All Categories

Why doesn't Plarium censor spam in game chat?

Search
Apr 20, 2023, 14:0604/20/23
11/19/22

Why doesn't Plarium censor spam in the game's global chat? I've been playing for 5 months now, and the globabl chat server is always flooded with spam, especially for raidshadow .club. Game chat is useless for players, only good for spambots, so why is it still left that way? Surely it wouldn't be hard to censor the most active spam domains?

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 20, 2023, 19:4404/20/23
06/05/22

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Obviously, that spammy website is run by plarium itself, for price discrimination. They sell stuff expensively through the official shop, and simultaneously sell the same stuff cheaper through a sketchy shop.

There can be no other explanation, this is too perfect.

All kidding aside, I never could figure out how these websites claim to hook you up with gems. You can't transfer them between accounts, so either they're a scam or they have someone on the inside. Pssst, this bag of gems just fell off the back of a truck.

Apr 20, 2023, 23:5804/20/23
11/29/20
Urlibu FTP

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Obviously, that spammy website is run by plarium itself, for price discrimination. They sell stuff expensively through the official shop, and simultaneously sell the same stuff cheaper through a sketchy shop.

All kidding aside, I never could figure out how these websites claim to hook you up with gems. You can't transfer them between accounts, so either they're a scam or they have someone on the inside. Pssst, this bag of gems just fell off the back of a truck.

considering legit real people get banned left and right for just chatting and the bots can spam night and day, i don't think you're very far off.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 21, 2023, 00:0204/21/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

*puts on tinfoil hat*

It's a bot farm.

The bots create thousands of accounts and just collect gems and free gifts and packs on them for enough time to get to "x number". Then someone buys the account, and there's a good chance it gets banned straight off, or gets recovered by the bot farmer and the buyer is full on scammed.

Either way, buying/selling is against ToS, and these ads are a scam.

Sure, it would be nice if the spam bot got the scam accounts better, but so it is right now. There is potential chat fixes in the future, but there are other things to be finished first.

Apr 22, 2023, 04:1804/22/23
11/19/22

I just find it odd that Plarium allows itself to be so readily abused and its customers routinely subjected to scams. I can't imagine any other company tolerating that. Maybe if Plarium got a better handle on the flood of bots using up its network resources, it might not have so many network problems? :)

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 22, 2023, 10:3204/22/23
02/24/19
Fathertron

I just find it odd that Plarium allows itself to be so readily abused and its customers routinely subjected to scams. I can't imagine any other company tolerating that. Maybe if Plarium got a better handle on the flood of bots using up its network resources, it might not have so many network problems? :)

I know they are looking at a number of solutions now, so I perhaps don't see it quite as starkly black and white as maybe this post would imply it is.

I hope to see changes sooner than later, but I am also told the bots catch the largest majority of the spam and scams. Hopefully upcoming changes continue to increase the number of bots caught in the net. :)