All Categories

Artifact limit

Artifact limit

Search
Nov 7, 2022, 19:2311/07/22
10/29/20

Artifact limit

Hey, with all these new artifacts any chance we can get an increase to the limit. 300 would be nice :)? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 7, 2022, 20:4011/07/22
10/15/20

The limit for artifacts is 1300 right now, the limit for rings/amulets/banners is another 1300. 

Do you really have that storage space completely filled and need 300 more?

Nov 7, 2022, 23:0211/07/22
06/25/20

My 1300 is definitely already full, to the point where I'm trying to come up with new filter rules to sell more.

Though that's more a fault of the rather lackluster filter system than anything else.

Nov 7, 2022, 23:3111/07/22
Nov 7, 2022, 23:51(edited)
06/20/19

I have had artifacts clogging my inbox more often than not.  It is most likely the most tedious part of the game to clear out substandard gear (a statement relative to one's account).  Additional space is appreciated when given, but is an extreamly short term, and short sighted, solution.

Give an additional 10,000 gear capacity, or give me a few basic sort criteria that can clear the clutter in moments.

Q; I'd like to review all of my gear with quad, triple, etc rolls on a given stat.  

A; (any even half-A orginaztion) select the search/sort criteria.

A; (plarium) soft and look at 1300 items, take notes, figure it out.

Don't even get me started with 2 or more criteria. 

This and the fact that they are not even aware of alphanumeric sort order!

I would suggest that when a player hits the filter icon, a whole new page opens with options.  The options requires to deliver even marginal (compared to current) options will not be possible on the tiny left-hand column.

edit: and please don't give me 10,000 more storage slots.  All you are doing by increasing the storage is increasing the frustration. Fix the problem.  Sort, filter, etc.

Nov 8, 2022, 01:2011/08/22
05/03/20
Angwil

I have had artifacts clogging my inbox more often than not.  It is most likely the most tedious part of the game to clear out substandard gear (a statement relative to one's account).  Additional space is appreciated when given, but is an extreamly short term, and short sighted, solution.

Give an additional 10,000 gear capacity, or give me a few basic sort criteria that can clear the clutter in moments.

Q; I'd like to review all of my gear with quad, triple, etc rolls on a given stat.  

A; (any even half-A orginaztion) select the search/sort criteria.

A; (plarium) soft and look at 1300 items, take notes, figure it out.

Don't even get me started with 2 or more criteria. 

This and the fact that they are not even aware of alphanumeric sort order!

I would suggest that when a player hits the filter icon, a whole new page opens with options.  The options requires to deliver even marginal (compared to current) options will not be possible on the tiny left-hand column.

edit: and please don't give me 10,000 more storage slots.  All you are doing by increasing the storage is increasing the frustration. Fix the problem.  Sort, filter, etc.

It seems a simple problem to fix.  Is the added difficulty on purpose as part of the game?

Nov 8, 2022, 02:5511/08/22
06/20/19
ClosedPoly

It seems a simple problem to fix.  Is the added difficulty on purpose as part of the game?

Now that, I do not know.  But I can't imagine why it would be on purpose.  Just can't see the simple solution from the user's pov, or can't figure out how to make it happen, or don't care.

Nov 8, 2022, 04:5211/08/22
10/11/20

Selling the junk solves the problem. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 8, 2022, 05:0711/08/22
Nov 8, 2022, 05:30(edited)
12/30/20

With the disclaimer I'm no expert on what adding too much storage would cause from a server/in game performance standpoint: my inclination is too much might space end up causing problems.

I would say a significantly improved filtering system is a vastly better idea. I've been at 1200/1300 for awhile now for artifacts - while being well under 400 below accessory cap - and am just selling off 5* gear I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever using again, stuff that my account has far outgrown. Perhaps at some point I'll have too much 6* gear and effectively figuring out what to sell will become too onerous.

Not to fence sit here but I think a lot of us probably keep stuff we shouldn't, for far too long. But, we could definitely benefit from a better filter function in game.

Nov 8, 2022, 09:3811/08/22
06/20/19
Tyr Anasazi

Selling the junk solves the problem. 

selling the junk 'is' the problem. 

How do I sell all def% pieces with 2 flat rolls and only 1 roll on speed, while keeping those that have double speed?  A: deal with the problem and click every single piece.  It may be 1 of 100 different questions, but there goes 4 hours.

Nov 8, 2022, 21:4711/08/22
10/11/20
Angwil

selling the junk 'is' the problem. 

How do I sell all def% pieces with 2 flat rolls and only 1 roll on speed, while keeping those that have double speed?  A: deal with the problem and click every single piece.  It may be 1 of 100 different questions, but there goes 4 hours.

First, you find some time, go through all of it, sell all crappy pieces and - this is the important part - don't let it accumulate again. You may spend 4 hours this time, but the next will be 3 seconds, you roll some crap - sell instantly. My gear capacity is currently about 40-something percent, and it's been like that for a long time, because I insta-sell every piece that dissapoints me during rolling, as sort of in effigie punishment. I don't want to look at it and despair at how weak everything looks.

And I believe RSL Helper also has that feature, I remember using it to roll all my 15s to 16 during CvC once (recently) and it has those same filters you mentioned, although I haven't tried using it to gear-cleanse yet, because as mentioned, 40% full.

Yes, it would be nice if they added more filters into the game, not gonna argue that, but just for the purpose of gear cleansing it's largely redundant. It's like pruning a garden, you let it grow how it wants, and before you know it, you're gonna need to go in with a shotgun before you go in with a hoe. ;)

Nov 8, 2022, 21:5011/08/22
06/25/20
Tyr Anasazi

First, you find some time, go through all of it, sell all crappy pieces and - this is the important part - don't let it accumulate again. You may spend 4 hours this time, but the next will be 3 seconds, you roll some crap - sell instantly. My gear capacity is currently about 40-something percent, and it's been like that for a long time, because I insta-sell every piece that dissapoints me during rolling, as sort of in effigie punishment. I don't want to look at it and despair at how weak everything looks.

And I believe RSL Helper also has that feature, I remember using it to roll all my 15s to 16 during CvC once (recently) and it has those same filters you mentioned, although I haven't tried using it to gear-cleanse yet, because as mentioned, 40% full.

Yes, it would be nice if they added more filters into the game, not gonna argue that, but just for the purpose of gear cleansing it's largely redundant. It's like pruning a garden, you let it grow how it wants, and before you know it, you're gonna need to go in with a shotgun before you go in with a hoe. ;)

I don't think that's a realistic goal. Personally, while my game is generally running throughout the day, I'm focusing on work. I don't have the bandwith to switch over to my items every so often and roll them - not to mention, doing so is sacrificing silver and valuable artifact enhancement points. Sure, it's not a huge amount of silver, but everything adds up.

My goal is to just do this once every month or so, prior to fusions. Anything less is just torture.

Nov 8, 2022, 22:0811/08/22
12/19/19

I gotta agree with selling junk solves the problem... I am back to pushing 1300... but it is pure laziness at this point...1000 artifacts I will never equip... that's probably a lower 

Nov 9, 2022, 16:4311/09/22
10/11/20
kramaswamy.kr

I don't think that's a realistic goal. Personally, while my game is generally running throughout the day, I'm focusing on work. I don't have the bandwith to switch over to my items every so often and roll them - not to mention, doing so is sacrificing silver and valuable artifact enhancement points. Sure, it's not a huge amount of silver, but everything adds up.

My goal is to just do this once every month or so, prior to fusions. Anything less is just torture.

I never said you have to roll it as soon as you get them, roll them whenever you want, just don't keep crappy rolls. I keep one or two of those just for a chance to re-roll them, but otherwise in the bin. Why keep them? You think you're gonna use them for whatever, FW champs or something, yet - and this has happened to me quite often - every time I build a champion I find myself skipping those pieces and going for something else.

How unrealistic of a goal that may be, I don't know, I just know I'm doing it. And if anyone is doing it, it's realistic by definition.

i

i

Nov 9, 2022, 19:5711/09/22
06/20/19

I just do not understand why someone would argue against improvements.

Nov 10, 2022, 07:2911/10/22

What about the new item sets ? Its time to selling the bolster sets ? Can we farming ? How many new item sets came after 1300 slot limits ? Plarium when increase last time the slot limits? Maybe in 2021 , two or three monts before Hydra?  At least 4 new item set came out or will come if i remember fine. Stone skin,Protection,Instinct,Bolster -> Defiant

Nov 11, 2022, 09:2811/11/22
06/24/22

Better filtering would be great, would be great if the big streamers and whales started talking about it. They'd probably address it at that point.

Having a strict organizational system helps too. I'm definitely not at your levels, so I have no idea what you're dealing with. Probably more complicated. With where I'm at, I'm at a point where I'm looking to get rare 5* on everything, specific main stats, with at least 2 specific substats at . Once I get the important champs equipped, epic 5*, main, 2 sub. Then 3 sub, and so on. I let the gear trickle down to next Champs until it's time to destroy or sell (usually destroy unless it's a half price removal event). 

Nov 11, 2022, 10:1411/11/22
03/03/19

Better filtering would be great, yes.

But how about adding a vault like with the champions.

Then if you get a great item that you wish to keep for later, then you could move it to the vault to keep safe.

Then anything thats in the first storage section is fair game to delete (or vice versa).

That would mean that you wouldn't constantly be checking the same items and cut down your spring cleaning time.

They could even split the current max value over the two section 650 in each, or up it to 1400 and have 700 in each

Nov 11, 2022, 11:3811/11/22
10/15/20
Andi

Better filtering would be great, yes.

But how about adding a vault like with the champions.

Then if you get a great item that you wish to keep for later, then you could move it to the vault to keep safe.

Then anything thats in the first storage section is fair game to delete (or vice versa).

That would mean that you wouldn't constantly be checking the same items and cut down your spring cleaning time.

They could even split the current max value over the two section 650 in each, or up it to 1400 and have 700 in each

👍 That's a good idea.

A seperate section for Items you definetly wan't to keep would be great. I would compare new items only to the "normal" stash and decide what to sell much faster.