All Categories

UNM CB 1-key auto from early

Search
Oct 18, 2022, 14:0610/18/22
06/25/20

Hey all,

Got a 1-key team running already, but it takes ~9 turns to set up. Pulled Jintoro this morning, so I'm thinking of retooling, and I'm wondering which of the following is most likely to work (or if there's a different one I should run):

• Lydia + Aniri + Brogni + Martyr + Jintoro, running 2:1 (might have problem on red?)
  • One of the Helicath builds (Super Charged Hellcat?) 
  • Some sort of Seeker build?
  • Something else?

The goal is to get a team that can 1-key auto with as little setup time as possible. NM and etc are not a problem, I have other teams that can run those on full auto from turn 1. Assume I have every rare/epic champ (except Demytha), and many legos, though not all (specifically, no Krisk, Cardiel, or Salad).

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 14:1510/18/22
Oct 18, 2022, 14:17(edited)
02/24/19

Hey hey, there's likely several teams. But.... assuming you have every champ doesn't tell me who you have TWO of.

Do you have a Rosh to go with Helicath? This comp is full auto and hits so hard it doesn't care AT ALL about affinity.

i

I'd go with a Seeker shell, Bateater style comp over Super Charged Hellcat personally. Or even just a Bateater comp or a SaladBatEater, those are fun. If you want some other recommendations, share that roster. :)

Oct 18, 2022, 14:1810/18/22
Oct 18, 2022, 14:19(edited)
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Hey hey, there's likely several teams. But.... assuming you have every champ doesn't tell me who you have TWO of.

Do you have a Rosh to go with Helicath? This comp is full auto and hits so hard it doesn't care AT ALL about affinity.

i

I'd go with a Seeker shell, Bateater style comp over Super Charged Hellcat personally. Or even just a Bateater comp or a SaladBatEater, those are fun. If you want some other recommendations, share that roster. :)

Yeah, I actually do have exactly those two - Tower and Helicath. And, it turns out, a second Helicath. Tower's unbooked though, so I'd love to do this without him.

As for the full roster, these plus Opardin, Guurda, Taya, Maranix, Shazar, and Jintoro (the latter two being my extra from today's event):

i

i

i

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 14:2510/18/22
Oct 18, 2022, 14:26(edited)
02/24/19

Okay, so what I don't like about Super Charged Hellcat is the need to use the slow tune to work for both NM and UNM. Which means no Unkillable until turn 5.

I also don't see it as a very solid one key for sure team. That takes very solid gear, and the cheat code Geomancer just isn't as good in Block Damage teams as he is in every other kind of team.

You only need to book Tower's A3 twice and you're done.... and I feel like he's a 9-10 book max even if everything books wrong. Still too much?

Oct 18, 2022, 14:2810/18/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Okay, so what I don't like about Super Charged Hellcat is the need to use the slow tune to work for both NM and UNM. Which means no Unkillable until turn 5.

I also don't see it as a very solid one key for sure team. That takes very solid gear, and the cheat code Geomancer just isn't as good in Block Damage teams as he is in every other kind of team.

You only need to book Tower's A3 twice and you're done.... and I feel like he's a 9-10 book max even if everything books wrong. Still too much?

Not too much, no. Just, if there were an alternative, I'd favour it, is all. As mentioned earlier though, I don't care about NM and below. I have another team that can run those np. This team just needs to work for UNM.

Does the fast-tuned Super-Charged Hellcat work more reliably?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 14:3210/18/22
Oct 18, 2022, 14:33(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Not too much, no. Just, if there were an alternative, I'd favour it, is all. As mentioned earlier though, I don't care about NM and below. I have another team that can run those np. This team just needs to work for UNM.

Does the fast-tuned Super-Charged Hellcat work more reliably?

It does work more reliably, yeah, since it gets into Unkillable turn 1, meaning you can go super Glass Cannon with your DPS. I still would think it would be pushing to get a 1 key with that team. But if you really wanna go that way, let me look at that roster for a sec more. Jintoro is just at his best in 2:1+ teams where he can take advantage of turning those Oni's Rages around for the 1.5million damage smacks.

It looks like you have two Maneaters built though..... why not the classic Bateater?

Oct 18, 2022, 14:3710/18/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

It does work more reliably, yeah, since it gets into Unkillable turn 1, meaning you can go super Glass Cannon with your DPS. I still would think it would be pushing to get a 1 key with that team. But if you really wanna go that way, let me look at that roster for a sec more. Jintoro is just at his best in 2:1+ teams where he can take advantage of turning those Oni's Rages around for the 1.5million damage smacks.

It looks like you have two Maneaters built though..... why not the classic Bateater?

Anything's an option. I had ran easy double maneater a while back with Martyr, Brakus, and Narma, and wasn't quite able to hit 1-key with it. But, it's also a long setup that I'd like to avoid.

Bateater I could definitely build, if it gives an easily autoable 1-key.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 14:4010/18/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Anything's an option. I had ran easy double maneater a while back with Martyr, Brakus, and Narma, and wasn't quite able to hit 1-key with it. But, it's also a long setup that I'd like to avoid.

Bateater I could definitely build, if it gives an easily autoable 1-key.

Bateater is full auto and fairly easy to get to a one key with good gear. I've done takeovers where we've one keyed with Anax or Fayne as the DPS, in Relentless. With blessings it should be cake. (I find Anax to be better since he can get those extra exta turns) :)

Ofc, you can ENSURE a one key with the team above, using your double Helicopters (no Rosh = more smacks).

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 14:4110/18/22
02/24/19

If you're in the mood to use Jintoro, he smacks soooo hard in Bateater. You can bring Fayne in for Red. :)

Oct 18, 2022, 14:4510/18/22
06/25/20

So, this setup? https://deadwoodjedi.com/speed-tunes/bateater/

And, do you think Jintoro can run on red as well? Would like to avoid needing to use subs if possible. I would favour this over the original suggestion purely because it's one less person to book.

Also, I could just build Fayne and Anax, if that works easily as well? That'd mean no need to book any lego champs at all, lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 19, 2022, 00:0810/19/22
Oct 19, 2022, 00:08(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

So, this setup? https://deadwoodjedi.com/speed-tunes/bateater/

And, do you think Jintoro can run on red as well? Would like to avoid needing to use subs if possible. I would favour this over the original suggestion purely because it's one less person to book.

Also, I could just build Fayne and Anax, if that works easily as well? That'd mean no need to book any lego champs at all, lol.

Yep, that setup. I am specifically a fan of the Anax variant. With his Passive plus relentless he can get all the extra turns. Still, he's weak on Blue, so that could be an issue. But tbh, with Phantom Touch on him and Painkeeper and a Cruel Maneater, you might be able to overcome even Blue affinity with no swaps.

i

I think realistically Draco is about it for champs who can handle all affinities, no swaps, in these Bateater comps. And that's because he can't weak hit for 10 turns in a row trying to land Dec Def and Weaken. He just places those and you're good.

Jintoro is a BOSS though. On my Green team he hits for 40million, over 30 million on Blue and Void, and in the twenties for Red. And on Red I've got Fatman and Helicopter to land my Dec Def and Weaken for when Jintoro is trying to weak hit away the run. So part of why I recommend my own setup is having those debuffs in both Blue and Green, so you can't get played, :)

Oct 19, 2022, 14:1010/19/22
06/25/20

Yeah after speaking with some others in my clan I think that's the approach I'll go with. Does your comp follow the same Bateater tune?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 19, 2022, 14:3010/19/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah after speaking with some others in my clan I think that's the approach I'll go with. Does your comp follow the same Bateater tune?

Mine does not. It's close though. Would you like that tune or any info from my builds?

Oct 19, 2022, 14:3110/19/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Mine does not. It's close though. Would you like that tune or any info from my builds?

Absolutely :) More info is always appreciated~

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 19, 2022, 22:5610/19/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Absolutely :) More info is always appreciated~

Here's the comp I'm running: https://deadwoodjedi.com/speed-tunes/batman-forever/

You would think "EWWWW.... SWAPS!" but my Doompriest version does like 110+ million and up.

i

This is just Doomy in a Poison Set where Fatman usually is. I think you could run this comp on any affinity and it would 1 key. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 19, 2022, 23:0110/19/22
02/24/19

In that tune I use Rosh as the fast block damage champ, the 266+ one, that lets me build Helicopter a touch smackier at his 245 speed.

Jintoro and Fatman are both in Relentless in my main team, and there's a decent amount of the Counterattack accessories on the team as a whole. Phantom Touch on both Seeker and Jintoro flat smacks :)

Oct 19, 2022, 23:0710/19/22
06/25/20

So just to be clear, the doompriest version works on all colours?

Oct 19, 2022, 23:1210/19/22
06/25/20

Also - do I need to use the two Helicaths? Since that comp seems to indicate Warcaster works?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 19, 2022, 23:2210/19/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Also - do I need to use the two Helicaths? Since that comp seems to indicate Warcaster works?

Do you NEED to? No.

Does every champ you make cuts on reduce your damage? Yes.

Warcaster will work, but Helicopter just SMACKS. I use Rosh and Helicath personally try and further spread out my colors to avoid totally whiffing on an affinity.

If you don't want to build leggos, your best option might just be the standard Bateater comp with Anax in Relentless, with Phantom Touch.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 19, 2022, 23:2210/19/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

So just to be clear, the doompriest version works on all colours?

The Doompriest version 1 keys all colors, yes.

Oct 19, 2022, 23:5410/19/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Do you NEED to? No.

Does every champ you make cuts on reduce your damage? Yes.

Warcaster will work, but Helicopter just SMACKS. I use Rosh and Helicath personally try and further spread out my colors to avoid totally whiffing on an affinity.

If you don't want to build leggos, your best option might just be the standard Bateater comp with Anax in Relentless, with Phantom Touch.

Well - I'm more thinking that you have a huge amount of overflow on damage. Will swapping one of the Helicaths for Warcaster really cost me 41M damage?