All Categories

Help me prioritize my absolute best champs for the best gear

Search
Apr 26, 2023, 16:4804/26/23
06/16/22

I'm fairly mid game right now, after having just pulled Mithrala and Michinaki I've been trying to move my gear around so that my absolute best champions have the best gear on them. 

I'll generally break down where I'm using my top champs: 

I really need to identify who are my top champions in certain areas and set specific gear for specific roles

Top Champions (booked Legendaries):

• Gnishak (Clan boss, Dungeons, Arena, Doom tower) - he's very strong for me
  • Mithrala (just pulled her - I assume mostly in Arena, Hydra, Doom, Dungeons)
  • Helicath (mainly only Clan boss for UK - I'm not really sure where else to put him)
  • Walking Tomb Dreng (Hydra, Spider, Doom Tower)
  • Kantra (Hydra - should I put her anywhere else?)
  • Pythion (Dungeons, Hydra, Arena)
  • Michinaki (Just pulled, but mainly Hydra and Clan boss substitute for Rhazin against Spirit)
  • Prince Kymar (Spider, Arena)
  • UDK (I really haven't been using UDK much anymore even though he's booked. I booked him wayyy back when he was a free login champ, and I haven't put much effort into him - should I re-focus on him?)
  • Rhazin (Clan boss - I booked him a long time ago for the Dec Def and Weaken), his gear is pretty average / lackluster. Curious if I should build for something specific. 

Non Booked Legendaries (strong champs)

• Georgid (arena)
  • Visix (mainly just FW and Hydra team 2)
  • Arbiter (arena)
  • Ukko (mainly FW, hydra team 2)
  • Soulless (tag team, FW)
  • Deliana (Hydra team 2)

Booked Epic Champions (most used to least):

• Uugo (Had her as one of my earliest pulls, she's been in everything for me)
  • Demytha (UK CB)
  • Doompriest (UK CB)
  • Akentum (pulled recently, been pretty fun, mostly Dungeons and Doom)
  • Vogoth (arena, Hydra provoke backup behind Kantra)
  • Deacon (arena)
  • Seer (I don't honestly really use her much, even though she's booked)
  • Husk (Don't use in Hydra yet, i don't know why)
  • Stag knight (arena, Iron Twins)
  • Nia (was in my killable CB, she does nothing - I still think shes great though)
  • Priest Orn (Ice Golem only)
  • Hotatsu (was in my killable CB, now only Faction Wars)
  • Anchorite (same as Hotatsu)

Here's some of the champs that are fairly strong on my list: 

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

And here's some champs that I've either taken gear from, or kinda haven't built in a long time:

i

i

i

i

Nia was in fact someone I got during the guarenteed, and I really haven't touched here since I replaced my killable CLan Boss team with and Unkillable. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 26, 2023, 17:2604/26/23
06/25/20

You're approaching this question backwards. You don't start by saying "which champs need gear". You start by saying "which content is next on my list to overcome". Then, from there, you look at what you currently have to work with. If you're able to overcome it just by virtue of building a proper team from who you already have, then you're done.

On the other hand, if you can't, then you next look at who you have and ask yourself whether you need better gear for them. If the answer to that is yes, then you start looking at what gear you have.

So, I put the ball back in your court. What are you trying to overcome?

Apr 26, 2023, 18:0804/26/23
Apr 26, 2023, 18:09(edited)
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

You're approaching this question backwards. You don't start by saying "which champs need gear". You start by saying "which content is next on my list to overcome". Then, from there, you look at what you currently have to work with. If you're able to overcome it just by virtue of building a proper team from who you already have, then you're done.

On the other hand, if you can't, then you next look at who you have and ask yourself whether you need better gear for them. If the answer to that is yes, then you start looking at what gear you have.

So, I put the ball back in your court. What are you trying to overcome?

It just seemed like I have a bunch of champions that are sort of half-baked, where I should try to focus on prioritzing certain champs that I have booked into certain roles (I.e. putting UDK in a new Stoneskin set and focus him in Arena / Live), or focusing some of my gear in strong PVE champions like a better Uugo, or making someone in particular better. 

My thinking is to set of "who are my best champions" and the roles for each of them, and then make them shine where they are good.  

So right now: 

• Dungeons: I would love to be able to do Spider Hard, I feel like I have a team in there somewhere but I don't know exactly what it is. For Dragon, I'm on like Hard 7 or something, and I generally just run IG and FK 20. 
  • Arena: Tag: I'd like to progress in Tag Team, moving into Silver (currenly Bronze 4). I'd like to progress a bit in Live Arena - but it's mostly just a time sink it seems.  
  • Hydra: This is probably the spot I want to try to gear the most around (if that is smart) - as I feel like I have a solid team in there, but I need to gear and prioritze some things. 
  • Doom Tower: I got stuck on Agreth (floor 60 hard) I think last rotation, and would love to be able to progress in Hard a bit further. 

Apr 26, 2023, 18:1804/26/23
06/25/20

Too much to focus on. Pick one at a time, don't spread yourself too thin.

Apr 26, 2023, 19:0304/26/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

this ^^^

your problem is too many champs in average at best gear... finish fw (not on your list) so you are farming perception mats.... 90% of champs can be geared in it....

Apr 26, 2023, 19:5204/26/23
06/16/22
Trips

this ^^^

your problem is too many champs in average at best gear... finish fw (not on your list) so you are farming perception mats.... 90% of champs can be geared in it....

my problem there is that I run out of the Rarity and Star mats constantly.

Apr 26, 2023, 19:5304/26/23
06/16/22
Trips

this ^^^

I'm also limited on the purple mats...how do I solve that lol

i

Apr 26, 2023, 22:0904/26/23
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

Well, I'm looking for direction or team comps within each one of those sections...

I have the champions, and I have a bunch of gear, I want to know which champions are my hands down best champions. Basically like "Mithrala is your best champ", "Arbiter should have all your speed gear" or "Don't worry about Arbiter she's not meta anymore, put all your speed into Kymar", yadda yadda. 

Apr 26, 2023, 22:1104/26/23
06/25/20
kmanmott

Well, I'm looking for direction or team comps within each one of those sections...

I have the champions, and I have a bunch of gear, I want to know which champions are my hands down best champions. Basically like "Mithrala is your best champ", "Arbiter should have all your speed gear" or "Don't worry about Arbiter she's not meta anymore, put all your speed into Kymar", yadda yadda. 

You're asking an impossible question to answer. There is no such thing as a "best champ". There isn't even a "best champ for this content".

You need to be saying "I want to get to X in content Y, how can I do that". For example, "I want to get 1-key UNM", or "I want to be able to solo farm Dragon20", or "I need advice on how I can get past floors 110+ in DTH".

Apr 26, 2023, 23:1304/26/23
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

You're asking an impossible question to answer. There is no such thing as a "best champ". There isn't even a "best champ for this content".

You need to be saying "I want to get to X in content Y, how can I do that". For example, "I want to get 1-key UNM", or "I want to be able to solo farm Dragon20", or "I need advice on how I can get past floors 110+ in DTH".

Aren't there in general just better champs though - like someone like Duchess or Mithrala? Shouldn't they be prioritized? I understand your feedback, but there certainly has to be a best set of champions for me in general - but yes I do want to do better in Hydra mainly. 

Apr 26, 2023, 23:2304/26/23
06/25/20

No, there really aren't. For example, the two you mentioned - I don't have Duchess, but I certainly don't use Mithrala everywhere, and even if I had Duchess, I expect there's quite a few places I wouldn't use her.

If your focus right now is Hydra - which, to be honest, it probably shouldn't be - then you'll need to post your full roster so we can help you build your teams out, because that is absolutely one of the places where you cannot say "I'll use this champ on any team".

Do you already get top UNM and NM chest? Have you already got FW cleared to at least stage 20 on each faction? Do you already have all dungeons except FK solo-farmed? Are you already able to clear DT normal on all rotations, and get to at least floor 100 on DTH?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, then Hydra should not be your priority.

Apr 27, 2023, 00:1904/27/23
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

No, there really aren't. For example, the two you mentioned - I don't have Duchess, but I certainly don't use Mithrala everywhere, and even if I had Duchess, I expect there's quite a few places I wouldn't use her.

If your focus right now is Hydra - which, to be honest, it probably shouldn't be - then you'll need to post your full roster so we can help you build your teams out, because that is absolutely one of the places where you cannot say "I'll use this champ on any team".

Do you already get top UNM and NM chest? Have you already got FW cleared to at least stage 20 on each faction? Do you already have all dungeons except FK solo-farmed? Are you already able to clear DT normal on all rotations, and get to at least floor 100 on DTH?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, then Hydra should not be your priority.

• I clear Brutal + NM + UNM daily with 4 keys. 
  • I do not have every faction at 20
  • I can solo dragon 20, possibly IG as well, but definitely not Spider. 
  • Yes I clear DT normal, about 60th floor hard. 

Apr 27, 2023, 03:1804/27/23
Apr 27, 2023, 03:18(edited)
06/25/20

So, then, it sounds like the things you need to focus on are:

1) Get a Spider20 and IG20 solo farmer,

2) Get the remaining factions that you can't clear to 20 complete,

3) Get to at least floor 100 on DTH.

Pick one. I'll start with the easy one - the spider solo farmer. I would be shocked if Dreng wasn't able to do it, but if you don't want to use him there because you have him geared for something else, then Akoth can absolutely do it instead. And he can also do IG20.

Apr 27, 2023, 05:1504/27/23
Apr 27, 2023, 05:15(edited)
04/24/22

Trust these advice op , i was on the same boat as you a month or 2 ago ... personal progression is where everything is at .. and for that , a specific overall or best champ overall does not exist .

1st is clan boss 

2nd is solo farmers for dungeons (since you can double dip dungeon divers and champ training alongside the dungeon tournament when you achieve this)

3rd would be hydra but the normal one , to make sure you get mithrala asap but otherwise not a focus 

4th , which would be 3rd when you get mithrala is pushing DT and DTH every reset 

5th maybe potion keep teams to make it quick and fast to gather potions when needed 

and lastly FW , this can be tricky since it depends on your champs and pulls but i would certainly not build a rare just to get lydia a week earlier . (debatable ofc but thats my pov on FW)

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 27, 2023, 11:0504/27/23
02/24/19

I think Trips is spot on that we want to go ahead and start pushing Faction Wars. Getting Lydia and opening up farming every faction crypt is gigantic step in the progression ladder of Raid. 

Lydia is still bonkers good, and just makes building lots of PvE teams way easier. Perception gear is still the best stuff around.

There's a FW thread floating around by yours truly if you want to start on that, just post your roster and where you're at in there and we'll see about getting you there.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 27, 2023, 11:0604/27/23
02/24/19

Oh... and if you'd prefer focusing Hydra like I was seeing Kram mention, please drop your roster and we can try and come up with some solid Hydra teams and then you can go about getting them geared. Hydra gear requirements and the stats can be quite challenging for accounts that aren't solidly late game, so it's good to gear those teams out as a priority if you're looking to do that content well. :)