All Categories

Understanding my champions

Search
Nov 25, 2022, 20:1711/25/22
11/04/22

Hey,

I made a post earlier about UDK and new players, I got some advice there and then 2x Ancient shard event happened. I've tried to follow the advice and got a bunch of new champions.

All champions at level 1 are new:

i

I was also advised to get Warmaiden. I've since gotten her and leveled her to lvl 50, along with Basher from Rank 4 lvl 33 to lvl 50. They'll get a lot of ascension in the weekend due to their dungeons being unlocked. Both Warmaiden and Basher has all skills in lvl 3/4. Warmaiden by getting more Warmaidens in map 9 and Basher from books.

The new Champions I don't know much about. Mostly I want to know which I should just use as food. If you wanna tell me about the good ones as well I'd appreciate that.

I'm looking through Hellhades as well, but it's a lot. Judging so many champions when you haven't even played a month is a lot.

Hope you'll help me out.

NB: If it's a lot you're welcome to just download the image, scratch out the food and checkmark the good champs and reupload.

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Nov 25, 2022, 20:4411/25/22
02/24/19

Of all your new champs tat you pulled, your best three are inarguably three rares. 

1) Apothecary. The TM boosting high elf has a simple kit, but what his lacks in complexity it makes up for in sheer power. TM boost, Inc Speed, a heal that can crit and a tripple hitter A1 make him an insane champ for almost any team, in any area of the game.

2) Frozen Banshee. The Ice Queen of Twenty Nineteen is still very solid today, and can do a great job poisoning bosses, especially Clan Boss and Dragon. She was a Chase Rare for many of us who were playing then, outshining all the other poisoners we had then. Of course, there are many better poisoners today with nearly double the champ pool, but for you, she's a great option.

3) Gravechill Killer. Frozen Banshee's long lost sister. She brings the debuffs we want to a boss battle that Frozen doesn't, and they pair very very well together for a solid CB team that can progress into Nightmare CB.

After that we would look at Hope, the Sacred Order Epic as a kind of C tier shield and team protect champ, as well as a buff extender, who can help in Faction Wars and here and there in Dungeons.

Then we could look at Kytus as a C tier Arena nuker who does some gimmicky things with a very strong AoE attack in Go Second Arena teams where you expect him to be nearly dead.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 25, 2022, 20:4611/25/22
02/24/19

I would, ofc, save all your Epics. We keep those for Faction Guardians as much as possible. Other rares I would save are Master Butcher (who sees some limited use in Doom Tower) and Abyssal (who sees some solid use in Faction Wars and DT Secret Rooms). Also, save those fusion rares (the one with the white icon at bottom) so you can fuse Rhazin sooner rather than later. Rhazin was a HUGE boon for my account a long time ago, and I never regretted spending all that effort to fuse her. :)

Nov 25, 2022, 21:0011/25/22
11/04/22

Thanks a lot.

What about Kytis for heal reduction? I've heard there are situations where it's very useful to have a champion that can do that.

Nov 25, 2022, 21:0711/25/22
06/25/20

Frozen banshee also lets you swap Kael out of your dragon farming team, and allows him to be built as a campaign farmer. However, if that doesn't work for whatever reason, Chonoru could also be an interesting campaign farmer, as her A3 essentially makes her a speed clearer (each use will reset the cooldown back to zero from killing everyone).

Nov 25, 2022, 21:1811/25/22
Nov 25, 2022, 21:24(edited)
10/15/20

In general I would not use epics as food. Even if they are not very good now, they may get a buff one day, or there may be a new content introduced to the game where they can shine. Another reason to store epics is the faction guardian ring, where dupe champs can increase the stats of all champs of the same rarity and faction. Relic Keeper for example is a quite bad epic. But two Relic Keepers used as faction guardians increase the hp of all your epics from the Sacred Order faction by 10%.

That said, I'm not convinced of any of the epic champs you pulled. Hope is kind of ok, but not overwhelming. The others can go straight into the vault and wait for a dupe you may pull, so they can serve as faction guardians. 

I would further not use any champs as food that are part of a fusion. You got the rare champs Marked, Halberdier and Channeler. They are needed to fuse the legendary Rhazin Scarhide. You can recognize fusion champs from the blue symbol in the bottom of their set card, between affinity symbol and champion level. Don't use fusion champs as food! I made this big mistake and had to wait nearly a year to get the wasted rare again, so I got my Rhazin much later than I could.

As you had bad luck with the epics you pulled, you got fantastic rares. Apothecary is worth lvl 60 for general content. Def aura for dungeons, healing and speed, this champ is great. One of the best rares in the game, I still use him as healer vs. the Eternal Dragon in Doom Tower.

Frozen Banshee is a top tier damage dealer vs. Clan Boss. Poisen is king at Clan Boss, Frozen Banshee (often shortened to FB) is among the best poisoners in the game.

And you got Master Butcher. Don't care about him for now, he doesn't bring anything you need at the early stage of the game you are in right now. But keep him for later. Once you progress in Doom Tower, this champ is great for Magma Dragon and Bommal. And his two turn provoke on the A2 makes him even usefull vs. Hydra. If you stay long in Raid, maybe in a few months you should remember that you have this champ and bring him to 60.

Another rare that may help in a ertain content later is Abyssal. Overall a mediocre champ, but he may be usefull in faction wars. No need to level him up now, but keep for later.

/edit: What Krama said about Chonoru is true. She could be a good campaign farmer. Never really thought about that, so my Chonoru sits in the vault and I built Saurus for campaign farming. 😣 Even after years in Raid learning never stops.

Nov 25, 2022, 21:5711/25/22
Nov 25, 2022, 22:01(edited)
11/04/22
Skadi

In general I would not use epics as food. Even if they are not very good now, they may get a buff one day, or there may be a new content introduced to the game where they can shine. Another reason to store epics is the faction guardian ring, where dupe champs can increase the stats of all champs of the same rarity and faction. Relic Keeper for example is a quite bad epic. But two Relic Keepers used as faction guardians increase the hp of all your epics from the Sacred Order faction by 10%.

That said, I'm not convinced of any of the epic champs you pulled. Hope is kind of ok, but not overwhelming. The others can go straight into the vault and wait for a dupe you may pull, so they can serve as faction guardians. 

I would further not use any champs as food that are part of a fusion. You got the rare champs Marked, Halberdier and Channeler. They are needed to fuse the legendary Rhazin Scarhide. You can recognize fusion champs from the blue symbol in the bottom of their set card, between affinity symbol and champion level. Don't use fusion champs as food! I made this big mistake and had to wait nearly a year to get the wasted rare again, so I got my Rhazin much later than I could.

As you had bad luck with the epics you pulled, you got fantastic rares. Apothecary is worth lvl 60 for general content. Def aura for dungeons, healing and speed, this champ is great. One of the best rares in the game, I still use him as healer vs. the Eternal Dragon in Doom Tower.

Frozen Banshee is a top tier damage dealer vs. Clan Boss. Poisen is king at Clan Boss, Frozen Banshee (often shortened to FB) is among the best poisoners in the game.

And you got Master Butcher. Don't care about him for now, he doesn't bring anything you need at the early stage of the game you are in right now. But keep him for later. Once you progress in Doom Tower, this champ is great for Magma Dragon and Bommal. And his two turn provoke on the A2 makes him even usefull vs. Hydra. If you stay long in Raid, maybe in a few months you should remember that you have this champ and bring him to 60.

Another rare that may help in a ertain content later is Abyssal. Overall a mediocre champ, but he may be usefull in faction wars. No need to level him up now, but keep for later.

/edit: What Krama said about Chonoru is true. She could be a good campaign farmer. Never really thought about that, so my Chonoru sits in the vault and I built Saurus for campaign farming. 😣 Even after years in Raid learning never stops.

Regarding Apothecary. I haven't checked him out fully on Hellhades yet, but I know his heals crit. Does that mean you want crit rate near 100%? Also, I got 2 Apothecaries.

Frozen Banshee seems to work well with Gravechill Killer as well. Both poison and their skills synergize. I take it you need a lot of accuracy with them with all their debuffs.

I agree with Master Butcher. He doesn't have skills I'm after right now, but maybe later.

Isn't Elhain supposed to be decent as well? I've seen a lot of people use her in Arena.

Regarding fusion:

• I have 7/16 of the champions need for Rhazin. 2/9 of the missing can be farmed on the map.
  • I have all of the ones for Broadmaw, but heard he's not that good.
  • I have all except Executioner(from map 11) for Relickeeper, but just got Relickeeper... and as I hear he's bad.
  • Unfortunately I wasn't in time for the limited time fusion that stopped a few weeks ago... I got 4x Pathfinders, but couldn't get the rest(I started playing near the end of it)

It'll probably be different later, but right now doing fusion feels like doing a lot for very little.  

Nov 25, 2022, 22:2011/25/22
10/15/20
AtotehZ

Regarding Apothecary. I haven't checked him out fully on Hellhades yet, but I know his heals crit. Does that mean you want crit rate near 100%? Also, I got 2 Apothecaries.

Frozen Banshee seems to work well with Gravechill Killer as well. Both poison and their skills synergize. I take it you need a lot of accuracy with them with all their debuffs.

I agree with Master Butcher. He doesn't have skills I'm after right now, but maybe later.

Isn't Elhain supposed to be decent as well? I've seen a lot of people use her in Arena.

Regarding fusion:

• I have 7/16 of the champions need for Rhazin. 2/9 of the missing can be farmed on the map.
  • I have all of the ones for Broadmaw, but heard he's not that good.
  • I have all except Executioner(from map 11) for Relickeeper, but just got Relickeeper... and as I hear he's bad.
  • Unfortunately I wasn't in time for the limited time fusion that stopped a few weeks ago... I got 4x Pathfinders, but couldn't get the rest(I started playing near the end of it)

It'll probably be different later, but right now doing fusion feels like doing a lot for very little.  

• Apothecary: I have 100% crit rate on mine. The healing does not scale with crit damage, so you don't have to bother about that stat, but crit rate is usefull. For the copy of Apo: There are faction guardians for rares as well as for epics. No need to build both of them, but keep the copy.
  • FB and Gravechill: yes, they need accuracy. Same with Warmaiden and any other champ that is supposed to land debuffs.
  • Elhain is a decent damage dealer for a rare. But you allready have a lvl 60 Kael. No need for Elhain in addition to him. You see a lot of Elhains in arena, because she is one of the starter champs. People who have chosen her instead of Kael will have a lvl 60 Elhain as damage dealer and use her. Nothing special about Elhain, I wouldn't max her.
  • Broadmaw is worth getting for faction wars. Lizardmen are one of the hardest crypts in my eyes, I couldn't beat that one yet. No need to get him now, you are far away from clearing faction crypts yet, but later on you want to do this fusion.
  • fusing Relickeeper is part of the missions you have to accomplish in order to get Arbiter. Pulling him from a shard doesn't count, so you definetly want to do that fusion one day.

Wait for a champion chase tournament if you want to finish a fusion. The champs obtained this way give points for the event. Especially usefull for Rhazin, as a legendary, he comes along with a nice bunch of tournament points.