All Categories

Need Guidance on Undead Hordes Faction L7 Boss

Search
Oct 31, 2022, 13:5410/31/22
04/12/21

Having trouble with the L7 boss that melts away all my champs, even The Ultimate one.  The in-game guide says I have to control but not kill the minions to beat that level.  Does anyone have ideas on what UDH champ(s) might accomplish that?  Please suggest any champs Rare or less. Hopefully I can come up with one.  All I have now are Damphir, Doomscreech, Dark Elhain, and UDK, but they do not help.

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 31, 2022, 14:0110/31/22
11/16/20

For lvl 7 it doesn't matter. It's just having enough champions, one decent geared 60 could solo it.

Oct 31, 2022, 14:2910/31/22
10/15/20

The first bosses in FW are very hard to do at the start, it's a bit unbalanced.

It doesn't really matter if you beat that stage right now. Just wait until you brought some champs that are worth levelling to 60. Dark Elhain and UDK are good champs anyway and worth lvl 60, but I wouldn't bother with Dhampir (or any other uncommen exept Armiger).

Oct 31, 2022, 14:4110/31/22
Oct 31, 2022, 14:42(edited)
04/12/21

skadi, it has a book sitting there that I would like

I beat plenty of things in the game, but I need whatever insight someone has about the specifics of that level.  The guide says to control the minions but do not kill them, so I would like some specific help on the right champ or whatever to do that. Maybe someone who has beaten that level can tell me what they used, bearing in mind I will not have what 'ell 'ades has. It should not take a mega monster to do it but the right skill is what is needed.

and Dhamphir is S rated just like armiger

Oct 31, 2022, 14:5510/31/22
10/15/20

I wouldn't bother the ratings of some older champs on the different Raid internet pages. They were considered as good when the game was new and no alternative was aviable. 50% of the champs in the game didn't exist then, and I don't think a page like Ayumi ever rebalanced the rating Dhampir (and others) got at the start.

Ressource management is the way to succes in this game, don't invest in bad champs just to reach a certain fw stage a bit earlier. 

Armiger is a real endgame champ, I use him at Scarab Boss in DT, FK 20 and 25, Spider 20. Dhampir has no use once you got enough champs to fill your fw team with rares and epics. They are definetly not in the same tier.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 15:0210/31/22
02/24/19

I agree with the above... you'll be just fine beating it if you take Dark Elhain and Ultimate Deathknight to 60 and gearing them moderarely well. Then you should be able to beat this stage, and won't have to rank up champs like Dhampir.

i

60s make a big difference. :)

Oct 31, 2022, 15:3810/31/22
Oct 31, 2022, 15:53(edited)
04/12/21

Thanks for showing something definitive, I only mention damphir because it is a champ I have for that faction, not that I am relying on it specifically. Your solution though is probably a long way off for me. What do you think is the skill that is working within your champs? Obviously massive force is not the answer because the guide says the minions should not be killed. So some finesse is required. My udk and  Dark El are not so strong but still get wiped after just few turns against the boss.  But I can try building more on dark ehlain.

Gear moderately well?  So how to do that, gear them well then back them off?

Thanks for the answer

I just have no idea the course to proceed, what to upgrade and how.  Do I need more atk, def, CR, CD, Spd, HP, things of that nature?

Oct 31, 2022, 15:5510/31/22
06/25/20
End Is Near

Thanks for showing something definitive, I only mention damphir because it is a champ I have for that faction, not that I am relying on it specifically. Your solution though is probably a long way off for me. What do you think is the skill that is working within your champs? Obviously massive force is not the answer because the guide says the minions should not be killed. So some finesse is required. My udk and  Dark El are not so strong but still get wiped after just few turns against the boss.  But I can try building more on dark ehlain.

Thanks for the answer

I just have no idea the course to proceed, what to upgrade and how.  Do I need more atk, def, CR, CD, Spd, HP, things of that nature?

The reason that boss is harder than the others, is because of the minion on the right:

Support #2 Attack 1 target champion and another random champion. Ignores Defense. Always land as normal hit. Damage Multiplier: 0.6 Target MAX HP 

Since it ignores defense, and since it hits twice, it'll essentially always 1-shot UDK. The reason why Quinn is able to clear that boss so easily, is because he'll literally oneshot that minion, so it'll never do any damage.

For you, you have two options. First option is, like in her case, to take that minion out before it can attack. The boss will revive it, but as long as you can keep clearing it before either it or the boss gets a turn, you'll be fine, since the other one doesn't do nearly as much damage.

The second option is to CC it. None of your listed champs have any CC, though, so this option is probably moot.

However - the bigger consideration here is just whether you should even be bothering. One of the bigger mistakes newer players make is spending too many of their resources on leveling champs just for faction wars. Yes, it's a good idea to level *good* champs for that, but leveling random uncommons or rares just to try to progress is almost always a mistake.

Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't invest in any one of those champs listed, except for UDK and possibly Dark Elhain. Bring them to 60 - though definitely not as a high-priority task. There are almost certainly more important things for you to focus your resources on.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 16:0410/31/22
02/24/19
End Is Near

Thanks for the answer

Happy to help.

Gear as well as you can. I say "moderately well" because while I can build champs with fairly endgame stats, my Dark Elhain is not. She is still geared with 5 star stuff from demonstrating Bommal F2P teams when the Dark Fae DT Rotation came out, so she's not geared "endgame", although UDK I left in his Arena gear.

In the post above, Krama gives some good advice on what to do about focusing the minions down to beat the boss.

Really, the best thing you can do to progress here is to 60 the two champs above and then use the now much more powerful champs to finish the stage. I would not 60 or even rank up Doomscreech or Dhampir. 60s are the key to progression. :)

Oct 31, 2022, 18:4610/31/22
12/19/19

12.3 brutal 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 31, 2022, 19:0110/31/22
02/24/19
Trips

12.3 brutal 

Will Professor Trips also accept 12.3 or 12.6 Hard as an answer if you can't do 12.3 Brutal yet? XD

Oct 31, 2022, 19:2110/31/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Will Professor Trips also accept 12.3 or 12.6 Hard as an answer if you can't do 12.3 Brutal yet? XD

I think 12.3 normal might be better for dungeon diver 

Nov 4, 2022, 22:5011/04/22
04/12/21
kramaswamy.kr

The reason that boss is harder than the others, is because of the minion on the right:

Support #2 Attack 1 target champion and another random champion. Ignores Defense. Always land as normal hit. Damage Multiplier: 0.6 Target MAX HP 

Since it ignores defense, and since it hits twice, it'll essentially always 1-shot UDK. The reason why Quinn is able to clear that boss so easily, is because he'll literally oneshot that minion, so it'll never do any damage.

For you, you have two options. First option is, like in her case, to take that minion out before it can attack. The boss will revive it, but as long as you can keep clearing it before either it or the boss gets a turn, you'll be fine, since the other one doesn't do nearly as much damage.

The second option is to CC it. None of your listed champs have any CC, though, so this option is probably moot.

However - the bigger consideration here is just whether you should even be bothering. One of the bigger mistakes newer players make is spending too many of their resources on leveling champs just for faction wars. Yes, it's a good idea to level *good* champs for that, but leveling random uncommons or rares just to try to progress is almost always a mistake.

Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't invest in any one of those champs listed, except for UDK and possibly Dark Elhain. Bring them to 60 - though definitely not as a high-priority task. There are almost certainly more important things for you to focus your resources on.

Very nice answer.  If it were not for the rare book available from that level, I would not bother, but books of any kind are cherished possessions for me lol.

Very good tip about the minion on the right, I will see if I can focus on that. I am surprised, with all the whoopteedoo made about UDK, he does not command some skill that will help, but alas not.

Each day has another faction crypt in focus, so for that day UDH is in action I try to make the most of it.

So yes, the challenge for me is to receive a new champ that will work like you say with CC, as upgrading things to L60 is not my short path.

Thanks again.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 6, 2022, 02:3411/06/22
02/24/19

Good luck! And if you end up 60ing UDK, you won't regret the effort. He is quite good. Very strong. :)

Nov 7, 2022, 22:2711/07/22
04/12/21

I am not encouraged by what I see so far at L50, I have him in regeneration and immortal set, power about 24k, and he still melts away like wax from that right side minion.  How much power do I need, do you think? Or speed, or whatever?

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 7, 2022, 22:4011/07/22
12/30/20
End Is Near

I am not encouraged by what I see so far at L50, I have him in regeneration and immortal set, power about 24k, and he still melts away like wax from that right side minion.  How much power do I need, do you think? Or speed, or whatever?

For what it's worth: power is a very flawed metric in and of itself. 

UDK needs to be built with a lot of defense and HP to be an effective tank, and to really be effective at that - and hitting solid HP/DEF numbers - he'll need to be 60.

Nov 7, 2022, 23:0411/07/22
04/12/21

ok, hordes won't open for another week and 4 days

Nov 7, 2022, 23:2311/07/22
06/25/20
End Is Near

A good ballpark is that a level 60 champ is at least three times better, in every way, than when it was at level 50. In many cases it's much more than that.

Apr 30, 2023, 16:1304/30/23
04/12/21

I am back at this again after some months away.  But I solved this Undead Horde L7 issue, already moving past that to Stage 11.  It was a round about way but I was pleasantly surprised.  Btw, just getting UDK to L60 was good for other reasons but I was still getting wiped by the right side minion. I also had a champ called Lich but along with UDK was no help for that L7.

I began playing on the Sand Devil Necropolis.  In that I learned that the trick there was to have a champ that does SLEEP.  For that there is a common undead horde champ called Hellhound, which is a one skill common champ, all it has is Sleep for one turn.  I accumulated enough of those to fill all the book slots.  Slowly I built it up to a 4 star champ, with artifacts, tried it out in the lower level campaigns and it seemed to work.  In order to Sleep it needs a critical hit, so I got the CR up to almost 100%.  I tried it out in the SDN and it was working pretty well, using Scyl to keep it alive.

Then I remembered that some crowd control might work for that pesky L7.  Sure enough, I added the Hellhound to my UDK and Lich, and I pointed them at that right minion and it went to sleep long enough to get whacked. Once that minion was gone, the boss went down pretty easily, I was amazed! If the minion revived I just hit it again.

So thanks folks for all the help, as I suspected, brute force would not be the only answer.