All Categories

QOL patch- a good start

QOL patch- a good start

Search
Dec 3, 2022, 18:4012/03/22
01/15/21

QOL patch- a good start

Having seen the auto climb in the new qol update, i have to say that is a good feature and a good start.

I understand one of the metrics plarium probably monitor is time spent playing, but do think we are at a point where the sheer time taken to do the basics makes people quit. We have lost half a dozen clan mates in 4 months for that reason.

With that in mind can we extend this a bit?

For instance minotaur- today i did the masteries for vogoth through mino, it required a heck of a lot of running exactly the same dungeon time after time after time. Perhaps give an option to input how much energy you want to use, and run the dungeon once.

The same for dragon etc.

The entertainment value of the game is not watching the same dungeon run 9999 times - i bet nobody actually watches those runs.

The entertainment is in building teams that can beat the content.

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 3, 2022, 18:4812/03/22
11/16/20

You're not wrong, but plarium gotta sell those auto battle packs...

Dec 3, 2022, 18:5212/03/22
01/15/21
evilized6666

You're not wrong, but plarium gotta sell those auto battle packs...

True :)

Seriously though i see more people than ever complain about the time impact nowadays and with yet another boss coming out it is set to get worse.

Yes i know you can ignore new content but if you want to compete, can you really?

Dec 3, 2022, 18:5912/03/22
10/11/20

If they want to sell those multi battles, they should add more features to it, like in mino for example, have it stop once all the scrolls are collected, or add the ability to use energy refills instead of gems. If Farbstoff can do it on a laptop sitting in a park while pigeons are capping all over him, surely they can do it too, if they want to. 

Dec 3, 2022, 20:0212/03/22
02/11/21

First, I'd like to know how their process of implementing community requests works. I know mods note some of them up and pass it on to someone (I can only assume community manager). What happens after is anybody's guess. 

What's the thought process, who considers them, how are they brought up? Because there is a case to be made for many different changes, but we have no clue what their thought process is or even who "they" are. Are they worried about losing money? Administrative costs of implementing said changes? Losing engagement? Running out of content? Priorities?

Without knowing that, it's moot to try to craft a message without knowing the audience. I see people trying, but it's either a plea that falls on deaf ears or neverending whining about game not being fair and threats to stop spedning money or quit altogether. 

Dec 3, 2022, 20:4712/03/22
11/16/20
Balltazer

First, I'd like to know how their process of implementing community requests works. I know mods note some of them up and pass it on to someone (I can only assume community manager). What happens after is anybody's guess. 

What's the thought process, who considers them, how are they brought up? Because there is a case to be made for many different changes, but we have no clue what their thought process is or even who "they" are. Are they worried about losing money? Administrative costs of implementing said changes? Losing engagement? Running out of content? Priorities?

Without knowing that, it's moot to try to craft a message without knowing the audience. I see people trying, but it's either a plea that falls on deaf ears or neverending whining about game not being fair and threats to stop spedning money or quit altogether. 

Plarium like all game companies are a business. Things were very very very different long long ago in the gaming industry, that aside the point of a bussiness is to make money.

To that point I imagine the thought process goes along a flow chart of will it make money? If the answer is yes continue to investigate, design, and implement, if the answer is no into the trash it goes.

You can't hate on plarium for this. You only need to look in the mirror. They were not the first to implement micro transactions and they will not be the last.

Dec 3, 2022, 21:4412/03/22
02/11/21
evilized6666

Plarium like all game companies are a business. Things were very very very different long long ago in the gaming industry, that aside the point of a bussiness is to make money.

To that point I imagine the thought process goes along a flow chart of will it make money? If the answer is yes continue to investigate, design, and implement, if the answer is no into the trash it goes.

You can't hate on plarium for this. You only need to look in the mirror. They were not the first to implement micro transactions and they will not be the last.

Business is not that cut and dry....it's not just about making money in a vacuum. That is the downfall of many economists - forgetting that economics is a social science and treating it like a mathematical formula. That's the gap marketing department is supposed to fill. 

Cultivating a customer base and maintining engagement is key in ensuring continuous cash flow. Otherwise, that creek will run dry very fast. If their marketing department is paying attention to the player base, content creators, forums, discord, and other forms of feedback, they should be on alert. 

Sure, we look in the mirror, then what? Blame ourselves? We can do that, but not sure it's good for any business when customers regret doing business with them. It's in their best interest, as a business, to make sure buyer's remorse does not become a regular phenomenon among their customers. 

Dec 3, 2022, 22:2112/03/22
06/05/22

I don't think they'll ever trivialize dungeons or other content by allowing arbitrarily many repetitions with a single run.

But thinking more modestly, it'd be very easy for them to give us something like 2x super raids that are active everywhere all the time. maybe even 3 or 4x.

The other thing that I've found a huge QoL upgrade in other gachas is to make daily quests something like "do 7 out of these 9 quests". That way, each person can drop their least favorite content, while still preserving the business purpose of daily activity.

Dec 3, 2022, 22:4812/03/22
12/19/19
Balltazer

Business is not that cut and dry....it's not just about making money in a vacuum. That is the downfall of many economists - forgetting that economics is a social science and treating it like a mathematical formula. That's the gap marketing department is supposed to fill. 

Cultivating a customer base and maintining engagement is key in ensuring continuous cash flow. Otherwise, that creek will run dry very fast. If their marketing department is paying attention to the player base, content creators, forums, discord, and other forms of feedback, they should be on alert. 

Sure, we look in the mirror, then what? Blame ourselves? We can do that, but not sure it's good for any business when customers regret doing business with them. It's in their best interest, as a business, to make sure buyer's remorse does not become a regular phenomenon among their customers. 

The problem is many use "customer" and "player" interchangeably.   Most of the forum are only the latter.   

And no, the f2p masses are not as important as the spenders. 

So evil is correct.   Hence all new content complained about here, but mostly welcomed by the spenders.

Dec 3, 2022, 23:0912/03/22
Dec 3, 2022, 23:09(edited)
01/15/21
Trips

The problem is many use "customer" and "player" interchangeably.   Most of the forum are only the latter.   

And no, the f2p masses are not as important as the spenders. 

So evil is correct.   Hence all new content complained about here, but mostly welcomed by the spenders.

I am not sure to be honest

For example, lets say you are a plat whale who has done so much dungeon grinding that  you no longer need to grind dungeons.

You now have this new rng to add on to your artifacts, RNG not go your way? back to the dungeon grind for you.

I can imagine some whales being unhappy at this.

Regardless the point remains no-one actually watches their thousands of dungeon runs, its just a pointless tie up of your device. The fun pve wise is finding a team to beat that content.

Dec 3, 2022, 23:3112/03/22
01/15/21

In case I wasn't clear, I am not after reduced energy costs, or reduced difficulty or whining about a champ. I simply want the time investment required to compete to be reduced. These are suggestions to do that. This isn't a whales Vs non whales thing at all, that is an irrelevant issue.

Dec 4, 2022, 01:4012/04/22
11/16/20
Trevor Wilson

I am not sure to be honest

For example, lets say you are a plat whale who has done so much dungeon grinding that  you no longer need to grind dungeons.

You now have this new rng to add on to your artifacts, RNG not go your way? back to the dungeon grind for you.

I can imagine some whales being unhappy at this.

Regardless the point remains no-one actually watches their thousands of dungeon runs, its just a pointless tie up of your device. The fun pve wise is finding a team to beat that content.

That is the true target audience. Whales and even more the krakens.

These are the people who buy those speed, savage, ect gear sets from the shop. Think they care about dungeon grinding they will buy the multi battle packs. Need to grind the new oil for artifact enhancement, nope just buy the upcoming packs for those too.

Everything that they do is first and foremost for the big spenders. Sure the low spender and f2P crowd will be farming more than ever, which is good too because look at how much time the average player spends in our game!

So it's win win for plarium. Big spenders will spend big and everyone else will be more active in game. Both numbers look good on the projector screen in the board room meetings.

Dec 4, 2022, 01:5112/04/22
02/11/22

I agree, they need to find ways to quickly sink energy. Hero Wars is a game that understands this very well. In 5 minutes, you can spend all the energy you got. So you want to keep playing? buy more! They may have overdone it a little, but this game goes all the way to the opposite.

Mindless and endless grind of Minotaur and such things are just huge time sinks. You'll say, "buy the masteries" Yaya, but that doesnt solve the problem, cuz your champions will be level 5-1 and you'll still need to do mindless grinding to get them to 60.

Dec 4, 2022, 03:3612/04/22
02/11/21
evilized6666

That is the true target audience. Whales and even more the krakens.

These are the people who buy those speed, savage, ect gear sets from the shop. Think they care about dungeon grinding they will buy the multi battle packs. Need to grind the new oil for artifact enhancement, nope just buy the upcoming packs for those too.

Everything that they do is first and foremost for the big spenders. Sure the low spender and f2P crowd will be farming more than ever, which is good too because look at how much time the average player spends in our game!

So it's win win for plarium. Big spenders will spend big and everyone else will be more active in game. Both numbers look good on the projector screen in the board room meetings.

I feel like people who buy gear in shop are not ever a consumer segment....those people don't care about money, and they will spend money regardless.  

I think the true target audience is between them and the low spenders. 

Dec 4, 2022, 03:4512/04/22
06/20/19

One suggestion I'd make would be to combine multibattle with super raids.  How ever many multibattles you select, they're all done in one super raid.  They can still sell multibattles.  You have to have the energy to do it.  If you chose 10 runs and are defeated, you lose all that energy.  That would limit many players to stages they are 100%.  Maybe select 4 or & on satages you're confident of,  it not perfect.  What ever the player chooses.