All Categories

Faction Wars Teams

Faction Wars Teams

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Nov 14, 2022, 00:0011/14/22
02/24/19

Faction Wars Teams

Since the forums should always have a Faction Wars Megathread, I'm going to share my original FW21 teams from my Lydia grind. Hopefully it will be able to help out as people look to work on FW for themselves. I would encourage others post their teams too.... everyone's FW journey is very dependent on champs, and all of our teams will look different. Lets try and get some example teams up for folks!

A few caveats: 

1) Some of these teams are not fantastic, but my champ roster was fairly limited then, and Lydia was such a huge reward for my account that I was willing to rank up whomever needed to finish. Don't judge me too harshly, I still use most of these champs in FW and about all of them in DT Secret Rooms now.

2) At the time of this post, it's been 16-18 months or so since I did much of this, so hopefully I can still remember some details for all of you. A picture says a thousand words, so I'll mostly stick to posting my pitiful teams. lol

3) If you've got an awesome team that works way better, lets see it! :) My 21s are all on farm now, and with much better champs overall, but this shows the teams I limped to the finish line with. haha

4) One of the major things I would recommend to people is to build a few gear sets and just swap them champ to champ. A couple of 220 speed/70k+ HP Immortal/Regen sets will make almost every FW crypt significantly easier to finish. And a little gear swap silver now is much better than 6+ more months farming.... more on this and the sets and such below.

Banner Lords could have been way better, and most people have an easier time with it. But I was hurting for viable champs to rank up until building Hellmut and getting an extra Giscard after the Brogni fusion. This was one of my last crypts to finish.

i

Demonspawn was a real struggle, as I had all the sustain in the world but absolutely no real damage in my builds or team. Building and booking Umbral Enchantress to lock down the Sethallias in Wave 1 was the real key here. Otherwise, my team was hard locked on the waves,

i

Ogryn wasn't bad at all. I had been blessed with two great Ogryn leggos in Big'Un and Ignatius, and had my Skullcrusher fully booked and built from my CB team. Still, without books on Iggy, and my Bellower being 107 speed for a campaign farmer, I found myself rebuilding him. Then it took 3-4 tries on the day to land an Uugo revive right before the boss died. This picture is from the finish day, I had to go back and get three stars from a previous run.

i

Orcs. Sheesh Angar is a terrible champ for 21. Great for the terrible waves in the earlier two levels, but just so bad on the buff steal/health swap boss. Two fusions in Kreela and Iron Brago really carried me over the top when combined when Vrask heals.

i

As the screenshot below would indicate, my Barbarian options outside of Scyl and Altan were terrible way back when. This, like for most people, was one of my first completed. Anointed in there for TM fills, freezes and buff steals, and he did fine, but I wouldn't recommend building unless you're just desperate. Ragemonger is still in my FW team now, and is a Stun Set All Star for DT secret rooms.

i

Skinwalkers. One of my last crypts. Yuck. Hoforees the Tusked put this over the top, the only part of the Hurndig fusion I was able to do. Cleanses from Hakk and Steelskull were huge in the fight here, with block buffs from Norog helping with wave clear.

i

Speaking of terrible crypts, lets talk Lizardmen. This crypt for sure would've been easier with that big fusable lizard Broadmaw. Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure you lock your Broadmaw. Don't sacrifice him thinking you're never gonna get Lydia anyhow, and just want to get your Seeker leveled up to make your first UNM Unkillable CB team going. When it came time to finish Lizards, I was not looking to spend the resources to go grind out rares for a few days or a couple weeks to fuse him again. So instead, I did it with Harsupex on the same day we did Skinwalkers to finish up. It took some serious gearing to make Haruspex work, but that little rare pulled us through at the last turn.

i

My very worst crypt of all, Knights Rev. Would have killed for a Rector Drath, or Miscreated Monster, or even a Skullcrown to get a Revive or more damage in there. Instead, we had to run with Hegemon RNG. Ran this over and over and over to get it locked in. Stun set and lockout RNG eventually carried the day in the waves. And after even more tries and even more eventually, the boss went down.

i

Undead Horde was another fun one that took some stun set champs to get it done. Even at 50, Suzerain's shield removal was huge. On my second attempt, Gogorab rez got it done for three stars,

i

Sacred Order was not too crazy. Locked this in on a full auto, slow but steady crew built from my Roshcards. Errol was a very early legendary for me. I would not build him, nro recommend it, even for FW now. Perhaps the affinity legendary most in need of a buff in the game. The same team run immediately after with my starter Athel in his place was significantly faster. lol

i

Brogni just trivializes the Dwarf Crypt, I can't put it any other way. If I didn't have a Bulwark 60'd for an earlier CB team, I would have run with a second 50 of some kind and it would have been just fine.

i

Shadowkin came after getting Lydia, but here is my team for any interested:

i

Dark Elves and High Elves: I don't have the fun completion screen of those two crypts, since I finished them much earlier than the others.

Dark Elves: Serris, Kaiden, Coldheart, Crimson Helm and Visix carried me to victory here. Kaiden reviving with a nice Regen Set + Serris buff removal + Visix lockouts meant this crypt went down with no issues.

High Elves: Having both Lyssandra and Arbiter meant this crypt was no problem, especially when paired with Apothecary. Royal Guard for damage and a level 50 Tayrel rounded it out.

A few thoughts about using a couple limited sets to clear 19-21 on all factions:

So for anyone doing FW, I wouldn't recommend equipping new from your gear each time. Look at all your spread out gear, then optimize or fitting room your team of 5 for 18-21, and equip them with the proper "sets" of best gear. Screenshot where it came from, and put it back after. That way you can mostly clear each 18-21 in one day, and one sitting, and don't need to farm new gear every week, or spend months trying to equip a full 60 champs with good gear. 

It is much easier to hit basic setpoints of 200 speed, to hit 4.5k defense or offense (or 75k HP for HP champs), to max Crit, to hit 250 Accuracy, etc etc... if you are using your best stuff. Stealing from everyone also lets you more easily build a good Stun Set for your AoE A1s and a good 220 speed/70k+ HP Immortal/Regen set for your Rezzers and Healers.

It is just about making it easier to get through the FW19-21 with three stars for the ONE TIME it matters. When you finish Lydia, you can quickly go through and equip the 60 champs you used with "meh" gear. Because you no longer have to do 21. You can farm 20, or even lower, and you only need one star. No more "if someone dies, we restart."

Hitting basic stat setpoints across five really good gear sets means that with 10 million silver a day to swap gear, you can clear 90% of your 18-21s every day on the FW end run. You don't get stuck, you don't get hard stuck on Valk waves, you don't get hard stuck on Sethallia waves, and you don't get hard stuck on the annoying Fear and Fire Toxic boss. Sure you may need to take up some champs, especially as a F2P person like myself, and that can slow you down a week while you build, but ultimately you can get FW done in a single cycle.

I know that this advice helped Thorne finished most of his 18-21s basically over 20 days or less, being gem pack purchase low spend. And I know Harbby had to start using these basic numbers and such to finish his Lydia run.

While Dark Elves and High Elves were done already, I finished my last 11 myself in less than two months, counting leveling champs, once I had the gear sets done for the first crypt of my "end run"

What were everyone elses strats for getting FW done? How is the Lydia grind going for all of you? If you need help, feel free to post here!

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 14, 2022, 00:3211/14/22
05/03/20

@harleQuinn      You mentioned locking out a champ.  Is there a way to ensure that a good champ is never accidentally used for food?

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 14, 2022, 00:3911/14/22
Nov 14, 2022, 00:40(edited)
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

@harleQuinn      You mentioned locking out a champ.  Is there a way to ensure that a good champ is never accidentally used for food?

Heya Poly

The Lock Button in the Tavern is the way to do this.

i

After that, toss them into the Reserve Vault so they're tough to mistakenly get to. :)

Nov 14, 2022, 01:0211/14/22
01/04/20

I DID INDEED NEED THOSE NUMBERS

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 14, 2022, 01:0311/14/22
02/24/19
Harbby

I DID INDEED NEED THOSE NUMBERS

i

Nov 14, 2022, 01:4411/14/22
10/15/20

Good to have a thread like this again. I miss the old one, especially as I didn't save most of the pictures from my own teams I posted there. Didn't think a thread would just disappear.

For Sacred Order, I can add my poor mans team (no legendary), wich could do it for the first time just yesterday.

i

Athel died a few times during the fight, but Aniri could bring her back to life.

This boss is another reason to build the "hidden legendary" Armiger. He can keep the tm of the boss down and if he does the final strike at the minions with his A2, they can't be revived.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 14, 2022, 01:4611/14/22
02/24/19
Skadi

Good to have a thread like this again. I miss the old one, especially as I didn't save most of the pictures from my own teams I posted there. Didn't think a thread would just disappear.

For Sacred Order, I can add my poor mans team (no legendary), wich could do it for the first time just yesterday.

i

Athel died a few times during the fight, but Aniri could bring her back to life.

This boss is another reason to build the "hidden legendary" Armiger. He can keep the tm of the boss down and if he does the final strike at the minions with his A2, they can't be revived.

Great job Skadi!

I actually use Aniri and Athel and Armiger in my Sacred Order 21 teams right now, when farming during CvC.

Congrats on getting another Crypt done :)

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 14, 2022, 04:0411/14/22
Nov 14, 2022, 04:10(edited)
12/30/20

As I've said a few times before, this is pretty much what I consider to be the playbook to finishing FW in an efficient manner, minus crunching your Broadmaw. :) 

I had pretty much given up on getting Lydia before Shadowkin dropped, going into December 2021 or so. Then Quinn imparted a good deal of Raid knowledge on me, convincing me I could actually finish off my remaining crypts before it became more difficult to get Lydia. We used the reduced silver cost to help move all that gear around, which was nice, especially since we did what...140 stars in 3 weeks? Moving gear around also taught me an important point that I believe gets lost on newer players, as they get to the time where Lydia becomes possible:

They likely have the champs you need to finish Faction Wars and don't need to just have the best epics and legendaries. There are rare and epic champs that often get ignored or overlooked but can absolutely be your 5th champion on a team. Sometimes they can be your 4th, if not 3rd as well. Though I don't think mine were as good of an example as yours with Arcanist/Executioner in KR and Anointed/Ragemonger/Kallia in Barbs, I had a few fun ones.

Dark Elves

This would be about where Quinn came in and enlightened me that perhaps you should put your best gear on your champions so you no longer have to beat your head against the wall. Turns out, that's a pretty good way to finish 21s up. This one was a bit annoying due to the boss, so we had to overbuild Pain Keeper AND Kaiden (60'd on some good advice)

i

Knights Revenant

I'm just including this to once again document I spent 52 minutes doing this on manual. EXCEEDINGLY annoying faction due to Valks and of course the enemy exchange boss.

i

And finally my last faction ever: Skinwalkers

This one wasn't too bad, minus the fact resources in the account were THIN at this point. This was on the tail end of a crazy grind so I'd blew my way through really everything I had just to finish it off and get Lydia. I ending up using an XP barrel on Steelskull when I couldn't make him work at 50. :D

i

It was well worth all the resources though. Lydia is one of the best champs in the entire game and just unlocks so much progression. Admittedly, I was extremely fortunate to have had someone pushing me to finish while also dropping knowledge bombs left and right. I really do think Lydia is frequently going to be more attainable and can be earlier than a lot of players might think.

Nov 14, 2022, 09:1011/14/22
09/21/20

Thank you for this thread - struggling with a few myself - lizardmen, sacred order and shadowkin  - because I don't have some of the stronger champs eg. Shadowkin only have Ninja as a legendary and have pulled no Sacred Order legos at all bizarrely. Ideas here might just help get some more done. 🙂

Nov 14, 2022, 09:2611/14/22
02/28/22

Great thread, and I agree wholeheartedly that to finish you need to focus on the daily unfinished crypt and move gear to do it. I'd not done that and had my three worst to finish, Lizardmen, Skinwalkers and Demonspawn.  To my suprise, and doing some research I finished each one the day it opened and finished my last, Lizardmen yesterday

I don't have the screenshot but it was suprisingly easy - I had Rhazin (60), Aox (60), Venomage (60) and two Jaregs (50), I put regen and perception on them all and the last three levels (19, 20, 21) I needed this team auto'd and when I got to the boss I went to manual so I always had Jaregs ally protect on - I always figured with the lack of legendaries this would be horrible but it wasn't 

Skinwalkers was a stumble but I was really lucky and recently pulled Longbeard stuck a load of crit on him and he took out those annoying Sethallia's

Just to finish, thanks to everyone on here who offer support and knowledge, really appreciated and useful

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 15, 2022, 03:2711/15/22
02/24/19
Drambuie

Thank you for this thread - struggling with a few myself - lizardmen, sacred order and shadowkin  - because I don't have some of the stronger champs eg. Shadowkin only have Ninja as a legendary and have pulled no Sacred Order legos at all bizarrely. Ideas here might just help get some more done. 🙂

Feel free to post your Faction Rosters and we'll see if we can help. We've helped a few here, and a bunch of people in my clan get this done, hopefully can make some suggestions for you as well. :)

Jan 20, 2023, 00:0601/20/23
10/15/20

Budget Banner Lords team:

i

Ronda free, Arch Mage Hellmut free obtainable from DT normal, Valerie campaign stage 1 rare, Dagger rare. The only champ in this team that is not among the freebies is Giscard. He was part of a fusion once, but I guess most people got the legendary (I allready forgot wich one it was). His AoE provoke is in some way crucial to do the waves.

Dagger and Valerie need some good def/hp from the equip to stay alive with lvl 50. And without any reviver, they have to stay alive for the whole fight. Valerie's healing according to the number of buffs on your team is really big with Archmage (3 buffs) and Giscard (2 buffs). And as this faction boss, unlike some of his fellows, does not ignore def, Giscard's def buff is very helpfull in the fight.

Only Lizards and Knight Revs to go. But I guess the Lizardmen will be much easier after the actual fusion is done.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 20, 2023, 00:1301/20/23
12/30/20

Good stuff. Dagger is a nice one to have built out too because she works quite well in Hard Doom Tower secret rooms. 

How's KR looking? Has to be the worst FW21 for most, I think. 

Jan 20, 2023, 12:0101/20/23
06/05/22

I started seriously loking at getting Lydia about a month ago. Today I'm getting my 8th clear. Overall it has been easier than expected. Most of my teams only have 2 60s in them. Rotating a top tier regen set around allows me to always keep the reviver/sustain champs at 50.

I've also been using a destroy set, as some stages are just brutal with the amount of healing they bring, and hard to keep fully controlled (Knight Rev 20, Dwarves 20, undead 19 IIRC).

Still lagging behind with Orcs and  Demonspawn. The former I have literally no champs worth building, other than Jorrg at 50, and for the latter I have a very imbalanced team (Hephraak as a nuker, but no sustain or revive).

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 20, 2023, 12:1801/20/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

I started seriously loking at getting Lydia about a month ago. Today I'm getting my 8th clear. Overall it has been easier than expected. Most of my teams only have 2 60s in them. Rotating a top tier regen set around allows me to always keep the reviver/sustain champs at 50.

I've also been using a destroy set, as some stages are just brutal with the amount of healing they bring, and hard to keep fully controlled (Knight Rev 20, Dwarves 20, undead 19 IIRC).

Still lagging behind with Orcs and  Demonspawn. The former I have literally no champs worth building, other than Jorrg at 50, and for the latter I have a very imbalanced team (Hephraak as a nuker, but no sustain or revive).

Please add your teams if you have time! Love to see what other people are running, and have more ideas for folks to try. :)

Jan 20, 2023, 13:3701/20/23
06/05/22

I will! Don't have screenshots and not a lot of time rn, but I'll add at least the most interesting winning teams over the coming week.

Jan 25, 2023, 22:2801/25/23
06/05/22

As promised, here are my more interesting clears

Skinwalkers:

Ukko 60

Gnishak 60

Lamibur 50

Reinbeast 40

Basher 40

I am so glad I did the Gnishak fusion. He's a strong carry and I underestimated him severely. Ukko does Ukko things (sustain, a bit of stun, enable 3* clears).

Sacred Order:

Lightsworn 60

Anchorite 60

Anchorite 50

Cardinal 50

Deacon 50

Both Anchorites in stun sets. They are good healers and have very solid stats. Lightsworn is the main damage dealer. Seriously underrated champ. Yes, he's single target only, but he brings useful buffs, debuffs and hits pretty hard. I wouldn't have him at 60 if he hadn't been my first void epic (from new player promo code).

Lizardmen:

Aox 60

Venomage 60

Rhazin 50

Broadmaw 50

Basilisk 50

Basilisk with Stun set. I was surprised that Rhazin solidly did his job even at level 50.

Dark Elves:

Coldheart 60

Coldheart 60

Visix 60

Pain Keeper 50

Captain Temila 50

This was a very low damage clear. I had to keep several Valkyries controlled for long periods of time. In the final wave, I had to prevent both the boss itself and the left minion from ever taking a turn, and provoke doesn't work on either of them. Quite a bit of juggling, but I got it done in the end.

The other factions weren't that interesting. If you rate your roster in terms of the 4 key areas for FW (damage, sustain, control, revive), it'll become obvious what you're missing. Sustain and revive can often be provided by level 50s if you give them top-tier regen sets. I barely ranked anyone to 6 for FW only (the one that comes to mind is Oathbound for Banner lords).

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 27, 2023, 17:4703/27/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

I will! Don't have screenshots and not a lot of time rn, but I'll add at least the most interesting winning teams over the coming week.

Share your new screens and thoughts now that you're done! And congrats again on finishing!

Apr 27, 2023, 14:4004/27/23
06/16/22

@harleQuinn Posting the FW lineup here. 

Currently I can beat Knights Rev, Lizardmen, High Elf, Skinwalker 20. 

My worst factions are Dwarf, Orc and BannerLords. 

i

i

i

i

Bannerlord: Currently running (60) Stag Knight [good gear], (50) Helior [bad gear], (50) Ursula [no gear], (50) Ronda [no gear], (50) Cilian [no gear]....typing this all out is making me realize how silly this looks lol. But I didn't want to waste good gear on champs that I literally never use (outside of Stag)

i

i

Sacred Order: Pretty bad at Faction wars, currently: Anchorite (60)[decent gear], Deacon (60), but my Deacon is truthfully just geared with some below average gear for a Decrease Defense and TM in Arena. (60) Armiger [average gear] and Lightsword (50) [below average gear], using (40) Relickeeper [bad gear]. Seems like I should get Cardiel to 60.

i

i

Barbarians: Currently using (60) Kantra [great gear], (60) Scyla [great gear], (50) Warmaiden [below average gear], (50) Soulbond Bowyer [stun stun, decent gear], (40) High Khatun [no gear]. This team can do stage 20, but they can't 3 star all stages, and can't beat 21. Mainly because Warmaiden, Soulbond and High Khatun just die to anything that sees them, and Scyl can't revive them all that fast. 

i

i

Orgyn Tribe: Currently using (60) Uugo [great gear], (60) Urogrim [above average gear], (60) OB [solid, but I think I moved his gear around], and then (40 Siegehulk, (40 geargrinder) I think, maybe a (40) Bellower. 

Apr 27, 2023, 15:2904/27/23
02/11/22

I have a 100% auto run with Klodd, Ghrush, Siegehulk and OB at 60 (all in ok but nor great gear, lots of 5-star ones) and Prundar at 40, cuz someone needs to be there... It's a bit slow, like 5min to clear 21, cuz there's no big damage in this team, but enemies cant really touch me. Super tanky team (Klodd is awesome).

Just a note: It's up to you of course, but getting a good FW setup for each team to clear both 20 fast, and 21 even if its slower is a good thing. For one, being able to clear 21 gives exrta CVC points. But also, doing any of those 2 stages versus lower ones gets you a steady stream of forge mats. The amount you get is considerably higher than on lower stages. More mats = more 6-star perception.

Apr 28, 2023, 07:4704/28/23
08/18/21

I have demons to do fully and dark elves 21 to 3 star. I have a good team for demons but this 21 dark elves is making me f-n nuuuuuuts. I'm building cold heart as ingot her last week and pray she is the answer. I akways lose a bod before the end!!!!