All Categories

Live is the best

Live is the best

Search
May 8, 2023, 00:0005/08/23
06/20/19

Live is the best

So Ive read a lot of posts about live but held back commenting.  I waited a few weeks before I even got my toes wet. 

all I've heard for 4 years is how pvp sucks.  And I can't disagree, but add a real change and folk go off.

give the players exactly what the ask for, and they have asked for exactly this, and they complain.

im doing good to win 1 or 2 battles a day (who cares) but it's the first and only content of the game that chalenges me to to think on the fly. Anything else I can either go to vids or make lists or ignore. ( I usually ignore)

This is the only content that isn't a few moments of research followed by mindless grinding.

perfect? No. 

actually not grinding? ."..

Views
Comments
Comments
May 8, 2023, 00:1305/08/23
04/24/22

I think its fun so far, bring me stress about making picks , banning , how to play during the fight , etc .. i also like that auto still applies so you can just afk after picks if you think it wont go well but come back to a win !

I think its a great addition , not one im gonna spend tons of times on it but one that fits well for the 3rd pvp option for this game , imo.

May 8, 2023, 00:2405/08/23
06/20/19
Lyryal

I think its fun so far, bring me stress about making picks , banning , how to play during the fight , etc .. i also like that auto still applies so you can just afk after picks if you think it wont go well but come back to a win !

I think its a great addition , not one im gonna spend tons of times on it but one that fits well for the 3rd pvp option for this game , imo.

I agree completely. I'm not focusing on it or grinding in any way, but it actually makes me think (rather than calculate).

May 8, 2023, 18:0205/08/23
12/19/19

The timeslot availability needs to be addressed, more participation is what is needed from all levels to expedite stabilization of tiers. 

1.  Expand each window by an hour

2. If they want to leave at 8 hours, instead switch to being open 1 hour every 3 hours.  

Cut maximum times to do anything in half (including total time max to 15) and apply gold rules in silver such as no duplicates.

May 8, 2023, 18:3305/08/23
06/25/20

And one more thing - turn on super raids permanently, so we actually have the time to participate in this :)

May 8, 2023, 19:0105/08/23
05/26/22

I enjoy it. A little less since I hit silver. I have a few fights every day where I exit before the match begins because I know I stand no chance. 

May 8, 2023, 21:1605/08/23
06/20/19

Good suggestions above.  And since hitting silver I've had a few fights go 7 minutes or so.  But I've also begun to abandon the fight if I see it's obviously going to be a draw.  I just let the other player take the points instead of forcing a draw.

i definitely agree something should be done about the time slotting.  It's very )very( inconvenient for my schedule.

May 8, 2023, 22:1105/08/23
10/01/22

only real complaints i see are from people getting rekt by someone 20-50 levels higher which is admittingly a flaw, other than that its decent content if u ignore that factor

May 9, 2023, 07:3005/09/23
02/28/22
oblivion01332

only real complaints i see are from people getting rekt by someone 20-50 levels higher which is admittingly a flaw, other than that its decent content if u ignore that factor

I don't mind who I get matched with, at the moment it seems unimportant as the rewards aren't worth worrying about

I have two complaints though

1. Setup times - 30s, 60s, 60s, 60s, 60s, 30s, 30s, 30s - some folk out there use it all, down to the last few seconds, you can be 3/4 minutes before you actually get to the battle

2. More keys per day, and better priced refills, 10 gems for one battle when you could be creamed isn't good value, 10 gems for 5 battles, increasing 5 gems a time maybe, 15 gems for 5 etc.. would seem more realistic

Live for me is a fun diversion, but it's like they say here you go, enjoy this but we're going to throw in some hurdles that will take away some of the enjoyment

May 9, 2023, 14:1205/09/23
12/19/19
Ratted

I don't mind who I get matched with, at the moment it seems unimportant as the rewards aren't worth worrying about

I have two complaints though

1. Setup times - 30s, 60s, 60s, 60s, 60s, 30s, 30s, 30s - some folk out there use it all, down to the last few seconds, you can be 3/4 minutes before you actually get to the battle

2. More keys per day, and better priced refills, 10 gems for one battle when you could be creamed isn't good value, 10 gems for 5 battles, increasing 5 gems a time maybe, 15 gems for 5 etc.. would seem more realistic

Live for me is a fun diversion, but it's like they say here you go, enjoy this but we're going to throw in some hurdles that will take away some of the enjoyment

It is 10 gems for 5 additional battles isn't it?  I haven't bought a refill since Beta (which was dumb then lol)

May 9, 2023, 14:2205/09/23
02/28/22
Trips

It is 10 gems for 5 additional battles isn't it?  I haven't bought a refill since Beta (which was dumb then lol)

Is it? they should make that clearer for dumbnuts like me then, if I see 10 gems for one I think one battle not one refill

I've added another complaint

3. Folk who stick a defensive team up with no chance of winning, but also no chance of losing 

May 9, 2023, 14:4305/09/23
May 9, 2023, 14:46(edited)
02/28/22
Ratted

Is it? they should make that clearer for dumbnuts like me then, if I see 10 gems for one I think one battle not one refill

3. Folk who stick a defensive team up with no chance of winning, but also no chance of losing 

Edit addition - yes numbnuts like me, for that I apologise it is indeed per refill  - sighs stupidly

Edit 2 - not my best ever posting day, Rotos, on auto eventually took out one reviver with block revive after 12 mins, 22 mins in he did the same to the other reviver and my opponent left 

May 9, 2023, 15:0205/09/23
06/20/19
Ratted

As I moved into silver I definitely noticed battles going close to 10 minutes.  

1) I don't intend to build teams to stall, but ive noticed I do occasionally build unbeatable teams.  But the intent is to respond to the opponents team selection.  When I see there selections, am I to pick champs I know will lose? Or should I pick effective counters?  Sometimes the opponents selection, my counter selections, the opponents counter- counter... results in a draw...  frustrating?  I certainly don't blame the other guy when I can't beat 'em, just because he can't beat me..,

2) in these situations I find that one or the other will prevail, or the draw would become evident.  When it does Ive begun just leaving and giving them the points.  Somrtime they leave and give me the points before I do.

eithet way I don't blame the other player for building a solid team when I did the exact same thing 

May 9, 2023, 15:5005/09/23
02/28/22
Angwil

As I moved into silver I definitely noticed battles going close to 10 minutes.  

1) I don't intend to build teams to stall, but ive noticed I do occasionally build unbeatable teams.  But the intent is to respond to the opponents team selection.  When I see there selections, am I to pick champs I know will lose? Or should I pick effective counters?  Sometimes the opponents selection, my counter selections, the opponents counter- counter... results in a draw...  frustrating?  I certainly don't blame the other guy when I can't beat 'em, just because he can't beat me..,

2) in these situations I find that one or the other will prevail, or the draw would become evident.  When it does Ive begun just leaving and giving them the points.  Somrtime they leave and give me the points before I do.

eithet way I don't blame the other player for building a solid team when I did the exact same thing 

That's a valid point, but I don't have an OP team, I put out Duchess, UDK, Rotos, Mithrala and Mortu who got banned.  They put out Brogni, Pythion, Helicath, Duchess and Hephraak who I banned, obviously I don't know their rosta but at level 100 they'd have to be pretty unlucky to only be able to build a defense team and not one that couldn't beat mine

harleQuinnModerator
May 10, 2023, 05:1905/10/23
02/24/19
Ratted

That's a valid point, but I don't have an OP team, I put out Duchess, UDK, Rotos, Mithrala and Mortu who got banned.  They put out Brogni, Pythion, Helicath, Duchess and Hephraak who I banned, obviously I don't know their rosta but at level 100 they'd have to be pretty unlucky to only be able to build a defense team and not one that couldn't beat mine

IMO Rotos is the second best champ for all of Live Arena. He's an absolute menace. He protects himself while steamrolling more and more with max hp decrease, defense ignore, extra turns and eventually block revive. An absolute unit of an all in one toolkit.

So congrats on having a Rotos, he is an absolute gremlin for me to deal with.

May 10, 2023, 22:2505/10/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

IMO Rotos is the second best champ for all of Live Arena. He's an absolute menace. He protects himself while steamrolling more and more with max hp decrease, defense ignore, extra turns and eventually block revive. An absolute unit of an all in one toolkit.

So congrats on having a Rotos, he is an absolute gremlin for me to deal with.

Who is #1?