All Categories

Does a Shield Negate Reflect Damage?

Search
Jul 4, 2019, 18:1107/04/19
05/16/19

Seems like whenever Deathless has reflect damage on her, but also has a shield, the enemy that hits her takes 0 damage until the shield is gone.  Is this right, or is there some other mechanic I am missing here?
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 2, 2019, 19:0310/02/19
03/20/19
Shield does negate reflected damage. A serious oversight IMO. Reflect damage works entirely wrong, it should reflect damage based on pre damage mitigation, and should reduce damage by the amount reflected. 
Oct 3, 2019, 01:5710/03/19
05/16/19
HyenaHammer said:

Shield does negate reflected damage. A serious oversight IMO. Reflect damage works entirely wrong, it should reflect damage based on pre damage mitigation, and should reduce damage by the amount reflected. 
Since I made this post months ago, not only have I found that they completely prevent reflect damage, but they also prevent lifesteal as well.  I don't agree with either, but doesn't seem like anything Plarium would ever change.
Oct 3, 2019, 17:2310/03/19
05/13/19

AscendantGod said:

HyenaHammer said:

Since I made this post months ago, not only have I found that they completely prevent reflect damage, but they also prevent lifesteal as well.  I don't agree with either, but doesn't seem like anything Plarium would ever change.

Reflect & Lifesteal Damage are working perfectly.

The loss of a person Shields isn’t considered Damage.

The loss of a person Health is considered Damage.

Aug 31, 2020, 10:2508/31/20
04/07/20

I think this should be changed. A minor improvement to a 2/10 buff isnt gonna make it the next block debuffs. But having you character equip with an artifact set that negates your own buff is so counter productive, especially since these are some of the most sought after gear sets.

Oct 5, 2022, 16:2510/05/22
05/04/22
Player J

AscendantGod said:

HyenaHammer said:

Reflect & Lifesteal Damage are working perfectly.

The loss of a person Shields isn’t considered Damage.

The loss of a person Health is considered Damage.

Lifesteal should actually count for the amount of *life* you are taking out of the opponent, this means you cannot take life from a shield. 

Nonetheless Shields do receive Damage, so reflect damage should work pre-mitigation and on shields

The only excuse for this to not work as one would expect is that it would leave the meta on an abundance of shields and reflection and punish strong damage dealers (specially on AOE). BUT i still think reflect damage SHOULD work before mitigation through defence occurs, this is no lifesteal, you do damage to reflection you deal with it (on said %). 

PD: Whats more fun than watching your opponent kill himself with its own ability?