All Categories

Hard mode FK needs some tuning

Search
Apr 21, 2023, 19:4204/21/23
06/25/20

So, having finally reached FK10, I feel I can provide some valid feedback. The boss is tough, as intended, but there's a few things which make this fight just feel unfair.

For starters, the elephant in the room is clearly the janky Raid AI. They obviously hotfixed some champs, such as Coldheart, who will specifically use their A1 instead of their A2 and A3 while the boss has the shield up - but everyone else is left to fend for themselves. This has obvious consequences when relying on certain debuffs to make the fight more manageable - such as, speed down. That said, even with this issue fixed, I don't think it's enough.

As it stands, you basically need to solve three problems in one. You obviously need to bring the shield down in order to do anything. Further, you need block healing, or else you won't outpace the boss regen. And, lastly, you need some way to actually stay alive.

For anyone without either Valk or Cardiel, those problems are practically unsolvable. But let's make the assumption that you do have one of those. My current team is Valk + CH + Helicath + Fatman + Kimi. Everyone except Helicath is at 305+ SPD, and I have an extra +6 speed from GH. I actually am able to bring the shield down, and, on manual, I think I'd be able to win pretty consistently. On auto, though, it's practically impossible, mainly because of the aforementioned AI problems, but even with those fixed, it'd be dicey.

The reason for that is mainly because even with all those other problems to overcome, there's two other ones that just make it even more difficult - namely, you need enough accuracy to land your debuffs, and you need enough resist to stop the boss from placing DEF down + SPD down.

My suggestion is quite simple - just make the boss a bit slower. That should solve all of the above problems. I don't know what the boss speed is right now, but I'd suggest dropping it by around 25 for starters, and seeing how things look after that - but possibly as much as dropping it by 50.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Apr 21, 2023, 20:2604/21/23
12/30/20

Thanks for the feedback.

For what it's worth this has been passed along quite a bit, i.e. the overtuned nature of Hard FK10. Hard to argue that it doesn't put a ton of pressure on with regards to speeds and highly specific champions. It's to the point where I know a ton of later game - if not end game - people that straight up have not bothered and won't until there's some combination of a nerf and catching up with Area Bonuses. 

Apr 22, 2023, 00:4504/22/23
11/29/20

I'm fine with it being hard, because it does drop a large portion of the most sought after gear in the game imo.  FK is actually the only dungeon I care to farm....

but alas, i can't do hard because I don't have valk or cardiel and even checking hellhades team optimizer for teams, there's nothing past hard 4 or 5 with my champ pool.  i have a decent pool,. but needing two specific champs is ridiculous, especially if those champs weren't recent fusions or daily logins or DT or something.

and now with hard there's not a lot of motivation to farm for outdated gear on normal lol.

Apr 22, 2023, 06:1304/22/23
12/09/22

Just theory crafting. If you had to replace Helicath and Kimi, what would u put in place?

May 2, 2023, 22:5405/02/23
12/19/19

With FK super raids and cvc energy to burn in 2 days, has anyone come up with any strats for the non valk/cardiel masses?

Any energizer bunny comp?

Obviously not looking for hard 10, but I'm either running 20/25 or hard ? (Assuming I can beat 1 lol)

May 2, 2023, 23:0105/02/23
06/25/20

I haven't invested any more time in this since my original post. I'm tempted to try the bunny out, but I'm very doubtful it'd be consistent. Even if I had him at like, say, 300 speed similar to Kimi, the likeihood that everything lines up perfectly in terms of his moves alongside blockdamage/shield is low. I'm sure at some point he'll be caught unprotected when the boss hits, and at that point it's game over.

May 2, 2023, 23:0505/02/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

I haven't invested any more time in this since my original post. I'm tempted to try the bunny out, but I'm very doubtful it'd be consistent. Even if I had him at like, say, 300 speed similar to Kimi, the likeihood that everything lines up perfectly in terms of his moves alongside blockdamage/shield is low. I'm sure at some point he'll be caught unprotected when the boss hits, and at that point it's game over.

Can you safely auto a certain stage? Just curious, as irrelevant for my current roster  :)

May 3, 2023, 02:0605/03/23
06/25/20
Trips

Can you safely auto a certain stage? Just curious, as irrelevant for my current roster  :)

I'll give it a try - probably somewhere around 6 should be fine. But how would that help? You asked for one without Valk?

May 5, 2023, 15:0905/05/23
06/25/20
Trips

So, I did auto FK6 a few times successfully, but then got a string of fails. Wasn't watching to see whether or not it was somethin which could be fixed by auto-ai settings, though. For now I'm just sticking with 24.

May 5, 2023, 15:1105/05/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

So, I did auto FK6 a few times successfully, but then got a string of fails. Wasn't watching to see whether or not it was somethin which could be fixed by auto-ai settings, though. For now I'm just sticking with 24.

I have valk but no cardiel on alt. Neither on main. I'll stick to 20, 25 for cvc... sand devil is priority 1

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 15:5005/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

I have valk but no cardiel on alt. Neither on main. I'll stick to 20, 25 for cvc... sand devil is priority 1

Building your SD team when? The people want to know....

May 5, 2023, 16:3505/05/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Building your SD team when? The people want to know....

Building the 24 o 25 team is probably the easy part,  manual my way there first is holding me back

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 16:5405/05/23
May 5, 2023, 16:54(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

Building the 24 o 25 team is probably the easy part,  manual my way there first is holding me back

The Ninja Aniri team is pretty quick to manual through if you build it for the 24/25 stats. Just A1 from Aniri until Ninja goes down, use his burn, rinse and repeat. I found it easiest to leave off his ring and his helm to make sure the sleep kill AoE always downed him, then put them back on at 21 or so?

May 5, 2023, 16:5505/05/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

The Ninja Aniri team is pretty quick to manual through if you build it for the 24/25 stats. Just A1 from Aniri until Ninja goes down, use his burn, rinse and repeat. I found it easiest to leave off his ring and his helm to make sure the sleep kill AoE always downed him, then put them back on at 21 or so?

Yep. Just need those sweet sweet stats and regen gear :/

May 5, 2023, 16:5505/05/23
06/05/22

I'm a bit late to this thread.

My team does have a valk, but I'd like to highlight some champs that work well against FK shield.

- Gnishak. Triple hit A1, and puts out a ton of bombs + poisons that take down the boss slowly but surely. If I remember correctly, his A2 generates extra hits against the shield when it pops bombs.

- Poison activators. Venomage, Dark Kael, Teodor, etc. Each poison pop is an extra hit. That makes Veno a 4 hitter, Dark Kael on average a 5 hitter, and Teodor up to a 10 hitter.

Yes, the lack of smart auto settings hurts champs like venomage a lot. But still, my feeling is that FK 6h should be possible to auto without valk/martyr.

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 16:5605/05/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Do you not have the stats yet? Or just need an example, cause I can put em up for you.

I ran Conan the Referrarian too, but he requires even higher stats in Regen/Immortal AND was slower.

May 5, 2023, 17:0305/05/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I have ninja in dps lifesteal and dreng in random 2pc sets for speed resist hp, so need to pick 1.  Guessing dreng in regen is better for hydra anyway. Both are used in dt hard bosses, but neither irreplaceable.  Is their another dps option? Could use an excuse to gear someone else and clear 6 more inventory slots 😆. 

May 5, 2023, 17:1605/05/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Do you not have the stats yet? Or just need an example, cause I can put em up for you.

I ran Conan the Referrarian too, but he requires even higher stats in Regen/Immortal AND was slower.

More just that I haven't gotten around to adjusting it. Last I checked I needed a smidge more speed on Ninja to be able to get two turns before the boss wakes up.

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 17:1605/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

I have ninja in dps lifesteal and dreng in random 2pc sets for speed resist hp, so need to pick 1.  Guessing dreng in regen is better for hydra anyway. Both are used in dt hard bosses, but neither irreplaceable.  Is their another dps option? Could use an excuse to gear someone else and clear 6 more inventory slots 😆. 

Not really, at least as far as getting any runs done quickly. Champs like Septimus seem to be in the 8-12 minute range while Ninja does it in like 2-2:30.

If it was me, and it was, I kept Dreng for Hydra and used Ninja and don't regret it.

May 5, 2023, 17:2005/05/23
06/25/20
Urlibu FTP

I'm a bit late to this thread.

My team does have a valk, but I'd like to highlight some champs that work well against FK shield.

- Gnishak. Triple hit A1, and puts out a ton of bombs + poisons that take down the boss slowly but surely. If I remember correctly, his A2 generates extra hits against the shield when it pops bombs.

- Poison activators. Venomage, Dark Kael, Teodor, etc. Each poison pop is an extra hit. That makes Veno a 4 hitter, Dark Kael on average a 5 hitter, and Teodor up to a 10 hitter.

Yes, the lack of smart auto settings hurts champs like venomage a lot. But still, my feeling is that FK 6h should be possible to auto without valk/martyr.

Sadly, until you try this out you won't realise the many reasons those kind of champs don't work.

To begin with - there's very limited space to actually fit people onto a team. I run Valk, Helicath, Kimi, Coldheart, and Fatman. None can be flat-out replaced.

To your examples - Dark Kael is a good one to potentially add in, probably in-place of Coldheart. But then you lose the heal reduction. Venomage? Similarly good, but this time you are relying on the A3 being available to use when the boss shield is down, ontop of losing a hit on your A1. Gnishak? Two problems with him - for starters, he doesn't bring a heal reduction, which means you'd need someone else to bring that, which makes an already difficult problem even harder. And secondly, the extra turn means he's almost certainly going to be caught with his pants down when the boss hits.

dthorne04Moderator
May 5, 2023, 17:2205/05/23
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

what can you get to, out of curiosity? I feel like you have to be close if you can find some stuff with room to glyph.