All Categories

Valk build questions?

Valk build questions?

Search
Nov 28, 2022, 18:1211/28/22
02/11/21

Valk build questions?

Want to build her for Arena. I watched some videos of people building her for nuking, I've seen people make a high accuracy build to disrupt champs. I'm thinking about going in between - nukes, but with enough accuracy to control damage dealers. I do have a few questions, though. 

1. Is it common to have high-res damage dealers in go-second teams? I figure I can use her against speed teams, but speed teams don't buff that much (an Increase ATK from Arbiter is usually all they do).

2. Are her nukes worth building for? 

3. Is she obsolete in Arena now that Stoneskin is all over the place? 

4. What other builds would you recommend?

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 28, 2022, 18:3311/28/22
06/25/20

IMO, her biggest value is ... none of the above.

Where she truly shines is her ability to let you "cheat" ahead in speed races. You run a team such as Arbiter + [CC] + Valk + [Nuke that can work without debuffs], such as, say, Arbiter + Umbral + Valk + Cruetraxa. Your Arbiter isn't godly in speed, but it's not shabby either - say, 340 speed. You will flat-out win some speed races - great! But you'll also lose some to those 355-speed Arbiter teams. Depending on how they are set up, if they are doing a boost into CC, and their CC isn't tuned properly, your Arbiter will cut ahead of them because of Valk's passive.

Outside of that scenario, I think her value in arena is pretty low. Sure, there are ways to make her work, but there are generally better options to play with. If you do want to run her, though, you'd want her on a team where you can benefit from the free CA's - Duchess/Siphi/Wythir are good examples. 

Nov 28, 2022, 18:3911/28/22
12/19/19

Vault champ...

Nov 28, 2022, 19:0211/28/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

IMO, her biggest value is ... none of the above.

Where she truly shines is her ability to let you "cheat" ahead in speed races. You run a team such as Arbiter + [CC] + Valk + [Nuke that can work without debuffs], such as, say, Arbiter + Umbral + Valk + Cruetraxa. Your Arbiter isn't godly in speed, but it's not shabby either - say, 340 speed. You will flat-out win some speed races - great! But you'll also lose some to those 355-speed Arbiter teams. Depending on how they are set up, if they are doing a boost into CC, and their CC isn't tuned properly, your Arbiter will cut ahead of them because of Valk's passive.

Outside of that scenario, I think her value in arena is pretty low. Sure, there are ways to make her work, but there are generally better options to play with. If you do want to run her, though, you'd want her on a team where you can benefit from the free CA's - Duchess/Siphi/Wythir are good examples. 

Gotcha. Yeah, that's what I was talking about slowing down their damage dealer (going against a go-second) or the entire team (when going against the speed team). 

I'm thinking of putting her with Candraphon to counter speed teams. 

Nov 28, 2022, 19:0311/28/22
02/11/21
Trips

Vault champ...

You're the most bougie f2p I've ever seen, you know that? :)

Nov 28, 2022, 19:4311/28/22
12/19/19
Balltazer

You're the most bougie f2p I've ever seen, you know that? :)

Lol.  Seriously though, I pulled valk 2 months or so back on my second account... still naked...

As you know I evaluate champs based on hydra and tag viability, and for me valk doesn't rate in either. Definitely not hydra, and while could be useful on attacking in tag I don't think rates for defense. I find CA to be a liability that can be used against the defense. 

Nov 28, 2022, 20:1711/28/22
02/11/21
Trips

Lol.  Seriously though, I pulled valk 2 months or so back on my second account... still naked...

As you know I evaluate champs based on hydra and tag viability, and for me valk doesn't rate in either. Definitely not hydra, and while could be useful on attacking in tag I don't think rates for defense. I find CA to be a liability that can be used against the defense. 

I could see it being a problem if the CA gets stolen by Mischief, but how is it exploited in Arena?

Nov 28, 2022, 20:2011/28/22
12/19/19
Balltazer

I could see it being a problem if the CA gets stolen by Mischief, but how is it exploited in Arena?

Mith

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 28, 2022, 21:2111/28/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

Mithrala and Mortu say hello! :D

Nov 28, 2022, 21:2811/28/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Mithrala and Mortu say hello! :D

Makes sense. What about countering speed teams? Say have a Valk and Candie together?

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 28, 2022, 21:3111/28/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

Makes sense. What about countering speed teams? Say have a Valk and Candie together?

Hmmm. That used to be a viable defensive strat, and Kram is correct that is her best use for Arena.

Counterpoint is that in G3 Tag I see a Valk and go "Oh nice, guaranteed win!" And that is whether I am using a speed team or a Go Third team.

Nov 28, 2022, 21:4311/28/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Hmmm. That used to be a viable defensive strat, and Kram is correct that is her best use for Arena.

Counterpoint is that in G3 Tag I see a Valk and go "Oh nice, guaranteed win!" And that is whether I am using a speed team or a Go Third team.

Dang, that bad, huh? Is there anywhere she still shines? I got her and Hurndig recently. I was planning on building both, tbh. But may have to pump my brakes, I guess.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 28, 2022, 21:5111/28/22
Nov 28, 2022, 21:51(edited)
02/24/19
Balltazer

Dang, that bad, huh? Is there anywhere she still shines? I got her and Hurndig recently. I was planning on building both, tbh. But may have to pump my brakes, I guess.

She's not that terrible. Absolute chase champ for a long time. But things change, for sure.

The issue is that her TM decrease can't keep up with a few things: 1) Go Third teams who just sit around with shields, then strip her buffs and nuke the enemy team. 2) Stoneskin. Basically I can use my TM booster on 3 stoneskin protected champs and ignore her TM decrease entirely. 3) Mortu teams, where you want her to go and put her CA up so you can AoE the whole enemy team, then trigger your Peril off the CAs, and use that to blow up the real threat. 4) Speed teams where, if you plan ahead, you can toss in a stopgap Sethallia or Morri or another secondary booster after your Arbi and jump the rest of the team, strip and nuke... or just provoke or fear her.

Nov 28, 2022, 21:5611/28/22
03/30/22

Valk best use in PVE imo. We need an expert of Valkyrie to explain how to use her on Plat.

Nov 28, 2022, 22:0011/28/22
Nov 28, 2022, 22:01(edited)
03/30/22

i

She is constently in top of Plat global leaderboard. Those players are very good with her and know pefectly how play her on Def. She is probably speed tuned .

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 28, 2022, 22:0611/28/22
02/24/19
DevilFish

i

She is constently in top of Plat global leaderboard. Those players are very good with her and know pefectly how play her on Def. She is probably speed tuned .

A few things: It's Monday. I have made Plat.

I would posit this is not their real defense at all. We will see their real defense about an hour before reset, basically 6 days from now.

I would be wary of that first team due to +2 Siphi/ +4 Rotos/+3 Kymar way before I would worry abotu Valk. In fact, the Valk means I have a shot at sneaking a win out with Mortu.

The second team I would hit if I was pushing. Might lose, but I'd hit it.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 28, 2022, 22:4511/28/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

A few things: It's Monday. I have made Plat.

I would posit this is not their real defense at all. We will see their real defense about an hour before reset, basically 6 days from now.

I would be wary of that first team due to +2 Siphi/ +4 Rotos/+3 Kymar way before I would worry abotu Valk. In fact, the Valk means I have a shot at sneaking a win out with Mortu.

The second team I would hit if I was pushing. Might lose, but I'd hit it.

Considering the time you put into PvP and the people you talk to I think you're going to have pretty strong insight on the matter of Valk. 

I do use my Valk in arena a ton because of you, but she has Tormin/Cardiel/Rotos around her most of the time. Not everyone has those, unfortunately.

I do have to be picky in what I'm challenging due to the reasons you listed, though. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 28, 2022, 23:0311/28/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

Considering the time you put into PvP and the people you talk to I think you're going to have pretty strong insight on the matter of Valk. 

I do use my Valk in arena a ton because of you, but she has Tormin/Cardiel/Rotos around her most of the time. Not everyone has those, unfortunately.

I do have to be picky in what I'm challenging due to the reasons you listed, though. 

With your particular champs she was the best option. Pairing her with another lockdown champ like Tormin and the pain train that is Rotos makes up for a lot of her problems, but that's really on the strength of Rotos.

I'm still for sure hitting that team though. We should chat about some other defense options soon. :)

Nov 29, 2022, 00:2611/29/22
02/11/21

I'm not even thinking about Plat right now. I've touched it, but I can't hope to stay there. I'm just trying to expand my options for tackling different teams for fun. I have a solid speed-nuke team that I run, but lately, I've been enjoying manualing go-second teams more. A lot more diversity and planning involved. 

Nov 29, 2022, 01:1511/29/22
12/19/19
Balltazer

I'm not even thinking about Plat right now. I've touched it, but I can't hope to stay there. I'm just trying to expand my options for tackling different teams for fun. I have a solid speed-nuke team that I run, but lately, I've been enjoying manualing go-second teams more. A lot more diversity and planning involved. 

Check out mercury brutal Hydra team.  Not sure how built, but maybe a high resist valk as mischief tank...

Nov 29, 2022, 01:2511/29/22
02/11/21
Trips

Check out mercury brutal Hydra team.  Not sure how built, but maybe a high resist valk as mischief tank...

Hmm, I'll check it out. Don't know how I feel about CA in hydra lol