All Categories

Best Pythion blessing?

Best Pythion blessing?

Search
Apr 29, 2023, 14:0704/29/23
11/19/22

Best Pythion blessing?

So I've finally got a blessing from the soul merchant for Pythion - only 1 star, but it's a start. It also means I'm going to get very limited advantage from whatever I got so I want to get whatever will be the most efficient.

I use Pythion everywhere for everything, so a lot of blessings are potentially suitable in the long-term. However, the two I figure I'll get the most advantage out of with just a 1-star blessing in the short-term are Lightning Cage or Ward of the Fallen. 

(Brimstone would probably be no good because Pythion has extremely low accuracy, and I'm holding out for brimstone on Noct).

For LC, it means it's block debuffs that will likely be protected, which will help with his usability and effectiveness overall - plus a chance of bonus damage to CB, which could be a good incremental improvement as I work my way from Nightmare to UNM.

Alternatively, Ward of the Fallen offers a chance for damage reduction, which could be useful anywhere regardless. 

I figure I can simply change Pythion's blessing later to something more suitable, once I have more champs with blessings and higher stars, but for the moment I'm looking to get the most out of 1-star for someone ued everywhere, but especially for any CB advantage.

Any thoughts?

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Apr 30, 2023, 01:3704/30/23
12/30/20

If you're going to use Pythion in Arena, I think hands down the best blessing is Polymorph. I think we're really looking for one of the blessings that boosts HP/DEF more than something like Cage that boosts attack and crit damage. 

One of the benefits about Poly, Faultless Defense, and perhaps Miracle Heal or Intimidating Presence is that they'll bring completely defensive stats (DEF/HP/RES) rather than attack/cdmg. I think I'd go Poly because Pythion is such a tremendous Arena champ that I suspect you'll always be using, but Intimidating Presence could make sense in the right teams.