All Categories

CB team composition and others

Search
Nov 4, 2022, 11:5611/04/22
08/20/22

Hello Guys! I am trying to get the best possible composition for CB. Can you tell me how should I put champs together for best results in CB and Dragon?

Also, Who to 6star next? I recieved Golden Reaper and Hotatsu lately but perhaps Vogoth or Deacon should be my priority.

Thanks!

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 4, 2022, 12:2311/04/22
10/15/20

Urogrim! He can basically solo the Dragon dungeon. Probably not now, your account seems to be quite young and I guess you don't have the equip that is so good for him. But Urogrim is a monster, and in CB he pairs very well with Venomage.

You have a bunch of champs worth lvl 60: Vogoth, Jareg, Deacon.

For CB I recommend the following team: 

• Urogrim (poison, healing, remove CB's stun debuff)
  • Jareg (attack debuff, ally protection, def buff)
  • Venomage (more poison, backup atk debuff, def debuff)
  • UDK (shields and target for the strong stun hit)
  • Vogoth (leech, passive heal)

The only relevant debuff that this team doesn't have is weaken. You could argue for Athel in that case, but I think the overall utility of her is not that high for your account, as you have so many great champs to max (in addition to the champs listed above Deacon, Umbral, Golden Reaper, Armiger, Bloodgorged).

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 6, 2022, 02:4011/06/22
12/30/20

Before taking up any CB specific champs, I'd definitely want to 60 Deacon, too and arguably before Urogrim. Deacon fits in pretty much all content in the game and is one of the very best epics out there. You lack a defense down champion at 60 and he doubles a speed booster/turn meter manipulator, as well.

While you're bringing up champs, I think I'd roll UDK/Venom/Kael/Ursala/Urogrim, since we'll need Vogoth at 60. Normally I'd like Hotatsu here, but since you have UDK Hotatsu becomes less useful, I'd think.

Because we have so much sustain in this comp with Jareg, Venom and UDK, I think Vogoth will be probably the first champ to come out of here, if not Urogrim. He was a good DPS in CB pre nerf, but is only OK now. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 6, 2022, 03:0311/06/22
02/24/19

I'm not bringing in Vogoth for his passive heal, personally. It's a diminishing return for sure. And when CB gets to the point he can one shot Vogoth with his A1, he just will. I want to find Leech on a champ that is bringing more stuff to the table rather than a percentage of damage healing, since Warmaster procs on Leech is where the majority of our healing comes from.

Instead, I'm going for an even more defensive team:

Hotatsu is a great choice to start. In the lead slot Hotatsu increases defense by 25%, and his passive means that he can clear the stun all on his own. He also brings an Inc Def, a Continuous Heal, a Decrease Attack, and a Leech. Inc Def and Dec Atk are two of the main buffs/debuffs we need, Leech enables us to avoid using Lifesteal gear on everyone. Continuous Heal is just a nice bonus. Additionally, he can hit quite hard, and his damage does scale with his defensive ability versus CB. He'd be the first champ I'd build, and with all the different things he does, is most likely to remain on your teams for some time. 

Deacon will show up with TM boosts, a Dec Def for the boss, and a backup Leech to ensure that buff stays up the entire fight. His boosting can make it a bit easier for us to go 2:1 at some points, and even if he eventually leaves CB, he keeps a spot in Arena and Tag Teams.

Jareg is an excellent champ for Ally Protection. Ally Protect is the sustain method for CB teams, defraying damage and tripling/quadrupling/quintupling our sustain. He will also continue those lovely Inc Defense debuffs, which helps our Defense champs' damage and that lovely sustain. His passive can place continuous heals on champs that take a hard stun hit.

Venomage. Poisons and Poison Explosions. Dec Atk and Dec Def. Lots of ways to put it on and keep it going with your champs.

Urogrim. More Poisons. Cleanses. Heals. Venomage blows them up, he keeps reapplying.

So basically, I don't see a need for Vogoth with this much healing, Leech, and several different sources of Dec Atk. I also don't see a need for UDK except for while we're ranking up Hotatsu. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 6, 2022, 03:3311/06/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I'm not bringing in Vogoth for his passive heal, personally. It's a diminishing return for sure. And when CB gets to the point he can one shot Vogoth with his A1, he just will. I want to find Leech on a champ that is bringing more stuff to the table rather than a percentage of damage healing, since Warmaster procs on Leech is where the majority of our healing comes from.

Hotatsu is a great choice to start. In the lead slot Hotatsu increases defense by 25%, and his passive means that he can clear the stun all on his own. He also brings an Inc Def, a Continuous Heal, a Decrease Attack, and a Leech. Inc Def and Dec Atk are two of the main buffs/debuffs we need, Leech enables us to avoid using Lifesteal gear on everyone. Continuous Heal is just a nice bonus. Additionally, he can hit quite hard, and his damage does scale with his defensive ability versus CB. He'd be the first champ I'd build, and with all the different things he does, is most likely to remain on your teams for some time. 

Deacon will show up with TM boosts, a Dec Def for the boss, and a backup Leech to ensure that buff stays up the entire fight. His boosting can make it a bit easier for us to go 2:1 at some points, and even if he eventually leaves CB, he keeps a spot in Arena and Tag Teams.

Jareg is an excellent champ for Ally Protection. Ally Protect is the sustain method for CB teams, defraying damage and tripling/quadrupling/quintupling our sustain. He will also continue those lovely Inc Defense debuffs, which helps our Defense champs' damage and that lovely sustain. His passive can place continuous heals on champs that take a hard stun hit.

Venomage. Poisons and Poison Explosions. Dec Atk and Dec Def. Lots of ways to put it on and keep it going with your champs.

Urogrim. More Poisons. Cleanses. Heals. Venomage blows them up, he keeps reapplying.

So basically, I don't see a need for Vogoth with this much healing, Leech, and several different sources of Dec Atk. I also don't see a need for UDK except for while we're ranking up Hotatsu. :)

This is going to be a much better route. We're taking a significantly more proactive approach to sustain with this comp and we're going to be doing more damage. Also, I'm starting to think I underrate Hotatsu :)

Nov 6, 2022, 05:5411/06/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Just to note - Hotatsu clears his own stun, yes, but the cooldown effect still applies. So, for him to be the stun blocker and also run his DEF up on turn 1 of each rotation, he needs to be tuned 4:3.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 6, 2022, 06:0511/06/22
Nov 6, 2022, 06:06(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Just to note - Hotatsu clears his own stun, yes, but the cooldown effect still applies. So, for him to be the stun blocker and also run his DEF up on turn 1 of each rotation, he needs to be tuned 4:3.

This is certainly the case on how stun and cooldowns work. Once we speed tune the comp we can stress over it though.

Until then we just keep in the 2 Inc Def champs in Jareg and Hotatsu, as per the post, and just passively keep it up pretty much the whole time. :)

Nov 6, 2022, 15:1711/06/22
08/20/22
harleQuinn

Thank you, this is vety precise anwer to all of mine questions regarding CB. I found Hotatsu to be so good for me since I am quite new to the game (day 100) and as far as I can tell I had some real luck with epic pulls.

Right now I am running UDK, Ursala, Kael, Veno and Uro but max I can get is about 7kk on Hard.

I am sure that with all that tips Ill be able to make much better score.

Also, is the team you are suggesting also good choice to farm dragon? 

Thank you!

Nov 14, 2022, 11:3111/14/22
08/20/22
harleQuinn

Hi there agin. I am about to rank up Jareg up to 6 stars but as Prime Gaming customer I recieved Kunoichi and I am wondering - is she better choice than him? She can bring Weaken debuff aswell as Ally Protection. 

My current team is Kael, Deacon, Venomage, UDK and Ursala. It allows me to do approx 1 key hard which isnt that much. Kael, Deacon, Veno and UDK are 6 stars. I am going to slowly change this team to Deacon, Veno, Hotatsu, Urogrimm and Jareg/Kunoichi as described in your psot.

Thanks in advance.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 14, 2022, 17:5111/14/22
02/24/19
Denuch94

Hi there agin. I am about to rank up Jareg up to 6 stars but as Prime Gaming customer I recieved Kunoichi and I am wondering - is she better choice than him? She can bring Weaken debuff aswell as Ally Protection. 

My current team is Kael, Deacon, Venomage, UDK and Ursala. It allows me to do approx 1 key hard which isnt that much. Kael, Deacon, Veno and UDK are 6 stars. I am going to slowly change this team to Deacon, Veno, Hotatsu, Urogrimm and Jareg/Kunoichi as described in your psot.

Thanks in advance.

The problem with Kunoichi is that TM boost she does. It makes tuning her for CB speed tunes nigh impossible. If you don't mind spending some time dealing with speed tunes and having them possibly not work even after that, she does have upside with that Weaken and a Block Damage when her health drops.

Jareg is still a solid Ally Protector. And he drops nice Continuous Heal buffs. I use him in FW 20-21 teams and in Hard Doom Tower still today. :)

Overall, I think you'll end up 60ing both at some point. Personally I would start with Jareg for ease of building, but that's just me. :)

Nov 17, 2022, 19:3211/17/22
08/20/22
harleQuinn

Well, hello again :) I have some more questions. So, I joined a clan who is doing NM Cb right now. I'm still in process of development considering my own CB team - all according to your tips as quoted above. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Hotatsu - how to build him properly if his only puropse is to be in CB team? He is 6 stars with unloced all masteries and I dont know how to gear him. What is the speed and acc level to aim for? How about other stats? He is not booked tho.

Deacon - same as above. He is 6 stars with all masteries. How to build him? I've got him with 151 speed and 170 acc. I gues it is to low. How about other stats? What is the key? He is almost booked.

Venomage - 6 stars, I need to finish him with masteries. How to build him? For sure main concern is acc to utilize poisons and land debuffs. He is not booked. 204 ACC and only 140 Speed.

Jareg - masterywise he is ready to unleash his potential but I still need him to 6 star. How to gear him?

Urogrimm - he is at 5 stars, w/o masteries. No idea how to build him. 

How much this team is capable of doing? What are key areas for each champion to build? I am so lost in terms of team composition for CB. My main achievement was doing 1 key 14 mln dmg at hard in previous clan... now I need to do 39 mln on nightmare. I dont know where to start.