All Categories

What Epic characters will support me past Mid Game?

Search
Oct 26, 2022, 00:2610/26/22
09/09/21

On a similar topic I asked recently about "rares", now I ask about Epics. I know the question is subjective, but I'm running out of space to store characters while playing FTP, so I'm curious as to the "opinions" of others. 

Please know I haven't made some of the right choices with many of these characters, so please leave out those comments. I prefer sticking with the subject line question. 

Thanks to everyone who responds. Cheers! 

Disclaimer:  I have seen several content contributors and youtube support videos saying to never use Epics as food, but when I see comments in the RSL Forums and other sites saying an Epic character is useless, I just think, why not. 🤔

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 26, 2022, 00:5510/26/22
07/08/19

the ones i see here that i would say certainly have endgame potential include mordecai, sepulcher, venomage, miscreated monster, jareg, alure, magnarr, vogoth, and warcaster. there are also a number of champs that certainly could be useable like hotatsu or ghrush as well as some champions that may not be broadly applicable but will be a great help in faction wars or other limited areas, like jorrg.

as for the why not, just because an epic champion is useless at the moment doesnt mean they always will be. there could be new content added or a champion rebalance that turns a champ from a dumpster fire into one of the best champions in the game. given the low odds of pulling a specific epic champ its better to hang on to a copy of each one. true, the majority will just take up space in your collection but new spaces are cheap, particularly with the addition of the reserve vault.

Oct 26, 2022, 03:3810/26/22
11/16/20

If you're running out of space open more slots. There is a ton of champion space now.

Oct 26, 2022, 05:2610/26/22
09/14/20

If you do not have Ukko, Hoforees will be great for Faction Wars, Anax could be used on certain CB teams and I stil run Lodric on the Scarab kind and Crimson Helm against Bommal

Oct 26, 2022, 16:4810/26/22
06/25/20
  1. Listen to what others are saying. Don't use epics as food. First, you don't know yet whether you'll need them or not. Second, you'll want to fill your epic vault, so you'll need those to get dupes to fill them with.
  2. Don't level anyone before deciding what you're going to use them for.
dthorne04Moderator
Oct 26, 2022, 18:0210/26/22
12/30/20

+1 to keeping epics and having a plan. 

Now as for what type of plan to have, who to bring up next, etc. it would help to see your entire roster and knowing where you are in certain content. 

Oct 27, 2022, 04:5610/27/22
09/09/21

First I have to shout out to dhtorne04 and kramaswamy.kr for being of great support throughout the forums. Thanks for all your insights. There are severals others out there too who have helped, but in this discussion, you two have been a constant.

Regarding the space limitations, I am working on getting more silver and gems so I can buy more space, so that is an obvious option.

As for seeing my full roster of characters, honestly I am a bit scared to show them as I have done that before on another account and was ripped a part by others about how I built them up. Not saying that will happen again, but I'm a bit gun shy now. These forums can sometimes be brutal. I don't mind criticism but down right rudeness is not acceptable to anyone.

Alright, enough said here. I will continue my management of characters accordingly. Once again, I am greatly appreciative for everyone's input. Peace!

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 27, 2022, 06:2010/27/22
12/30/20
Charlie

First I have to shout out to dhtorne04 and kramaswamy.kr for being of great support throughout the forums. Thanks for all your insights. There are severals others out there too who have helped, but in this discussion, you two have been a constant.

Regarding the space limitations, I am working on getting more silver and gems so I can buy more space, so that is an obvious option.

As for seeing my full roster of characters, honestly I am a bit scared to show them as I have done that before on another account and was ripped a part by others about how I built them up. Not saying that will happen again, but I'm a bit gun shy now. These forums can sometimes be brutal. I don't mind criticism but down right rudeness is not acceptable to anyone.

Alright, enough said here. I will continue my management of characters accordingly. Once again, I am greatly appreciative for everyone's input. Peace!

Fair enough. I think you'll find most people here to be quite nice, but I completely understand not wanting to share your roster all things considered.

If you ever change your mind, you know where to find us. :)