Looking for tag help

Search
Jan 2, 2023, 11:5201/02/23
01/15/21

Looking for tag help

Hey all

Logged on to a surprise this morning

i

Not sure why my defence pushed me into G2 - maybe less people are playing over xmas.

I have been in G2 a few times, but never made it to G3, i am completely ftp so dont have the massive extensive roster that some clan mates have but would quite like to have a try at hitting g3

I am struggling to find decent defence teams for g2 however, can someone suggest a few teams? roster below

Thanks

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 2, 2023, 15:3101/02/23
12/19/19

polymorph (sheep) probably needs to replace brimstone for some tag champs, who is your tta defense now?  Using stoneskin on anyone?

Jan 2, 2023, 16:2801/02/23
01/15/21
Trips

polymorph (sheep) probably needs to replace brimstone for some tag champs, who is your tta defense now?  Using stoneskin on anyone?

My teams are all over the place, i use a mortu team,  a stoneskin gaius team and the third changes daily (usually a baron team trying to keep him alive long enough to get skypiercer off)

I definitely have too many brimstone champs, i do have stoneskin on duchess, mortu, gaius, godseeker, rector, sandlashed, baron, ukko and probably a couple of others i have forgotten. Only 1 round on some of them however as i have struggled to get the stats with double stoneskin, especially the stoneskin nukers.

Jan 2, 2023, 17:2101/02/23
12/19/19

Honestly I am no help really, even with 2 g3 accounts lol.  I can advise how to "game" the current system to stay in g2/g3, but not so much on real strategy as I haven't actively done tag last 2 months and the difficulty has risen exponentially...

But you do have a solid enough roster to be scary enough on defense to not get attacked, so unless you want to spend hours in tag...

1. Continue setting weak defense today through CvC.  Farm solos, use gems for a few refills.  Put defense back in with 8+ hours left in CvC while still plenty of solo to get into green.  

2. Just do 5/day or whatever time permits thru weekend.  This leaves me on border of green usually and if I have time on Sunday I can make some effort on offense and usually get to green.

3. Occasionally this gets me to G4.  In which case, I leave solo defense all week to farm and replenish bars.

4. If going to be busy, set full defense all week and just stay green.

With your roster, I doubt you ever fall below g2 now.  G2 is way easier than G3.  G4 is ridiculously difficult for me...

Jan 2, 2023, 18:5201/02/23
01/15/21
Trips

Honestly I am no help really, even with 2 g3 accounts lol.  I can advise how to "game" the current system to stay in g2/g3, but not so much on real strategy as I haven't actively done tag last 2 months and the difficulty has risen exponentially...

But you do have a solid enough roster to be scary enough on defense to not get attacked, so unless you want to spend hours in tag...

1. Continue setting weak defense today through CvC.  Farm solos, use gems for a few refills.  Put defense back in with 8+ hours left in CvC while still plenty of solo to get into green.  

2. Just do 5/day or whatever time permits thru weekend.  This leaves me on border of green usually and if I have time on Sunday I can make some effort on offense and usually get to green.

3. Occasionally this gets me to G4.  In which case, I leave solo defense all week to farm and replenish bars.

4. If going to be busy, set full defense all week and just stay green.

With your roster, I doubt you ever fall below g2 now.  G2 is way easier than G3.  G4 is ridiculously difficult for me...

Cheers, yes i am in the habit of leaving defence out until friday, but i think i will simply have to put it in earlier as you say, its a shame not being able to farm solos though.

Jan 2, 2023, 18:5901/02/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

Cheers, yes i am in the habit of leaving defence out until friday, but i think i will simply have to put it in earlier as you say, its a shame not being able to farm solos though.

I've gotten lazy, not even building new champs at all.  Pulled nehkret during 10x, just geared him during Xmas after 2 months naked.... gemmed masteries but haven't picked any... but his team still never loses on offense lol 😆 😂 

My stone cardinal gaius team still naked...

And I missed the free gear swap days entirely...

Jan 2, 2023, 19:0101/02/23
12/19/19

You will find staying g2/g3 easier than g1 probably, not because teams are easier but activity is really low... at least that's what I think...

Jan 9, 2023, 07:2701/09/23
01/15/21
Trips

You will find staying g2/g3 easier than g1 probably, not because teams are easier but activity is really low... at least that's what I think...

This was a surprise actually, i put defence in from wednesday and was not too hard to hit g3, just long long fights

But, this is the highest i have been :) cheers

i

Jan 9, 2023, 19:1301/09/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

This was a surprise actually, i put defence in from wednesday and was not too hard to hit g3, just long long fights

But, this is the highest i have been :) cheers

i

I think you will find maintaining g3 easy.   I put defense in midweek, then only have to do 15 real battles for the entire week.  Use a few gems for early week refills.  I didn't get hit once on either account after reset yesterday, until I put solo d in this morning. 

Jan 9, 2023, 19:4301/09/23
01/15/21
Trips

I think you will find maintaining g3 easy.   I put defense in midweek, then only have to do 15 real battles for the entire week.  Use a few gems for early week refills.  I didn't get hit once on either account after reset yesterday, until I put solo d in this morning. 

In some ways s4 is harder than g2 as there is so much activity in s4 with people trying to reach g1. I will do as suggested, use a few gems to boost then put in defence midweek, almost tempted to try for g4, but doubt i have the roster or gear for it :). Thanks again 

Jan 9, 2023, 20:5001/09/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

In some ways s4 is harder than g2 as there is so much activity in s4 with people trying to reach g1. I will do as suggested, use a few gems to boost then put in defence midweek, almost tempted to try for g4, but doubt i have the roster or gear for it :). Thanks again 

This is actually a good week to push G4 with tag tournament starting tomorrow.  If you can boost up on last day of tournament while putting defense in on last day to get into green on THursday.  Load up defense with stoneskin and sheep :)

Jan 9, 2023, 20:5701/09/23
12/19/19

Also, I think more try and push for G4 if CvC is coming up.  I do the opposite lol.

Jan 13, 2023, 20:4901/13/23
01/15/21
Trips

This is actually a good week to push G4 with tag tournament starting tomorrow.  If you can boost up on last day of tournament while putting defense in on last day to get into green on THursday.  Load up defense with stoneskin and sheep :)

Put my defence in yesterday, astonished that i am being hit so little and winning in defence considering it is g3 to be honest, gonna try for g4 as im in green right now.

i

Jan 13, 2023, 20:5001/13/23
06/25/20

What defense teams did you end up going with?

Jan 13, 2023, 21:0001/13/23
Jan 13, 2023, 21:02(edited)
01/15/21
kramaswamy.kr

What defense teams did you end up going with?

Running a fast team with yumeko and baron, i have messed about with that a lot, but i have been putting in a slow damage valk despite the advice that she is a liability, since i think everyone assumes she has accuracy and changes their team accordingly. Its just about yumeko getting a go really, and baron seems to be able to kill without a debuff. 

Running A stoneskin gaius team, he is actually slow and build for damage as well as bombs (attack boots etc). All the team is stoneskin.

And a mortu team, with mithrala and duchess to keep him alive and decided on ukko to strip as his steal is annoying when i fight him. All the team is stoneskin

Jan 13, 2023, 21:0601/13/23
06/25/20
Trevor Wilson

Running a fast team with yumeko and baron, i have messed about with that a lot, but i have been putting in a slow damage valk despite the advice that she is a liability, since i think everyone assumes she has accuracy and changes their team accordingly. Its just about yumeko getting a go really, and baron seems to be able to kill without a debuff. 

Running A stoneskin gaius team, he is actually slow and build for damage as well as bombs (attack boots etc). All the team is stoneskin.

And a mortu team, with mithrala and duchess to keep him alive and decided on ukko to strip as his steal is annoying when i fight him. All the team is stoneskin

I use the same team 2 and 3. Sadly, Yumeko is on a short list of two - her and Warlord. Nobody else can really do what they do.

Jan 13, 2023, 21:1001/13/23
01/15/21
kramaswamy.kr

I use the same team 2 and 3. Sadly, Yumeko is on a short list of two - her and Warlord. Nobody else can really do what they do.

she is an amazing champ for hydra and makes my seer team work for DT  as well