All Categories

Prices went 20% up

Prices went 20% up

Search
Oct 24, 2022, 07:2210/24/22
04/23/20

Prices went 20% up

I don't know whether this has already been addressed. Either way, I feel I have to bring this up.
I have noticed a significant increase in pricing when a pack is payable in €. And this increase is precisely 20%.
e.g. a mini-mix pack use to cost 9.99 USD and 9.99 EUR. Anyone who can check now will see that it is still 9.99 USD but it's gone 11.99EUR.
Not trying to compare and/or complain about "unfairness" and such; I know all about the differences in International pricing. It is, what it is.
All I am saying is that 20% is outrageous, unjustified and probably counterintuitive businesswise.
Currency rates have changed in favour of USD which means that Europeans pay more and I get it if the company wants to keep realising the same level of profit. That might justify a 5%-7.5% increase.
Furthermore, with the situation created by the energy crisis and the coming of winter, I strongly doubt the estimation predicting that Europeans are willing to pay more to get stuff that is way far from the top of the purchase priority list.
Personal stance: It is totally understandable that the company is driven by profit-making strategies as any company should be, although it goes without saying that Plarium is at the far edge of the creed spectrum.
Despite the fact that this increase would not make much of a difference to my budget allocation, meaning I would still spend the decided amount monthly but I would get less stuff, the idea that I am being so provocatively exploited, deprives me of the fun and the joy I seek to gain from gaming.
It feels so wrong that it ends up feeling not worthy.
And of course, I will have to do something about it. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 24, 2022, 08:1110/24/22
09/14/20

It has been addressed multiple times....

Oct 24, 2022, 14:3010/24/22
04/19/20

plarium have  huge amount of money  over now 300 mil or even more

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 14:3510/24/22
02/24/19

Let me go get my post from the other, linked thread:

This is specifically due to Apple increasing all prices in their stores by 20%. Plarium didn't actually do anything to cause this price increase, and it is affecting all EU currency countries and several others.
To keep their pricing the same as before, Plarium would have needed to reduce their pricing to make up for Apple's increase. Maybe that is something people would expect, I don't know, but lowering your prices cause a middle man increases their pricing seems a lot to ask. 
Oct 24, 2022, 17:4410/24/22
Oct 24, 2022, 17:45(edited)
09/14/20
harleQuinn

Let me go get my post from the other, linked thread:

This is specifically due to Apple increasing all prices in their stores by 20%. Plarium didn't actually do anything to cause this price increase, and it is affecting all EU currency countries and several others.
To keep their pricing the same as before, Plarium would have needed to reduce their pricing to make up for Apple's increase. Maybe that is something people would expect, I don't know, but lowering your prices cause a middle man increases their pricing seems a lot to ask. 

I was exclusively buying by using Plarium Play and the ingame purchases, as I am a PC player only. Did the purchases go through Apple? Never noticed that...

Not saying that hey did not go through it...just mentioning that I did not pay attention to it

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 17:5910/24/22
02/24/19
Matrim

I was exclusively buying by using Plarium Play and the ingame purchases, as I am a PC player only. Did the purchases go through Apple? Never noticed that...

Not saying that hey did not go through it...just mentioning that I did not pay attention to it

Basically there's some rules somewhere that the prices have to remain the same in those countries regardless of platform.

I don't claim to understand the laws/regulations, but basically Apple raised the prices, and so it affects all prices in the places Apple raised the prices. Unfortunate for EU and the other places they did it. :(

Oct 24, 2022, 18:0310/24/22
06/25/20

Wouldn't be surprised if it were just purely capitalistic. Why leave money on the table, eh?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 18:0910/24/22
Oct 24, 2022, 18:11(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Wouldn't be surprised if it were just purely capitalistic. Why leave money on the table, eh?

Sure. Or that you're playing a game that's based on odds, and such things are fairly regulated.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 24, 2022, 18:1710/24/22
Oct 24, 2022, 18:17(edited)
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

Legalities aside, and those are rather important when pontificating away about what we might think the reasoning behind these moves might be:

What do you think the response from players would be if certain platforms or regions were drastically cheaper? Do you think it would be a positive one?

Oct 24, 2022, 18:2710/24/22
06/25/20

To be clear, I'm not being critical. This is largely the reason why Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc all have products on their services priced the same. If a vendor listed a game for $50 on Steam, due to Steam's pricing policies, why wouldn't they list it for the same amount on every other service they sell it on, regardless of pricing policies the others employ?