All Categories

Provoke on the faction bosses is a joke

Search
May 4, 2023, 12:1205/04/23
05/04/23

As the title says I am still fairly new to this game and have been trying to get through faction wars however for most of my factions I get stuck on the boss due to being stun locked the entire boss fight with provoke. What is the best way around this apart from kitting everyone out in armour to resist it https://vlc.onl/.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 4, 2023, 13:1005/04/23
04/06/22

Now, now, don't forget, Raid is no fun unless progression is a slow, tedious, frustrating slog.

(That's sarcasm, btw, yeah, the Faction Bosses are WAY too difficult unless you dump a ton of cash into the game. I just made lvl 80, and it seems EVERY time I do anything in this game I get a pop-up for the Level 80 pack, which costs a hundred dollars. That's more than the Nintendo Switch costs. Plarium has lost its mind.)

harleQuinnModerator
May 4, 2023, 15:1405/04/23
02/24/19
OccamsRazor

Now, now, don't forget, Raid is no fun unless progression is a slow, tedious, frustrating slog.

(That's sarcasm, btw, yeah, the Faction Bosses are WAY too difficult unless you dump a ton of cash into the game. I just made lvl 80, and it seems EVERY time I do anything in this game I get a pop-up for the Level 80 pack, which costs a hundred dollars. That's more than the Nintendo Switch costs. Plarium has lost its mind.)

Hi there!

I got my Lydia before ever making a purchase, as did forum superstar Krama. :)

If you need any team ideas or have questions or want thoughts about how I beat each boss, there's a big FW thread floating around I posted. Jump in and we'd be happy to help.

May 4, 2023, 17:0005/04/23
06/05/22

You can kit out one cleanse champion with resist, who then removes provoke from everyone else. There are also champs that put block debuff on your entire team.

you can also just bring more damage. Against one version of the boss, it's actually one of the side mobs that casts provoke. Take them down early in the fight, and it's much easier from there.

But honestly, the key to faction wars is to realistically estimate whether you have the champions yet that make it worth pushing that particular faction. I had already cleared some crypts all the way to level 21 while others where still sitting at level 10. This is normal.

May 5, 2023, 13:1805/05/23
May 5, 2023, 13:19(edited)
04/06/22
harleQuinn

Hi there!

I got my Lydia before ever making a purchase, as did forum superstar Krama. :)

If you need any team ideas or have questions or want thoughts about how I beat each boss, there's a big FW thread floating around I posted. Jump in and we'd be happy to help.

You got Lydia (meaning you completed the entire Faction Wars) before spending anything on the game?

Uh... Huh...

Okay, let's have a show of hands here, anyone who thinks Quinn is full of prunes, give a thumbs up.

👍

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 13:4005/05/23
02/24/19
OccamsRazor

You got Lydia (meaning you completed the entire Faction Wars) before spending anything on the game?

Uh... Huh...

Okay, let's have a show of hands here, anyone who thinks Quinn is full of prunes, give a thumbs up.

👍

Yes, as did @kramaswamy.kr

But honestly, I don't care if you believe me. I know what I accomplished.

May 5, 2023, 14:1905/05/23
May 5, 2023, 14:20(edited)
02/28/22
OccamsRazor

Uh... Huh...

👍

Why would you disrespect probably the best mod around?  I know you're not new to the forums so you'll know that Quinn does everything to help others, even posting FW teams - and for the record they weren't all composed of Legendaries, they often utilised rares that were geared to win in teams with good synergy, and the advice was solid also, gear one team to complete not multiple teams, complete then regear the next FW dungeon

Just because you can't do it does not make folk who can and did liars

May 5, 2023, 15:0705/05/23
May 5, 2023, 15:08(edited)
06/25/20
OccamsRazor

Uh... Huh...

👍

Alas, to my knowledge, there isn't any way I could prove to you that with the exception of this, I haven't spent a dime on this game:

i

Though I suppose whether or not zero dollars counts as spending money is more of a philosophical question than anything else.

May 5, 2023, 15:1305/05/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Alas, to my knowledge, there isn't any way I could prove to you that with the exception of this, I haven't spent a dime on this game:

i

Though I suppose whether or not zero dollars counts as spending money is more of a philosophical question than anything else.

You are no longer f2p!!! I am not since I bought first forge pass (no regrets), nothing since.

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 15:2005/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

You are no longer f2p!!! I am not since I bought first forge pass (no regrets), nothing since.

I have gotten 3? of the Forge Passes now. I don't regret it tbh.

May 5, 2023, 15:3105/05/23
04/06/22

Well, harleQuinn, you are right, I do not believe you, okay?

May 5, 2023, 15:3305/05/23
04/06/22
Ratted

Why would you disrespect probably the best mod around?  I know you're not new to the forums so you'll know that Quinn does everything to help others, even posting FW teams - and for the record they weren't all composed of Legendaries, they often utilised rares that were geared to win in teams with good synergy, and the advice was solid also, gear one team to complete not multiple teams, complete then regear the next FW dungeon

Just because you can't do it does not make folk who can and did liars

"Disrespecting"? One, Quinn has never given me any useful advice when I have asked for it, and two... I find such a claim very, very hard to believe, even HellHades doesn't make such a claim. 

dthorne04Moderator
May 5, 2023, 15:3905/05/23
May 5, 2023, 15:39(edited)
12/30/20
OccamsRazor

"Disrespecting"? One, Quinn has never given me any useful advice when I have asked for it, and two... I find such a claim very, very hard to believe, even HellHades doesn't make such a claim. 

Okie dokie, that's about enough of the cynical, disrespectful nonsense. 

If you feel like you've never received good advice from her, then that's 100% on your end. I do not know if it is an inability to listen, apply information or perhaps a combo of both. 

In any event, quit being rude for no reason and jog on since all you seem to want to do in this thread is bring people down. 

May 5, 2023, 16:0205/05/23
06/05/22
OccamsRazor

This might be a bit off-topic, but Hell Hades, just like most content creators, is a middling player at best. Very good at giving essentially correct advice to newbies, but nowhere near the top when it comes to deeply understanding the game.

That said, if you ask hell hades directly whether he thinks Lydia can be obtained in a reasonable time as FTP, he would very likely answer yes. I suggest you hop into his next stream on youtube and ask him.

I completed FW on an account that has spent somewhere in the $100 range, a bit more than 1 year in. While it depends a bit on champion luck, I'm sure I could do it on a FTP account in at most 2 years. It would probably take much less time if I focused the entire account only on achieving this. But it's hard to give a definite timeline, as 3 starring the higher stages almost requires a reviver, and I might just not get one for one of the factions.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 5, 2023, 16:1405/05/23
06/24/19

Can't complete X without spending = I'm bad at this game, refuse to take advice from more experienced players, and in general are just miserable.

👍 if you think I'm full of Apricots.