All Categories

Concern about the Arbiter skins

Search
May 19, 2023, 10:4505/19/23
11/19/22

I think the Lumaya's prophet skin is gorgeous and have wanted it since I started Raid 6 months ago, so have just bought it. 

The only problem is the advertised avatar hasn't appeared in my profile yet, so I've contacted support. That makes me a little uneasy, as there was no problem getting the skin + avatar with Ronda's Glacial Fury skin. 

What makes me especially concerned is that it was pointed out on Reddit that there are no Arbiter avatars showing in the Profile picture section - suggesting that there are no actual Arbiter avatars that come with the new skins.

This is worrying, as the adverts clearly advertised a new Arbiter avatar with each pack - it takes up half the advert! I don't have access to the Lumaya's Prophecy one since I've bought it, but you can clearly see a new avatar with the Jade Serpent skin ad:

i

To me the image on the right clearly shows the new Arbiter avatar you would get with the original Arbiter avatar inset. However, have I totally mis-read this??

Views
Comments
Comments
May 19, 2023, 11:0905/19/23
07/08/19

you have, unfortunately. the arbiter skins don't come with an associated avatar.

May 19, 2023, 12:3205/19/23
May 19, 2023, 12:33(edited)
10/01/22

well from a neutral party view in this id say thats misleading, looks like you receive avatar as well when you look at the picture

also if its correct and no avatar is given with it, then they should add a "no avatar included" like they did with the champion part, but either way picture implies you get skin and avatar.

May 20, 2023, 02:4605/20/23
02/11/22

I see no mention of an avatar anywhere. Although, the truly misleading part is the "100% extra" tag... Extra what? You only get 1 skin. It should read "50% off" instead.

May 20, 2023, 03:4605/20/23
May 20, 2023, 03:52(edited)
11/19/22

i

Half the advert shows a new avatar in a default legendary golden border, with the original avatar inset for comparison.

I think Plarium are being mean and misleading here; at best, simply thoughtless and clumsy at what they are advertising. Why have a new avatar cover half the advert if it has nothing to do with the purchase?

I was really looking forward to adding the new avatar as part of my gaming experience, and that informed my decision to buy.

harleQuinnModerator
May 20, 2023, 04:3105/20/23
02/24/19

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you opened a ticket and can discuss it with support. Since it just says the champion skin in writing there, that's all you get.

But we saw this feedback before and I'll pass it along again.

dthorne04Moderator
May 20, 2023, 04:4205/20/23
May 20, 2023, 04:42(edited)
12/30/20
Fathertron

i

Half the advert shows a new avatar in a default legendary golden border, with the original avatar inset for comparison.

I think Plarium are being mean and misleading here; at best, simply thoughtless and clumsy at what they are advertising. Why have a new avatar cover half the advert if it has nothing to do with the purchase?

I was really looking forward to adding the new avatar as part of my gaming experience, and that informed my decision to buy.

While I certainly feel for you from the standpoint of that avatar being something you really wanted to be able to pick up I do need to add something:

When something isn't explicitly listed in the contents of the pack, I think it's good practice to double check before you make your purchase. 

You're in a clan cluster with roughly half of the active mods in Raid, you can always give us a shout - and should. :)

May 20, 2023, 05:0905/20/23
11/19/22
harleQuinn

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you opened a ticket and can discuss it with support. Since it just says the champion skin in writing there, that's all you get.

But we saw this feedback before and I'll pass it along again.

Ticket was just pretty much as you said:

[quote]

Hello, Brian!
Thank you for your message.

Please note that this pack only included the Skin for Artiber: https://www.screencast.com/t/3LjVx16tVm

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Have a good day and good luck!

Yana
Player Support Team 

[/quote]

so I guess I have to simply accept that. 

I just don't understand why Plarium are being so mean with avatars - the adverts show that Plarium have clearly made an avatar for each of the Lumaya's Prophecy and Jade Serpent character skins, so why don't they allow customers who buy those skins to use those avatars? Just a rhetorical question.

Anyway, I'll be a lot more careful about buying skins in future!

harleQuinnModerator
May 20, 2023, 05:1305/20/23
02/24/19
Fathertron

Ticket was just pretty much as you said:

[quote]

Hello, Brian!
Thank you for your message.

Please note that this pack only included the Skin for Artiber: https://www.screencast.com/t/3LjVx16tVm

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Have a good day and good luck!

Yana
Player Support Team 

[/quote]

so I guess I have to simply accept that. 

I just don't understand why Plarium are being so mean with avatars - the adverts show that Plarium have clearly made an avatar for each of the Lumaya's Prophecy and Jade Serpent character skins, so why don't they allow customers who buy those skins to use those avatars? Just a rhetorical question.

Anyway, I'll be a lot more careful about buying skins in future!

You mean use them when selecting the champ in the roster screen or use them when selecting your in game profile pic?

May 20, 2023, 05:1705/20/23
11/19/22
harleQuinn

You mean use them when selecting the champ in the roster screen or use them when selecting your in game profile pic?

For profile pic. 

I bought the Ronda "Glacial Fury" skin as a Christmas treat when I first started playing, and that came with a skin and avatar for my profile, which I've been using since. Hence why I was really surprised not to get an avatar with the Arbiter skin.

harleQuinnModerator
May 20, 2023, 05:2205/20/23
02/24/19
Fathertron

For profile pic. 

I bought the Ronda "Glacial Fury" skin as a Christmas treat when I first started playing, and that came with a skin and avatar for my profile, which I've been using since. Hence why I was really surprised not to get an avatar with the Arbiter skin.

I see.

I will pass on that you'd like to see it, or more skins, as your Avatar option.

May 20, 2023, 21:5205/20/23
02/11/22

I mean he does have a point. What is it to include a one-inch square pixel picture along with the skin LOL. They already done the picture too. Just give it out to those who GIVE you 24 bucks ffs. Those players are basically DONATING money to Plarium, cuz the skin does nothing in itself except look different, so ya, Plarium, just DONATE the damn avatar with it will ya?