All Categories

New Fragment Champion - Pythion

New Fragment Champion - Pythion

Search
Comments
Jan 6, 2023, 00:5601/06/23
06/25/20
dthorne04

It has been talked about, but working in concert with Duchess seems sweet. Something like...

Pythion fastest/Duchess or another damage mitigation champion/Ukko/Insert nuker like Candraphon, Mortu, cheaty void nuker if you're blessed in obvious sets is real, real fun on defense. That's one route I plan on exploring, but I really think Pythion is absurd.

There's just some very, very annoying options on defense here, and then making adjustments on offense. 

Okay - so in said team, the main value Pythion is bringing is the debuff removal + block debuffs, alongside a revive?

I'd daresay on that same team, that Raglin would do a better job. Same for Elva. Siphi I think goes without saying as being a better choice here too.

Now, of course, I am obviously being pretty selective with who I'm naming, and not everyone will have those people. I suppose I'm mostly talking from my own perspective, given that I already have a pretty deep selection of these types of champs, between Raglin, Wythir, and Mithrala.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 6, 2023, 01:1601/06/23
Jan 6, 2023, 01:17(edited)
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

Okay - so in said team, the main value Pythion is bringing is the debuff removal + block debuffs, alongside a revive?

I'd daresay on that same team, that Raglin would do a better job. Same for Elva. Siphi I think goes without saying as being a better choice here too.

Now, of course, I am obviously being pretty selective with who I'm naming, and not everyone will have those people. I suppose I'm mostly talking from my own perspective, given that I already have a pretty deep selection of these types of champs, between Raglin, Wythir, and Mithrala.

Omitting the damage mitigation in the passive is a bit of an oversight, no? 

I think you're severely underrating the importance of having all of this jammed into one kit, how well Pythion will play with Stone Skin champs on the same team given the existence of bomb comps built to counter Stone Skin. 

But yes, Pythion is bringing just AoE cleanse, heals, block debuffs on the A2 (the order matters), then the revive that brings further damage mitigation along with HP% + turn meter boost. There is simply no way Raglin does a better job. That is just a patently false and wild take, c'mon. Raglin has the AoE cleanse/heals, but no block debuffs and a single target revive. If you're taking Raglin over Pythion here, I think there's an evaluation error somewhere.

Elva and especially Siphi would be better comparisons, though again, both lack the AoE revive + HP% + turn meter boost skill. I don't have either of them and view Pythion as precisely a champ that will get me to G4 from G3 with a lot less work - and keep me there - along with getting me into Plat by shoring up my defense (especially near reset)

I'd also windmill slam take Pythion over Elva, especially on that listed team. Just endless damage mitigation, cleansing, revives and buff steals/strips from Ukko. I think that's an annoying enough defense if you're gearing competently.

Jan 6, 2023, 01:1901/06/23
Jan 6, 2023, 01:24(edited)
05/03/20
harleQuinn

This is the thing.

While I personally find his kit more useful and would choose to use him if I only had a spot for one, you don't have to use him IN PLACE of Duchess. You can use both and like I wrote earlier, get ridiculous amounts of damage mitigation.

Can they be paired to make a brute force team that never dies?  Not the speed tuned unkillable but they just keep each other alive forever.  

I just used Duchess to keep a bad Scrab team alive for almost 40 mins to win.  

EDIT:  Added 2nd paragraph

Jan 6, 2023, 01:3301/06/23
05/03/20
kramaswamy.kr

You named 3 champs that I dont have.  Pythion would not be as redundant for me.  

Jan 6, 2023, 04:3201/06/23
06/05/22
Fathertron

If it's like the Hoskarul fragment event, there's a chance I can do it. Fingers crossed. :)

Btw, where does the info on Pythion come from? I've seen it posted on Reddit but not on Plarium.com, Raid discord account, or Plarium Raid Facebook account! 

It'll be Hoskarul-style but at a bigger scale. Expect a champion chase and a summon rush, with the possibility of skipping one of the two.

Jan 6, 2023, 05:0401/06/23
04/24/22

last one i did was ukko , first one was helicath , really tempted to go for this one ...

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 6, 2023, 05:0601/06/23
12/30/20
Lyryal

last one i did was ukko , first one was helicath , really tempted to go for this one ...

If you can do this fusion, absolutely go for it fella. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 6, 2023, 06:2601/06/23
Jan 6, 2023, 06:26(edited)
02/24/19
Lyryal

Get it if you can, for sure!

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 6, 2023, 06:2701/06/23
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

Can they be paired to make a brute force team that never dies?  Not the speed tuned unkillable but they just keep each other alive forever.  

I just used Duchess to keep a bad Scrab team alive for almost 40 mins to win.  

EDIT:  Added 2nd paragraph

You'll be able to run them together and make a super tanky team, yes. 

Jan 6, 2023, 09:3201/06/23
02/11/22

I like his A2 for sure. But.... Is it better than Cardiel's ? Cardilel has revive on death with it. He has a strong heal... I think i prefer Cardiel's. Nevertheless, very good ability, and having anotther strong cleanser can never be superfluous.

Jan 6, 2023, 09:4901/06/23
06/20/19
Trips

Best fusion ever probably...

Better than duchess?

Was dutchess a fusion?

Jan 6, 2023, 14:3701/06/23
12/19/19
Angwil

Was dutchess a fusion?

No.  Those are two independent statements.  To clarify:

1. I believe this is best fusion champ forever

2. I'm asking if people believe this champ is better than Duchess, I think that is debatable.  But thst alone is enough to suppurt #1 above.  

For those in G3/G4 Tag, you will be seeing this champ alot (this sucks btw, lol).  And I'm guessing most could squeeze into at least a Hydra C team :)

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 6, 2023, 16:4401/06/23
02/24/19
Trips

2. I'm asking if people believe this champ is better than Duchess, I think that is debatable.  But thst alone is enough to suppurt #1 above.  

For those in G3/G4 Tag, you will be seeing this champ alot (this sucks btw, lol).  And I'm guessing most could squeeze into at least a Hydra C team :)

This guy is gonna be in so many G3/G4 Tag defenses.

And at LEAST a C team is correct. I wonder if him plus Duchess can help DPS champs shrug off Wrath even if he manages to get  Inc Atk up on NM/Brutal.

Jan 6, 2023, 16:4801/06/23
06/20/19
Trips

Thanks for the clarification.  I had taken about a 7 month break from the game awhile back and when I came back duchess owned me.  Just thought I may have missed an opportunity.

Jan 7, 2023, 00:2101/07/23
05/03/20

What will be the shard requirements for Pythion?

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 7, 2023, 02:1801/07/23
Jan 7, 2023, 02:18(edited)
12/30/20
ClosedPoly

What will be the shard requirements for Pythion?

Hopefully you have some Ancients saved up as next Friday should be an Ancients 2x overlapping with Champ Chase. Having somewhere around 1000 points worth for the first 5 fragments, 2500 total for another 10 is about what I expect there. Assuming you aren't in mercy, each Ancient is worth roughly 50 points when you average out the odds. 10 points for rares, 250 for epics, 500 for legendaries (all non voids), whether you get them from shards or otherwise. 

I would assume the Summon Rush is 2k points for first 5 frags, 3500 for the last 15. You can get there with 4 sacreds for 2k points, 7 for 3500, or mix in some mysteries there. 

So, something like 50 ancients for the Champ Chase if you'd like to try to max it out, and 7 sacreds or some mix of sacreds and mysteries for the Summon Rush if you want to max that out. Of course it remains to be seen what final requirements look like, if events can be skipped, etc.

Jan 7, 2023, 02:2601/07/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

Hopefully you have some Ancients saved up as next Friday should be an Ancients 2x overlapping with Champ Chase. Having somewhere around 1000 points worth for the first 5 fragments, 2500 total for another 10 is about what I expect there. Assuming you aren't in mercy, each Ancient is worth roughly 50 points when you average out the odds. 10 points for rares, 250 for epics, 500 for legendaries (all non voids), whether you get them from shards or otherwise. 

I would assume the Summon Rush is 2k points for first 5 frags, 3500 for the last 15. You can get there with 4 sacreds for 2k points, 7 for 3500, or mix in some mysteries there. 

So, something like 50 ancients for the Champ Chase if you'd like to try to max it out, and 7 sacreds or some mix of sacreds and mysteries for the Summon Rush if you want to max that out. Of course it remains to be seen what final requirements look like, if events can be skipped, etc.

Is the fragment format confirmed?

Even if it is fragment, I am expecting (hopefully I am wrong) sone 2023 point-flation.... and even worse not being able to skip events.... Buckle up mods lol

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 7, 2023, 02:3601/07/23
12/30/20
Trips

Is the fragment format confirmed?

Even if it is fragment, I am expecting (hopefully I am wrong) sone 2023 point-flation.... and even worse not being able to skip events.... Buckle up mods lol

Fragment is what the CC's appear to be saying, so that's a pretty good bet.

I personally think this will end up being a difficult fusion given how valuable/account defining it is and am ready for the salt 😂

Jan 7, 2023, 04:3401/07/23
02/11/21
dthorne04

Fragment is what the CC's appear to be saying, so that's a pretty good bet.

I personally think this will end up being a difficult fusion given how valuable/account defining it is and am ready for the salt 😂

I'm saving up my shards and energy, gonna try to f2p it.

Jan 7, 2023, 05:1501/07/23
05/03/20

I used up most of my shards on the last fusion and 2x.  I will likely have to spend to get this one.