UDK Unbeatable / Unfair in Arena?

Search
Nov 15, 2022, 13:5311/15/22
09/02/22

No... use a Destroy set, block buffs champ, heal reduction champ, etc. 😁

On a side note... for everyone who has Ninja,

I don't have him... started playing the game 1 month too late to get him. 

Every time I see him in one of your builds I cry on the inside. 😭

Have a nice day (playing with your Ninjas).

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 15, 2022, 15:2811/15/22
02/21/20

Always confuses me when people think UDK is like an arena god.  

Nov 15, 2022, 15:3511/15/22
02/28/22
Dan Holness

Always confuses me when people think UDK is like an arena god.  

Why's that then?  He was free to everyone and if you're now starting the game or didn't get him and come up against him in the Arena he is way to overpowered for new players in Bronze Arena,  it's all very well saying Destroy gear, Heal reduction etc. New players just don't have that gear

It's not experienced players who are having problems with him, when you're low level if you find him in regen or immortal gear you probably don't have the firepower to take him out

Nov 15, 2022, 16:3611/15/22
09/02/22
harleQuinn

OP, I would just refer those people to this thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/1413179_udk-is-unbeatable/

...where I built a new account and leveled my starter and UDK to 60 then went to work. Doing that meant I climbed to Silver 4 without skipping a match or even losing a fight. Builds and matches shown. :)

Thanks for the link harleQuinn. That is the post I was refering to. 😁

Now... about my heartache over my lack of a Ninja... 😭

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 16:3911/15/22
02/24/19
Kankle69

Thanks for the link harleQuinn. That is the post I was refering to. 😁

Now... about my heartache over my lack of a Ninja... 😭

😭😭 Can't help you there, sorry... haha

Nov 15, 2022, 17:2611/15/22
06/25/20

I still feel it is singularly unfair for Plarium to make Ninja unobtainable, considering the space he fills is very, very sparsely populated :/

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 17:2711/15/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I still feel it is singularly unfair for Plarium to make Ninja unobtainable, considering the space he fills is very, very sparsely populated :/

Crohnam the Unobtainable Barbarian would like a word.....

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 17:3211/15/22
Nov 15, 2022, 17:32(edited)
02/24/19

i

For the low low price of your friendships, you too can have your own exclusive HP burner.

Nov 15, 2022, 17:4011/15/22
09/02/22
harleQuinn

Crohnam the Unobtainable Barbarian would like a word.....

Crohnam the Unobtainable Barbarian??? Easiest Lego in Raid:

Create 6 different accounts.

Grind all 6 to 50.

Get him free from the refferal program. 

Has to be easy.... I saw someone do it on YouTube. 😂😂😂 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 17:4511/15/22
02/24/19
Kankle69

Crohnam the Unobtainable Barbarian??? Easiest Lego in Raid:

Create 6 different accounts.

Grind all 6 to 50.

Get him free from the refferal program. 

Has to be easy.... I saw someone do it on YouTube. 😂😂😂 

That's a long row to hoe for Conan the Nearly Unobtainable. Whoops, I mean Cronham the Barbarian.

Nov 15, 2022, 18:1811/15/22
06/20/19

I have both Ninja and UDK.  I've trained them up for points in events and tourneys.  One day I think I might even equip them and take em out for a spin just too see what all the fuss is about.  But I get that if you are brand new and every one has a leggo in bronze except you, that can be tough.  I think as the accounts that have him age you will start to see more teams without him.  For now these are still fairly new accounts with inexperienced players and weak equipment.  If they weren't, they would already be progressing.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 15, 2022, 19:1811/15/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

i

For the low low price of your friendships, you too can have your own exclusive HP burner.

😂

Nov 15, 2022, 19:3511/15/22
06/25/20
Angwil

I have both Ninja and UDK.  I've trained them up for points in events and tourneys.  One day I think I might even equip them and take em out for a spin just too see what all the fuss is about.  But I get that if you are brand new and every one has a leggo in bronze except you, that can be tough.  I think as the accounts that have him age you will start to see more teams without him.  For now these are still fairly new accounts with inexperienced players and weak equipment.  If they weren't, they would already be progressing.

tbf, I didn't use Ninja at all before Hydra. But he's one of the absolute best Hydra nukers in the game, so once you start going hard there, I think you won't turn back.

As for UDK, he's still unleveled in the vault. I doubt I'll have any use for him.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 20:0711/15/22
02/24/19
Angwil

UDK is amazing in Arena. If you're pushing up Gold Tag, he counters a ton of nonsense. Such a good champ to build and slot in to counter the super slow, go third, stoneskin meta.

Ninja is an absolute Dungeon and DT boss killer, can put up crazy CB numbers in very specific no-purpose whale CB teams, does amazing on Normal Hydra, and okay on Hard Hydra. If you've already got your DT teams sorted, and have the much better Enemy Max HP champs leveled to do Hard/Brutal/NM Hydra, I don't know that I'm as high on Kram as never looking back. :)

Nov 15, 2022, 20:2711/15/22
12/19/19

Strange thoughts on udk and ninja...

Udk is a must for high end tag

Ninja just a pve champ :) and not great for hydra 

I added Ninja to some dt boss comps for faster clears, thats about it... 

But for early gamers both are obviously really good 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 21:0611/15/22
02/24/19
Trips

UDK pretty much is a must, yes. He goes in a lot of teams for me due to the super stoneskin stall meta. Have to outstall the Rotoses too, before they get off 5 extra turns and wreck you. The Go Third meta is soooo time consuming.

Ninja is good in Normal Hydra, where Defense isn't as terrible, Hydra max HP is still moderately low, and his low HP builds don't cost you death after death. He falls off to, imo, okay at best in Hard hydra. I'm still of the opinion he is a lot less of a must build for a late game player who has solved DT and has a Geo, a Husk or Royal Guard or even, here's hoping, an Acrizia. In the same slot, I actually see a great deal more damage with Big'Un than Ninja on Hard hydra, myself. :)

Early-Mid game Ninja is great. Eventually, in the toughest stuff, he falls off in favor of Reflect Damage and Enemy Max HP. UDK is much better in Late Game than he is in Early Game. Maybe he'll fall off one day as new champs come out, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Nov 15, 2022, 21:2611/15/22
09/02/22
Trips

I don't think Ninja is the ultimate account changing Champion... neither is UDK (although he feels like it early game).

I just want Ninja because I know I can't have him... 😁

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 15, 2022, 22:0711/15/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

UDK pretty much is a must, yes. He goes in a lot of teams for me due to the super stoneskin stall meta. Have to outstall the Rotoses too, before they get off 5 extra turns and wreck you. The Go Third meta is soooo time consuming.

Ninja is good in Normal Hydra, where Defense isn't as terrible, Hydra max HP is still moderately low, and his low HP builds don't cost you death after death. He falls off to, imo, okay at best in Hard hydra. I'm still of the opinion he is a lot less of a must build for a late game player who has solved DT and has a Geo, a Husk or Royal Guard or even, here's hoping, an Acrizia. In the same slot, I actually see a great deal more damage with Big'Un than Ninja on Hard hydra, myself. :)

Early-Mid game Ninja is great. Eventually, in the toughest stuff, he falls off in favor of Reflect Damage and Enemy Max HP. UDK is much better in Late Game than he is in Early Game. Maybe he'll fall off one day as new champs come out, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

My initial response was going to be "I think I'm higher than you for Ninja on Hard Hydra", but then the issue is he requires quite a few conditions to hit that 15-20m+ we want from a DPS: Relentless (hitting quite a few stat thresholds), likely weaken with defense down, some of your best damage mitigation champs. The last one is arguably the biggest issue because we need them on Brutal+.

Nov 15, 2022, 22:1711/15/22
06/25/20

Well - personally, he's far outdamaged any of the max-hp champs I've tried. Haven't got to Nightmare, yet, but been able to hit just about 100M on Brutal with him and Geo (to be swapped for Dreng when booking complete).

Nov 15, 2022, 22:5111/15/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Well - personally, he's far outdamaged any of the max-hp champs I've tried. Haven't got to Nightmare, yet, but been able to hit just about 100M on Brutal with him and Geo (to be swapped for Dreng when booking complete).

Nice! What is full team?