All Categories

Legitimately wanna quit.

Legitimately wanna quit.

Search
May 25, 2023, 09:2105/25/23
08/28/22

Legitimately wanna quit.

I prepare really well and focus real hard to do my best to win Personal rewards CvC.  I just passed day 270 and am in a tier two clan. I managed 350K total points and stayed up 2-3 hours late to do it just so I could watch as the opposing clan blew by us, closing a huge gap, in the LITERAL last minute. 

Explain to me, pls, how personal rewards are at all personal if I depend on 29 people to succeed and 30 others to fail for me to get them.

It does not seem to matter what we, or I, do,. Either we lose or we are winning the whole time just to get the rug pulled out from under us. 

Im really upset, it just feels like a terrible system. I feel constantly baited into big disapointment. 

If I am putting out big time effort to work my way up the PERSONAL rewards tiers then it makes sense to me that I should be rewarded PERSONALLY. 

Otherwise its just the BONUS rewards system. I look forward to this all month just to get shafted. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. 

Could you guys do one thing with this game that makes sense, pls? Good lord. 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 25, 2023, 10:1505/25/23
11/19/22

Personal rewards are nice if you can get them, but the bigger clan rewards are more dependable. IMO you shouldn't be focused on trying to single-handedly win the personal rewards if your clan isn't into it, and if your clan isn't active enough for you then look for a more active one - there's a board here where people advertise for new clan members.

However, although it can sting a little to miss out on personal rewards (we lost this week, too), just treat them as a bonus on top of the main CvC rewards + the clan shop benefits. There's plenty of other things to focus on for building on your progression.

May 25, 2023, 12:1905/25/23
12/19/19

I feel your pain, unfortunately the system is working exactly as they want it.  We were up when I went to bed, but I knew we were going to lose and lose big.... we put up 9M and lost by almost 1.5 lol.... frigging Russians always get us :)

May 25, 2023, 13:2805/25/23
10/01/22

i feel ur pain with it, but id say i get more pissed off when the opposing team is clearly filled with referal accounts, but seems plarium just ignore it.

May 25, 2023, 13:5805/25/23
12/19/19
oblivion01332

i feel ur pain with it, but id say i get more pissed off when the opposing team is clearly filled with referal accounts, but seems plarium just ignore it.

How are referral accounts a problem? I'm pretty sure the point of a referral program is to increase referrals 😀

May 25, 2023, 14:0705/25/23
May 25, 2023, 14:14(edited)
03/22/22

@Tairon can i ask the name of your clan ? It REALLY looks like what happened to us (with the numbers, timeline and all) except i was on the winner side. I genuinely felt a bit sorry for the guy who pulled 350k to loose lol. It would be funny to find out you are this guy. Anyway, we really won in the last 2 minutes. Some things to take in consideration though :

• The truth is when we see scores are really close, we always keep something in our sleeves to blow it all in the last minute or so.
  • I dont think winning team prizes have anything to do with "fairness" TBO. It's more about chance, player quality and commitment / capita at that precise moment.

It's exacly like team bonuses some companies distribute every month or quarter or whatever. Some always do more than others, and it particularly hurts when you miss it while YOU clearly deserve it. If you are really bothered about this, you should find another clan. There's plenty and one matching for every type of player.

May 25, 2023, 14:1305/25/23
05/26/22

Sounds like you are going up against either some really well aligned teams or a team with a dedicated persion with multiple accounts. Not sure what to tell you other than if you are stuck with your current guild you will either have to prune your memebers or jump to a different guild. 

May 25, 2023, 16:2805/25/23
09/16/20

I really dislike this system too. Especially since my clan almost always wins when there aren't personal rewards and almost always loses when there are.

I do understand why Plarium has made it like this, since people will make huge efforts to win. I just think that getting absolutely zilch if you lose a CvC, no matter how big an effort you have made, is very harsh and very disheartening. There should be some decent prices for the losers as well, so no one will feel like they've wasted their time and resources. Half the amount of rewards that the winners get, I think would be sensible.

May 25, 2023, 16:3405/25/23
08/28/22
plindboe

I really dislike this system too. Especially since my clan almost always wins when there aren't personal rewards and almost always loses when there are.

I do understand why Plarium has made it like this, since people will make huge efforts to win. I just think that getting absolutely zilch if you lose a CvC, no matter how big an effort you have made, is very harsh and very disheartening. There should be some decent prices for the losers as well, so no one will feel like they've wasted their time and resources. Half the amount of rewards that the winners get, I think would be sensible.

Here is what Plarium needs to understand. The personal rewards are MORE THAN ENOUGH to encourage me to blow resources. In fact, if it was guarenteed like the clan rewards are (how does that make sense that they arent?) then everyone would be way more encouraged to complete them. 

If I was guarenteed personal rewards I would be absolutely blowing my load once a month to get it. 

May 25, 2023, 17:0705/25/23
10/01/22
Trips

How are referral accounts a problem? I'm pretty sure the point of a referral program is to increase referrals 😀

when you look at the opposing clan and you know that about 10 of those accounts belong to the clan owner and they purposely hoard on them so they can invite them to their clan 1 time and use matierals to win cvcs thats clearly wrong, most people creating referal accounts like this are probably using 3rd party bots to level the alts as well.

May 25, 2023, 17:4305/25/23
12/19/19
oblivion01332

when you look at the opposing clan and you know that about 10 of those accounts belong to the clan owner and they purposely hoard on them so they can invite them to their clan 1 time and use matierals to win cvcs thats clearly wrong, most people creating referal accounts like this are probably using 3rd party bots to level the alts as well.

Curious how many points a bot referral can actually produce? I just can't imagine that many.  

I'd rather face a bot clan than another Russian clan next pr cvc :) always a well organized bunch that we draw as opponents 

May 25, 2023, 18:3405/25/23
May 25, 2023, 18:36(edited)
02/11/22
Trips

Curious how many points a bot referral can actually produce? I just can't imagine that many.  

I'd rather face a bot clan than another Russian clan next pr cvc :) always a well organized bunch that we draw as opponents 

In theory Trips, quite a lot actually. I've seen some CC's give away some empty accounts that people were just hoarding stuff on. They had Ninja/UDK/Ronda and virtually nothing else. On these accounts, what they do is complete the easy tasks that take 5min max per day. Login, do this or that real quick, get shards, gems, energy, stack them. And the end was accounts that were hoarding 50,000 energy and several thousand gems. (A year of just logging in will give quite a lot i guess)

So yes, if you have a bunch of these alt account just blow resources all at once, it can give good points. How many? not sure, but at least, certainly more than our bottom 2 did LOL

Now the caveat is, such accounts will not be able to run higher level content... so there's that to consider as well

May 25, 2023, 19:2505/25/23
06/05/22
Swiftblade

In theory Trips, quite a lot actually. I've seen some CC's give away some empty accounts that people were just hoarding stuff on. They had Ninja/UDK/Ronda and virtually nothing else. On these accounts, what they do is complete the easy tasks that take 5min max per day. Login, do this or that real quick, get shards, gems, energy, stack them. And the end was accounts that were hoarding 50,000 energy and several thousand gems. (A year of just logging in will give quite a lot i guess)

So yes, if you have a bunch of these alt account just blow resources all at once, it can give good points. How many? not sure, but at least, certainly more than our bottom 2 did LOL

Now the caveat is, such accounts will not be able to run higher level content... so there's that to consider as well

Exactly. We're not talking about tier 6 clans here. At the lower level a referral account that puts up 100k points can be quite imbalanced. And 100k points is pretty easy if you don't care about account development: just blow all shards, all silver, maybe a login champ that's been timed to coincide with CvC. Notice how this is pure burst, no actual playing required.

Keep in mind that low-level clans with 30 committed members basically don't exist. Either they become successful high-tier clans, or they lose active members and live out a twilight existence with only 3-5 people giving it all they got.

I'm geeking out now about the economics of this, but it's an inevitable consequence of the structure of clans. It's much easier to join a good clan than to build one up. If you don't down UNM daily, you will never attract the kind of player that helps you achieve that. Same with hydra and CvC. And since there's no penalty for hopping around clans, individual players who know their value are strongly incentivized to jump ship. It's usually only the clan leader and a couple of his buddies who have an irrational attachment to a failing clan.

When I started playing, it took me way too long to realize that my first clan was basically doomed, even though It had half a dozen good players. People who stick around in that kind of clan are hampering their own progression, which makes them less attractive as clan mates for those who do care.

NOTE: a failing clan is different to a chill clan. It's fine if you don't care about CvC. You just want to down UNM and maybe hydra normal? Plenty of clans like that. But you need to have 0 expectations of winning CvCs. It does happen occasionally that you get a good match-up, and that's when the top members will blow their load and max out personal rewards.

May 25, 2023, 20:4905/25/23
10/01/22
Trips

they can produce a lot, they will hoard every book every scrap of energy, every multi battle, every shard, every arena token, every fragment summon and will only use it in their own cvc battles, and they most likely have more being made before cvc is over, bots will always win over people unless ur in a clan thats dropping stacks on this game.

May 25, 2023, 23:2705/25/23
12/19/19
oblivion01332

they can produce a lot, they will hoard every book every scrap of energy, every multi battle, every shard, every arena token, every fragment summon and will only use it in their own cvc battles, and they most likely have more being made before cvc is over, bots will always win over people unless ur in a clan thats dropping stacks on this game.

Define alot. I'm pretty sure I produce more points than a bot.  And I just don't see bots collecting much, unless someone is running a farm for a year lol.

May 25, 2023, 23:5205/25/23
12/19/19
Urlibu FTP

Exactly. We're not talking about tier 6 clans here. At the lower level a referral account that puts up 100k points can be quite imbalanced. And 100k points is pretty easy if you don't care about account development: just blow all shards, all silver, maybe a login champ that's been timed to coincide with CvC. Notice how this is pure burst, no actual playing required.

Keep in mind that low-level clans with 30 committed members basically don't exist. Either they become successful high-tier clans, or they lose active members and live out a twilight existence with only 3-5 people giving it all they got.

I'm geeking out now about the economics of this, but it's an inevitable consequence of the structure of clans. It's much easier to join a good clan than to build one up. If you don't down UNM daily, you will never attract the kind of player that helps you achieve that. Same with hydra and CvC. And since there's no penalty for hopping around clans, individual players who know their value are strongly incentivized to jump ship. It's usually only the clan leader and a couple of his buddies who have an irrational attachment to a failing clan.

When I started playing, it took me way too long to realize that my first clan was basically doomed, even though It had half a dozen good players. People who stick around in that kind of clan are hampering their own progression, which makes them less attractive as clan mates for those who do care.

NOTE: a failing clan is different to a chill clan. It's fine if you don't care about CvC. You just want to down UNM and maybe hydra normal? Plenty of clans like that. But you need to have 0 expectations of winning CvCs. It does happen occasionally that you get a good match-up, and that's when the top members will blow their load and max out personal rewards.

And you can bust your ass in a high performing clan and still lose.  Just an unlucky draw.  I think we were top 50 in t5... 

dthorne04Moderator
May 26, 2023, 00:2005/26/23
May 26, 2023, 00:27(edited)
12/30/20
oblivion01332

this is legitimately how almost every remotely serious clan with any coordination plays, fwiw

that said, if you truly think you're running up against a clan full of bots somehow, you'd be better off taking that to support/and or sending proof to a moderator via PM rather than speculating 

dthorne04Moderator
May 26, 2023, 00:2105/26/23
12/30/20
Trips

And you can bust your ass in a high performing clan and still lose.  Just an unlucky draw.  I think we were top 50 in t5... 

yep, it do be like that from time to time. we got somewhere around 65th, looks like you guys are 51st. maybe we meet again soon for a rematch. :)

May 26, 2023, 00:5305/26/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

yep, it do be like that from time to time. we got somewhere around 65th, looks like you guys are 51st. maybe we meet again soon for a rematch. :)

we lost by 1.5mm, how did u do?

dthorne04Moderator
May 26, 2023, 01:2105/26/23
12/30/20
Trips

we lost by 1.5mm, how did u do?

won by 3m or so, herding the cats into taking tag more seriously has been huge for points

May 26, 2023, 08:3405/26/23
10/01/22
Trips

Define alot. I'm pretty sure I produce more points than a bot.  And I just don't see bots collecting much, unless someone is running a farm for a year lol.

an old clan i was in a guy bought his lvl 49 referal account into the clan for cvc, by the time cvc was over that account alone hit 350k pts. so trust me they make a big impact especially when someone has a lot of them.