All Categories

New free champ: Ronda

Search
Nov 30, 2022, 09:0911/30/22
06/05/22

This just dropped in-game. Not seeing any official news yet. Seems like an insanely good attack champion. Multi-hits, ignore defense, block active and passive skills.

And she comes along with 6* legendary savage gear?!

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 30, 2022, 09:1811/30/22
11/19/22

Is there a particular dungeon where she can be good? I'm still not up on where active and passive blocks work best in PvE.

Nov 30, 2022, 09:2511/30/22
06/05/22
Fathertron

Is there a particular dungeon where she can be good? I'm still not up on where active and passive blocks work best in PvE.

This seems mostly arena focused, but it can be good in doom tower for certain problem waves (enemies with passives that reduce your max HP and similar nasty stuff). 

Block active skills should really be thought of as 75% of a stun, or 90% of a provoke. It almost entirely locks down an enemy for 2 turns.

In general, this champ seems pretty good for fire knight with her multi-hits.

Nov 30, 2022, 09:3111/30/22
07/08/19
Fathertron

neither of those abilities are particularly dungeon oriented since all bosses are immune to both debuffs. there might be times where it proves helpful on a certain wave, but her value in dungeons will mostly be as a dps champion. her debuffs will be of far more use in PvP.

Nov 30, 2022, 09:3411/30/22
10/01/22

So Relentless + Savage is the way to go?

Nov 30, 2022, 09:4611/30/22
07/08/19
Taage

So Relentless + Savage is the way to go?

might be a bit hard to pull off, seeing as those are both 4 piece sets.

Nov 30, 2022, 10:2211/30/22
10/25/19
Fathertron

Fireknight

Nov 30, 2022, 12:4011/30/22
01/19/21

Well, I've got a few thoughts...

1) The combination of her debuffs being single-target and being debuffs that bosses are generally immune to rather limits her effectiveness. I suppose it might come in handy on some DT floors to shut down a particularly annoying enemy, especially since no accuracy is required, but there are many other options for that.

2) She looks to me like she's mostly just a pure damage source. How good she'll be at that remains to be seen. If her A3 is a good nuke, she might be useful for PvP, but I think she'd need to bring something else to be of general use in PvE waves unless she's got some really impressive damage output.

3) With her 3-4 hit A1 with the potential for a free extra A1 from her passive (and her 3 hit A2), she might come in handy for an early FK team. But again, she doesn't really bring anything else of value to the table, so unless it comes down to raw damage again, I don't see her remaining relevant there once you get more options.

So yeah, I think she's pretty much a one-trick pony that'll more or less all come down to how much damage she can do.

Nov 30, 2022, 15:5211/30/22
10/19/22
EGDNIT

Well, I've got a few thoughts...

1) The combination of her debuffs being single-target and being debuffs that bosses are generally immune to rather limits her effectiveness. I suppose it might come in handy on some DT floors to shut down a particularly annoying enemy, especially since no accuracy is required, but there are many other options for that.

2) She looks to me like she's mostly just a pure damage source. How good she'll be at that remains to be seen. If her A3 is a good nuke, she might be useful for PvP, but I think she'd need to bring something else to be of general use in PvE waves unless she's got some really impressive damage output.

3) With her 3-4 hit A1 with the potential for a free extra A1 from her passive (and her 3 hit A2), she might come in handy for an early FK team. But again, she doesn't really bring anything else of value to the table, so unless it comes down to raw damage again, I don't see her remaining relevant there once you get more options.

So yeah, I think she's pretty much a one-trick pony that'll more or less all come down to how much damage she can do.

Nov 30, 2022, 17:5011/30/22
02/11/21

First things first, she is a UDK counter.....thank you, Plarium. Just hope we don't see too many people crying about missing her, as well. 

Second, not needing accuracy is huge, especially on damage dealers with a few debuffs. It's always annoying when you have a debuff on the kit, but it's not really worth putting points into accuracy for (Rotos, Royal Guard, Cruetraxa etc.)

40% Max HP Shield is massive for arena go-second teams. With her and UDK, players might get exposure to go-second teams earlier in the game.  

P.S. They made her a striker lol I haven't seen the animations yet, but I do hope she has a hip-throw and an armbar when she blocks active skills. 

Nov 30, 2022, 18:1011/30/22
10/11/20

She is a counter to UDK, but wrong affinity. Her only weakness. Well, that and head kicks. 😉