All Categories

A question about general strategy re: leveling to 60

Search
Dec 2, 2022, 02:5112/02/22
07/10/20

Hi all,

So I know the starting advice is to get your starter to 60 and I've done that. But instead of asking "who should I 60 next" I really would rather understand the mindset of the decision...

So my Kael is at 60 now. 

I was lucky and pulled Dracomorph on like day 5, and frozen banshee on Day 4, and I know that obviously getting them to 60 will need to happen one day. But I have High Khatun as well, apothecary, bellower...

So where I'm stuck is, at the point that I'm at in the game, a champ like Dracomorph is landing his poisons, weakens and dec defs on the CB with regularity, he has enough ACC to handle my level in the game. I can see that for later in the game he'll clearly need to be at 60 because he'll need the huge accuracy boost from that last accessory to compete when I get to brutal and beyond, but for right now that extra ACC won't accomplish much, and I don't think his damage output would greatly change as I've got him geared more for survival. 

And the other support guys like apothecary are all in the same boat, they land their needed buffs or debuffs quite reguarly without the help of extra ACC *for now*. 

So, when what I need to understand is do I try to bring up damage dealers first, to advance into the higher levels of difficulty, and then bring the support champs to 60 when they start missing their debuffs? Or, if I start bringing up the support champs to 60, does the fact that they can be given warmaster and things like that provide the damage I'm looking for to advance?

Thanks!

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Dec 2, 2022, 03:0412/02/22
12/30/20

So, I would take up Dracomorph to 60 and be very happy about it. We'll get way more out of him and Draco is certainly the kind of champ we want to be able to have a well rounded build on. Typically we are looking for champions that help us round out that first team of five or six champions that will carry us through early dungeon content. The fact Draco can both enable damage with the A3 and put out damage with the A1/A2 is huge. 

As is, we would generally want a defense down champion as our next 60, and this is an A+ option given 3 turn cooldown when booked + weaken. That will just help us pretty much in all content, speed up dungeon runs, etc. 

After that I think I would do Apothecary as that will let us take more turns, have heals from time to time. 

Dec 2, 2022, 03:1712/02/22
07/10/20

Okay, so the thinking is, get the champs who can anchor the most teams in the most areas to 60 first (after the starter). So even though frozen banshee is ready and able, since she'll only really help in CB and maybe dragon, she would wait for later while a Dracomorph would go next since he can basically go on every single team I have in every area?

That is a thought process I can get behind, thanks

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 2, 2022, 03:2312/02/22
12/30/20

Any time we can get champions that will do as much as Dracomorph does and get them early, it's a gift for our progression. You'll be using him for a long time, in a lot of content.