All Categories

Problems with Budget Unkillable

Search
May 29, 2023, 17:1605/29/23
12/05/22

Hi.

I started to build my first BU team with Maneater and Pain Keeper.

I used Occult Brawler (spirit) as Stun Target, and Kael (magic) and Zavia (force) as DPS. The speed, HP, DEF stats are all within the proper range.

The first 2 runs with the void boss go more or less OK: around 25M/key. But I need a 3rd run, and by that time of the day, the boss has changed the affinity. The stuns don't work properly and the run is a disaster.

Many people say it's advisable to have a void champion as stun target but then if one of the dps is weak affinity (which normally is) then it's all messed up again. Does it mean that I need to have, either:

- 1 void Stun Target and 3 sets of 2 DPS (1 set per affinity) ?

-  3 different stun targets (1 per affinity) ?

This is getting more complicated than expected.

I'm sure some people will say: well, do more DPS and then you only need 2 runs. And yes, that would be ideal but not very realistic (from 25 to 35+ is a 40% increase), and my account is still limited (1,2M power).

Anyone has an easy solution and not having 2/3 different teams?

Thanks in advance.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 29, 2023, 17:3305/29/23
May 29, 2023, 17:34(edited)
06/25/20

The problem with that team in general is, as you've noted, affinity messes things up. There isn't really any great workaround for this. CB will pretty much always target weak-affinity if you have one. Your stun target being weak-affinity only works, though, if you have nobody else on the same affinity, or if you're willing to dice-roll on the other weak-affinity targets being less "killable" than the stun target.

As a note - the void champ can NEVER be the stun target, except against void-affinity CB.

As another note - if you're only getting 25M dmg on NM CB with your team, then I'd highly suggest looking into another team. 25M is really not great given the lengths you're forced to go to in order to make the team work. Maybe post your roster?

May 29, 2023, 17:4505/29/23
12/19/19

Use brawler as stun target against all but force, pick a blue champ for that.  You will also need another dps (ideally green like Fayne) to swap in for Kael and zavia when they are weak affinity. 

May 29, 2023, 17:4805/29/23
06/25/20
Trips

Use brawler as stun target against all but force, pick a blue champ for that.  You will also need another dps (ideally green like Fayne) to swap in for Kael and zavia when they are weak affinity. 

Against green affinity, OB can't reliably be the stun target, can it? He'll be the same priority as the void-affinity champs, which means yes, it should target him as lead, but I'm sure there are scenarios where it'll target one of the others instead?

May 29, 2023, 17:5305/29/23
May 29, 2023, 17:56(edited)
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Against green affinity, OB can't reliably be the stun target, can it? He'll be the same priority as the void-affinity champs, which means yes, it should target him as lead, but I'm sure there are scenarios where it'll target one of the others instead?

I still run this comp on alt 😆 

i

This is UNM today. 1 key against void, 1 against spirit.  Narma is unbooked btw.

May 29, 2023, 17:5305/29/23
12/05/22

Thanks a lot for the info, Kramas and Trips.

Trips, that idea makes a lot of sense.

This are my main champions, I guess Toragi as second stun and Fahrakin as third DPS are nice options, but, as always, open to suggestions.

i

May 29, 2023, 18:0005/29/23
May 29, 2023, 18:05(edited)
12/05/22
kramaswamy.kr

The problem with that team in general is, as you've noted, affinity messes things up. There isn't really any great workaround for this. CB will pretty much always target weak-affinity if you have one. Your stun target being weak-affinity only works, though, if you have nobody else on the same affinity, or if you're willing to dice-roll on the other weak-affinity targets being less "killable" than the stun target.

As a note - the void champ can NEVER be the stun target, except against void-affinity CB.

As another note - if you're only getting 25M dmg on NM CB with your team, then I'd highly suggest looking into another team. 25M is really not great given the lengths you're forced to go to in order to make the team work. Maybe post your roster?

Yes, Kramas, you're probably right. First thing is take Occult Brawler to 60. But, as I said, I accept suggestions.

Anyway, my gear is limited and I don't want to mess up with dragon and spider teams (it was hard to get to 25 and 20 respectively).

May 29, 2023, 18:0505/29/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

If properly built  (hp/def) the only thing you need to do is not have weak affinity DPS. So optimally, a void stub target is best since u only nerf 1 champ at a useless speed. And just need a red/blue/green dps to swap.  But brawler is also just really good as stun target since placing poisons regardless. 

May 29, 2023, 18:1105/29/23
12/05/22
Trips

If properly built  (hp/def) the only thing you need to do is not have weak affinity DPS. So optimally, a void stub target is best since u only nerf 1 champ at a useless speed. And just need a red/blue/green dps to swap.  But brawler is also just really good as stun target since placing poisons regardless. 

The problem is that, as you can see, I have no good void potential stun targets.

May 29, 2023, 18:2405/29/23
12/19/19
Joyodongo

The problem is that, as you can see, I have no good void potential stun targets.

Stick with brawler, and use any blue for force.  Your idea above is the right path with fats as green dps.  Good roster, btw.  Got some good champs to help u progress!

May 29, 2023, 18:2905/29/23
12/05/22
Trips

Stick with brawler, and use any blue for force.  Your idea above is the right path with fats as green dps.  Good roster, btw.  Got some good champs to help u progress!

I initially thought of Skraag (void) as stun target, but this seems like a waste and besides it's difficult to build with 45000 HP, you have to sacrify a lot of ACC, CRIT, ATK.

May 30, 2023, 12:4905/30/23
12/05/22
Trips

Trips, as I see you have experience withthis setting, I have a couple of extra questions:

1- I want the runs to be as much automated as possible. In the void runs I have:

ME starting with A3, PK starting with A3, OB not using A2. Rest on auto. Zavia leads for the aura.

This is working so far. 

2- How do you automate the non-void runs? The same?

3- Deadwoodjedi page has the spirit runs with PK not using A2 until turn 5, which is extremely annoying. Is it so important?

4- Is it important to have the stun target leading even if they have no aura?

Thanks again.