All Categories

Advice appreciated. Who should be my third 6 star?

Search
Jan 21, 2023, 03:0101/21/23
01/19/23

Hi, relatively early game noob on day 35. Have 6 starred kael and ronda. Wondering who should i 6 star next, or should i wait for some key champions? I have enough food champions to 6 star 2.

related question is what teams should i be focussing on at this stage?

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 21, 2023, 11:2101/21/23
Jan 21, 2023, 11:24(edited)
10/15/20

Good, that you came here to ask for some help. We can give you the advice not to repeat the mistakes we made when we started with Raid (or at least the mistakes I made when I started).

1. First of all: stop making new lvl 50 champs. A lot of the champs you made lvl 50 so far are not worth it, you allready wasted a lot of energy and time. Don't make new lvl 50 champs, make lvl 60 instead. The difference in their strength is not 5/6 to 6/6. A lvl 60 is twice as strong as his own lvl 50 version.
  2. No further investment in bad champs: Sorceress, Warpriest, Jizoh. 
  3. No investment at this time in champs that have only a niche use you don't need now. Keep them for later, but don't put your resources in them in early game. Painkeeper, Renegade (Clanboss unkillable teams or skill reset for poison explosion), Metalshaper (Scarab King in Doom Tower), Tallia (damage dealer for Sacred Order krypt, you don't need a third magic affinity damage dealer beside Kael and Ronda for general progression).
  4. I don't know why all of your food champs are at max lvl. Maybe you want to upgrade them once and use them as "chicken" of a higher rank, what I would recommend for leveled champs. But just in case you didn't know: champs used as food for upgrading don't have to be at max lvl, unlike the upgraded champ. For example: if you want to upgrade your Tagoar to 6*, you need 5 champs of 5*. Tagoar has to be lvl 50, but the other 5 may have lvl 1, they only need 5*, their lvl doesn't matter.
  5. Don't use epic champs as food, unlike you really know what you are doing. Especially don't use Sandlasehd Survivor as food, that champ is actually great. Probably not the next 6*, her best use is in later stages of the game. To quote Hell Hades: "Sandlashed is also part of my 100million damage Ultra Nightmare Clan Boss team used to extend the buffs in my team and keep the team alive through her passive Block Damage buff." 🙀
  6. Don't use champs with the fusion symbol as food. I don't know if Sorceress can be used in the fusion with lvl 50. Fusion requirement is lvl 40, I never tested if overleveled champs work. But Heiress and Sorceress can be obtained from the campaign so it's not as crucial to keep them as for shard only champs.
i

All these things said: I would make Tagoar the next lvl 60. You allready have damage to progress in dungeons with Kael and Ronda, now it's time for some defense. He can heal and revive and his A1 gives a def buff to a team member. With that abilities, he can be in every dungeon team and CB in early game, and you don't have any other champ with his abilities.

Jan 22, 2023, 08:2201/22/23
Jan 22, 2023, 08:42(edited)
01/19/23

Oh my word Skadi, that is a totally helpful post and I appreciate it so much! thanks for helping out the noob. 

1. i Have been making level 50 sometimes cos of faction wars I suck so bad. But I do get it distracts me  from being focussed.

2. yeah war priest and sorceress was my first champs beside Kael and I invested in them early and not since. jizoh was definitely a mistake.

3. I do get distracted. When I get metalshaper for example I read up about him, and saw the budget unkillable combo with pain keeper so invested, but then it doesn't rrally work for me right now so I jsut shelve them.

4. some of the food champs are max at 40 cos was building more level 1 4 star to upgrade them to 5 star level 1 food

5. noted on epics not for food and sandlashed Is one of those I have locked.

6. for fusion champs what k should I do with them? i have been using them for food if hellhades says the fused champ is not great. I don't have a lot of space also to keep a lot of them. What is your fusion strategy?

7. I use tagoar a lot so am really happy with your recommendation! I have enough to do a 4th 6 star.  What wouls you recommend is a good 4th to supplement a Ronda, kael, tagoar combo? High Khatun, Psylar? I just got maurading mage too which seems like a good support. 

Jan 22, 2023, 08:4701/22/23
01/19/23

As an add on, this is what I do now in CB with just making Tagoar level 60

i

i

Jan 22, 2023, 11:3301/22/23
10/15/20
Sablemagi

Oh my word Skadi, that is a totally helpful post and I appreciate it so much! thanks for helping out the noob. 

1. i Have been making level 50 sometimes cos of faction wars I suck so bad. But I do get it distracts me  from being focussed.

2. yeah war priest and sorceress was my first champs beside Kael and I invested in them early and not since. jizoh was definitely a mistake.

3. I do get distracted. When I get metalshaper for example I read up about him, and saw the budget unkillable combo with pain keeper so invested, but then it doesn't rrally work for me right now so I jsut shelve them.

4. some of the food champs are max at 40 cos was building more level 1 4 star to upgrade them to 5 star level 1 food

5. noted on epics not for food and sandlashed Is one of those I have locked.

6. for fusion champs what k should I do with them? i have been using them for food if hellhades says the fused champ is not great. I don't have a lot of space also to keep a lot of them. What is your fusion strategy?

7. I use tagoar a lot so am really happy with your recommendation! I have enough to do a 4th 6 star.  What wouls you recommend is a good 4th to supplement a Ronda, kael, tagoar combo? High Khatun, Psylar? I just got maurading mage too which seems like a good support. 

1. Raid is very good in distracting the players. 🙂

4. Ok, I wasn't sure if you know. Some people here in the forum level up the food champs for no reason, it's a quite commen mistake.

6. Champion slots are something worth to invest some silver (early expansion stages) and gems (later stages). If you run out of slots, save your silver until you can buy 10 more.

6a. Relickeeper is a bad champ, you don't need him. But you still have to build him in the fusion, it's part of the quest to get Arbiter. Collecting him from a shard doesn't count for the quest. This fusion has to be done.

6b. Rhazin is a strong champ.

6c. Broadmaw is not among my favourite champs, and with Tagoar you allready have a reviver. But in the end, Broadmaw has his niche use in the faction crypt. You can't bring Tagoar to the lizard faction wars. Later in the game definetly worth building, so keep the rares for this fusion.

7. If there are more epic champs, maybe you could show the rest of your champion roster.

From the champs shown here, I would probably not max High Khatun for now. As long as she doesn't die, she can do her stuff with lvl 50 as good as with lvl 60. I would remove her from the CB team, she is not really good for that content of the game. The clan boss is immune to slow and turnmeter reduction, her speed buff is literally the only thing she provides here.

I would go with Sinesha next. She combines healing with quite good damage and her A2, wich can put skills on cooldown, is really good for arena, even if it's only single target. This ability can't be blocked with block debuffs, an opponent hit with this skill will still be set on cooldown. It can be resited by the resistance stat and needs accuracy to land. But in early arena, most people don't tend to use a lot of res on their champs, especially if they have someone to block debuffs and think they are safe. Another point for Sinesha is her affinity. All of your 3 lvl 60 champs are magic so far, that may lead to problems in your dungeon progression in force affinity stages, where all of them are weak. Sinesha as force affinity damage dealer could help here. The game consideres here as a support champ because she can heal, but don't follow that description. She is a damage dealer with additional healing capability. Definetly go for damage (and accuracy for her A2) on her equip.

Jan 22, 2023, 13:5601/22/23
01/19/23

Noted @skadi thanks a lot.

6. noted on the fusions and will work for them. I did the event where I morag. 

7. Love your comment on sinesha. here is my roster by rarity, in case you had an alternate recommendation. 

i