For me, I use my best frenzy gear on two of my strongest champs in live arena. The news of this change to frenzy has already made me lose interest in doing live arena, and when this change takes place I will need to rebuild those champs in new gear and probably my other champs too since it was apart of the strategy I use. I fail to see how this change will improve anything in live arena. I only see it having the opposite effect.

This is not a minor issue because it is in no way helping keep any game modes alive. It is a major disruption to players accounts who use frenzy set. 

Please share a precedent of a champ that was buff/nerfed and their intended use changed? Then maybe you have a point. If you want to compare changing a champ to this change to frenzy set it would be like taking a champ like Krisk and instead of him being a tanky support champ turning him into a squishy attack based nuker. Everyone would be rightfully irrate.

If you never used frenzy set before you probably don't understand how its purpose was changed to something entirely different and far less effective.

I do understand that the purpose of frenzy was changed. It was a very niche set before.

The connection to the Brimstone change is that people bought souls, developed their account, and so on, around the champions they already had. Then, after sinking in all those resources, Plarium pulled the rug from under us. Oops, suddenly my CB team doesn't have brimstone anymore, and I don't have any champion that could use it, because I can't just rebuild my tanky healer in guardian set with 250 acc without something else starting to go wrong. I was kind of mad at the time, but now I support it (the game really is in a better place after the change).

There's a lot of path dependence in account development. That makes any change to anything cause players to go "if I'd only known that, I would have spent my resources differently".

Jun 8, 2023, 19:4206/08/23
10/01/22

i really think its time plarium just gave us 0 fees on switching gear perma,it will help a lot when they do complete shake ups like the update they are going to do to a bunch of item sets, and similar scenario when they changed awakenings etc.

Jun 8, 2023, 20:0706/08/23
01/21/21
Urlibu FTP

I do understand that the purpose of frenzy was changed. It was a very niche set before.

The connection to the Brimstone change is that people bought souls, developed their account, and so on, around the champions they already had. Then, after sinking in all those resources, Plarium pulled the rug from under us. Oops, suddenly my CB team doesn't have brimstone anymore, and I don't have any champion that could use it, because I can't just rebuild my tanky healer in guardian set with 250 acc without something else starting to go wrong. I was kind of mad at the time, but now I support it (the game really is in a better place after the change).

There's a lot of path dependence in account development. That makes any change to anything cause players to go "if I'd only known that, I would have spent my resources differently".

A lot of people say the set is niche because they only know of 1 or 2 ways to use it, but if you were to ask everyone what they think those niche ways are you'd realize there are a ton of champs that excel using frenzy and that it is being used in almost all areas of the game.

So, basically, your saying the connection between the repurposing of frenzy set and the nerf of brimstone is because they both garner a similar negative reaction. That is a very flimsy connection to base your argument.

If your argument has any merit please share the precedence for repurposing anything in the game that is still widely used. Other games don't do this because it is wrong! Repurposing only happens if something is completely obsolete, and this is not the case with frenzy set.

Jun 8, 2023, 22:1506/08/23
06/25/20

People are only mad because it broke their gimmick bommal team.

Jun 8, 2023, 22:4706/08/23
03/05/19
kramaswamy.kr

People are only mad because it broke their gimmick bommal team.

whos in that "gimmick bommal team" ?

Burangiri equipped in Regeneration Set and Immortal Set eats solo Bommal F90 normal...

takes little bit time 7min cuz hes dmg low hh, but makes job done... 

i

for dt hard dont know but they say can't solo

Jun 8, 2023, 22:5606/08/23
06/25/20

Conellia frenzy.

Jun 16, 2023, 02:2706/16/23
09/13/20

There are a lot of people that uses Frenzy set with Doom Priest vs Bommal 90 Hard in a regular 5 man team. It is by far the best use for that set late game in PvE.

That way is now ruined cause the set was annoying in PvP with overpowered champions Plarium don't know what to do with.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 16, 2023, 05:1706/16/23
02/24/19

Heya frens. The bots are getting pretty smart. I don't even know what to think about these bots.

They stole this thread from REDDIT, then posted it here, then went back and edited in Phising Links. Crazy.