All Categories

Hurndig

Hurndig

Search
Nov 6, 2022, 14:1911/06/22
07/13/22

Hurndig

I knew I was close to mercy on Sacreds so I pulled 2 this morning. Is Hurndig viable for any teams and to level up?

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 6, 2022, 15:5311/06/22
07/08/19

extremely. hurndig is strong in just about every area of the game. he can be a bit tricky to build, since he's able to act as an extremely strong dps or an excellent debuffer. you'll likely want to pick one or the other to specialize in, which will play a role in where you get the most use out of him.

Nov 6, 2022, 16:0311/06/22
07/13/22

Thanks Carpe_Piscis. 

Nov 6, 2022, 16:1811/06/22
06/25/20

While I don't disagree with Carpe, I will caution you OP - champs like Hurndig, whose primary role is damage, are very, very plentiful. Don't make the mistake of thinking every one of those is worth building out.

That's not to say Hurndig would be a mistake to invest in - just, keep him in mind in context of who else you have. Try to always have a plan for what you will use someone for, before you actually level them.

Nov 6, 2022, 16:4711/06/22
07/13/22

Thanks and yes kind of why I ask the more experienced players. I know some that are rated good do not work so good anymore as the game changes.

Nov 6, 2022, 17:1211/06/22
06/25/20
cpetree

Thanks and yes kind of why I ask the more experienced players. I know some that are rated good do not work so good anymore as the game changes.

Yes, but the question you asked isn't really the correct question to ask. You can't just say "should I build this champ". We have no context for your roster.

The appropriate question is "would this team that I am currently using be improved if I replaced champion X with this new champion I built". And, even more specifically, "would it improve enough to justify using lego books".

Nov 6, 2022, 20:0611/06/22
Nov 6, 2022, 20:08(edited)
07/13/22

Well I guess that would be the appropriate questions. I have so many champions to build and so many teams to build the decisions seem endless. I do not want to build teams now and then have to build new ones in the future all the time. I would love to go through what I have now and see what teams I would have that would be viable through the dungeons  and arena through end game. If they cannot reach their potential yet still have them built for when they can be. Like arena I have Seeker, deacon, high khatun, cardinal, tomb lord, long beard, sinesha, skullcrown, trunda, rearguard sergeant, mausoleum mage, tuhanarak, rakka, skytouch, mountain man, hurndig, Kael. My current team is demytha, udk, tuhanarak and kael, sometimes deacon. For me I do not know what is higher arena viable team yet even if I cannot gear them yet properly. I am progressing into silver 4 with them farming weaker teams but can see a big difference in alot of those teams.

Nov 6, 2022, 20:2111/06/22
06/25/20
cpetree

Well I guess that would be the appropriate questions. I have so many champions to build and so many teams to build the decisions seem endless. I do not want to build teams now and then have to build new ones in the future all the time. I would love to go through what I have now and see what teams I would have that would be viable through the dungeons  and arena through end game. If they cannot reach their potential yet still have them built for when they can be. Like arena I have Seeker, deacon, high khatun, cardinal, tomb lord, long beard, sinesha, skullcrown, trunda, rearguard sergeant, mausoleum mage, tuhanarak, rakka, skytouch, mountain man, hurndig, Kael. My current team is demytha, udk, tuhanarak and kael, sometimes deacon. For me I do not know what is higher arena viable team yet even if I cannot gear them yet properly. I am progressing into silver 4 with them farming weaker teams but can see a big difference in alot of those teams.

You need focus. Pick a goal, and work on that. Don't try to do everything at once.

Your early-game goal should be to get all four dungeons on autofarm at level 20 and to get at least top chest Nightmare. If you aren't there on one of those yet, then pick one and focus on it.

Nov 6, 2022, 20:2611/06/22
07/13/22

I am doing that right now. Dragon is level 23 right now. Working to get gear to gear clan boss team now. I realize everything does not happen at once and really so appreciate the reminder. Never been a good waiter. 

Nov 6, 2022, 21:2211/06/22
10/15/20

You do not need Hurndig as a damage dealer. You allready have Trunda, same faction, same affinity, higher AoE damage.

If you build another AoE damage dealer (what is not the top priority if you have Trunda), I suggest to take another affinity, to deal with dungeon waves in force affinity dungeons, where Trunda would be we weak.

Nov 7, 2022, 23:2211/07/22
04/22/20

I love my Hurndig. He's in my doom tower waves team for both normal and hard. To get the best out of him, you need him booked and in a hybrid build that does good damage and can land his debuffs.  That kind of a build is tough to manage, so he might not be a priority for you now but I'd say it should be a question of when you build him not if. 

Nov 7, 2022, 23:2611/07/22
06/25/20

Again, just to be very clear - none of us are saying Hurndig is bad. In some places, he may very well be one of the best options available.

What we're cautioning against is just assuming because of that, he's necessarily the best option available for *everyone*.

As a perfect example - my Hurndig is sitting basically unused. He's at 60 because I leveled him way back when, but he's unbooked, and mostly unascended, and has no masteries.

Nov 8, 2022, 00:1111/08/22
04/22/20

I understand your point and your perfect example highlights my reason for posting. I spoke up because most people are like you, they have him in the vault. I just wanted to make the point that even someone with the vast majority of champs in the game can enjoy him and find him useful. He does need a more challenging hybrid build, so may be better suited for later game. For me he's in my doom tower waves team next to Leo, Krisk, Warlord, and Scyl (who I also love).  

Nov 8, 2022, 02:4811/08/22
10/15/20
dvryceb

I love my Hurndig. He's in my doom tower waves team for both normal and hard. To get the best out of him, you need him booked and in a hybrid build that does good damage and can land his debuffs.  That kind of a build is tough to manage, so he might not be a priority for you now but I'd say it should be a question of when you build him not if. 

I agree that debuffers that do a lot of damage while debuffing are great. But, like you mentioned, they are not easy to build. For real high damage, the champ needs cr.dam gloves and 100% c.rate from substats - at the same time you need acc and additional speed from substats.

The only champ where I really could achieve this "damage while debuffing" is Ghostborn, but that's because he doesn't need acc.

Nov 8, 2022, 13:0511/08/22

Hurndig its a beast in good hands. I still didnt change to Baron at PvP. A1 kill reset the A3 skill which is a monter hiter, can damage over 200k in two secton and first section reseting the enemy turn meter to zero!!! A2 in DT its another good skill, dec def with dec acc.

Nov 8, 2022, 14:2411/08/22
07/13/22

kramaswamy.kr is right in cautionary measures. I get it and understand. This is a long game and got to play for the end game. That being said my main concentrated effort right now is a unm clan boss team. My issue is I have way to many options. I believe the one I can build now would be the budget maneater. I also have demytha, 2 seekers, heiress, etc... Only one maneater and no tower or hellicath... I have a few options speed is the killer on some of the other teams though right now. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 8, 2022, 14:3011/08/22
02/24/19
cpetree

kramaswamy.kr is right in cautionary measures. I get it and understand. This is a long game and got to play for the end game. That being said my main concentrated effort right now is a unm clan boss team. My issue is I have way to many options. I believe the one I can build now would be the budget maneater. I also have demytha, 2 seekers, heiress, etc... Only one maneater and no tower or hellicath... I have a few options speed is the killer on some of the other teams though right now. 

UNM CB is the way. :)

i

Nov 8, 2022, 14:5311/08/22
07/13/22
harleQuinn

UNM CB is the way. :)

i

Thanks harleQuinn lol.