All Categories

Stars and rarity

Stars and rarity

Search
May 22, 2019, 11:4705/22/19
05/24/19

Stars and rarity

Just a quick question from a brand new user who is really enjoying the game.

Is a 1 star rare artefact better from a future prospects point of view over a 3 star common or uncommon? 

Are the stars just an indication of sub stats or have I misunderstood something?
Views
Comments
Comments
May 22, 2019, 12:0005/22/19
04/11/16
More stars mean higher base and increases of main and substats per level, rarity is the amount if substats it starts off with. So an uncommon 5 star will have much higher main stat than an epic of 2-4 stars at the same level but not as diverse Substats.
May 22, 2019, 17:3005/22/19
04/25/19
Pretty much common and uncommon will be food for your rare+ champions. There are a couple of exceptions - as there are a few uncommon champions that are great at specific things but general rule of thumb - focus your energies in to your rare and better champions.
May 22, 2019, 18:3605/22/19
05/16/19
Metalshaper said:

Pretty much common and uncommon will be food for your rare+ champions. There are a couple of exceptions - as there are a few uncommon champions that are great at specific things but general rule of thumb - focus your energies in to your rare and better champions.
He was talking about artifacts, not champions.  :P
May 22, 2019, 18:4205/22/19
05/16/19

The best bet is to experiment with various artifacts.  Pay attention to which ones have what stats attached to them and what you feel will most benefit that particular champion.

For example, for your "attack" champions, things like increased attack, crit, and other offensive stats are going to be useful.  On the other hand, when it comes to HP or support champions, it might be more feasible to go with HP or defense stats.

So, in one case, a 1-star epic might be better, but in another case with another champion, a 3-star common might be better.  

Since leveling up at the lower levels is not particularly expensive, level up various artifacts and compare their scaling for yourself to see what you feel is most viable for your champions.  And it's not just about the stats on the artifacts, but the set and how viable it is for a particular champion as well.  

Figure out what your specific champions would benefit from most, then see what stats and bonuses your artifacts and sets offer.  It doesn't matter if one artifact scales better if it's not stats that are ideal for that particular champion.
KiwiMcSheepModerator
May 22, 2019, 22:4305/22/19
09/18/18

Hello

A 3 star uncommon will always be better then a 1-star epic, not sure if I have ever seen these but here's why.

The primary stats of an artifact increase per star level(rank) so for example, a 1-star chest piece will give you a lower % of stats than a 3-star chest piece, this difference is quite substantial.

The thing is with a 1-star epic piece, though the sub-stats may be good those extra stats will be quite low, so you would be trading off a decent proportion of primary stats for a small %  benefit to some stats but does this outweigh those primary stats, in most cases no.

it's worth noting that weapon, helm, and shield will always be flat stats(not a percentage), so these are all about the substats.

Gloves, chest, and Boots can be flat stats and percentages, I would strongly suggest that you use % based primary stats on these pieces, the exception to that advice is accuracy, resist or spd stats where these will always be flat stats. for example, speed primary is only available on boots, so if speed is what you're after, this is suggested.

I hope that helps.

many thanks

Feb 25, 2020, 16:4402/25/20
02/25/20
KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello

A 3 star uncommon will always be better then a 1-star epic, not sure if I have ever seen these but here's why.

The primary stats of an artifact increase per star level(rank) so for example, a 1-star chest piece will give you a lower % of stats than a 3-star chest piece, this difference is quite substantial.

The thing is with a 1-star epic piece, though the sub-stats may be good those extra stats will be quite low, so you would be trading off a decent proportion of primary stats for a small %  benefit to some stats but does this outweigh those primary stats, in most cases no.

it's worth noting that weapon, helm, and shield will always be flat stats(not a percentage), so these are all about the substats.

Gloves, chest, and Boots can be flat stats and percentages, I would strongly suggest that you use % based primary stats on these pieces, the exception to that advice is accuracy, resist or spd stats where these will always be flat stats. for example, speed primary is only available on boots, so if speed is what you're after, this is suggested.

I hope that helps.

many thanks

New player here also really enjoying the game, just logged in to upvote this very helpful post :)
Apr 20, 2021, 08:3304/20/21
Aug 15, 2023, 00:12(edited)
04/20/21

Spam Phishing link removed. -Mods

OracleCommunity Manager
Apr 20, 2021, 08:4004/20/21
Apr 20, 2021, 08:41(edited)
03/02/21

Hi, guys! It's difficult to add anything to what has been said but you may find this video useful: 

There is a whole bunch of similar introductory videos in the playlist 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 17:1908/14/23
02/24/19

Necro closed due to spam bot posts.