All Categories

Just popped a bunch of shards, need help building a Clan Boss team.

Search
Oct 14, 2022, 11:4310/14/22
06/16/22

Some of the good ones I pulled during the x2 were:

* Sepulcher Sentinel

* Aox the Rememberer

* Deacon Armstrong 

* Doompriest 

* Stag Knight

* Vogoth

* Frozen Banshee 

Someone I pulled recently that I was considering for Clan Boss: 

* Kunoichi

i Really need help in priorities how my Clan Boss team should look and who I should be bringing. Roster below. 

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 14, 2022, 12:5210/14/22
03/05/19

From that list i would suggest for CB:

✅ Sepulcher Sentinel

✅ Aox the Rememberer 

✅ Deacon Armstrong 

✅ Frozen Banshee  

✅ Kunoichi

---

> Doompriest , Stag Knight, Vogoth are better like in Arena or Vogoth in DT good for Scarab...

Oct 14, 2022, 13:1510/14/22
06/16/22
𝐭𝐡.𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊™

From that list i would suggest for CB:

✅ Sepulcher Sentinel

✅ Aox the Rememberer 

✅ Deacon Armstrong 

✅ Frozen Banshee  

✅ Kunoichi

---

> Doompriest , Stag Knight, Vogoth are better like in Arena or Vogoth in DT good for Scarab...

Thanks for your input. I'm currently using Walking Tomb Dreng a lot in my runs for his HP burn. Would you consider either him or Royal Guard as a dps slot for clan boss? 

I feel like in general I have a lot of support oriented champs and not a lot of damage dealers

Oct 14, 2022, 13:5410/14/22
07/08/19
kmanmott

Thanks for your input. I'm currently using Walking Tomb Dreng a lot in my runs for his HP burn. Would you consider either him or Royal Guard as a dps slot for clan boss? 

I feel like in general I have a lot of support oriented champs and not a lot of damage dealers

royal guard is terrible for clan boss. he doesn't bring anything of value to the team besides raw damage (and a decrease defense on his a1, but you've got plenty of other options for that) and building him for clan boss means making him worse in the rest of the game.

dreng would be a much better choice. he's still not the best option for cb so he's unlikely to be a forever member of your team, but he should work well enough for the moment. i'd also say hotatsu is worth considering. he brings a nice bit of support from his a3 and leech debuff while also being able to put out a fair bit of damage.

who are you running in cb at the moment?

Oct 14, 2022, 14:0410/14/22
06/16/22
Carpe_Piscis

royal guard is terrible for clan boss. he doesn't bring anything of value to the team besides raw damage (and a decrease defense on his a1, but you've got plenty of other options for that) and building him for clan boss means making him worse in the rest of the game.

dreng would be a much better choice. he's still not the best option for cb so he's unlikely to be a forever member of your team, but he should work well enough for the moment. i'd also say hotatsu is worth considering. he brings a nice bit of support from his a3 and leech debuff while also being able to put out a fair bit of damage.

who are you running in cb at the moment?

I currently run Walking Tomb, Kael, Uugo, Deliana and switching between Royal Guard, UDK. all These champs are full mastery atm, and Deliana has Brimstone. This is also on Brutal.

i

i

Oct 14, 2022, 14:2710/14/22
07/13/22

Sounds like someone got some good pulls anyway. Can only hope mine go that well. 

Oct 14, 2022, 17:1910/14/22
03/05/19

@kmanmott 

I'm not familiar with Walking Tomb Dreng i dont have experince with him... 

but as they say replace Royal Guard... u can use Royal in DT hes very good there...

If u r looking champs with HP Burn like that Walking Tomb its best using Geomancer, Ninja or Fahrin...

Also u cam use chemps with poisen like Banshee, Venom, Dark Kael... they also make huge dmg...

And squad must be equiped with lifesteal set...

Oct 14, 2022, 18:1110/14/22
12/19/19

N00B, bump your old thread instead of making a new one ...

😆 

But seriously, it will make it easier for the CB experts to assist you. 

Pretty much ignore 90% of advice u get from the rif raf here 😉 wait for the mighty Q 

Oct 14, 2022, 18:2010/14/22
06/16/22
Trips

😆 

Pretty much ignore 90% of advice u get from the rif raf here 😉 wait for the mighty Q 

Lmao! Wait what old thread 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 15, 2022, 20:3910/15/22
02/24/19
Trips

😆 

Hahahahahaha <3

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 16, 2022, 07:4010/16/22
02/24/19

Thanks for the ping. Looking at your roster, you've picked up some solid Clan Boss champs lately it seems @kmanmott 

However, we're still missing a few things we would want to see for our permanent CB team. No super strong Ally Protectors, no Skullcrusher, no Valk/Martyr, no Maneater to pair with that Painkeeper, no Demytha or another Block Damage champ.

This means eventually we will be redoing anything we build today, so the best thing we can do is build a solid team that also will share champs in common with potential future teams.

So lets break down some choices. Where we need to start with building killable teams is always Decrease Attack. We need to keep that debuff up on CB 100%. Killable teams fail when Dec Atk fails. The second thing we need up 100% of the time is Inc Def, to further mitigate the incoming damage from CB. The third thing we need to deal with is debuffs, so we need a way to either cleanse debuffs or prevent the team from getting them at all.

And where we start, knowing these initial needs, is with Hotatsu and Sepulcher Sentinel.

In the lead slot Hotatsu increases defense by 25%, and his passive means that he can clear the stun all on his own. He also brings an Inc Def, a Continuous Heal, a Decrease Attack, and a Leech. Inc Def and Dec Atk are two of the main buffs/debuffs we need, Leech enables us to avoid using Lifesteal gear on everyone. Continuous Heal is just a nice bonus. Additionally, he can hit quite hard, and his damage does scale with his defensive ability versus CB. He'd be the first champ I'd build, and with all the different things he does, is most likely to remain on your teams for some time.

I like Sepulcher Sentinel for you as well. She can Block Debuffs from CB, and I know your clan kills CB so you'll be facing affinity bosses, so this matters. Additionally, blocking the affinity debuffs (dec atk, dec acc and dec speed) is important to allow Hotatsu's passive to refresh, allowing him to ignore the stuns. These additional non-stunned turns for Hotatsu will add up over time. Sepulcher ALSO is bringing those lovely Dec Atk and Inc Def buffs, and with both Hotatsu and Sentinel, you should be looking at 100% uptime for both.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 16, 2022, 07:4610/16/22
02/24/19

With our two main defensive champs selected, we can begin to look for traditional, or even non traditional DPS champs to really hammer home some damage. Unfortunately, like our sustainers, we are missing quite a bit here too. No Ninja or Geomancer for that optimum HP burn. No solid poison champs, like Anax or Draco or Fayne or Rowan or Aothar. No straight damage dealers even. Really none of the champs we would want to focus on slotting into CB forever.

Someone above recommended Frozen Banshee, but since she's not even on your roster, I don't suspect you'll build her. Furthermore, she really shines in CA teams above all others, so if you're waiting to pull a poison champ, I wouldn't build one the second you pull her anyways.... not unless we have found a Skullcrusher or Martyr, or a potential Ally Attacker. That is when she really gets going.

Some of the other recommendations are ALSO champs you don't have. If someone is recommending you use champs you don't have, run away from the advice quick. :D :D

Deliana is doing alright for herself, it looks like. The Brimstone blessing I am assuming is doing a lot of the heavy lifting there. Until you find someone better, or can slap Brimstone on Dreng, I'd consider leaving her in.

Additionally, Dreng and his HP burn and activations is a solid choice as well. He can also swoop in and HP balance your attack based DPS champs into a few more turns.

It also looks to me that Kael is doing a fine job, at least when you have Ultimate DK in there to eat stuns and help mitigate damage, as well as occasionally apply Dec Atk. Fortunately, when you have Hotatsu built applying Dec Attack and Inc Def in a reliable way, Kael will have a much easier time staying up. So we leave him in, and don't build an Aox right now at least. 

Kind of in summary, I like starting by building Hotatsu. He will bring a ton of what you need to the party. Even if you don't need some of those later, based on the team, he brings enough you will likely need something he offers. At the least, he hits quite hard even if way way in the future he's just around for damage. 

My current goal teams, for now, would look like:

• Hotatsu (lead)
  • Sepulcher (4:3 debuff blocker and backup Hotatsu stuff)
  • Dreng
  • Kael
  • Uugo

And then I would test out Deliana in Uugo's slot to see if Brimstone outweighs Dec Def, for now. 

I would keep an eye out for Toragi and Skullcrusher, two epics that would change our goals immediately. OFC, leggos that do similar things (Ursuga, Martyr, Valk) would also be amazing. A single Maneater would also change what we're doing.

One change if we're still working with the same exact roster when we get Hotatsu done, is we could at least consider building Siegehulk. He could be our damage dealing Dec Def guy. The dude does very good damage for a Dec Def champ.

Oct 16, 2022, 13:5810/16/22
Oct 16, 2022, 14:00(edited)
06/16/22
harleQuinn

With our two main defensive champs selected, we can begin to look for traditional, or even non traditional DPS champs to really hammer home some damage. Unfortunately, like our sustainers, we are missing quite a bit here too. No Ninja or Geomancer for that optimum HP burn. No solid poison champs, like Anax or Draco or Fayne or Rowan or Aothar. No straight damage dealers even. Really none of the champs we would want to focus on slotting into CB forever.

Someone above recommended Frozen Banshee, but since she's not even on your roster, I don't suspect you'll build her. Furthermore, she really shines in CA teams above all others, so if you're waiting to pull a poison champ, I wouldn't build one the second you pull her anyways.... not unless we have found a Skullcrusher or Martyr, or a potential Ally Attacker. That is when she really gets going.

Some of the other recommendations are ALSO champs you don't have. If someone is recommending you use champs you don't have, run away from the advice quick. :D :D

Deliana is doing alright for herself, it looks like. The Brimstone blessing I am assuming is doing a lot of the heavy lifting there. Until you find someone better, or can slap Brimstone on Dreng, I'd consider leaving her in.

Additionally, Dreng and his HP burn and activations is a solid choice as well. He can also swoop in and HP balance your attack based DPS champs into a few more turns.

It also looks to me that Kael is doing a fine job, at least when you have Ultimate DK in there to eat stuns and help mitigate damage, as well as occasionally apply Dec Atk. Fortunately, when you have Hotatsu built applying Dec Attack and Inc Def in a reliable way, Kael will have a much easier time staying up. So we leave him in, and don't build an Aox right now at least. 

Kind of in summary, I like starting by building Hotatsu. He will bring a ton of what you need to the party. Even if you don't need some of those later, based on the team, he brings enough you will likely need something he offers. At the least, he hits quite hard even if way way in the future he's just around for damage. 

My current goal teams, for now, would look like:

• Hotatsu (lead)
  • Sepulcher (4:3 debuff blocker and backup Hotatsu stuff)
  • Dreng
  • Kael
  • Uugo

And then I would test out Deliana in Uugo's slot to see if Brimstone outweighs Dec Def, for now. 

I would keep an eye out for Toragi and Skullcrusher, two epics that would change our goals immediately. OFC, leggos that do similar things (Ursuga, Martyr, Valk) would also be amazing. A single Maneater would also change what we're doing.

One change if we're still working with the same exact roster when we get Hotatsu done, is we could at least consider building Siegehulk. He could be our damage dealing Dec Def guy. The dude does very good damage for a Dec Def champ.

Thanks a lot for the feedback harleQuinn, I really appreciate it. The mention about the Frozen Banshee - I did actually pull her during these ancient pulls, I likely forgot to include the rare roster here as most of them are just chickens, DT reqs or FW. 

One more consideration - I know you had mentioned ally protect - I do have Kunoichi as a fairly recent addition. Any thoughts if she fits into the lineup or is that too much support and not enough damage? 

I'll try to get started on Hotatsu in general, and hopefully I can see some good progress :) 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 17, 2022, 00:1910/17/22
02/24/19
kmanmott

Thanks a lot for the feedback harleQuinn, I really appreciate it. The mention about the Frozen Banshee - I did actually pull her during these ancient pulls, I likely forgot to include the rare roster here as most of them are just chickens, DT reqs or FW. 

One more consideration - I know you had mentioned ally protect - I do have Kunoichi as a fairly recent addition. Any thoughts if she fits into the lineup or is that too much support and not enough damage? 

I'll try to get started on Hotatsu in general, and hopefully I can see some good progress :) 

Kunoichi is an Ally Protector, sure. But her built in TM boost makes her terrible for CB speed tuning, and a proper speed tune is incredibly important for ally protection to actually do the job in CB.

So while kunoichi is going to perform well in FW surely, CB speed tuning is a whole other struggle.

As far as Frozen, cool new pull, but I'd wait to upgrade until we know what your future CB team "shell" is going to look like. It's much more important we get reliable and constant Dec Atk and Inc Def applied, which means Hotatsu and Sepulchre are our major upgrade targets right now.

Once you get those done, we can revisit and see where we're at with Ally Protection in general, any new DPS options, whether we want Seigehulk in for our Dec Def instead of Uugo for that sweet damage, how Kael and Dreng are performing with the proper protections. That'll tell us if it's worth the struggle to even attempt to get Kunoichi to work.

Oct 17, 2022, 03:3410/17/22
06/16/22
harleQuinn

Kunoichi is an Ally Protector, sure. But her built in TM boost makes her terrible for CB speed tuning, and a proper speed tune is incredibly important for ally protection to actually do the job in CB.

So while kunoichi is going to perform well in FW surely, CB speed tuning is a whole other struggle.

As far as Frozen, cool new pull, but I'd wait to upgrade until we know what your future CB team "shell" is going to look like. It's much more important we get reliable and constant Dec Atk and Inc Def applied, which means Hotatsu and Sepulchre are our major upgrade targets right now.

Once you get those done, we can revisit and see where we're at with Ally Protection in general, any new DPS options, whether we want Seigehulk in for our Dec Def instead of Uugo for that sweet damage, how Kael and Dreng are performing with the proper protections. That'll tell us if it's worth the struggle to even attempt to get Kunoichi to work.

Thanks for the detailed thought! One last thing...I'm on the Arbiter mission to ascend a Spirit to 6, and I've already ascended Dreng and Armiger, so I need someone to 6 star / ascend. I'm considering Vogoth who could possibly work in CB as well (giant slayer on A1?) or if I absolutely shouldn't use him, I could do Deacon or Stag Knight for Arena builds. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 17, 2022, 03:5210/17/22
02/24/19
kmanmott

Thanks for the detailed thought! One last thing...I'm on the Arbiter mission to ascend a Spirit to 6, and I've already ascended Dreng and Armiger, so I need someone to 6 star / ascend. I'm considering Vogoth who could possibly work in CB as well (giant slayer on A1?) or if I absolutely shouldn't use him, I could do Deacon or Stag Knight for Arena builds. 

Vogoth is a fine champ. He's more of an arena champ these days though, seeing play in some solid teams in the current meta.

Personally I'd 6 Deacon first. He's used in a number of CB teams you could build in the future, and he's an excellent combo Dec Def/Speed Booster/TM Decreaser. Such a solid champ in all areas of the game. His aura and boost could help us reach stat requirements in any team we might end up making as your "long term team."

If you weren't 6ing Hotatsu I'd might recommend Stag Knight for his debuffs, but too much overlap with stuff you already have built or have on the list.

To be honest, you'll be 60ing all three of these champs at some point. So while I'd push for Deacon so that you're progressing in Arena and more ready to implement a number of CB tunes, starting with Deacon or Vogoth you can't really screw up too bad either way.

Oct 17, 2022, 12:4610/17/22
12/19/19

Vogoth  >  Deacon  :)

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 17, 2022, 12:5610/17/22
Oct 17, 2022, 13:04(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

Vogoth  >  Deacon  :)

Sometimes you can be very wrong. :P

If we're looking at making progress towards a well-tuned speed-tuned team, Deacon is one of the champs you desperately want as he can be used in almost any shell and really turns down the gear setpoints. He is also flat just necessary in many comps.

Although we're 60ing both pretty quick, imo. So it's not really a huge deal or very wrong situation at all.

Oct 17, 2022, 14:1410/17/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Sometimes you can be very wrong. :P

If we're looking at making progress towards a well-tuned speed-tuned team, Deacon is one of the champs you desperately want as he can be used in almost any shell and really turns down the gear setpoints. He is also flat just necessary in many comps.

Although we're 60ing both pretty quick, imo. So it's not really a huge deal or very wrong situation at all.

Problem is OP needs a non unkillable comp for who knows how long...

I agree both will be 6star fast, especially since OP is an expert chicken farmer 😆 

Other plus is vogoth doesn't need books, OP will be struggling with epic books for a while...

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 17, 2022, 17:2510/17/22
02/24/19

I think we go one champ upgrade only at a time for as long as possible.

I personally see Vogoth as, at best, a stopgap in CB.

I think better to build the champ that decreases speed requirements for all the other champs, enabling us to bring in more defense, accuracy while hitting proper 4:3 or 2:1 speeds. More debuffs, more sustain. More turns, way more damage.

For long term survival, much more important than another source of healing after the hit, hoping we don't die from the hit, is that we are properly speed tuned to have our Dec Atk up while the Inc Def up, with a leech for our sustain (and you can get this leech from Hotatsu and Deacon both).

Basically Deacon speeds the whole team up, enabling us to both build better or even into 2:1, he brings a backup leech, he brings Dec Def, enabling us to 1:1 swap him for Uugo.

As far as epic books, Hotatsu has to be the focus, then whatever Ally Protection we settle on. So there's honestly an argument to build Hotatsu and just plug and swap already built around him until you've found your best temporary team to sneak into Nightmare and get yourself some books.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 17, 2022, 17:2610/17/22
02/24/19

Follow up, I'll play around with Kunoichi and see if there's some Ally Protection thing I can rubber band together.

What's realistic speeds for champs with 3.5k defense on them @kmanmott ?