All Categories

You're killing me with Lanakis the "Randomly Selected".

Search
Oct 24, 2022, 04:4910/24/22
02/11/21

Dear Plarium:

Can you just give Lanakis the Extra Turn? Or take the 50% chance away and replace it with something else? In some instances, Extra Turn is a cool bonus; with Lanakis, that's a matter of life and death. She has 2 very good skills, but 50% chance whether you can use them in succession. That ain't chosen.....that's "randomly selected".

Genbo, Seeker, Big Deac.....all get an extra turn, and they are epics. I think it's about time you buffed ole girl and gave her that Extra Turn.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Oct 24, 2022, 08:3610/24/22
12/30/20

Counterpoint: Lanakis is a plenty strong champion (her A2 is more than "very good") that enables the highest upside Clan Boss comp in existence due to that A2 having the unique combo of ally attack, turn meter boost and buff extension. I'm not a blender fan, but she can work there too.

I don't think she needs any adjustments to be good or relevant. Not to mention there's quite a few legendaries that need love before her, such as Pyxniel. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 13:4710/24/22
02/24/19

LOL @ the title :D :D

Oct 24, 2022, 14:0510/24/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

Counterpoint: Lanakis is a plenty strong champion (her A2 is more than "very good") that enables the highest upside Clan Boss comp in existence due to that A2 having the unique combo of ally attack, turn meter boost and buff extension. I'm not a blender fan, but she can work there too.

I don't think she needs any adjustments to be good or relevant. Not to mention there's quite a few legendaries that need love before her, such as Pyxniel. 

I agree, she is awesome. But it's her A3 I have a problem with. 

It's always there, just begging you to roll the dice: If you win, you get one of the best move synergies in the game. If you lose, you get Hoforees the Tusked A2.  

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 16:0910/24/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

I agree, she is awesome. But it's her A3 I have a problem with. 

It's always there, just begging you to roll the dice: If you win, you get one of the best move synergies in the game. If you lose, you get Hoforees the Tusked A2.  

It definitely can feel like a "win more"

If she DID always take an extra turn, and she's already awesome, does she become the best Ally Attack champ in the game? 

Oct 24, 2022, 16:2710/24/22
02/11/21

I'm not familiar with too many, but I can say there is a part where she has limited number of allies -3. In 5-6 champ teams, that can make a difference. 

Fahrakin the Fat increases Crit Rate and Crit Damage, then attacks with ALL champs....in the same move. If I had the Fat Man, I'd probably pick him over Lanakis. She has turn meter, buff extend, and Increase ATK over him; he has Increase C.Damage and all allies attack over her. That's not to mention HP Burn, Poisons, and Decrease Defense and the easier booking the Fat Man brings to the table. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 16:3310/24/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

I'm not familiar with too many, but I can say there is a part where she has limited number of allies -3. In 5-6 champ teams, that can make a difference. 

Fahrakin the Fat increases Crit Rate and Crit Damage, then attacks with ALL champs....in the same move. If I had the Fat Man, I'd probably pick him over Lanakis. She has turn meter, buff extend, and Increase ATK over him; he has Increase C.Damage and all allies attack over her. That's not to mention HP Burn, Poisons, and Decrease Defense and the easier booking the Fat Man brings to the table. 

Fatman and Cardiel are definitely the best Ally Attacks in the game. Hard to beat the suites of abilities both of those champs bring to the table.

After that I'd put Kreela, Longbeard and Lanakis in the next tier. Lanakis prolly below the other two.

So yeah, she's good, but I can see the argument she could be more reliable. :)

Oct 24, 2022, 16:4010/24/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Fatman and Cardiel are definitely the best Ally Attacks in the game. Hard to beat the suites of abilities both of those champs bring to the table.

After that I'd put Kreela, Longbeard and Lanakis in the next tier. Lanakis prolly below the other two.

All overrated, except cardiel... hate that effer in tag... 😆 

Oct 24, 2022, 17:4210/24/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Yep, that's my view. Granted, there are champs in more need of a buff (Nobel, Tolf, Pyx etc.) but doesn't change the fact that Lanakis as a leggo is behind Fahrakin lol 

And it's not really that she's worse.....it's that she's inconsistent. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 18:2410/24/22
02/24/19
Trips

All overrated, except cardiel... hate that effer in tag... 😆 

Maybe to you buddy, but for most people Fatman is a HUGE pull, a FAT pull. lol

Also, why you struggling with Cardiel? I love to see Cardiel teams in Tag. :P

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 24, 2022, 18:2710/24/22
12/30/20
Balltazer

Yep, that's my view. Granted, there are champs in more need of a buff (Nobel, Tolf, Pyx etc.) but doesn't change the fact that Lanakis as a leggo is behind Fahrakin lol 

I don't think this is such a bad thing from a design standpoint. Seems fine to have a best in slot - or close - champion that a lower rarity from time to time. And in the case of Lanakis she does have that very specific upside to her. Though in that case we just turn off the A3. 😂

That said, Cardiel is the GOAT.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 18:2910/24/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

Errol. Narma. Those two need buffs so bad. Errol is outDPSd by Athel in the same gear, and I've tested. What a trash early leggo for me. lol

Totally see your point about inconsistency. Sadly, I think pushing for a Lanakis buff is tough given that she's a big part of the highest damage dealing CB team ever.

Oct 24, 2022, 18:4910/24/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Maybe to you buddy, but for most people Fatman is a HUGE pull, a FAT pull. lol

Also, why you struggling with Cardiel? I love to see Cardiel teams in Tag. :P

I only love seeing cardiel blender comps, not cardiel in whale resist/defensive comps... and I have seen maybe 1 blender defense in last few months.  The easy wins went extinct long ago

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 19:2310/24/22
02/24/19
Trips

I only love seeing cardiel blender comps, not cardiel in whale resist/defensive comps... and I have seen maybe 1 blender defense in last few months.  The easy wins went extinct long ago

Whale resist defensive comps. We LOVE to see those, or I do. :)

And no wins are easy, come on now. This is Gold tag we're talking about. lol