All Categories

Live Arena suggestion - allow viewing of champ

Search
May 19, 2023, 15:1005/19/23
06/25/20

I mean, for me this isn't really an issue - I know 99% of the usable arena champs just by looking. But even I ran into one today which I didn't recognize. Would be nice to let you click on their icon to view the champ, even if it does mean you're losing some time on the draft.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 19, 2023, 15:3705/19/23
05/26/22

I agree it would be nice to see their skills. 

May 19, 2023, 20:2505/19/23
06/20/19

+1

May 19, 2023, 20:3305/19/23
12/19/19

Git gud ;)

harleQuinnModerator
May 19, 2023, 21:2605/19/23
02/24/19

Every draft choice becomes the full 60 seconds in almost every fight then.. I guess if you're into the draft phase enough you want it to take an even greater majority of each match. :D :D

Although I'd love to see the complaints "I was looking at enemy champ preview and it selected for me causing my loss, PLARIUM IS THE WORST"

May 19, 2023, 21:3705/19/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Every draft choice becomes the full 60 seconds in almost every fight then.. I guess if you're into the draft phase enough you want it to take an even greater majority of each match. :D :D

Although I'd love to see the complaints "I was looking at enemy champ preview and it selected for me causing my loss, PLARIUM IS THE WORST"

I'm not even counter picking, I pick same 5 and finish tokens fast.  Still winning just north of 50% I'm guessing since I keep inching up, albeit at a snails pace.

May 19, 2023, 22:5305/19/23
May 19, 2023, 22:54(edited)
10/01/22

to be honest i was thinking this my self recently and i agree with it, even if its just a quick display to show you what active debuffs they can produce rather than a full detailed description of all the attacks it would help significantly for newer and mid players to have a better understanding of what they are up against and produce a team that might work against it better, im about 8 months into this game and im still clueless to what over half the champions do to a full extent because i dont own them my self, so a tool like this would be very helpful.

May 20, 2023, 05:1505/20/23
11/19/22

Definitely good for those of us who still don't know who all champs are, let alone their abilities! The ability to view a champ is available in Classic Arena, so it would be nice to see it in Live Arena, too.

harleQuinnModerator
May 20, 2023, 05:2305/20/23
02/24/19
Trips

I'm not even counter picking, I pick same 5 and finish tokens fast.  Still winning just north of 50% I'm guessing since I keep inching up, albeit at a snails pace.

In Silver 2?

May 20, 2023, 06:1205/20/23
07/08/19
harleQuinn

it'd take less time than frantically looking up champs on hellhades the way we have to now.

May 20, 2023, 13:0505/20/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

In Silver 2?

i

May 20, 2023, 13:3005/20/23
12/19/19

i

15 minutes for 5 battles yesterday, not horrible.  Be much faster if cut selection time in half... i do NOT want the ability to click on the opponents to see the skill.  

May 20, 2023, 16:4805/20/23
10/01/22
Trips

i

15 minutes for 5 battles yesterday, not horrible.  Be much faster if cut selection time in half... i do NOT want the ability to click on the opponents to see the skill.  

take in mind the idea hes implementing takes literally about 30 seconds to read through, see what buffs the enemy has and pick a team based off it, i understand ur probably an end game player and most tasks on raid you just want to complete asap on a daily basis because they become routine to you, but i dont really think this is what live arena is about, it shouldnt be as quick as tag team or classic arena battles as there really is meant to be a unique thinking element to every fight, so in the long run i do think the idea to add this would be so much more helpul for people to better them self in understanding of champions and their abilities and make better team picks because of it in the long run, and the good of that would outweight an extra 30-60 additional seconds being added to match making times, at least in my opinon, but again i do understand from an end game player why they would want these battles done asap daily.

May 20, 2023, 18:0005/20/23
09/14/20
oblivion01332

take in mind the idea hes implementing takes literally about 30 seconds to read through, see what buffs the enemy has and pick a team based off it, i understand ur probably an end game player and most tasks on raid you just want to complete asap on a daily basis because they become routine to you, but i dont really think this is what live arena is about, it shouldnt be as quick as tag team or classic arena battles as there really is meant to be a unique thinking element to every fight, so in the long run i do think the idea to add this would be so much more helpul for people to better them self in understanding of champions and their abilities and make better team picks because of it in the long run, and the good of that would outweight an extra 30-60 additional seconds being added to match making times, at least in my opinon, but again i do understand from an end game player why they would want these battles done asap daily.

Essentially, if you want to know about champions, you should read about them before or after meeting them in arena. Doing this while you are in the live arena is probably just a waste of time.

You also do not start a chess game and than read about rules how to operate your figures. 

You encounter a new champion and lose because of the new one? Read about it afterwards to get more informed.

Taking reading time during the draft? You will more often be more angry about the automatic placement of your champ or annoyed because your opponent is really stretching the time. 

I might sound rude here...but I don't want to waste time because the opponent does not know about champs and wastes my time to get informed about them.

May 20, 2023, 18:1505/20/23
10/01/22
Matrim

Essentially, if you want to know about champions, you should read about them before or after meeting them in arena. Doing this while you are in the live arena is probably just a waste of time.

You also do not start a chess game and than read about rules how to operate your figures. 

You encounter a new champion and lose because of the new one? Read about it afterwards to get more informed.

Taking reading time during the draft? You will more often be more angry about the automatic placement of your champ or annoyed because your opponent is really stretching the time. 

I might sound rude here...but I don't want to waste time because the opponent does not know about champs and wastes my time to get informed about them.

so logically were meant to remember all 500 + champions on the game and exactly what they do? id think even some end game characters have trouble keeping memory of everything and are flipping through hellhades during champion select to try remember what a certain champion does (ironically probably adding to some of the delays were seeing in champion select anyway)

and again i dont think, and i dont think the OP intention was a long detailed list of every single enemy ability/break down/debuff/buff it has as that would be ridiculous, just a simple picture showing icons of which debuff/debuff it can produce, its literally no longer than a 30 second thought process and would probably stop people visiting hellhades mid champion select which probably takes longer than what is being suggested here anyway.

May 20, 2023, 18:2105/20/23
06/25/20

You shouldn't put words in my mouth :)

All I'm asking for is the same thing you're able to do in classic/tag - click the champion icon to view them.

As to whether or not there's value-add? Well, what's the harm? If your concern is that it slows things down, my answer is - they probably are already slowing down by needing to tab out or switch to their laptop to look up the champ on HH or etc.