All Categories

Live Arena Area Bonus Crest conversion broken?

Search
Apr 28, 2023, 18:3104/28/23
01/28/21

The conversion from Silver crests to Bronze does not appear to be happening for Area Bonus Upgrades.  If your demon lord crit damage is 2/10 and you want to upgrade to 3/10 it should cost 600 bronze or 300 silver.  But if you don't have bronze and you go to update it reflects it will cost  600 silver.  

As a test I decided to "waste" 100 silver crests by upgrading Demon Lord SPD to level 1/10 at a cost of 100 bronze or 100 silver.  Since I only have silver I upgraded and sure enough my silver crest total decreased by a full 100, not 50.  

Will this be addressed?

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 28, 2023, 18:4604/28/23
07/15/20

its part of the deal. 

Take one, pay two, 

Apr 28, 2023, 18:4604/28/23
Apr 28, 2023, 18:47(edited)
09/14/20

It is intended as the number of rewards is rasing as well....unfortunately the ratio is not the same as the jump of 2:1 in Classic arena...actually you are earning about 50% less medals in higher Live arena tiers than in Classic arena...

If you do the comparison between the extremes, you earn 1 bronze medal in bronze 1 CA and 4 Gold medals in Gold 4...so in Gold 4 you earn a conversed 16 bronze medals.

In Live arena, you earn 10 bronze in B1 and 70 in Gold 4...unfortunately this is also only worth 70 bronze medals..

In comparison, you earn less than 50% of the medals in higher up Gold LA. To compensate for this...reaching LA G4 will be virtually impossible for 95% of the player base....

Apr 28, 2023, 18:5104/28/23
06/25/20

Why would you think reaching G4 will be impossible for 95% of the playerbase?

In fact, I daresay reaching G4 will be almost a guarantee for a big chunk of the playerbase, because better players will just continuously rise higher and higher due to point inflation (win = 5, loss = -4), and so the pool of players that are at the lower end will continuously get weaker and weaker. It'll just take a while.

Apr 28, 2023, 19:1504/28/23
09/14/20

Because you will need to have a win rate of 50+ once you reach Silver to even advance. With a rate of 50%, you are gaining about 5 points each day if you are willing to play 10 LA matches each day...that means you will need about  2 years to get into G4 with that rate.  

In the higher parts, you will encounter more developped accounts and I think that most players cannot achieve a 50% rate if matched with whale accounts. Let's say, that most of the G4 players get a 60% win rate...that means an equal number is getting a 40% rate..that means actually dropping in points and getting into G3...here they are the ones getting 60% win rate and rising again, while others in G3 get the 40%...which means dropping...

I am convinced, that not every player as he rises in the tiers will keep his 50%+ rate...and that it becomes more difficult in higher up tiers...therefor I think that most of the players will never reach G4 in LA.

Apr 28, 2023, 19:2104/28/23
06/25/20
Matrim

Because you will need to have a win rate of 50+ once you reach Silver to even advance. With a rate of 50%, you are gaining about 5 points each day if you are willing to play 10 LA matches each day...that means you will need about  2 years to get into G4 with that rate.  

In the higher parts, you will encounter more developped accounts and I think that most players cannot achieve a 50% rate if matched with whale accounts. Let's say, that most of the G4 players get a 60% win rate...that means an equal number is getting a 40% rate..that means actually dropping in points and getting into G3...here they are the ones getting 60% win rate and rising again, while others in G3 get the 40%...which means dropping...

I am convinced, that not every player as he rises in the tiers will keep his 50%+ rate...and that it becomes more difficult in higher up tiers...therefor I think that most of the players will never reach G4 in LA.

But presumably there'll be some people who will have >50% WR - the better the account/player, the more likely the win. As those better players continue going up, players who were at 50% will start to have higher win rates, and that cycle will continue.

Though how long that'll take? I haven't a clue. This isn't exactly my area of expertise :) 

Apr 28, 2023, 19:2504/28/23
09/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

But presumably there'll be some people who will have >50% WR - the better the account/player, the more likely the win. As those better players continue going up, players who were at 50% will start to have higher win rates, and that cycle will continue.

Though how long that'll take? I haven't a clue. This isn't exactly my area of expertise :) 

Yes, they might get up...but will the match making be according to the number of arena points you have or based on the tier in which you are fighting. With the first option, you might be right...with the second option my fears might be confirmed...

If we take into account how Plarium will think about this...do you think they will take the first option in which everybody could achieve this or do you think the 2nd option is more likely in which you will have to spend to get into higher tiers? 

Apr 28, 2023, 19:2804/28/23
06/25/20

Honestly? I'd guess the former, since it's essentially how classic/tag works. If you're at 3500 rating in classic, you're not going to see people who are 4000+. Similarly, in tag, if you're at 1350, you might very occasionally see people much higher or lower than you, but most of your opponents will be around the same rating as you are.

Apr 28, 2023, 19:5304/28/23
09/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

Honestly? I'd guess the former, since it's essentially how classic/tag works. If you're at 3500 rating in classic, you're not going to see people who are 4000+. Similarly, in tag, if you're at 1350, you might very occasionally see people much higher or lower than you, but most of your opponents will be around the same rating as you are.

I knock on wood that your prediction is true,,,;-) 

i

Apr 28, 2023, 19:5804/28/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

May not be your area of expertise, but you are spot on.  The point inflation in the system will continue to push everyone up. It's a net positive system like classic, whereas I think tag is actually net negative.

I'm too lazy to do any actual calculations, but my inclination is that the push will accelerate once bronze empties out.  Though that could be mitigated if the bots are removed from the pool.

The 5/4 design seems simplistic, but possibly the right balance.